You what?!

Heart of Ice

“I think I’m falling for you…”

 

Jen’s heart caught in her chest and she slowly looked up at him, only to see him slightly edging closer and closer to her face. His soft brown eyes slowly began to close and his pouty pink lips, puckered ever so slightly, were ready to meet hers… to feel hers against his but…

 

Ding!

 

The elevator doors opened and in stormed a mob of reporters. They immediately began snapping pictures and videotaping the flustered pair. The two instantly separated from one another as they shielded their eyes from the bright camera flashes.

 

Kai stepped in front of Jen protectively. “Go in your apartment,” he whispered to her over his shoulder.

 

“But what about you? I-,” Jen began.

 

“Don’t worry about me… I’d rather they tear me apart than harm you in any way,” Kai whispered back protectively.

 

“Kai, who is the girl you’re with?” one reporter asked.

 

“Are you cheating on Jessica?” another asked and then reporters began closing in on the pair.

 

“But-,” Jen began again.

 

“Go!” Kai growled and Jen backed away from him in shock of his stern tone but shook it off knowing he was only trying to defend her.

 

‘I’m sorry… I’m sorry I can’t protect you like you protect me,’ Jen thought as she watched the scene unfolding before her eyes and quickly scurried in her apartment like Kai directed her to do.

 

“Kai, can you give us a statement?” a reporter yelled over the chaos in the cramped apartment building hallway.

 

“You want a statement… okay, I’ll give you a statement,” Kai began with a slight sadistic smirk on his face, “Jessica and I never dated to begin with… it was all a lie.” He then walked up to reporter and stared down at him with the most severe look he could muster. “And be sure to quote this to my so-called ‘mother’: The puppet is finally off his strings.”

 

---

 

~Back in California~

 

Luhan’s P.O.V:

 

Luhan was taking a walk along the boardwalk. It was late at night but this was always his favorite time to come out here and just… think. Think about everything that was happening but more importantly… thinking about the things that weren’t happening.

 

The things that weren’t happening with Jen…

 

Was he always supposed to be the “friend” watching others be happy while drowning in his own miserable Hell?

 

He sighed and kicked a rock off the boardwalk and into the water below and the more he walked… he began hearing a strange noise – like a whimpering perhaps?

 

The whimpering sound began more clear the closer he drew and he noticed it wasn’t whimpering… but crying.

 

He saw a small figure sitting on the edge of the boardwalk, their legs dangling just above the water. It was a bright full moon tonight, so eventually as he drew closer, he could see that it was a woman – this woman being…

 

“Sunny?” Luhan whispered as he drew closer to her.

 

The girl flinched and quickly looked over her shoulder before turning away from him, looking back out to sea. “What are you doing here? Kyungsoo… he didn’t send you… did he?”

 

“No… I always come out here,” Luhan answered and took a seat beside her, “What are you doing here?”

 

“It doesn’t matter…” Sunny sighed before sniffling and wiped away a few stray tears before drawing a shaky breath and traced broken hearts with her delicate fingers on her thighs.

 

“It has something to do with Kyungsoo, doesn’t it?” Luhan asked abruptly and watched the small, heartbroken girl for a few moments before looking away.

 

“H-How-,” Sunny began.

 

“You mentioned him earlier… you gave away your secret yourself,” Luhan cut her off mid-sentence and a small smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth, “Pabo…”

 

“M-Mwo?” Sunny questioned, shocked that he just called her a pabo when she was obviously upset.

 

“I said, pabo,” Luhan repeated and looked up at the sky, silently admiring the twinkling stars above, “Don’t you understand what you did?”

 

“What… I did?” Sunny repeated and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. ‘Why is he talking in riddles?’ she thought.

 

“You don’t think I know what happened?” Luhan asked, keeping the same calm demeanor.

 

“You… n-no, you…” Sunny stumbled to find the right words to say. ‘How can he know?!’ she thought in shock.

 

“I overheard everything – the confession, the rejection… everything,” Luhan stated and glanced at her from the corner of his eyes before stretching to make himself more comfortable, “You took too long to realize your feelings for him, pabo.”

 

“Well I know that now, Captain Obvious,” Sunny huffed and folded her arms across her chest, letting a few angry tears fall… she wanted to direct her anger at Luhan but in the end, it was no one’s fault but her own.

 

Luhan chuckled at her insult and shook his head. “So what are you going to do about it?”

 

“Do about it?” Sunny repeated quietly, almost inaudibly, and hung her head, “You heard him… he doesn’t love me anymore.”

 

“If you actually believe that then you really must be a pabo,” Luhan said and leaned back, letting his elbows prop him up.

 

“Yah!” Sunny yelled and narrowed her eyes at him, “Are you just going to keep insulting me the entire time?”

 

“Ani,” Luhan replied simply with a slight shrug, “I’m just here to help.”

 

“Well calling me a pabo isn’t exactly ‘helping’ me now is it?” Sunny mumbled, pouting like an angered child.

 

Luhan chuckled again and sat up to ruffle her hair. “So what are you going to do?” he repeated, “and I expect a non-pathetic answer this time.”

 

“Nothing! I’m not going to do anything,” Sunny burst out and covered her face with her hands, “I deserve this…”

 

‘Aish… now what is this girl talking about?’ Luhan thought. “Deserve what?” he asked.

 

“This punishment… I… I haven’t been the best person,” Sunny quietly admitted and brushed away her tears.

 

“Well no one has-,” Luhan began.

 

“No…! No, you don’t understand,” Sunny interrupted while shaking her head, “I’ve… I’ve done something really bad.”

 

“It can’t be that bad…” Luhan said with obvious uncertainty in his voice. ‘Can it…?’ he thought and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“I did it all so that you would love me,” Sunny continued, “but now… now I… I-I can’t do this…”

 

“What’s going on Sunny?” Luhan asked, his tone of voice growing extremely cold – much unlike how he usually is.

 

“I got J-Jessica to… well, I asked if she could fire Jen’s parents and well… she did,” Sunny confessed silently with her head now hung in shame once again.

 

“You what?!” Luhan exclaimed in a mixture of shock and anger and quickly rose to his feet.

 

“I’m sorry, okay?! I just… I wanted you all to myself and now… now I regret it more than ever,” Sunny defended weakly, looking as if she were on the verge of tears as she gazed up at him.

 

“Regretting it won’t fix anything,” Luhan hissed, “How did you even find out any of that stuff? I’m pretty sure it’s all confidential…”

 

“Well, you remember the new kid…?” Sunny asked.

 

 

 

 

 


 

U-P-D-A-T-E! v(^0^)v A bit of dramatic update as well~

I think this fanfic may be lengthy. o.o

ANYWHO...

Thanks for reading, click that upvote button if you'd like :) hehe~

(I saw this and was like AWWW <3)