Stranger

Heart of Ice

Luhan pulled away from the kiss with his eyes squeezed shut and drew a shaky breath. “I’m sorry…”

 

Jen opened her eyes and looked up at Luhan, too shocked to say anything. ‘He… kissed me,’ she thought and daintily touched her lips as if looking for confirmation.

 

“I should go…” he whispered as he opened his eyes slowly and walked around her, heading back to the boardwalk. But before he could walk a mere foot away, he felt a hand gently grab his wrist…

 

“I hope you don’t plan on ignoring me again,” Jen said with a slightly taunting tone of voice.

 

Luhan didn’t bother to turn around but his head lowered in shame. “I keep making things awkward…”

 

“Awkward? But… I had a great time,” Jen said with a bright smile, tilting her head to the side cutely. She didn’t want anything between her and Luhan to change because of the kiss… Luhan was her good friend and nothing would change that.

 

Luhan looked back at her in disbelief, his big deer-like eyes growing even wider. “You… did?”

 

Jen nodded and let go of his wrist. “Of course I did!”

 

Luhan rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled in an awkward manner. “O-Oh…”

 

“I have one question though,” Jen began with a coy grin.

 

Luhan’s heart began to beat a little faster but he managed to play it off calmly. “What is it?” ‘Don’t ask about the kiss…’ he thought pleadingly.

 

“Is my debt finally paid off?” she asked innocently.

 

WHEW…

 

Luhan ruffled her hair and leaned forward so that he was at eye-level with her. “It is if you buy me ice-cream before we leave.” He smiled stupidly at her and winked before he started walking away.

 

“Y-Yah! You’re the rich one!” Jen whined and stomped her foot, watching him walk farther and farther away, “Wait! Wait for me! Luhannnn!” She took running to catch up to him.

 

~The Next Day~

 

Sunny’s P.O.V:

 

Sunny woke up and rubbed her temples while groaning – her headache was still there even from last night. She had spent all night crying her eyes out over the fact that she was losing Luhan… her Luhan… to Jen. But she had a way to fix everything. She knew exactly how she was going to win Luhan back and then everything would be back to normal. Jen would be gone back to Korea and it would be her, Sica, and the Trio once again.

 

First, her plan began with a phone call to a certain someone…

 

Sunny laid back on her bed and dialed a number on her phone with a sigh and put the phone to her ear, eagerly awaiting for the mystery person to pick up.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” the person answered.

 

“Hey, you!” Sunny exclaimed, “It’s-,”

 

“I know who you are,” the person said with a chuckle, “what is it now, Sunny?”

 

“I just need you to do a little research for me,” Sunny requested while attempting to twirl her short, brown hair.

 

“Research?” the person questioned, their tone of voice sounded a bit between being surprised and confused.

 

“Yes, research,” Sunny confirmed with a nod but then realized they couldn’t see her, causing her to feel dumb, “I umm… I need you to find out anything you can about a girl named Jenny Park and get back to me immediately!”

 

“Jenny Park, you say?” the person echoed back to her, “Alright, I’ll see what I can do.”

 

“Thanks Oppa!” Sunny squealed and hung up the phone before he could even respond. She was very happy now – step one was now taken care of and the best was yet to come.

 

---

 

Jen sat in her first period class doodling random things on her paper before being snapped back to reality by the teacher.

 

“Okay class, it looks like we’ll be having another new student! He, too, got a scholarship based on his intellectual merits,” Mr. Lee explained proudly, “He of whom is also my nephew… Cha Hakyeon, please enter.”

 

And in he walked… A tall, long-legged guy stood to the front of the classroom and had fiery red hair and soft chocolate brown eyes. The look in his eyes was severe until he smiled… he had the dorkiest smile Jen had ever seen but something about it was so… charming. He was definitely handsome as well… she couldn’t deny that.

 

“I’m Cha Hakyeon,” he said with a deep bow and came back up with a huge grin, “It’s nice to meet you all.”

 

“Nice to meet you too,” some people in the class mumbled.

