Chapter 19

Mine

"Did you see how lame Kyungsoo was just a while ago?! Seriously, he's such a wimp!"

"I'm only hanging out with him and his two other friends because they're all really rich you know. If not for that, then I won't even get close to Kyungsoo honestly."

"Hey, let's go to Kyungsoo's house and play! He has this toy that I really wanna get and I'll ask him to give it to me!"

"Kyungsoo is so clingy it's so annoying! I just wanna play his toys and not really hang out with him you know!"

"Did you see how Kyungsoo cried when he lost his balance while running and bruised his knees? Ugh he's such a baby. Really it's so annoying."

"Kyungsoo thinks of me as a special friend. Yeah right. He's so gullible and easy to fool."

 

 

 

 

Jongin frantically snapped his eyes open, droplets of sweat forming on his forehead and chest heaving deeply as he breathes intensely like he's catching his own breath.

He calmed himself down to return his palpitating heart back to it's normal beating. He then quickly grabbed his alarm clock to stop the shrilling sound and prompted himself into a sitting position above his bed.

He sighed heavily and literally clenched his chest; his heart still racing so fast due to the unexpected dream he just had. Today is the day he is supposed to disclose everything to their friends, and he supposes that's the reason why he had a dream like that.

And today is when Kyungsoo discovers everything about his possessiveness as well. He clenched his chest harder with that, the very thought of finally opening it up to Kyungsoo makes his heartbeat race even faster than before it's already starting to feel painful inside him.

Because Jongin, Kyungsoo's ex-best friend, didn't mind playing the bad guy if it's all for Kyungsoo's sake.

It's a secret he cannot tell Kyungsoo because he's scared; he fears how Kyungsoo would react once the boy discovers that all of his other friends were fake people just abusing him and his family's status in society.

When they were all kids, they didn't go to an exceptionally wealthy school like Shinjae, so they all had classmates and friends who weren't as rich and famous as they were. Jongin and Joonmyun didn't really mind it though, but not until they accidentally eavesdropped to the conversation going on between Kyungsoo's friends.

They discovered that every single "friend" hanging out with Kyungsoo were all fake people just using and abusing him. The young Joonmyun didn't know what to do after that; he wants to keep Kyungsoo away from all of his other fake friends but he also didn't want the doe eyed boy to know the truth because they know it will break his heart.

But Jongin resorted to his instincts and decided to do what he thought was right; one day he just started claiming Kyungsoo to be his and beat up every single kid (aside Joonmyun) that tries to hang out with Kyungsoo without really telling the truth from his bewildered and confused best friend. Whenever Kyungsoo would ask him with tears in his eyes why he was doing all of it, he'll just smile painfully, cup Kyungsoo's face in his hands, look directly at the other's eyes with equal sadness, and say "Because you only need me, Kyungsoo. You don't need them. Trust me."

That, of course, was such a vague and senseless reason for Kyungsoo because he didn't know the truth. He didn't know that all of his other friends weren't really "friends" at all and were all just being close to him because he's a gullible little rich kid.

Jongin, on the other hand, started becoming really possessive after that. Maybe he somehow got a trauma of his own too; a kind of trauma where he's scared that Kyungsoo might stumble upon a person who'll just abuse and use him again so he used his fists and brute force to push people away from Kyungsoo as much as he can, firmly believing that the boy only needs one real friend instead of having a lot of fake people.

Because he's a hundred percent sure back then that he will never ever betray Kyungsoo and will forever stay true to him no matter what.

But his actions unfortunately showed the opposite in Kyungsoo's eyes; the boy cried almost every night due to his actions and even pushed himself to leave their current school and never show his face to everyone again. It was insanely painful for Jongin back then who only did all of it for Kyungsoo's sake anyway, but he never regretted doing it and held his principles firmly.

