Chapter 10

Mine

Sharp, warm sunlight illuminates Kyungsoo's enormous room as he slowly and sleepily opens his eyes, making him furrow his eyebrows a little at the sudden blinding light invading his room.

The windows in his room are all open and the white curtains flutter and sway with each gust of morning wind, making the boy shiver a little and wrap himself tighter around his blanket.

He grabbed his phone and saw that it was already 9:17am, and literally almost jumped out of his bed when he realized how late he woke up for today. But then he quickly realized that it was Saturday and there is no school, so he chuckled to himself a little for realizing how silly he was for thinking he's gonna be late for school.

He then prompted himself into a sitting position above his bed, rubbing his eyes sleepily while groaning a little under his breath. After stretching his limbs out enough to wake himself up properly, he disentangled himself from his blankets and pillows and opened the door to go downstairs and have some morning tea.

Kyungsoo slowly and limply goes down the stairs, vision still blurry and not at all awake. He's already smelling the delicious aroma of teas and pancakes that his mother prepared as their maids all greet him good morning one by one. He simply muttered a quick greeting back after yawning, then rubbed his eyes again as he walks towards their enormous dining room.

"Good morning, Kyungsoo!" a cheery yet deep voice beamed at him from his front, startling him a bit at the sudden male voice he heard.

He squinted his eyes to take a look at the person standing in front of him from afar. Although his vision is blurry and fuzzy, he was sure that it wasn't his father who called out to him; his dad must've gone to his office already around 2 hours ago. It's definitely not his butler, too; he will never address his young master in such an informal way. And it's definitely impossible that it was his mom, because he's pretty much sure his mother's voice isn't that deep and manly. He rubbed his eyes again but more furiously now then squinted his doe eyes widely to make his vision clearer.

The blurry effect of his sleepiness started washing away, and there--right in front of him--stands the boy he never expected to see in the morning, greeting and beaming at him in their dining place.

"Jongin!" he screamed at the top of his lungs while pointing an accusing finger to said person as if he just saw a burglar or a criminal or a or something.

"Hey! Relax!" the other said in a loud but comforting tone as he approaches the surprised boy. "No need to shout, Kyungsoo!"

The shorter boy rubbed his eyes frantically then squinted on Jongin again. "...I'm not dreaming! You're really here! What are you doing here?!"

Jongin laughed heartily at the adorable reaction of Kyungsoo and started to open his mouth for an explanation, but then his eyes suddenly landed on Kyungsoo's lower body and the silly smile on his face quickly faded.

There, right in front of Jongin, is Kyungsoo's milky white bare legs. The boy wasn't wearing any pants on; only a bright green underwear that becomes even brighter whenever the sunlight hits it. Jongin felt weak to his knees and he literally braced himself.

"...What are you looking at?" Kyungsoo said in a questioning tone as he saw how Jongin's face suddenly turn blank and unpredictable.

The taller guy just shrugged and chuckled a bit, then said, "You really didn't change at all, Kyungsoo."

"...What do you...?" he started then quickly trailed off as he realizes what the other was talking about. He looked at his own lower body and screamed. "Yah!"

Jongin laughed even harder than before as he witnesses how embarrassment quickly took a hold of Kyungsoo's system. "Don't worry about it, Kyungsoo! I still sleep without a shirt on, actually!"

Kyungsoo had enough embarrassment and quickly ran to get back to his room. He can't believe himself for leaving his room without any pants on. He can't believe himself for wearing this insanely bright colored underwear and exposing it in broad daylight. He can't believe himself for facing Jongin at this state.

He quickly reached his room and locked his door. Panting, he approached his dresser and grabbed a pair of pants to wear. He's not yet completely sure what Jongin was doing at his place at such an early time of the day, but he should really start wearing pants first before dealing with anything for the day.

But as he was wearing his pants, he quickly remembered something that Jongin said days ago.

"Oh, and see you this Saturday!"

Kyungsoo cringed at the realization that hit him. So that's what Jongin was talking about.

 

-----

 

"So what exactly are you doing here?"

