Chapter 22

Mine

"What?! Are you freaking serious?!" Jongin shouted at the top of his lungs, eyes almost as wide as Kyungsoo's after hearing the sudden revelation coming from Jongdae.

"I'm serious!" the troll replied in a high pitched voice, intended to annoy the bronze skinned guy in front of him. "Like, dead serious, Jonginnie."

It's Monday and the group were sitting themselves on their usual table in the cafeteria that lunchtime at school, everyone busy digging and diving on the cafeteria food served in front of them. Jongin and Kyungsoo were sitting extremely close to each other, knees and arms brushing at the close distance between them. Jongin was in the middle of telling a funny story to his boyfriend when Jongdae suddenly said something that made his ears go red in a mixture of panic and annoyance.

The nagging obviously proved effective, Jongdae thought as the other flashed him an annoyed look before rolling his eyes in annoyance.

Kyungsoo just laughed and faced his boyfriend beside him. "What's so bad about that anyway, Jongin? Aren't you always confident and cool in whatever you plan or do?" he said in a teasing manner while nudging an elbow to the other.

"I am. No doubt about that." Jongin quickly defended himself as if trying to impress the shorter boy. "But performing and dancing for the school's mini festival-slash-Jongdae's dad's birthday celebration isn't a part of that, or of any plans at all!"

"C'mon, Kkamjong!" Sehun suddenly hissed in a mischievous manner. "You're not gonna perform alone and solo anyway!"

Kyungsoo didn't exactly like other people calling Jongin with nicknames, but since it was Sehun who became his boyfriend's best friend for the past years, he convinced himself to refrain from feeling any animosity or jealousy.

Jongdae laughed at that and high fived the straight faced brat. "Right! The three new transferees were the ones who're going to perform anyway. I thought it's a fun idea to do and and my dad agreed so stop sulking and toughen up!"

"I'm not chickening out if that's what you people are thinking, for heaven's sake." Jongin hissed before letting out yet another sigh. "And besides Luhan isn't even that familiar with the whole school yet and you're already throwing him on a stage to perform in front of everyone he hardly knows who?"

"Actually, I don't really mind at all, Jongin-ssi." Luhan said in his usual accent with a sweet smile. "I think I dance decently anyway so it's no big deal for me."

Jongin shot him a despondent and betrayed look before snorting in defeat. "...Ugh you guys." he said in a hopeless manner. "Fine. I'll do it."

A loud chorus of 'hurray!' beamed from their table and everyone around them turned around to take a look, but the group paid it no attention (they're too used to be affected by it) and continued to talk loudly.

"The three of you should totally plan out what dance you're gonna do already!"

"Remember, that's just 2 weeks from now so prepare as much as you guys can!"

"Pick me as your dancing coach! Or your dance step maker, whatever you call that!"

"It's called choreographer, Chanyeol. God you're so dumb."

"Wow Luhan you actually dance?! I dance too! It's one of my other talents aside soccer! Come, let's talk some more!"

"We should do that one dance we always do during our dance lessons."

The group all blurted everything out at the same time, confusing Jongin who only stared at them with blank eyes.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, can't contain his happiness at the sudden turn of events. He knows Jongin was into dancing ever since they were little, he can still clearly remember seeing the young Jongin practicing his ballet and jazz lessons for his dance recitals as a kid. But now that they've grown up (and that Jongin grew up to be a fine and dashing young man, Kyungsoo thought), he has to admit that he's more than excited to see his boyfriend perform on stage.

He fidgeted a little at the thought of a dancing Jongin before the other nudged his arms with an elbow. "Hey. What're you grinning for?"

Kyungsoo snapped from his trance and shook his head. "Nothing. I'm just excited to see you dance."

"Wow. Thanks. Now that's just a lot of pressure on my part." Jongin teased. "Will you cheer for me though?"

"Of course." Kyungsoo replied with a smile. He almost leaned closer to peck a small kiss on the other's lips before remembering that they're at school and intimate acts are no-no for the time being.

Baekhyun suddenly called out to their direction though and said something. "And of course, Kyungsoo and I are going to be chosen as the music club's representative to perform too! Right, Soo?"

And Kyungsoo suddenly remembered how he messed up on their duo performance (though he was just the one thinking and believing that he messed up) and almost sulked in despair and guilt. He instead smiled giddily and beamed to Baekhyun as well. "S-Sure, of course..."

Baekhyun flashed him a smile and Jongin suddenly joined in on their conversation. "Hey, I said no nicknames, remember?" he said playfully to Baekhyun's direction.

The shorter boy decided to play along and teased Jongin more. "Oh, right..." he said before pulling his lips into a smirk and facing Kyungsoo. "Cutie baby Soo."

"Why you little!" Jongin blurted out before chuckling in his own silly way, and Kyungsoo let out a chuckle of his own as well.

 

-----

 

After lunch break was over and they all headed back to their classrooms, Kyungsoo was surprised to feel something vibrating inside of his pockets again. After realizing that it must be his phone again, he quickly grabbed the device from his pocket and checked on it.

They're in the middle of class again and the doe eyed boy has to hide his phone under his desk. He tapped on the screen and a message from Baekhyun flashed at him: "Hey Soo! So Chanyeol and I bumped into Yixing on the corridor on our way to our class after lunch break and he said he has to talk to the two of us later after classes are dismissed. Are u thinking what I'm thinking?! ^_^"

Kyungsoo smiled a little after reading the giddy message, thinking of the kind of smile that must be plastered on Baekhyun's excited face while typing that text message. The doe eyed boy then quickly glanced at their classroom's front to check if their teacher isn't paying attention to him before hastily typing a reply: "I think I do. Kekeke. :)))"

"Hey." a voice suddenly whispered (hissed) behind him. It was Jongin. "Who're you texting in the middle of class, huh?"

