Chapter 21

Mine

The following day, Jongin was literally not pleased to know that Kyungsoo's forcing him to get up early in the morning because their group of friends just called and said they should come to the mall and hang out for today.

Jongin lazily got himself into a sitting position and forced his eyes to open. He scratched the back of his head frantically and yawned at the abrupt way he was waken up.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, can't help but smile at the sight of a disheveled and sleepy Jongin in front of him. He then sat exactly opposite his boyfriend and ruffled his messy hair to catch his attention. "You're so cute when you just woke up, Jonginnie."

"I'm not cute. I'm mad." Jongin said in a little hiss while still having his eyes closed. He still haven't adjusted to the bright sunlight of the morning and he can't really open his eyes completely yet. "Why do we even have to go with them today? Why don't we just stay here all day?"

Kyungsoo chuckled at the other's childish whines and pinched Jongin's cheeks to force him to wake up. "Coz they said we have to explain everything to them, remember?"

"But we still haven't finished talking with each other ourselves." Jongin protested again in a muffled voice (his cheeks were still being pinched by Kyungsoo). While it is true that he would like to explain and clear everything to their group of friends so he can literally restrict and uphold his laws about getting close to his boyfriend, he is also pretty much aware that the two of them haven't really talked things out clearly yet. "What will we explain to them when we ourselves haven't--"

"But I think we don't need to talk anymore to understand everything anyway, Jongin." the shorter boy said before removing his hands on his boyfriend's cheeks. He flashed the other a giddy smile before continuing. "I mean... I love you, and you love me, and that's it. No need to explain things between us. Just knowing that we're in love is enough, right?"

Jongin snapped his eyes open with that and stared at the other in a confused manner. He felt a little shock and baffled at the sudden cheesy words coming from Kyungsoo, thinking that perhaps he was just still dreaming or what. But he then grabbed Kyungsoo by the shoulders to wrap his arms tight around his frail and narrow body to confirm that he isn't really dreaming and everything is real. "Aww Kyungie?! Why do you have to be so sweet?!"

"I'm not being sweet!" Kyungsoo tried to protest with cheeks burning from embarrassment. He himself felt a little liberated and open at what he just said, apparently. "I-I was just..."

"Yeah yeah I know what you're trying to say," Jongin cut him off while still hugging him tightly. "Just hug me in return so I'll agree about going out today instead of staying indoors and cuddling with you all day."

Kyungsoo laughed heartily with that and did what his boyfriend requested. He wrapped his arms around Jongin's body and settled his head on the other's shoulders. "But I still have things to ask you later, Jongin."

"Go ahead." The bronze skinned guy replied with a little chuckle. "Ask as many questions as you want."

"Okay." Kyungsoo replied with a smile plastered on his face, feeling happy and excited at the thought of finally being together with the boy he loves without feeling any pressure or doubt or fear. "I love you, Jongin."

Jongin's arms tightened around Kyungsoo with that. "I love you too, Kyungie." he replied with a smile.

 

-----

 

After finishing their breakfast (with Kyungsoo protesting after only having three cups of teas), the two boys quickly prepared themselves to have lunch in the mall with their friends. The one who called Kyungsoo that morning was Chanyeol, saying that a certain high class Chinese restaurant just opened up a branch in one of their malls and that he's excited to treat everyone lunch their.

Kyungsoo opened the door of his own bathroom inside his room when Jongin suddenly appeared in front of him. "Hey, let's take a shower together Kyungie!"

The shorter boy's cheeks looked as red as rose petals with that. "W-W-What?!"

Jongin just flashed him a smirk in return and pouted. "Let's take a shower together." he repeated mischievously, noticing how Kyungsoo blushed intensely at the words he just said. The bronze skinned guy then continued on flustering his boyfriend more. "I can scrub your back. I can wash your hair for you. I can shower your skin with kisses, and of course maybe I can also--"

"Yah!" Kyungsoo yelled, cheeks flaring and flustered with intense heat while silently cursing inside his mind how he imagined every single thing Jongin just said and feeling a little uncomfortable afterwards. Kyungsoo can have a wild imagination sometimes, and he won't let Jongin discover it or else he knows his boyfriend will continue to with stuffs like that.  "Silly Jongin..."