Joonmyun and Jongin had a little fight of their own after that; Joonmyun saying that it was extremely wrong for him to scare Kyungsoo like that. But Jongin was extremely stubborn and he just brushed all of Joonmyun's advises away, saying that there is no other way to save Kyungsoo from falling even deeper from his fake friends' deception and lies. In the end, Joonmyun left their old school as well to go look for Kyungsoo and continue his friendship with him.

And Jongin, who only resorted to doing all of it for everyone's sake, ended up being alone and miserable. He's already in his senior year in middle school when he finally met another "true" friend that he can actually trust; Sehun. He was the only boy Jongin trusted enough to open his tragic past to, and even though the both of them have some sort of an unsteady relationship as friends, they still consider each other as true and real friends.

And then they started attending Shinjae too to finally bring Kyungsoo back to his life, and the rest is a whirlwind of happy moments and frustrating happenings as well.

Jongin became possessive all because of Kyungsoo's sake. He became a person who fears that other people might hurt or abuse his Kyungsoo, so he resorted to shutting out all other people in the boy's life. It was all for Kyungsoo's sake.

And he isn't even asking for Kyungsoo to understand him; all he wants is just for the boy to trust him. But he also knows that Kyungsoo can't just trust him like that even without explaining everything properly. He caused the poor boy an intense trauma that can't be easily forgotten, so he resorted to winning him back by changing.

But now that everything is starting to get real messed up again, he finally convinced himself to just tell the truth to Kyungsoo.

So that the two of them can be finally free from their own pasts.

Jongin then quickly unwrapped himself away from his blankets after reminiscing everything that happened when they were little. He quickly stood up to go the bathroom and prepare himself for school.

 

-----

 

Kyungsoo's eyes were still a little reddish and half lidded when he entered their classroom a little later than his usual, slowly walking towards his seat as if the very act of it exhausts him so much. Joonmyun shot him a worried look and greeted him good morning, but the boy just smiled sadly to him and nodded his head a little.

Jongin, on the other hand, can't even bring himself to look at Kyungsoo. He's already feeling too guilty about everything and he knows he won't be able to handle it when he sees Kyungsoo looking gloomy and depressed all because of him again. He then just sighed in despondency.

The first periods were painfully dull and boring for Kyungsoo, and when lunch break came he tried to convince his friends to just let him be alone and that he doesn't want to eat, but Minseok and Joonmyun insisted him and he ended up sitting with everyone again.

But this time, Luhan was sitting quite far from Kyungsoo, looking immensely shy and somehow apologetic. Everyone was actually pretty much looking gloomy and sad, Kyungsoo noticed.

But Joonmyun had enough of it all and finally decided to break the ice. "Jongdae," he suddenly said from his seat, startling everyone and halting them from whatever activities they were doing. "Can we use the school's greenhouse garden later after class? We all have to talk and disclose something to everyone. We need a private place to talk things out."

"S-Sure..." Jongdae said with a little stutter, all tone of giddiness and excitement disappearing in his voice. "We can talk there."

Kyungsoo suddenly shot Joonmyun with a surprised and worried look with that. Apparently no one told him about the disclosure of everything beforehand. Joonmyun just smiled a little at him and nodded encouragingly.

"Uhmm... Should I be there too?" Luhan asked in a shy and embarrassed voice. Kyungsoo felt a little guilty with that.

"Of course," Jongin suddenly said from his seat. "You're part of the group now, right? So you're kinda involved with us now..." he said before flashing the other a forced but sweet smile, trying to at least lighten up the atmosphere in their table even just for a bit.

Luhan was a little confused with that but quickly returned a smile of his own, then said, "O-Okay..."

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, started feeling nervous and scared again about what might happen later. But deep in his mind, he knows he has to open everything to his friends anyway. He's been hiding it from them for so long, and he feels like he's being unfair to all of them because of it.

He sighed in a mixture of anticipation and dread before forcing himself to eat and calm his racing heart a little.

 

-----

 

The remainder of the day went by surprisingly fast for Kyungsoo, making him think that perhaps the more nervous a person is, the slower the wait will be.