"It's just Baekhyun." Kyungsoo whispered as lowly and quietly as he could. "He said Yixing want to talk to us after class and Baekhyun thinks it has something to do with the music club's performance for Jongdae's dad's freaking birthday."

"Are you sure?" Jongin asked in a quiet manner, doing his best to lean as close to Kyungsoo as he could.

The shorter boy controlled a chuckle from coming out, and nodded his head a little. "Of course."

"Okay." Jongin replied with a smile. He then prompted himself back to his seat to start listening to their teacher (because all he ever did since that morning was stare at Kyungsoo's back lovingly).

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, suddenly felt a little nervous at the thought of being chosen to perform. He was always sure that they wouldn't be chosen at all, believing that he really messed up their song and stuff during that one club meet. But what if they did end up being chosen? He has no troubles with performing and singing on stage, that was basically the reason why he entered music club in the first place. But what he wasn't so sure of was the thought of performing in duet, when only him and Baekhyun would stand in front of the entire school to sing the song they composed themselves. Baekhyun wouldn't have troubles about it since he's quite used on having the attention to him (plus he really do have the talent to boast anyway), but what about shy Kyungsoo who didn't even believe that he sings excellently?

A shiver suddenly ran down his spine when he thought of the entire school looking straight at him while singing.

Kyungsoo may be over his childhood trauma, but he is still the same timid and weak Kyungsoo nonetheless.

 

-----

 

"Yixing's waiting for us at our clubroom." Kyungsoo said while walking side by side with Jongin. "Wait for us, okay?"

"No, I'll go with you." Jongin said after the two of them got themselves out of the classroom. "I mean, I wanna accompany you. If you don't mind?"

Classes just ended and the nervousness Kyungsoo was feeling didn't subside. In fact, it even got stronger. "Of course I don't mind. Silly."

"Okay..." Jongin said while smiling a little. "Let's go grab something to eat after your meeting, by the way. I wanna treat you to this bubbletea shop nearby. Sehun said they have delicious deserts too so I figured you would love to visit it one time?"

"Sure! I'd love too." Kyungsoo replied with a smile.

"Sounds like a date, yeah?" Jongin whispered discreetly to the shorter boy's ears.

Kyungsoo nodded with that and flashed his heart shaped smile to the other. Jongin did his best to resist kissing his adorable boyfriend in the middle of the corridor.

But their little intimate moment was quickly cut off by Baekhyun who came rushing to their direction from the other side of the corridor. "Soo! Let's go!"

"Okay!" Kyungsoo replied, trying his best to hide the nervousness as much as he could.

The three of them started leaving the corridor after that to head to their clubroom which was located a little far from their classrooms. When they were nearing the room while going up the stairs, Jongin suddenly whispered something to Kyungsoo's ears. "I can see your feeling nervous, baby."

The doe eyed boy's initial reaction was to deny, but he quickly gave in anyway and nodded his head. "Yeah..."

But Baekhyun somehow eavesdropped to their little whispers and suddenly joined the conversation. "Aww don't be too scared, Kyungsoo! I'm sure we'll be chosen! Yixing won't call us here for no apparent reason, right?"

Kyungsoo wanted to protest and say that it was the opposite that was actually making him feel nervous, but he instead swallowed hard and nodded. "Sure. Thanks."

Baekhyun chuckled and hurried himself up the stairs after that. Jongin just flashed his boyfriend a sweet smile.

When they all reached the music club's room, Jongin said he'll wait outside before letting Kyungsoo and Baekhyun enter the place to speak with their club president.

And after half an hour or so, the two boys got themselves out of the room with Baekhyun looking like he just won in a lottery while Kyungsoo looked like he was straining his lips by forcing it to smile.

"So? What happened?" Jongin asked to the two.

"We were chosen to perform!" Baekhyun beamed happily. Kyungsoo almost winced at the sight. "I knew we will be chosen!"

"Well, I sure hope I can be as happy as you when I found out I'm gonna perform too. But congratulations anyway." Jongin said.

"Yeah, thanks!" Baekhyun exclaimed in such a joyful manner. "Now excuse me. I have to hurry to Chanyeol and tell him the news! You two can go have a date now or something! Bye!" the excited boy blurted out before storming out of the corridor.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh before facing his boyfriend. "I'm scared, Jongin..."

The taller guy smiled sweetly with that. He then looked around to check if anyone was out in the corridors and after deeming it safe to cuddle (the students already left while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were talking with Yixing), he slowly wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's body. "It's okay, baby. I know you sing so nicely and you don't have to be scared about it."

"But it's only gonna be me and Baekhyun." Kyungsoo replied, now hugging Jongin as well. "Besides, Baekhyun's gonna sit during the entire performance because he's gonna play the piano, and I'll be the one standing in the front alone! I don't think I can do that."

"Of course you can! You can do it, Kyungsoo! Have some faith in yourself, baby!"

"I don't know..."

"Look, let's just go to that bubbletea place I was telling you about while I convince and encourage you for your performance, yeah?" Jongin asked, arms still tightly wrapped around his boyfriend.

Kyungsoo honestly wanted to cuddle and hug his boyfriend more, but embarrassment took a hold of him and he disentangled himself from Jongin's hug. "Okay. Let's go grab something to eat."

Jongin flashed him a boyish, charming smile before nodding his head in agreement. "Alright, baby."





 

(NOTE: phew i finally updated this story. Omg it took me more than a week to update i am so sorry.
So filler chapter is filler lol. The next chappies will be pretty much fillers as well before we get to serious stuffs again lol.
And don't worry, there's still serious stuffs coming up even though everything seems fine and fluffy between kaisoo already. Of course we have to spice things up every now and then, right? Kekeke.
Comment your thoughts guys! xoxo!)