"But we can save more time if we'll just take a bath together..." Jongin continued to propose playfully. He then suddenly removed his shirt and looked at the shorter boy with heavy lidded eyes. "C'mon, Kyungie..."

Kyungsoo had enough teasing (and wild imagination, apparently) and quickly turned around to leave. "That's it. I'm going to take a bath in my parents' bathroom and you can shower here alone and stop teasing me. ert."

"Hey hey hey I'm just kidding!" Jongin said while laughing boisterously.

But Kyungsoo just glanced back at him with a little smile. "But I'm serious. You can shower here and I'll go in my parents' bathroom to prepare there so we can both finish quickly."

Jongin pouted despondently with that (though he's quite sure Kyungsoo won't agree to his silly offering anyway, he still kinda expected him to agree somehow) and sighed a little. "Okay, baby. I can let you get away for now."

"Stupid Jongin." Kyungsoo hissed before flashing the other his adorable heart shaped smile and completely leaving his room.

Kyungsoo surprisingly finished showering in record time (he wouldn't want to think of what Jongin might do if he ever walk on him while he's putting on his clothes) and finished dressing as well when Jongin came out of his bathroom door. "Whoa. You're already prepared?"

"Y-Yeah..." Kyungsoo replied with a stutter at the sight of his half- boyfriend. Jongin was only wearing his pants on when he came out of the bathroom.

Jongin noticed the little stutter from the shorter boy of course and smiled to himself. He then quickly grabbed a simple shirt from his bag to put on and quickly prepared himself as well.

They them both rode Jongin's own car on their way to the mall with Kyungsoo's mother's consent. Jongin will be staying in the Do's estate until tomorrow morning anyway so Mrs. Do let his son ride with Jongin without their family butler.

The ride wasn't that long too, and the Chinese restaurant Chanyeol was talking about wasn't hard to find inside the mall as well. They entered the place and was immediately escorted by the receptionist to their friends' table who apparently came to the place around 20 minutes ago.

"You two are late!" Baekhyun blurted out in a playful manner while offering the two vacant seats in his front. "What were you two doing all the while, huh?"

"Well you know..." Jongin suddenly replied while settling on the offered seat. Kyungsoo sat beside him with a little look of confusion in his face. "Just some stuffs couples usually do."

"Yah!" both Baekhyun and Chanyeol shouted shouted while pointing an accusing finger to the two new couple.

"No no no it's nothing like that you idiots!" Kyungsoo protested while frantically waving a hand in front of him. He then landed a playful punch on his boyfriend beside him after the other laughed hard at his flustered reaction.

Jongin wiped the slight tears forming at the corners of his eyes caused by laughing and shook his head to Chanyeol and Baekhyun in front of him. "We just talked some stuffs out."

The two boys in front of them nodded their heads and sighed in agreement.

"Where's Minseok, by the way?" Kyungsoo suddenly asked after looking around their table and realizing that said person isn't with them yet.

But Jongin wasn't exactly pleased to hear that from Kyungsoo. "Hey..." he whispered a little while pouting like a little kid. "Why do you seem so excited to see him?"

Kyungsoo shot him a weird and bewildered look at first then quickly got what the other was sulking about. He then smiled sweetly to the other before placing his hand above Jongin's knees. "I'm not excited to see him, silly..." he whispered lowly to the other's ear so that their other friends won't hear what he was saying. "Don't be too paranoid, baby..."

Jongin's eyes widened with that though. "B-Baby?" he repeated as if disbelieving his own ears from hearing that from the other.

Kyungsoo blushed a little with that and averted his gaze from Jongin's expectant eyes. "E-Ermm... I kinda wanted to call you that but... I don't know..."

Jongin smiled giddily with that and literally almost hugged the shorter boy before realizing that they are in a public place and are in front of their own group of friends.

"Hey you two!" Jongdae exclaimed while pointing a finger to them. "This isn't a proper place for your lovey doveys! Go find a room!"

Jongin laughed with that and decided to play along too. "Well we do have a room just a while ago before you guys called us to go here, you know?"

"Whatever," Jongdae said with an eye roll before facing Kyungsoo. "And about Minseok, he's currently inside the department store looking for soccer shoes with Luhan."

