Chapter 15

Mine

Kyungsoo arrived to school the day after almost 30 minutes earlier than usual, convincing himself that he just randomly woke up really early that morning so he decided to go to school early (he's just too excited to see Jongin again after the other's 3-day suspension, to be honest).

He hurried to his classroom with full anticipation and was really surprised to see Jongin being there already at the back of his desk, sitting while having his arms crossed in front of him.

Fighting off a smile, Kyungsoo cleared his throat a little then started walking to his seat.

But Jongin didn't even bother to look at him as he walked toward his desk. The bronze skinned guy's eyes were fixed and glued on his desk where his bag was placed. His eyebrows are furrowed a little, too; and the doe eyed boy felt extremely weird about it but just shrugged it off.

But when the shorter boy was properly seated in his desk though, Jongin cleared his throat and suddenly called out to him. "Kyungsoo..."

"Hm?" the other hummed in reply, trying his best to sound as casual as he can.

Jongin snorted a little. "Look at me."

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows a little at the sudden demanding voice and slowly tilted his head to his back to stare at the other. He noticed that Jongin was wearing a band aid near his right eye; it must be because of the punch he received last Monday. "What is it?"

"I already confirmed that Saturday is my special day with you..." Jongin suddenly said in an adorably sad and despondent look while pouting hard.

Kyungsoo did his best to control a blush. "Oh... So you already heard it."

"Sehun told me." the bronze skinned guy replied in almost a bark. "You can't do this, Kyungsoo! I'm supposed to spend time with you alone!"

"Yah! Don't shout!" Kyungsoo blurted out while shushing the other. Even though it's still really early for classes, some students are already in their classroom as well and Kyungsoo wouldn't want rumors to spread around all because Jongin was acting like such a spoiled brat.

"It's so unfair..." Jongin said like a little kid doing tantrums.

"I never agreed to spend every Saturday with you anyway," the other said while chuckling a little before returning his gaze to his front again.

Jongin just snorted and pouted his lips even more, disappointed at the sudden turn of events.

"But I'll still sleep over your room. You can't take that away from me."

Kyungsoo just snorted and shrugged.

 

-----

 

Kyungsoo's friends arrived at the Do's mansion around lunch time that Saturday, all gaping in awe and literally smiling like idiots as they walk through the enormous halls and corridors (except Jongin who was snorting the entire time ever since they arrived).

It's not that his friends were amazed by how big Kyungsoo's mansion was; their houses and estates are honestly even bigger than Kyungsoo's. But what they are being amazed about is how organized and clean looking the entire mansion is; every single decoration and furniture compliments each other nicely, giving the whole place a feel of grandeur and elegance.

They already kinda expected that Kyungsoo's house is going to be extravagantly decorated with beautiful furniture and decorations since that is actually the Do's family business, but they honestly didn't expect it to be this wonderful.

After arriving, they settled themselves on a large table then on the dining area as Kyungsoo's mother all greeted them one by one with a warm smile, all telling them to try the dishes she prepared herself (Kyungsoo's mom loves cooking, so she still cooks for her own family despite having staffs like chefs and maids).

The lunch was absolutely sumptuous since they all remained silent while eating, everyone too busy stuffing their faces with foods and drinks that they suddenly forgot to talk and goof around like they usually do during lunches. Even Jongin seemed to forget his current troubles and stopped acting like a brat to eat his lunch merrily.

And since it was a specifically nice and warm day, the boys then settled themselves on the garden after eating lunch to study there. They decided to just plan out their reporting projects as well like Kyungsoo and Minseok.

"You have a really nice garden, Soo..." Jongdae said while tilting his head everywhere to observe the whole place.

"Says the guy whose garden is 3 tinms bigger than ours." Kyungsoo said playfully while chuckling a little.

"Hey, a big garden is different than a nice garden," Jongdae said with a chuckle of his own. "Ours may be bigger but it isn't as lively and beautiful as this."

"Are we here to talk about gardens?" Chanyeol asked in a kidding manner while bringing out his text book from his bag. "Let's start with planning for the reporting already so we can play later!"

"Alright!" Baekhyun happily exclaimed then sat beside Chanyeol to check on the book as well.

