Chapter 24

Mine

"Hey baby," Jongin beamed as Kyungsoo opens the door of their mansion for him. "Missed me?"

"Uhh... No?" Kyungsoo said teasingly with a smile plastered on his face. "We were just together at school yesterday."

"But I still missed you..." Jongin said while extending his arms to hug the shorter male. "Are you sure you didn't miss me?"

"Hey hey hold on," Kyungsoo said in a little panic as he steps backward to escape from Jongin's hug. "My mom might see us!"

"Then let's go to your room quickly," Jongin demanded like a little kid having tantrums for not having whatever it is that he wants.

Kyungsoo laughed at him with that and shook his head a little. "Nope. Let's eat breakfast first. I just woke up and I'm not eating anything yet."

"Okay, baby," Jongin said in a low whisper. "I should say hi to your mom first too like a good boyfriend, right?"

"Right," Kyungsoo said with a chuckle before letting out a yawn and stretching his arms out.

It was Saturday and Jongin decided to visit him early again to hang out with him like they always do over the past weeks. Ever since they became lovers, Kyungsoo has no problems anymore about Jongin hanging out at their house for the entire day.

Kyungsoo was still wondering about his little meeting with Minseok though, thinking if he really should come there without Jongin or not. The doe eyed boy assumed that whatever Minseok was going to tell him is surely something private and personal, so he figured Minseok wouldn't like it if he meets with him while having Jongin along. Plus he did ask Kyungsoo to keep it a secret to everyone and even to Jongin, so he really doesn't have any choice but to go there without him.

But Kyungsoo wonders if he should tell it to Jongin though. He knows Jongin; no matter how much he tries to lessen his possessiveness, he's still possessive and selfish nevertheless. Kyungsoo's sure his boyfriend wouldn't let him go there alone, or if Jongin would even let him meet with Minseok in the first place.

The shorter boy sighed a little to himself as they walk toward the dining are. Jongin, on the other hand, noticed his sigh and suddenly faced him to ask him a question. "Why? Is something the matter?"

"Oh, nothing," Kyungsoo replied as quickly as he could. "I'm just still a little sleepy, that's all."

"Would you want me to wake you up properly, then?" Jongin teased in a dark tone while leaning close to Kyungsoo's ears. "I can wake you up in just a finger snap, Kyungie..."

"Sh-Shut up!" Kyungsoo exclaimed while fighting off a severe blush from springing up. "You ert!"

"Hey hey hey now, I didn't say anything obscene!" Jongin protested jokingly while chuckling a little. "What makes you think it's something erted, baby?"

That pet name surely is making weird things to Kyungsoo's stomach, so he quickly hit the other's arm a little before snorting loudly. "I hate you."

"Oh I don't think you do..." Jongin whispered to his ears a little. "Coz you love me, Kyungie..."

But a sudden feminine voice beamed at them and they almost panicked in the middle of the mansion's hallway. "Oh! There you boys are!" the voice said and they slowly turned around to face the direction where the voice came from; it was Mrs. Do. "The maids served the breakfast in the garden, Soo! The weather's nice, we should take advantage of it!"

"A-Alright mom, w-we'll be there in a few," Kyungsoo said with a stutter, awkwardly scratching the back of his head in the process.

His mom smiled sweetly at him with that before nodding her head and turning around to go to the garden. Kyungsoo and Jongin both sighed in relief after.

"Wow that was close," Jongin said while controlling a laugh. "I was actually about to kiss you."

"Good thing you didn't do it, Jongin," Kyungsoo replied with a chuckle of his own. They then started making their way to the garden as well to have breakfast with Kyungsoo's parents.

"So what do you wanna do for today? Want me to take you out on a date?" Jongin asked in a low tone. "We can do anything you want, baby."

"I think I just wanna stay home with you," Kyungsoo replied with a little pink tinge painting his cheeks. It's been a while already but he admits he still gets flustered and warm whenever Jongin calls him with cheesy pet names. "I-Is that okay with you?"

"Of course it is!" Jongin beamed at him from his side with a wide grin. "You silly. I'd love to do anything as long as I'm with you."

"Okay..." Kyungsoo replied with a smile, butterflies fluttering wildly inside his stomach. He then suddenly lowered his voice to whisper something to his boyfriend. "I love you, baby..."