"Nothing. I just wanna hang out."

"Why don't you hang out with Sehun?"

"I don't wanna see that brat! I'm already stuck with him everyday I don't wanna see his face during the weekends as well!"

"Why not Jongdae, then?"

"But why not you? I don't see anything wrong if I wanna spend my free day with you, right?"

Kyungsoo snorted and let out a pout. "Then you should've at least informed me first hand."

"Hey, I told you last Tuesday!" Jongin replied teasingly while grinning like a kid.

"But you didn't tell me you're planning to come over my house!" the shorter boy almost yelled in a teasing manner as well, then quickly shrugged off after realizing he just acted too comfortable around Jongin. He cleared his throat then said, "Anyway, please don't tell anyone at school what you saw earlier. I... I don't usually sleep without any pants on. I swear it only--"

"Okay okay, relax..." the other assured him as he takes a sip of his hot chocolate drink. "I won't tell anyone."

"...Are you sure?"

"Yup. Trust me."

Kyungsoo sighed in relief and took a sip of his favorite Earl Grey tea. Jongin looked at him incredulously then suddenly asked something. "So what do you do during the weekends?"

"I read books. And drink teas." he replied normally and was proud of himself for not stuttering. He was currently doing a good job acting calm and collected. "That's... basically what I do."

"All day?!" Jongin blurted out with a shock expression on his face.

"Uhmm... Yeah." Kyungsoo replied bashfully, then quickly took a hold of himself to avoid looking embarrassed. He has to maintain his excellent acting until it becomes real.

"So what am I supposed to do for the whole day?" Jongin said in a rather complaining tone. "I hardly read books!"

"That's not my problem anymore," Kyungsoo replied with a little smile. While it's true that he was just acting comfortable and cool, he has to admit that he's also actually enjoying this little time with the other somehow. "You're the one who came here uninvited. That's your problem."

Jongin pouted and crossed his arms in front of him, then looked at Kyungsoo with a seemingly betrayed expression in his face.

Kyungsoo almost chuckled playfully at the sight but the sudden appearance of his mother emerging from the door distracted them both. "So boys, I'm gonna leave you two alone now, alright?"

Kyungsoo almost panicked and faced his mother. "Why? Where are you going, mom?"

"I'm gonna check on one of our shop branches, baby." his mother said in a cheery tone. Jongin chuckled a little at the childish nickname Kyungsoo was called. "Oh, and feel at home by the way, Jonginnie! It's been a while since we last saw you!"

"Thanks, Mrs. Do." the other replied with a grin.

Kyungsoo's mother smiled in return and continued. "Oh, and should I prepare the guest room for you?"

"No, it's alright Mrs. Do. I can settle in Kyungsoo's room." Jongin quickly replied.

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin and his mother confusingly. "...What are you two talking about?"

"Didn't Jongin tell you already? He's staying here for the night." Mrs. Do said with a sweet smile on her face, oblivious to her son's bewildered and troubled state.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened and he suddenly looked at Jongin, who just smiled at him childishly in return.

"Well, I better go now!" his mother beamed before leaving the dining room and closing the door behind her.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, stared at Jongin in a rather menacing way. "You're planning to sleep here? And you asked my mom even before asking me?"

"I know you'll decline if I asked for your permission so I just asked your mom instead," Jongin calmly said before sipping the last ounces of his chocolate drink.

Kyungsoo sighed. "I can't believe you."

"Oh, but you should start believing in me already, Kyungsoo." Jongin said a little teasingly and confidently while smirking, and Kyungsoo felt weird again after seeing that dirty smirk. "I've been trying to win you back since I entered Shinjae, you know."

"But you said you'll give me time to think and to forgive you, right?"

"I know, that's why I'm patiently waiting for it."

"You don't look patient to me, to be honest."

"Look, I just wanna be with you, Kyungsoo. I wanna spend time with you alone. Please let me stay here? Please?" he said with a charming smile. He knows what he's currently doing was way way different from his usual confident and brash personality, but it wouldn't hurt to look like a fool if it's all for the sake of spending time with his Kyungsoo.