The school's greenhouse garden is located far from the main buildings, and literally no students are allowed to just go in there and hang out without the teacher's permission. It's supposed to be some sort of a laboratory for biology class, so students aren't really allowed to go in there.

But having Jongdae as a friend means having the perks of infiltrating it without breaking rules. He can be pretty annoying sometimes, but he's also a nice friend to have along.

They then all settled themselves on the grassy field inside the greenhouse, sitting in a big circle of 9 people. Kyungsoo positioned himself between Joonmyun and Minseok, while Jongin sat exactly opposite to him with Jongdae and Sehun on his sides.

Kyungsoo's heartbeat just intensifies by each second that passes, feeling startled and bewildered about everything that is about to happen. He wonders if he should be the one to speak first, or should he let Joonmyun talk first, or should he just remain silent and let the two boys explain everything--Kyungsoo's mind is currently a mess and he really can't think straight.

Luckily for him though, Jongin saved him from his dilemmas and started talking his thoughts out. "So, guys..."

Everyone remained silent, eyes fixed on Jongin who was inhaling and exhaling heavily on his spot. Kyungsoo feels like his heart is about to explode.

"We're all here because we have a lot of things to explain..." Jongin continued. "We have a lot of things to disclose. And Kyungsoo..." he said while looking straight at Kyungsoo's eyes. "...I personally have to disclose something to you as well."

Kyungsoo's eyes almost widened with that, but he controlled himself. Everyone looked at each other confusingly with that, even Luhan who can't seem to cope with everything going on.

"Okay..." Jongin said before sighing deeply. "Kyungsoo, Joonmyun, and I were friends ever since we were little."

Their friends all shot Jongin wide eyed stares, then looked at Kyungsoo and Joonmyun with equally shocked expressions.

Jongin continued on. "We decided to keep it a secret from all of you because that's what Kyungsoo seems to want. I mean, after everything that happened."

Everyone then settled their eyes back on Jongin, this time with intense anticipation burning in their eyes.

Jongin's heartbeat raced a little more with that. "Something... happened, when we were little. And it's the cause behind Kyungsoo's seemingly timid personality. You see, I am kinda possessive..." he started to open up. "Kyungsoo and I were best friends back then, and we are both friends with Joonmyun. One day, I just suddenly decided and proclaimed that Kyungsoo is mine and that no one else should come near him again. I beat up and threatened every single kid that comes close to Kyungsoo, and of course Kyungsoo wasn't glad about that and felt really upset."

Kyungsoo looked down on his lap after that, trying his best to control his tears from falling down. Joonmyun settled his hand on Kyungsoo's knees and squeezed on it a little to comfort the boy.

"He left our old school back then and never showed his face to me again. Joonmyun followed him and I ended up alone." the bronze skinned guy continued, trying his best to sound as calmly as he could. "But Kyungsoo never knew the exact reason why I did it; the real reason why I acted like that..."

With that, Kyungsoo brought up his face to look at the other with furrowed eyebrows.

Jongin smiled a little painfully, then continued. "Kyungsoo had this sort of trauma that he gets really scared about trusting people so much, because I kinda betrayed him when we were little. But when I suddenly appeared in front of him and decided to hang out with everyone, he slowly opened his heart to me..." he said then trailed off as if looking for proper words to say. "I mean, he slowly accepted me little by little. I proved to him that I can change, that I can be a good friend to him again. I'm on a pretty good progress of being forgiven already until Monday came along with Luhan..."

The Chinese boy then shot him a terrified look, pointing a finger on his own face while looking utterly confused and bewildered. "Me?!"

Jongin chuckled a little. "Yeah. You see, Luhan here looks so much like a friend of ours when we were little. And Kyungsoo felt worried about it all, thinking that our old friend suddenly appeared again to take revenge on me or him, coz I kinda ruined his life when we were little..."

Everyone almost dropped their jaws in shock with all of the revelations coming from Jongin, successfully understanding why Kyungsoo acted like that yesterday when Luhan tried to communicate with him.