"Luhan's with us?" Kyungsoo asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, he's officially part of our group now!" Baekhyun beamed at him happily before realizing the little misunderstanding between Luhan and Kyungsoo. "Er, I mean... If that's okay with you?"

"Of course it's okay with me!" Kyungsoo protested with a giddy smile. "I'm okay now. No more traumas and bad memories."

"Right..." Jongin added while placing an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders. "But I didn't know Minseok and Luhan were close though?"

"Oh, it's actually because Luhan said he's joining soccer club and gossip boy got all hyped and excited about it." Joonmyun suddenly said from his seat.

"That's good. They should totally get closer..." Jongin replied with all seriousness. Kyungsoo shot him a confuse look while Sehun stared at him with playfulness and mischief in his eyes.

"Here's the menu, by the way." Chanyeol said while handing the menu to Kyungsoo. "Just order anything you two want. My treat."

"Alright." the shorter boy replied before taking the menu and scanning it.

"So Jongin..." Jongdae suddenly said from his spot. "When you said weeks ago that you wouldn't mind being gay for a certain someone, is that actually Kyungsoo?" the other asked after recalling that one time they were in Cheongdam talking about ualities and stuff.

"Yeah..." Jongin replied instantly, perfectly remembering that moment the other was referring to. "All that time, I've been in love with Kyungie..."

The shorter boy did his best to fight off a smile from forming in his lips. He then just hid his face behind the big menu he was holding to cover the blush on his cheeks.

"I see!" Jongdae blurted out. "Now guys. If any of you here are actually gay or in love with anyone within the group, now's the perfect time to spill it! Come on!"

Kyungsoo stared at Chanyeol and Baekhyun in front of him who suddenly looked uncomfortably quiet and awkward, while Jongin shot a playful glare to Sehun's and Joonmyun's direction.

Chanyeol slowly looked down on his lap to avoid Kyungsoo's stare and Baekhyun shot him a weird and apologetic look. Kyungsoo then just sighed in despondency after that.

Sehun, on the other hand, smiled playfully at Jongin's stare as if mentally passing a message or something. The bronze skinned guy seemingly got what the other was implying and just smirked in return instead. Kyungsoo wondered if Jongin and Sehun has some sort of telepathic abilities of some sort.

"Actually, I wouldn't mind being gay for the right person too..." Sehun suddenly said. Joonmyun unconsciously blushed a little with that. "I mean, honestly, it's not like I didn't have experiences with guys anyway..."

"What?!" the entire group (including Kyungsoo) almost screamed at that while doing their best to stop themselves from covering their mouths due to intense shock.

But Sehun wasn't faltered by it, and instead chuckled a little victoriously as if he's enjoying the attention. "Yeah..."

"Whoa." Jongdae said after gasping deeply. "I didn't expect that."

"Me too..." Chanyeol said while nodding his head in agreement. "This group is so full of secrets..."

"Yeah, you're right about that..." Kyungsoo suddenly said with a hint of teasing in is voice. Jongin shot him a questioning look with that. "Full of secrets, right?"

Chanyeol was caught off guard at that joke and Baekhyun shot Kyungsoo a worried look. Jongdae noticed it somehow and smiled to himself knowingly.

But even before things started to get awkward between them (Kyungsoo's a terrible joker), the waiter approached their table and served them their orders one by one.

Minseok and Luhan got back as well just in time when the waiter was placing the meals on their table. Jongin tightened his grip around his boyfriend's shoulders when Minseok and Kyungsoo high fived after seeing each other.

But after everything was set, Kyungsoo felt a little guilty with his own joke a while ago and sent Baekhyun an apologetic look. After all, he himself hid a major secret from his friend despite knowing how much Baekhyun trusts him so much to disclose something as personal as his relationship with Chanyeol. The shorter boy felt a little regretful about that and thought he should maybe apologize to the other one time.

Baekhyun just smiled at him in return though before returning back to his usually cheery self.

"Let's eat!" Baekhyun beamed to their group before grabbing his chopsticks and start enjoying himself with the little feast in front of them.