The doe eyed boy was utterly speechless after that. He didn't expect the other to be that straightforward and honest (and charming) to him. He did his best again to fight off a blush and just shrugged.

"Fine." he said in a flat tone while doing his best to hide a silly smile from forming in his lips.

 

-----

 

The remainder of the day was boring for Jongin, and pressuring for Kyungsoo.

The darker skinned guy tried his best to start an interesting conversation between the two of them as they sat on the living room after lunch, but his efforts were futile. The shorter boy has no interests on video games, car racings, and other stuffs that Jongin has interest on. He accepted defeat when he realized that all Kyungsoo cares about was books and teas.

Around 4:00pm, Jongin decided he wanted to watch a film. He asked Kyungsoo what DVDs he have and the boy just shook his head and said, "I don't really watch too much movies. When I wanna watch something I go to the theaters to watch it once then that's it. I don't have any DVDs." then resumed on reading whatever boring novel it is that he was reading. Jongin accepted defeat again.

Around 7:00pm, Jongin was starting to get depressed. It's true that he's happy because he's now spending time with Kyungsoo alone, but they never really did anything that can be considered as 'bonding' or something similar to that. They never had any interaction that Jongin can consider big or important enough to escalate the progress of their current relationship.

But when Kyungsoo said his mom texted him and asked him to cook kimchi spaghetti for their dinner, his face literally lit up with hope again.

"You cook?!" he blurted out in a surprised manner.

"Just a little..." Kyungsoo replied as he puts on his apron. The both of them are in the kitchen now because Jongin won't stay still when he told the guy to just stay in the living room as he cooks dinner. "Sometimes dad would ask me to prepare something for him coz he said my cooking tastes better than our maids and mom herself, but I actually don't believe him."

Jongin gulped hard at the sudden sight in front of him. Kyungsoo wearing an apron is too much for him to handle. "Oh. I-I see..." he said as he awkwardly scratches the back of his head. First was the disheveled, pants-less morning Kyungsoo, and now this aproned, cutie Kyungsoo? Jongin thought maybe he should really be the one doing the preparation here and not really Kyungsoo.

They finished cooking later than intended and proceeded to dinner when Kyungsoo's parents arrived. Mr. Do resumed with his undying monologues of family ties and relationships and continuously reminded the two boys to continue their good friendship (Kyungsoo almost choked) for future business partnerships and stuffs. Jongin just awkwardly nods and agrees to whatever he says.

 

-----

 

After dinner, Jongin can't stop smiling to himself and Kyungsoo knows the reason why as the other follows him to his room like a little puppy.

"So where am I gonna sleep, Kyungsoo?" Jongin cheered when he closes the door behind him.

"On the floor." Kyungsoo flatly said like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Wha-?! Are you serious?!" he said while stomping his feet like a spoiled kid. "You're gonna make me sleep on the floor? Me, Kim Jongin, will sleep on the floor?"

Kyungsoo fought off a smile from escaping his heart shaped lips. "Yes. Why? My mom asked you if you wanna be on the guest room but you declined, so this is the best that I can offer."

"You're too cruel..." he said as he suddenly grabs the hem of his shirt to bring it up over his head and remove it quickly.

Kyungsoo suddenly averted his gaze to prevent himself from turning into a red tomato again. He cleared his throat a little then said, "W-Why are you removing your shirt?"

Jongin looked at him confusingly, then quickly got what the other was so worried about and decided to a little again. "Why? I told you I can't sleep with a shirt on."

"O-Okay..." the other replied awkwardly. He thought he already got over the half- Jongin incident but apparently that wasn't the case.

Jongin smirked as he notice how flustered Kyungsoo became again. "Why don't you remove your pants now?"

Kyungsoo felt heat travel all across his face up to the tip of his ears. Jongin is teasing him on purpose. He faced the other while looking a little irritated and said, "W-What the hell are you talking about?"