Sehun stood up irritatingly from his comfy spot beside Joonmyun to sit beside Jongin, and Minseok sat beside Kyungsoo who was sitting on a spot under a huge tree.

"Since our study partners aren't here," Jongdae said while standing up as well to approach Chanyeol and Baekhyun's direction. "We'll just help you out guys plan your reports instead."

Baekhyun beamed a smile at Jongdae with that, and Chanyeol rolled his eyes in dismay.

Sehun and Jongin, on the other hand, stared with sharp eyes to Minseok and Kyungsoo's direction as Joonmyun makes his way to sit with the two.

"I hate Joonmyun..." Jongin muttered lowly while sending daggers to said person's direction.

"And I hate Kyungsoo." Sehun said while also staring at said person with intense heat in his eyes.

Jongin was a little startled and unpleased with that, though. "Hey! How dare you hate him? But wait, does that mean...?"

Sehun sighed and rolled his eyes after averting his gaze from the three boys' direction. "It's all your fault, you idiot."

Jongin controlled a laugh from escaping his mouth and whispered a little to Sehun's ears. "Well, I'm totally rooting Joonmyun for you. Good luck!"

"And I'm rooting Kyungsoo for you so he'll leave my Joonmyun alone." Sehun hissed in a bratty manner then brought out his own pen and book to start finalizing their report. "C'mon, let's just get this done."

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was seriously regretting the decision he made about picking Minseok as a partner instead. He can't help but feel uncomfortable and weird whenever Jongin would lean extra closer to Sehun's side or whenever they would whisper something low in each other's ears then would both smile knowingly with each other.

He had no idea his own silly plan would backfire to him instead.

 

-----

 

"Hey, so I heard there's gonna be a new transfer student again?" Minseok said while munching on a handful of cookies that Kyungsoo's mom prepared for them for snack. They've been studying for hours already and Mrs. Do suddenly appeared in front of them to serve some cookies and drinks (and tea for Kyungsoo). "I mean, not that I'm gossiping about it--"

"Oh don't even deny it Minseok," Joonmyun said with an eye roll.

Sehun laughed merrily with that remark, lightly hitting the other's arm in a playful manner. "You're so funny, Joonmyun!"

The other just stared at him with a rather disgusted look in his face; it's been quite a while now since the taller guy started bugging him out of nowhere but he still can't get over his fake cheerfulness.

Jongdae laughed at that as well, then said, "Yeah, he's an exchange student from China. He'll be arriving next week, I think." he said while taking a cookie as well. "And according to my dad, he'll be in our class."

"Really? Our class?" Baekhyun blurted out in an excited manner.

"Yup," Jongdae replied back after swallowing a whole cookie he just chewed in one go. "He'll be a nice addition to my pets!"

Everyone rolled their eyes in annoyance after that.

"Where's Jongin, by the way?" Chanyeol suddenly asked after realizing that said person wasn't currently with them.

"He's inside the house, talking with my father," Kyungsoo replied casually before realizing something.

His father and Jongin are currently inside their house, talking and discussing stuffs about business and such again. Kyungsoo is well aware of the fact that his dad would do everything to make the two of them closer, and he's pretty sure that once Jongin proposed something like sleeping for the night again, he knows his father won't even hesitate about agreeing to it.

But it's not that he doesn't like Jongin sleeping over his room again; honestly, he was kinda looking forward to it at the back of his mind. But his greatest concern is their friends, what would he tell them when Jongin decided he'll sleep tonight in Kyungsoo's room again?

He thought he was already safe from being busted about Jongin's first sleepover in his house. Apparently, he didn't prepare himself for the second sleepover.

"I think I'll just check on them first," Kyungsoo said as he stood up from his spot to return inside their house.

But when he was about to start walking, he already spotted Jongin walking towards their direction while smiling like a little kid.

He felt weird to his stomach again.

"Guys," Jongin said as he reach their spot. "What time are you all planning to leave?"

Everyone looked at each other with confused faces after that, seemingly startled at Jongin's rather weird question. Jongdae faced the bronze skinned guy though and said, "I don't know... Maybe an hour from now since it's starting to get late anyway?"

"I see..." Jongin said with a smirk. Kyungsoo is seriously starting to panic now. "You guys can go ahead without me. Mr. Do and I were discussing some things about business so I have to stay until later."