And Kyungsoo, on the other hand, can't bring himself to wait anymore. All those times, he thought Jongin was just insanely possessive and jealous; he thought that's the only reason behind his actions before. And now that he's getting really close to knowing the exact reasons behind his trauma and fears and everything, he literally can't wait anymore as he fidgets on his spot.

Fortunately for him though, Jongin suddenly stared right at him before smiling painfully and  finally explaining everything. "Kyungsoo... I'm sorry for keeping it from you... But I pushed all of those people away from you because they're all fake to you. They'll just hurt you. You don't deserve them..."

Kyungsoo felt a little vague after that and just stared at the other confusingly.

"I don't know if you'll believe me or not, but we overheard them talking once behind your back before. Joonmyun knows it too..." he said as comfortingly as he can. Joonmyun suddenly looked down on his lap with that. "We overheard them saying things behind your back; insulting you, abusing you, using you because you're friendly and you're wealthy..."

Kyungsoo felt his eyes tearing, but he controlled himself and decided to listen more to what Jongin has to say.

The bronze skinned guy continued. "They were all fake to you. They're all just using you. And we want to take you away from them coz eventually we know you will discover it and feel depressed. But we also don't what to tell it to you and make you miserable. We know you too much Kyungsoo; you'd probably blame yourself when you discover that they were all just using you and--"

"So did you think that didn't made me miserable?" Kyungsoo suddenly said with a little whimper, tears uncontrollably overflowing from his eyes now. "You hid the truth from me. Did you think that would make me less miserable?!"

Jongin pursed his lips in guilt and Joonmyun can't even bring his face to look up now. Everyone remained silent with that, as if waiting for the next commotion to take place.

Jongin finally got a hold of himself and continued to talk. "I-I'm sorry... We just didn't really know what to do Kyungsoo... We got so scared; we don't want to hurt you by knowing it. But I know I just hurt you more by keeping it and pushing all those people away from you without explaining everything properly... I'm so sorry..."

Kyungsoo tried to shake his head a little but his tears won't stop coming that he just sobbed hard instead. Minseok patted his back with teary eyes as well.

"Kyungsoo..." Jongin sadly called out to the weeping boy in front of him. "I'm sorry... But I'd rather prefer you hating me than you getting hurt..."

The doe eyed boy seemed to recover a little after that though, and quickly wiped his eyes to look at Jongin bravely. "Why? Why would you want me to hate you instead of just knowing the truth?"

"Because you're too precious, Kyungsoo..." the other replied instantly as if on instinct. "I didn't mind playing the bad guy if it means I can save you from them..."

With that, Kyungsoo suddenly stood up, hastily walked across their little circle, and threw his arms around the motionless Jongin while deeply pushing his lips against the other's.

Their entire group of friends literally gaped at the sudden sight and clasped their hands over their mouth, utterly shocked at the sudden intimate and aggressive action coming from Kyungsoo.

And to say that Jongin was shocked would be the biggest understatement of the century; he was dumbfounded. He just sat there on his spot motionless, feeling Kyungsoo's arms wrapped around him, body pushed against him, and soft lips settled against his in a sweetly dizzying way.

Kyungsoo then pulled out of the kiss and hugged the boy tighter, burying his face on the other's neck in the process. "I hate you..  Do you know that?! I hate you so much..."

"I'm sorry..." was the only reply Jongin managed to say, still feeling shocked and dumb at the sudden turn of events.

"I hate you so much for giving me such a deep trauma like that, but I hate you more for making me hate you when all you ever did was try to save me..." Kyungsoo said in between sobs, arms still wrapping tightly and protectively around Jongin's lean frame. "You should've just told me, Jongin... You should've just told me... And I shouldn't have hated you..."

"I know... I'm really sorry... It was really dumb of me to do... I'm so sorry..." Jongin said while furiously wiping the forming tears from his eyes away.

