The Camping Trip

Heart of Ice

It is now the next school day and the students along with the teacher were standing outside waiting for the activity bus to arrive on campus so that they could leave for the campsite.

 

“Alright class, who’s excited for our camping trip today?!” Mr. Lee asked enthusiastically – perhaps too enthusiastically considering it was merely 6 o’clock in the morning.

 

The students groaned in unison but one person clasped her hands together in excitement… that person was Jen.

 

“Ah, I see we have one person that’s as excited as I am!” Mr. Lee exclaimed.

 

“Well some of us don’t like to be outdoors like cavemen,” Jessica scoffed. Her and Sunny had been glaring at Jen ever since they arrived outside. They couldn’t stand to see how their plan failed to get Jen to leave the school – in fact; Jen didn’t appear to be affected at all by their plan.

 

“You’ve always seemed like a caveman to me,” Kai taunted with a smirk then high-fived Luhan.

 

Jessica laughed awkwardly and nudged Sunny to get her laugh along with her. “Ha, you’re so funny oppa! You’re always joking around.”

 

“Yeah… joking,” Kai said sarcastically and rolled his eyes.

 

“Alright alright that’s enough squabbling, lovebirds,” Mr. Lee said.

 

“Lovebirds?!” Kai yelled, looking at Mr. Lee in complete shock, “we are not-.”

 

“Aw that’s so cute!” Jessica interrupted, “lovebirds is a cute nickname for us!”

 

“The cutest!” Sunny added and the two girls giggled.

 

“YAH!” Kai shouted and was about to go over to Jessica and Sunny when both Kyungsoo and Luhan stopped him.

 

“Let it go Jongin,” Kyungsoo consoled.

 

Luhan nodded. “Yeah you know how they are… they aren’t worth it.”

 

Kai stood glaring at the giggling girls for a few more moments before speaking again. “Aish! Fine… fine.”

 

“Ah, there’s our bus! Does everyone have all their stuff?” Mr. Lee asked the class and everyone nodded their head ‘yes’.

 

The bus pulled up in front of the school and the doors opened. “Now everyone you’ll be sitting beside your partner so split up!” Mr. Lee announced.

 

Jen gulped slightly and looked over at Kai but he didn’t return the look, he was staring off into the distance still looking angry. ‘Should I just… go over there?’ she thought hesitantly. No one ever just “walked over” to the three of them without being asked to.

 

Jen was so far into her thoughts that she didn’t notice someone walk up in front of her. “Yah Tarzan, how long are you just going to stare blankly like that?” Kai asked monotonously.

 

“Wh… where’d you come from?” Jen asked in shock.

 

“Over there,” Kai said looking perplexed while pointing where he was standing moments ago, “you were staring at me so I came over here.”

 

“I wasn’t staring!” Jen exclaimed and everyone fell silent and turned to look at her.

 

Jen looked around nervously then grabbed Kai’s arm and dragged him about two feet away. “I wasn’t staring at you!” she whispered harshly and let go of his arm.

 

“Sure you weren’t,” Kai said and smirked cockily at her, making Jen’s entire face turn red from blushing and anger.

 

“Really I-I wasn’t!” Jen exclaimed, her face turning redder.

 

Kai snickered, clearly enjoying seeing Jen’s face turning so red. “Yah, calm down Tarzan. I’m just messing with you.”

 

“Well it isn’t funny,” Jen pouted and folded her arms across her chest, “let’s just get on the bus okay?” She then began walking over to the bus with a still smirking Kai walking behind her.

 

They climbed on the bus and Jen took a seat on the inside but Kai shook his head. “I want the inside seat,” he said.

 

“Does it matter?” Jen asked in annoyance.

 

“I’ve been so nice to you and I can’t even get the inside seat?” Kai retorted with his own question.

 

“Ugh, fine!” Jen exclaimed impatiently and moved out of the seat so that Kai could sit on the inside.

 

“Smart girl,” Kai said and got comfortable in the inside seat.

 

Jen rolled her eyes and sat down in the aisle seat. “Whatever,” she mumbled while watching the other students get on the bus.

 

---

 

Jessica and Luhan:

 

“Stop pushing me!” Luhan shouted while getting pushed to the bus by Jessica.

 

“Palli! We have to get a seat close to Kai!” Jessica yelled and pushed him harder.

 

“Aish!” Luhan hissed and turned to face Jessica, “look, I don’t want to be partners with you just as much as you don’t want to be partners with me but we’re stuck together for one day okay? So let’s just get along.”