 

-----

 

Later that night, after Kyungsoo and Jongin finished watching a romantic movie inside Kyungsoo's room, the two boys sat into an Indian sit above the bed again to finish the talk they had yesterday night.

"Okay, Kyungie." Jongin started after noticing that the doe eyed boy's actually looking nervous about it. "Shoot your questions."

"Ermm..." Kyungsoo started, then trailed off after realizing that the question's a little too personal and private. "Are... Are you... Ermm..."

"Am I gay or not? Is that your question?" Jongin finished his sentence for him.

Kyungsoo got a little surprised with that but slowly nodded his head in return, feeling awkward and embarrassed at his own question.

Jongin just chuckled though and answered him with full confidence. "No, not really. It's more like what I keep on telling our friends, Kyungie. I'm just in love with you. I mean, I don't really like boys, not unless you were that boy of course."

Kyungsoo sighed in despondency with that. "O-Okay..."

"Why do you seem so sad about it?" Jongin asked worryingly.

"Oh, nothing..." Kyungsoo said. "I-I'm just scared that you might go find a girl or something since you're really straight after all... I mean, I'm just worried that you might leave me for some girl someday, and I don't want that to happen..."

Jongin smiled sweetly with that and ruffled his boyfriend's hair in return. "That will never ever happen, silly Kyungie." he said as comforting as he can. "I promise. I'll only love you."

"Really?" Kyungsoo asked while tilting his head to look closely at Jongin.

"Yeah, really..." Jongin assured him before pecking a quick kiss on the other's lips. "Now stop worrying yourself about that silly thing, okay?"

"Okay..." Kyungsoo replied with an adorable smile.

"Is that all?" Jongin asked him a little impatiently after that. "Spill everything out now so I can start hugging you to sleep already."

"Alright alright, but I have one more thing to ask." Kyungsoo said with a little chuckle. "Ermm... Is it okay for you to... maybe... like... hide our relationship first? I mean, aside from our group of friends?"

Jongin chuckled with that though and Kyungsoo shot him a confused look. The shorter boy honestly didn't expect that kind of reaction from the other. "Yeah, sure, it's okay. I mean, I kinda want to put it that way as well actually. But not because I'm not proud of you or anything, okay? I just wanna stay away from controversies and rumors as much as I can. Being the heir of Kims is already too hard for me too handle to be honest." the taller guy explained as honestly as he could.

Kyungsoo sighed in relief with that and smiled sweetly to the other. "Okay. I'm just scared about what my parents would say about it, you know? But I know I have to eventually tell them one day. I just have to prepare myself for that first."

"Of course." Jongin said before closing the distance between the two of them. "Anything for you, Kyungie." he said before pushing his lips against the other's again like last night.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes with that and let his boyfriend kiss him passionately again. He hates to admit it but the way Jongin's soft lips brush against his is a feeling he wanted to keep experiencing every now and then. He loves the way it makes him feel secure, makes him feel loved and wanted.

And most especially, he likes the way it makes him feel special.

"I love you..." Jongin said after breaking out from the kiss that lasted quite longer than last night.

Kyungsoo smiled a little with that, savoring and etching in his mind every single moment and memory with Jongin so he can clearly recall them anytime, so he can never ever forget them no matter what.

"I love you too."





 

(NOTE: NAWWWWW ANOTHER OVERLY FLUFFY UPDATE ASDFGHJKL.

I guess I just had enough dramas of my own so I kinda wanted to make my updates in this story as light hearted and simple as I can. kekeke.

and i didn't even give this a read after i wrote this. i just posted it right after finishing everything OTL so sorry for any errors or mistakes.

and can I rant about my personal life? Lol so you see, i had some really really REALLY STRESSFUL AND AT THE SAME TIME REWARDING DAYS THIS PAST FEW WEEKS. university has been always always so hard but its also very nice to know how your hard work pay off, like one moment i was sulking coz things aren't working out well in my studies and then the next i was like happy and blissful coz i passed a certain important matter in school and i also unexpectedly won an award and stuff during our university's acquaintance party. its crazy and yeah i sound real confusing right now but idk I'M JUST REALLY HAPPY RIGHT NOW OKAY PLS FORGIVE ME

lol but i hope u guys enjoyed this update tho! comment ur thoughts guys!)