 

Hakyeon didn’t seem bothered at all by their lack of enthusiasm but only continued to smile dumbly at the front of the class.

 

“Okay, you may take a seat right there,” Mr. Lee said and pointed to the seat behind Jen.

 

Hakyeon nodded and walked down the aisle to his seat… the seat behind Jen. Jen somehow found herself staring at him the entire time since he walked in the classroom. He was such a dork already but something about him intrigued her.

 

When the two made eye contact, Jen quickly looked away and went back to doodling random things on her paper – she didn’t want to seem creepy already. I mean, wouldn’t that be horrible? She could already hear the gossip now… ‘Jenny Park scared away the new kid in a matter of seconds’.

 

She shook her head trying to get rid of the thoughts and dropped her pencil. ‘Aigoo…’ she thought and leaned down to pick up her pencil but someone picked it up for her.

 

“I believe this is yours,” a male voice whispered.

 

Jen looked up at see Hakyeon holding her pencil out to her. “Oh… thank you.” She took back her pencil and sat up, turning around in her seat to face him.

 

“I’m Hakyeon but you can call me N,” N introduced himself casually.

 

“I’m Jenny but everyone calls me Jen,” Jen replied with a smile.

 

“I like Jenny better,” N said and leaned back in his seat, “It’s like a cute pet name.”

 

“P-Pet name?” Jen stammered, looking at him wide-eyed. Pet names are only names couples call one another!

 

“Relax Jenny…” he said with a wink, “I’m just messing with you.”

 

“Hmph! Don’t get too full of yourself…” Jen said defensively, “I wasn’t getting flustered or anything.”

 

N rolled his eyes with an amused smile. “Okay Miss ‘P-Pet name’,” he mimicked while making a retarded scrunched up face.

 

“Yah! I didn’t-,” Jen exclaimed angrily.

 

“Jen!” Mr. Lee scolded, “Turn around in your seat and stop bothering Hakyeon.”

 

“But I wasn’t-,” Jen began, pouting slightly. She wasn’t used to being scolded by a teacher…In fact, she was never scolded by a teacher before.

 

“Keep arguing and I’ll send you to the office,” Mr. Lee interrupted and went back to teaching.

 

“Thanks a lot,” Jen mumbled irritably to N before turning back around in her seat.

 

“You’re the one getting all worked up over nothing,” N mumbled back, “It’s not my fault I make you nervous…”

 

“You don’t make me nervous,” Jen spat quietly, turning back around to eye him cruelly.

 

“Are you sure?” N asked, smirking conceitedly, “I saw how you were staring at me earlier.”

 

“I w-wasn’t! You… Shut up!” Jen whispered harshly but her whisper really wasn’t much of a whisper.

 

“Miss Park!” Mr. Lee exclaimed sternly, “Go to the office!”

 

“But…” Jen whined sadly.

 

“No buts, now go,” Mr. Lee sternly, “And take Hakyeon with you.”

 

“Me? But what did I do?” N pouted childishly.

 

“She obviously wasn’t talking to herself,” Mr. Lee answered.

 

“She’s crazy though!” Hakyeon defended, “She probably was!”

 

Jen punched his arm with all her strength and N nearly fell out of his seat. “I am not crazy!”

 

“See? She hit me! That’s crazy,” N argued while rubbing his aching arm and glared at Jen.

 

“Go to the office now or I’ll keep adding days to your afterschool detention!” Mr. Lee shouted strictly and pointed to the door.

 

“Yes Mr. Lee,” both N and Jen mumbled before gathering their belongings and walking out of the classroom.

 

“This is all your fault!” Jen hissed bitterly and folded her arms across her chest.

 

“My fault?!” N yelled in shock, “What about you Miss ‘I’m going to stare at the new kid creepily’?”

 

“I wasn’t staring at you!” Jen shouted and slapped the back of his head angrily before speeding up her walking pace.

 

“Why do you keep hitting me?” N whined while rubbing the back of his head.

 

“Because you’re an idiot,” Jen huffed without looking back at him.

