Revenge

Heart of Ice

Kai bent down and picked up the newspaper, reading the headlining story. “Aishh!” he hissed and crumpled the newspaper in his hand, gripping it so tight that his knuckles began to turn white. ‘That’s it… I’m done,’ Kai thought as he stormed off to his car; he had to make a quick trip to a certain someone…

 

---

 

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V:

 

Kyungsoo sat alone as usual in the school’s chorus room singing a few songs to himself. He liked being in the chorus room at night – it was pleasantly peaceful. Nobody came and bothered him and he could sing as much as he wanted. Now that everybody had their own drama going on, it was as if everyone had forgotten about him – Luhan was always around Jen, Kai was barely around, and Jessica and Sunny were inseparable… and then you had Kyungsoo.

 

He sighed loudly while looking at the ground and tapped his feet on the ground trying to think of another song to sing. A few titles rattled around in his brain before he decided on one – he decided to sing “Miracles in December”.

 

Boiji anneun neol

Chajeuryeogo aesseulta

Deulliji anneun

Neol deureuryeo aesseulta

 

The he suddenly heard someone begin playing the piano and he immediately stopped singing and turned around, his naturally wide eyes grew two times wider.

 

“Why’d you stop singing?” the girl sitting at the piano asked. She looked clearly confused and then shot him a charming eye smile.

 

“When… were you always in here?” Kyungsoo asked softly.

 

The girl shook her head. “No… I heard you singing and I recognized the song so I wanted to play the piano along with your singing.”

 

“I see…” Kyungsoo sighed then looked away.

 

The girl stood up and walked over to the seat beside Kyungsoo. “May I?”

 

Kyungsoo looked up at the girl and nodded his head. The girl fixed her skirt before sitting down in the seat beside him. “I’m Minah,” she said, introducing herself to the squishy guy next to her.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo answered shortly.

 

“Well Kyungsoo, are you going to finish that song?” Minah asked, her eyes seemingly pleading for him to.

 

“I-,” Kyungsoo began.

 

“Pleaseeee!” Minah begged and tugged his sleeve gently, “I… I really like your singing.” She blushed a little bit and looked away, before clearing . “I mean… I… umm… Your voice went nicely with my piano playing.”

 

Kyungsoo noticed the blush and felt flattered yet also surprised – he wasn’t used to being the cause of girls’ blushing… it was usually Kai or Luhan who captured the hearts of the ladies. “Okay…”

 

“Omo!” Minah cheered then happily popped up out of her seat and scurried over to the piano, “Okay, are you ready?”

 

Again, Kyungsoo nodded, not saying a word.

 

“Here we go,” Minah said and began playing the opening to “Miracles in December”.

 

---

 

Kai’s P.O.V:

 

Kai burst into his stepmother’s office and threw the newspaper down on her desk. “I’m not doing this anymore,” he said in a strained voice trying to suppress the anger welling up inside him.

 

“Oh?” his stepmother questioned with a raised eyebrow.

 

“I’m done letting you control every aspect of my life,” Kai continued, “I’m not like father… I won’t be your little puppet anymore.”

 

“Honestly Kai, what can you possibly do about it?” his stepmother asked in a bored tone of voice.

 

“I’ll tell the media that this whole thing was a sham,” Kai threatened.

 

“Ha! I’ve spent years building my reputation… It’ll be your measly word against mine,” Mrs. Kim countered, “besides… I’m sure you wouldn’t want anything to happen to that precious Jen of yours.”

 

Kai’s eyes grew wide. “How do you-,”

 

“-know about her?” Mrs. Kim asked, finishing Kai’s question and then chuckled, “You can’t hide anything from me, Jongin… you should know that by now.”

 

“So you expect me to sit back and do nothing about this?” Kai snapped and put both his hands her desk.

 

“That’s exactly what I expect,” his stepmother answered calmly while fiddling with her fingernails.

 

“No, not this time,” Kai stated firmly and banged his right fist on her desk, “I’m not going to let you win!”

 

“Then say goodbye to your little Jen… poor girl,” Mrs. Kim tsked, shaking her head, “Maybe she can find a dead-end job back in Korea.”

 

“Don’t you dare bring Jen into this,” Kai spat.

 

“I won’t… if you do as I say,” Mrs. Kim smirked and stood up, walking from behind her desk to stand beside Jongin and put her hand on his shoulder, “You see Jongin as I’ve told you time and time again, life isn’t fair. And since life isn’t fair, you can’t always get what you want.”