 

Jessica pouted childishly and put her hands on her hips. “Fine… but after we get a seat close to Kai!” She pushed past Luhan and climbed on the bus.

 

“Ahh jinjja…” Luhan muttered and clicked his tongue before reluctantly following after Jessica onto the bus moments later.

 

Jessica saw Jen sitting next to Kai and her hands formed into fists subconsciously. ‘How dare she sit next to my Kai!’ she thought enraged. Jessica began walking down the aisle while staring heatedly at Jen while Jen looked back at her with a confused expression on her face. When Jessica finally walked beside Jen, she bumped her roughly with her luggage.

 

“Ouch!” Jen yelped and rubbed her aching arm.

 

“Opps sorry! Are you okay?” Jessica asked with fake concern.

 

“You did that on purpose,” Kai said matter-of-factly, opening his eyes slowly.

 

“No I-,” Jessica began.

 

“Leave and don’t dare think of sitting anywhere near me,” Kai spat, interrupting her and went back to resting his eyes.

 

“But Oppa!” Jessica whined and stomped her foot.

 

Kai’s eyes snapped back open and he glared at her. “Go before I lose my patience with you. You’ve pissed me off enough for one day,” he hissed.

 

Jessica folded her arms across her chest. “Hmph!” She shot the dirtiest look she could muster at Jen before taking a seat at the back of the bus.

 

Luhan witnessed the whole scene and chuckled to himself. When he walked past Jen, he sneakily showed her a ‘thumbs up’ and went to sit beside Jessica who was quickly wiping away her tears so no one would see that she was crying.

 

Luhan sighed heavily and offered her his sunglasses. “Here, put these on.” He could tell how embarrassed she was and no matter how much he couldn’t stand her, he hated to see girls cry.

 

Jessica looked at him and then to the sunglasses. “T-Thanks.” She took the sunglasses and put them on.

 

“It’s nothing,” Luhan said before getting comfortable in his seat. ‘It’s going to be a long day…’ he thought.

 

---

 

Sunny and Kyungsoo:

 

“So…” Sunny said while rocking on her heels awkwardly.

 

Kyungsoo looked at her with his usual look of confusion. “Hmm?”

 

“We should probably get on the bus now,” Sunny said, “we’re the only ones left out here.”

 

“Oh… right,” Kyungsoo said and gulped awkwardly. He didn’t know how he was going to try and get closer to Sunny – he could barely even talk to her. In fact, he had trouble talking to everyone… even Luhan and Kai.

 

“Come on then, silly,” Sunny said brightly and grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand and began dragging him over to the bus.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and he desperately tried to suppress himself from blushing – but it wasn’t working. His cheeks began turning a slight rosy pink color and he snatched his hand out of Sunny’s grasp. “I… I’ll go first,” he said quickly and walked around Sunny, making sure to keep his face hidden.

 

Sunny watched him in confusion. “Okay then…”

 

‘That was close,’ Kyungsoo thought and took a deep breath. He climbed on the bus and sat in the last available seat. He scooted as close as he possibly could towards the window and tried to calm his quick, nervous heartbeat.

 

Sunny was the last to walk on the bus and her eyes were immediately drawn to Luhan. She sighed heavily while wishing that she were as lucky as Jessica to be able to sit next to Luhan. Shaking her head to snap herself out of her own thoughts, she looked for Kyungsoo and sat beside him.

 

“You okay?” she asked Kyungsoo, noticing how uncomfortable he seemed to be.

 

He glanced at her before quickly glancing back out the window. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

“Oh… Okay, that’s good,” she said sounding disappointed. She hated how awkward things were between her and Kyungsoo these days. She still wanted to be friends with him but he didn’t seem to want the same.

 

---

 

“Okay is everyone ready?!” Mr. Lee shouted excitedly.

 

“Yes…” the students mumbled pathetically.

 

“Ah, come on… I can’t hear you!” Mr. Lee coaxed and gestured with his hands for everyone to raise their voices.

 

“Yes,” the students said a little louder, this time irritation was evident in their voices.

 

Mr. Lee frowned. “It’ll be fun, I promise.” He then tapped the bus driver on the shoulder and the bus driver began driving.

 

“Here we go!” Mr. Lee said excitedly and sat down in his seat.

 

And off to the campsite they went….

 

 

 


 

The next three chapters are going to take you through each couple's camping experience okay? :3

*^__^*