 

N ran to catch back up with her and crossed his arms. “I’m not an idiot.”

 

Jen laughed sarcastically, keeping her eyes straight ahead. “Now you’ve actually said something that’s funny.”

 

“Funny?” N questioned in confusion, “How is that funny?”

 

Jen stopped walking and put her hands on her hips, looking at N with narrowed eyes. “You really don’t understand how sarcasm works, huh?”

 

“Hmm?” N hummed while scratching his head with a dumb, blank look on his face.

 

“Forget it,” Jen tch-ed and started walking to the office again.

 

“Wait!” N called and ran to catch up to her, “You’re not mad at me, are you?”

 

“No Hakyeon, I’m not mad,” Jen said through gritted teeth.

 

“I told you to call me N,” N corrected.

 

“UGH! What does it matter?!” Jen yelled, throwing her arms up in the air in frustration, “N or Hakyeon or whoever you are… thank you for getting me in detention, you’ve made my day soooo much better. Really, thank you.”

 

N smirked… his smirk grew wider into that dumb grin of his. Boy did she want to slap the smile right off his face.

 

“You’re welcome,” N said with a bow, “I couldn’t have done it without you though, crazy girl.”

 

“Grr!” Jen growled and punched his arm again in the same spot she did earlier.

 

“Ouch!” N wailed and rubbed his arm, “It’s still sore there!”

 

“Good!” Jen shouted over her shoulder and then walked into the office. ‘Gosh, this idiot getting me into trouble and it’s still the first week!’ she thought angrily as she waited to be seen by the Principal.

 

N walked into the office as well a few moments later and sat beside Jen. “It’s not so bad though… at least you get to see me a few days afterschool for an hour or so.”

 

“Yeah because that’s exactly what I want,” Jen said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

 

“I knew it! I knew you had a thing for me,” N said smugly, “All the ladies do.”

 

“Oh shut up!” Jen yelled and slapped the back of his head.

 

N fell forward out of his seat with a dumb, stunned look on his face causing Jen to burst out giggling. “Y-You should see your f-face!” she said between fits of laughter.

 

“I’m going to get brain damage because of you!” N pouted and sat up on the floor.

 

“Funny… I always suspected you already had brain damage,” Jen teased and patted his head.

 

“I like when you pat my head,” N said with a erted smirk.

 

“Eww, Byuntae!” Jen exclaimed and slapped the back of his head again.

 

“Stop doing that!” N screeched, poking out his bottom lip pathetically.

 

“Then stop talking!” Jen yelled back at him.

 

“You two, stop making all that noise and enter my office,” the Principal said as she moved out of the doorway.

 

“Yes ma’am,” the two students muttered before once again gathering their belongings and walked into her office, the heavy wooden door closing behind them.

 

“Now, I’ve heard you two caused quite a disturbance in your first period class,” the Principal began, her green eyes giving off a strong, authoritative vibe.

 

“He started it!” Jen exclaimed and pointed at N.

 

“No she-,” N began.

 

“I don’t care who started it!” the Principal stated severely and clasped her thin hands together on her desk, “However, I don’t think detention is going to solve this problem.”

 

“W-What do you mean?” Jen asked in shock wondering what the Principal had in mind as punishment.

 

“Today, you’ll have afterschool detention but I mean, I want you two to get along better so…” the Principal began, “I want you to do some volunteer work… together.”

 

“Together?!” both N and Jen exclaimed, both their faces in complete shock.

 

“Yes, together,” the Principal confirmed with a nod, “I’ll leave the rest of the details to you two and I expect 10 hours of volunteer work from you both.”

 

“But I can’t-,” N began.

 

“You may leave now,” the Principal interrupted him once again, her tone of voice sounded bored and then she got on her computer, typing up something.

 

The two students mumbled various things under their breath as they left her office. The Principal looked up from her computer with a smile on her face and shook her head. “God, I love being a Principal.”

 

 

 


Update day! ^~^ 

Sorry for the wait~! I hope you enjoy.

Comment, subscribe, upvote <3333