 

“I want happiness… so you mean I can’t get that either?” Kai questioned bitterly and moved away from her, shaking her hand off his shoulder.

 

“You could be happy if you looked at it from my perspective,” his stepmother advised.

 

“Your perspective?” Kai repeated with a sarcastic laugh, “Your perspective only involves yourself and that’s it. When was the last time you’ve helped anyone but yourself?”

 

“I believe in self-help,” Mrs. Kim answered sharply, “Donating money is like giving a free handout and poor people never learn… If they want to do better for themselves, they should work for it.”

 

“I’m not talking about money!” Kai exclaimed impatiently, “Damnit not everything is about money! That is what’s wrong with you… The only thing you value is money.”

 

“That’s not true,” his stepmother said defensively.

 

“It is true,” Kai argued, “You don’t care about me or dad nor the fact that you broke up his marriage to my mom.”

 

Her face began to turn incredibly red and she turned around. “Get out of my office,” Mrs. Kim said sternly, “Just… get out!”

 

“Gladly,” Kai spat and headed towards the door, “Oh and one more thing… You can’t just shoo me away forever. The only reason I’ve kept you two’s little secret is to protect my dad’s image but if I have to spill it, I will.” He winked with a satisfactory smirk plastered on his face before walking out of her office.

 

---

 

Geu gyeore

Waitneun geon

 

Boiji anneun neol

Chajeuryeogo aesseulta

Deulliji anneun

Neol deureuryeo aesseulta…

 

Minah stopped playing the piano when Kyungsoo finished up the song and smiled with tears in her tears. She wiped them away and sniffled softly, while Kyungsoo stared at her wondering why she was crying.

 

“I’m sorry… I probably look stupid right now,” Minah said and laughed lightly.

 

“No, you… you look great,” Kyungsoo assured her and then realized how his response sounded flirty making him blush.

 

“You’re so sweet,” Minah smiled then cleared , “It’s just that you sung the song so well and I… well… I don’t know.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly and looked down at the ground. He was always told that he had a beautiful voice but something about having Minah say it made it more… meaningful.

 

“You don’t talk much, do you?” Minah asked as she stood up and sat in the same chair she did earlier.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head and never looked up at her. “Not really…”

 

“Well then I guess that’ll have to change!” Minah exclaimed cheerfully and hopped out of her seat despite having just sat down 30 seconds ago.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled gawkily and rubbed the back of his neck. “I guess so.”

 

“How about tomorrow? Same time, same place?” Minah asked, slightly tilting her head to the side.

 

“Uhh y-yeah, that’s fine,” Kyungsoo agreed with a small nod.

 

“Great then, I’ll see you tomorrow Kyungsoo-ya!” Minah exclaimed while heading to the door and occasionally waving ‘goodbye’ to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo watched her leave with a slight smile on his face and then ruffled his own hair. It was nice to meet someone who was so talented on the piano and it was even nicer for her to have such sweet personality. And for once… he was actually looking forward to tomorrow~

 

---

 

Sunny’s P.O.V:

 

Sunny was lying on her bed in her silky pink pajamas playing games on her IPhone when she got a call – a very important call. She squealed in excitement and grabbed her phone, quickly pressing talk:

 

“Yeoboseoyo?” Sunny answered.

 

“Sunny, I have quite a bit of information to share with you about Jen,” the mystery guy began.

 

“Okay, spill it!” Sunny said nicely yet with a tinge of impatience.  

 

“Well, for one thing, this girl is definitely poor. She doesn’t have any siblings and her parents both work in the mailing room of W&M Inc,” the mystery person explained.

 

“Wait, whoa! You said W&M Inc.?!” Sunny gasped.

 

“Yes, that’s right,” the guy answered.

 

“Ah ha! That’s it!” Sunny applauded and wiggled around her bed in excitement, “I have to go now. Bye!”

 

“B-,” was all Sunny heard before she hung up the phone.

 

“Oh my god, I need to talk to Jessica!” Sunny exclaimed happily, “I know exactly what to do now!” She then quickly dialed Jessica's number on her phone and laid down with a sadistic smirk - she would have her revenge in no time.

 

 

 

 

 


Hello again and thanks for reading! ^w^

Ohoho~ lots of drama to write about omg xD I wrote this like half-asleep so sorry about any mistakes before hand ;-;

Btw, the new cameo is Girls Day's Minah <3

So adorkable :3