Kyungsoo's heartbeat started to pound fast against his chest again.

"Then we will stay until later as well." Joonmyun said with a hint of challenge in his eyes. "We can wait for you."

Jongin raised his eyebrow in irritation, then controlled himself from doing anything weird and suspicious.

Sehun was quick to respond with that though, suddenly clinging to Joonmyun's arm and saying "But I really wanna go home early, Joonmyun!"

The other shot Sehun an incredulous look, but when he started to protest he was cut off by everyone's voice instead.

"Yeah, Sehun's right. I honestly wanna go home too you know."

"We've been studying and playing around for hours already, I think that's enough."

"Yeah. Besides, Mr. Do is a really talkative man so we will probably wait a long time for Jongin so we should just go without him."

"Jongin's a big kid already, he doesn't need people waiting for him."

The group all said in agreement, and Joonmyun can't do anything but sigh in despondency. Sehun felt a little pang of pain with that.

Jongin smiled victoriously though, then said, "Okay, I probably have to get back. Mr. Do is waiting for me." before waving each other playfully and turning around to start walking back to the mansion.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, felt something flutter in his stomach again, although he's not entirely sure if it's caused by anticipation or by worry.

Or probably by both, Kyungsoo concluded in his mind.

-----

Jongin's plan, like usual, was flawless.

The group left the Do's estate exactly an hour after he talked with them about him staying behind because of Kyungsoo's dad. Their friends all cheerily (and obliviously) waved them a goodbye before hopping inside their cars to leave.

Jongin ate dinner with Kyungsoo's family again like it's the most normal thing in the world. He giddily converses with Kyungsoo's parents about business and school and about simply everything he can ever think of just to gain their trust more, and the doe eyed boy can't help but let out a snort under his breath whenever he glances at Jongin's direction only to see the guy smiling knowingly at him.

When it is finally time for bed, Jongin fortunately didn't remove his shirt anymore to tease Kyungsoo and instead brought out a couple of DVDs from his bag.

"Let's watch a movie, Kyungie!" he beamed while flashing the other a wide grin. "I brought movies!"

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows and squinted his eyes at the couple of DVDs the other was holding. "...They're all horror movies. I don't want to watch."

Jongin shrugged in defeat. "Okay okay, I brought other movies anyway..." he said in a low and despondent voice while bringing out another set of DVDs from his bag. "Comedies. Dramas. What do you want?"

"You know what? I'm actually not in the mood for movies so can I just go to sleep and--"

"No, you're watching a movie with me." the other flatly said in a seemingly commanding voice. He then started walking to the television set in front of Kyungsoo's bed to operate the player. "We'll watch a comedy movie."

Kyungsoo sighed in defeat and sat on the top of his bed, while Jongin operated the player and suddenly turned off the lights.

"Yah! Why are you turning off the lights?!" Kyungsoo almost screamed, feeling scared and worried at the thought of being alone with Jongin inside a dark bedroom.

"Relax..." Jongin said in his teasing voice again, and Kyungsoo shivered a little at the sound of it. "It's more fun to watch a movie when it's dark."

Kyungsoo just pouted in response and wrapped himself in his blankets, eyes staring at the opening credits of the movie.

Jongin, on the other hand, sneakily sat down above the bed as well while trying to cover himself with Kyungsoo's blanket too, trying his best to stealthily go under the covers to cuddle with the other.

The doe eyed boy noticed him though, and quickly pushed him away. "You're staying on the floor this time, and I mean it."

"Kyungie..." Jongin said with his puppy eyes again.

Kyungsoo did his best to resist. "No. You stay there."

"But the floor is too hard and cold! Please have pity!" Jongin pleaded (actually begged; it's really amazing how he changes his personality exclusively just for Kyungsoo). "I already have too much body aches because of dance lessons. Please let me stay in bed too, please?"

And as expected, Kyungsoo's defense fell to the ground after that irresistible aegyo "...Fine. But no more hugging, okay?"

Jongin quickly and excitedly settled himself on the top of the bed beside Kyungsoo, then pursed his lips into a smirk again. "Oh, but it was actually you who was hugging me with all his might the last time I crashed here..."

Kyungsoo blushed hard with that, but tried to hide it by focusing on the movie in front of him instead. "L-Liar..."