Jongin was a little surprised at the way his lover called him with a pet name as well. He then just smiled a little and did his best to resist kissing Kyungsoo on the lips before saying, "Yeah. I love you too."

Kyungsoo chuckled with that and hoped within his heart for those moments to last forever.

 

-----

 

The two boys stayed indoors for the rest of the day, goofing around the entire time and watching late-night movies cuddled together until they both fell asleep. This is what Kyungsoo actually loves doing during his Saturdays with Jongin; rather than going out and doing activities, he'd actually rather stay at home with him and just cuddle for the rest of the day. Kyungsoo can't be more satisfied as he fell asleep in Jongin's arms.

The next day, Jongin left around lunchtime and Kyungsoo was left alone again. He then hurried to his room after waving Jongin a goodbye in their garage.

He grabbed his phone that was settled on his bedside table. He checked for any new messages or missed calls, but there was none. Kyungsoo sighed and started wondering about things again.

Is Minseok really going to talk with me? Why isn't he contacting yet? The doe eyed boy thought in his mind. But what could it really be, anyway?

It's not that Kyungsoo really wanted to meet with Minseok alone. He has no reason to feel excited about being with Minseok alone other than that thing that the guy said he'll disclose to him. And he's still actually hesitant about going for it alone, what with him worrying about Jongin every now and then. But he also can't help but feel curious; he saw how Minseok suddenly grew quiet and somehow disappointed that one time when Baekhyun told their group about his relationship with Chanyeol, and he knows something was amiss with Minseok back then. But what could it be?

Kyungsoo sighed in contemplation before placing his phone above his table again, fighting the intense urge of messaging Minseok and asking about when they will meet so he can finally find out the thing troubling his friend.

 

-----

 

Their practices resumed the next week; Baekhyun and Kyungsoo being as busy as ever with practicing their song and piano piece, and Jongin, Luhan, and Sehun being busier than before as they finalize their dance steps and gimmicks.

The performance was already the Tuesday of next week, and they only have a whole week more of practice before the school director's birthday celebration.

But Kyungsoo was still feeling anxious and curious nonetheless. Minseok wasn't even talking about him yet about their little meeting, and the doe eyed boy was starting to wonder if the guy already forgot his text message to him (because Minseok has the tendency to be really forgetful).

After two days of being in school and in practices after class dismissals, Kyungsoo was really starting to feel paranoid. He decided to just be the one to approach Minseok first to personally ask him what troubles him back then.

But as he was hastily making his way from the music clubroom to the school soccer grounds where Minseok was training s, he suddenly felt his phone vibrating violently inside his pocket. He then stopped on his tracks, quickly grabbed the phone and answered the call. "Minseok?"

"Hey, Soo, so uhh... Do you, uhh... Do you remember that text I sent you last time?"

"Oh. Yeah, I can still remember. Why?"

"I'm just wondering if you're free right now? I know you have vocal practices with Baekhyun but I promise it'll be quick, just excuse yourself to Yixing quickly."

"Uhmm... Okay?"

"Alright. I'll meet you at the entrance of the main building. We can quickly talk at this teahouse near our school. Okay? Bye, Soo!"

"O-Okay, bye," Kyungsoo said before tapping his phone's screen and ending the call.

He then sighed deeply after, closed his eyes, and clenched his chest a little at the sudden nervousness he was feeling. He's gonna skip practice and meet with Minseok alone later to finally discover what it is that's been troubling him, but what if Jongin finds out about it?

Kyungsoo wonders if he should drop by at their school's dance studio to ask for Jongin's permission first, but he suddenly remembered how hardheaded and stubborn Jongin can get; he's sure the guy wouldn't let him go alone without him.

Should I just text him then? Kyungsoo thought in his mind before shaking his head violently. He remembered that whatever Minseok was going to tell him was of highest confidentiality and that he can't let anyone even know that something was up with Minseok. It should be a secret, because if he asked for permission from Jongin, his boyfriend would surely be curious about what Minseok was going to tell him and Minseok wouldn't exactly like that.

Kyungsoo sighed worryingly before walking his way to the stairs, a mixture of curiosity and worry troubling him with each step that he takes.

 

-----

 

"Kyungsoo-yah!" Minseok almost screamed the moment they sat themselves on a two-seater table with teas and some pastries served on it. "I'm confused as hell!"