But he didn't expect Jongin to suddenly walk hastily from across the room and pound him against the wall. The taller guy placed his hands on the wall on both sides of the other's head, and Kyungsoo stared at him with wide, shocked eyes as he feel his heart thump louder and louder he swore he could almost hear it in his ears.

"I said, why don't you remove your pants yet?"

Kyungsoo shut his eyes hard. He doesn't care anymore whether he looks so red and flustered now. The distance between him and Jongin is painfully close he literally forgot how to breathe.

"Why are you closing your eyes?" Jongin teased some more. "And why are you blushing?"

"I'm not blushing!" Kyungsoo almost yelled at the top of his lungs as he tried to push the other away. "Go away, stupid Jongin!"

But Jongin's stand was firm and strong, he didn't waver even when the other pushed him away. Instead, he started to slowly move his head closer and closer to the other's face as if he was trying to kiss Kyungsoo on the lips.

The doe eyed boy, on the other hand, closed his eyes as hard as he could again while feeling his heartbeat race even faster and faster than before. He's too shocked to move, too stunned to actually do anything other than close his eyes and let himself suffer.

But the kiss never came and the next thing he saw when he opened his eyes was a silly Jongin smiling at him like a kid. He furrowed his eyebrows and quickly pushed the guy away successfully. "...Stupid Jongin."

The other chuckled a little and suddenly grabbed a pillow and a blanket from Kyungsoo's bed. "I was just kidding. I wouldn't do that."

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip to hide his embarrassment. He's not entirely sure if he was glad or disappointed when the kiss never came and Jongin told him he'll never do that. He then just brushed it off and sat himself on his bed.

"I mean... I wouldn't do that without your permission." Jongin suddenly said as he places the blanket and the pillow on the floor. "Good night, Kyungsoo!"

The other blushed heavily but quickly faced the other direction to hide it from Jongin. He then stood up and turned off the lights before muttering something like "Stupid Jongin" under his breath. The other chuckled a little as he lies down uncomfortably on the floor.

Kyungsoo stealthily removed his pants before settling himself on his bed. It's true that he really can't sleep with a pair of pants on, even if it's a pajama. He covered himself in blankets and closed his eyes to let his heart calm down a little.

They stayed silent for an hour or so until Kyungsoo can finally feel the drowsiness getting on him. His heart stopped palpitating too much as well as he calmly wait for sleep to finally visit him.

He was already half asleep when he felt a sudden weight settle itself at the edge of his bed. He felt his blanket being disheveled and yanked as someone obviously tries to lay down on his bed as well. But before he can even protest, a pair of arms suddenly wrapped his body from his back, making him startled and surprised.

"I told you to sleep on the--"

"Shh." Jongin cut him off abruptly. "I can't freaking sleep there. Have some pity."

"But you don't have to hug me and--"

"Shh!" he got cut off again by the other. "I can't sleep without something to cling to! Just let me sleep in peace, please?"

"Go hug a pillow! Remover your--"

"If you don't stop I'll definitely kiss you." Jongin warned him in a serious tone, and Kyungsoo's heart is starting to palpitate extremely again. "Don't worry, I won't bite. I won't do anything weird. I promise. I just wanna cling to something warm so I can fall asleep easily."

Kyungsoo shut his mouth after that, uncomfortably letting Jongin snuggle him more as the other buries his face on Kyungsoo's nape.

"Goodnight again, Kyungsoo." Jongin muttered sleepily.

Kyungsoo shut his eyes even tighter than before as he desperately hoped to fall asleep in this state. "G-Goodnight too, Jongin."

He felt a smile curve on Jongin's lips from his back..

 




 

(NOTE: OMG KAISOO CUDDLING ON THE BED AAAAAH *dies*
Okay, I know this update seemed rushed and unplanned so I am definitely gonna edit this out when I have the time. I'm just really busy lately with stuffs so I can't provide proper updates. Please bear with me waaaah.
Also, I am actually planning to write a fourshot Baekyeol story. I'm not starting to work on it yet but please watch out for it!
It's just gonna be a short story chopped in four parts so it's not really going to affect my update days here on Mine so yeah.
Saranghaja!)