"I'm not lying..." Jongin teased some more before finally settling himself just beside Kyungsoo to watch the movie as well.

But he can't even focus on the movie he brought himself after that. There's been an issue bugging him recently about Kyungsoo and he really wanted to clarify it with the other. He's not really sure how to ask it though, especially since they almost hardly have the time to be alone together anyway. But now they do and he knows he has to ask it to the other while he still have the chance tonight.

So without really thinking much, he started blurting out his thoughts to ask the other. "Kyungie..."

"Yeah?"

"You're aware that I'm actually courting you, right?"

Kyungsoo's eyes widened with that and he didn't even bother to hide it from Jongin as he faced him with his jaw almost dropping down to the ground. "...What?"

"You do know that I'm courting you, all this time, right?"

Kyungsoo's mind felt like it was about to explode. "W-What do you mean?"

Jongin sighed heavily. He should've known from the start that Kyungsoo must be oblivious about it all this time. "I've been courting you ever since I started changing, you know..."

Kyungsoo remained silent with that, unable to form words or even thoughts inside of his messy head. He knows that Jongin was doing everything he could to win his trust back, but never did he really thought that the other was trying to win his heart as well.

Jongin continued with a low voice. "I thought you already know..."

"But I thought you're only doing it to be my friend again?"

The other shot him an incredulous look then sighed deeply again. "Well... Yeah, that's right. But I'm also doing it to prove to you that I can be a better man for you... I mean, not just to be a friend, but a lover as well..." he said while looking down at his lap. "But you're not even aware of it all this time..."

Kyungsoo fell silent after that, too shocked and surprised at the new discovery for him. It was very obvious anyway ever since Jongin started changing for him and teasing him out of the blue to purposely make him blush, but oblivious Kyungsoo was just too oblivious he never thought that the other was actually courting him.

Jongin was pretty sure himself that Kyungsoo's gay even without the other actually opening it up to him, or to anybody; for that matter. He just knows, and it kinda pushed him into courting Kyungsoo more. But apparently the guy he was courting and trying to win isn't even aware of it. Jongin can't help but feel sad about it.

"...Is that why you confessed to me last Monday?" Kyungsoo asked sheepishly.

"Not really but... Yeah, I guess?" the other replied a little unsurely.

"I-I see..."

Jongin just sighed in a mixture of disbelief and despondency in return.

"Wait..." Kyungsoo suddenly said after realizing something important. "When I asked you to wait a little more, you actually assumed that I mean, like, wait a little more before I say 'yes' to your courting?"

"Yeah. But apparently that little wait you were telling about was about me being your friend again, not about you actually falling for me, too..." Jongin said in a sad and depressed tone, and Kyungsoo suddenly felt really bad about it.

But Jongin was quick to snap out of it though, and quickly lightened up his face again to face the other. "But it's okay! At least now you're aware of it. I can wait longer..." he said while trying his best to act cheerful again.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, just stared at him confusingly at first then just smiled a little in return, knowing deep inside of him that Jongin won't wait that much longer anyway.

Because, at the back of his mind, he can clearly say that the way he said he is close to accepting Jongin again is quite synonymous to saying 'yes' to his courting as well. Although he isn't really expecting to become lovers with Jongin, he has to admit that it doesn't sound that unappealing to him.

Kyungsoo is kinda getting ready for it, and he just needs a little more time.

 

 

 

 

(NOTE: another rushed chapter OTL I hate myself.
Soooo we are really starting to get to the good part omg. Watch out for the next chapters. They're gonna be, like, the turning point of the story and stuff kekeke.

And remember that four-shot BaekYeol I was telling you guys about? When I started writing the first part it ended up being a 10-chaptered fic instead wtf. I am so done with my life.

But I already posted the foreword and here it is: Seoul in Springtime
I'm not sure when I'll be posting the first chapter tho. Probably a week from now after I finish my HunHan fic that I kinda abandoned since last month OTL my life.

But feel free to check it out if you feel like doing so lol. I would really appreciate it if you'll give it love too like how you give love here in Mine as well. XDDDD

Now excuse me as I weep in a dark corner after ending my SuKaiRis fic. wah~

Anyway, speaking of love! Thank you for all the love you guys are giving for this story! I love reading your comments! Keep 'em coming! Ja!)