Their entire group were literally sobbing and crying hard at the sight though; even Luhan who just apparently became friends with them 5 days ago can't stop himself from sobbing at the heart warming sight in front of him.

"I hate you, Jongin..." Kyungsoo repeated in a muffled voice. "I hate you for making me love you..."

Jongin unintentionally pushed Kyungsoo away a little with that as he faces the other straight in the eyes. He then asked the other in a rather panicked voice. "Do you seriously mean that?!"

Kyungsoo nodded then chuckled a little, quickly wiping tears away to smile a little to the other. "Well I wouldn't kiss you if I don't..." he sheepishly admitted while blushing deeply.

Jongin didn't also mean to scream a loud "Yes!" from the top of his lungs before closing the distance between him and Kyungsoo by pushing his lips against the other, suddenly startling the shorter boy as he almost lost balance at the sudden action.

Everyone started laughing heartily with that though, even Joonmyun who was silently wiping tears away from his eyes.

Sehun noticed it of course, and quickly stood up from his spot to sit beside Joonmyun instead. "Are you okay?" he asked the other in his usual flat voice, not even bothering on putting up the cheerful and giddy acting around the other.

"I guess?" Joonmyun said as he laughs a little bitterly to himself. He then faced Sehun and smiled to him. "But I think I can be more okay if you'll just stop your giddy acting around me and just be your normal self. Seriously, I had enough of your silly and annoying acting."

Sehun laughed at that and settled his arm around Joonmyun. "Okay, if that's what you want..." he said in his usual flat and bored tone. Joonmyun smiled genuinely with that.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, suddenly realized the situation they were in and pushed Jongin away. He still haven't opened up his real ual orientation to his friends and now here he is kissing Jongin in the front of all of his friends. Kyungsoo isn't really good with hiding things to be honest.

But his friends didn't mind it though. They all just flashed him warm smiles and light chuckles, feeling glad that they get to know everything now (about their past and Kyungsoo's real ual orientation, apparently).

Jongin pursed his lips at the abrupt way the kiss ended though, and faced Kyungsoo with his puppy dog eyes. "So Kyungie... Does this mean that...?"

"Mean what?" Kyungsoo playfully asked while still wrapping his arms around Jongin.

"Mean that..." Jongin started. "...that you are now officially mine?"

Kyungsoo chuckled heartily with that and nodded his head. "Yeah. Yours. But hey, I still hate you for playing the hero here and keeping everything from me. I still hate you."

Jongin smiled giddily with that, seemingly unable to keep his excitement at bay. He then smirked a little playfully again and decided to tease the other a little. "Then lemme make up for it..." then pouted his lips as if implying for a kiss.

Kyungsoo laughed with that and pushed his palm against the other's lips instead. "And I hate you when you tease me like that you know..."

Jongin just laughed and hugged Kyungsoo's small body in return, feeling warm and glad and fuzzy all at the same time.

Jongin then settled his face near the other's cheeks and whispered something to his ears. "...Mine."

Kyungsoo smiled with that and hugged the other tighter (if that's even possible) before whispering something as well. "Yeah..."

And Kyungsoo smiled genuinely with that, feeling glad that he's now officially over his trauma.

And over his own fears of loving Jongin.

 

 


 

(NOTE: OKAY I DIDN'T LIKE HOW THIS TURNED OUT BUT I STILL HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT I KNOW IT'S TY AND MESSY I AM SORRY

so yeeeeaaaaah kaisoo now official. now lemme disclose something to you guys as well:

I originally planned to end this story here, when the two boys finally get to be together and their problems solved. BUT since I love this story so much I figured maybe I can still prolong this and maybe throw in a number of 20 more chapters or something packed with more fluff and drama (and I mean INTENSE DRAMA LIKE THOSE DRAMAS YOU SEE ON TV HELL YEAH) and whatnot.

And i wanna kno everyone's opinion about it. Do you guys want me to continue this more? Or actually end it on the next chapter? Comment your answers guys! I love you all!)