"Whoa, calm down," the doe eyed boy said in a low manner. "Just calm down Minseok and tell me what's going on."

"You see... Something is troubling me and I'm so confused," Minseok admitted while still looking frantic and disoriented. "I think I like someone!"

"Alright, let me guess who it is..." Kyungsoo said with a little smile, eyes looking a little mischievous and playful as he stares at the panicky Minseok in front of him. "Is it Baekhyun?"

"What?!" Minseok literally yelled at the top of his lungs now, earning him annoyed glares and confused expressions from the other customers of the teahouse. "Are you serious?! Why would you think I'll fall for that bacon?!"

Kyungsoo felt like laughing and crying at the same time for witnessing Minseok's shocked expression and for having his guess wrong. "Well you did look like you were jealous when he was opening his relationship with Chanyeol, you know."

"Well... Perhaps you can say I'm jealous but not because I love him, okay?" Minseok defended in a calmer way than before. "What I'm jealous about is how sure he is about his feelings for Chanyeol. I'm jealous of how truthful he is about his own feelings and uality."

"Then why don't you just be honest too?" Kyungsoo asked with one of his eyebrows raised a little. "I'm sure you'll find no troubles with that, knowing how honest and truthful you've always been."

"I know, and that's the main problem here, Soo. I can't be honest with myself coz I'm confused. I don't know what I'm really feeling so I can't start being honest with myself, you get it?"

"I... think I do? But who is this person you're starting to fall for, anyway?"

"It's... Luhan."

Now it was Kyungsoo's turn to gasp loudly and uncontrollably. "L-Luhan?! You're in love with Luhan?!"

"I told you I'm still not sure!" Minseok replied while scratching the back of his head, feeling a little awkward and shy at Kyungsoo's reaction. "You know I've always been straight, right? So I'm just really starting to get too confused about my feelings. I mean, he's a guy; I've never fallen in love with a guy before! So I'm really confused. I don't know if I really love him romantically or just... brotherly, you know?"

"I think I get where you're coming from," Kyungsoo said with a little nod. "But I thought you said you wouldn't mind being gay for the right person?"

"I did, and I still mean it, but the problem is that I'm not even sure if I really do love him as more than a friend, you know? So I can't orient myself yet..." Minseok said in a serious tone, suddenly changing the bright atmosphere around them into a slightly depressing one. "And I decided to talk about it with you coz I get the feeling you had these kind of troubles too before you and Jongin became lovers, right?"

"Oh, yeah, you can say that," Kyungsoo replied in a comforting manner. "I mean, I did get confused too about my real feelings. But it eventually bloomed and one day I just kinda accepted it, you know? I feel like there's no use stopping it anyway so why even bother?"

"Are you saying that I should consider these feelings for him as romantic kind of love already?"

"No. I'm saying that you shouldn't let your uality get in your way," Kyungsoo cleared his words with a sweet smile. "I mean, if you ever get to realize that you really do love him seriously, don't think of it as platonic or brotherly. Don't deny it, Minseok..."

"I... I think I get what you're saying..." the other replied with a nod. "I guess I should really just start confirming what my feelings for him really are before I give judgment and stuff."

"Right," Kyungsoo said before patting his friend's shoulder a little. He then chuckled a little and said, "Wow, I didn't know it feels this good to help out our 'hyung' in the group."

Minseok laughed with that as well and suddenly returned back to his usually cheery self. "Yeah. Usually I'm always the one giving out advises. Now it's my turn to receive them."

Kyungsoo laughed with that and high fived his friend enthusiastically, feeling glad and comfortable now that he finally discovered what his friend was being worried about.

And feeling glad that he helped him out just like how he gets help from Minseok whenever it was him who was having troubles.



 

 

 

(a/n: cutie fluffly update because hey IT'S XIUMIN DAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR HAMSTER UMIN-HYUNG!!!!
and WOW it was such a coincidence that i finished writing the minseok-focused chapter right on his birthday. i swear i didn't purposely update this today coz it's umin day it was a huge coincidence!
aaanyway okay so we're 2 chapters from the end. aaah i can already feel my tears building up lol.
again, HAPPY XIUMIN DAY TO EVERYONE. may we all eat baozis to celebrate his birthday. SARANGHAJA!!!)