Falling for you?

Heart of Ice

“But… I… I don’t know if I love you anymore…” Kyungsoo said.

 

Sunny stared at him in disbelief – she heard the words he said however her mind rejected it and her heart wouldn’t… no, couldn’t believe nor accept it. It was as if her entire world was shattering right before her eyes and she couldn’t do anything about it.

 

He rejected her…

 

“B-But… why?” Sunny asked quietly while fighting back her tears and her tears were easily winning this battle.

 

“You pushed me away for far too long Sunny,” Kyungsoo sighed and looked away from her to avoid crying himself, “I… I’m sorry…” He knew his feelings for Sunny were still there because after all… your first love never fades easily.

 

“You… No… I can’t believe you’re doing this…” Sunny breathed as she backed away from him while shaking her head in disbelief.

 

“Sunny, wait…!” Kyungsoo exclaimed and reached out to her but before he could grab her, she took off running.

 

‘I’m just tired of always being hurt by you…’ he thought with a heavy sigh as he watched her run away and no matter how badly he wanted to run after her, his doubts kept him glued firmly to the ground.

 

---

 

~Back in Korea~

 

Jen woke up to see that Kai wasn’t lying beside her and her heart beat heavily in her chest. ‘Where’s Kai?’ she thought in a slight panic as she clearly remembered telling him to not leave.

 

~Small flashback~

 

“Don’t leave me…” Jen mumbled into his shoulder as she was still tightly holding onto him.

 

“I wont… I promise,” Kai vowed and completely climbed onto the bed, lying down beside her.

 

~End of flashback~

 

She then heard a loud commotion of clanging pots and sizzling happen from somewhere else in the large hotel suite so she got up to investigate and boy was she in for a shock…

 

In the kitchen stood a frustrated Kai with flour covering him head to toe and pancake batter clinging to parts of his hair – this exact scene reminded her of the time at the camp grounds when Kai was tangled all in the tent strings. He had the same angry scowl on his face accompanied by the flicker of confusion in his eyes and she couldn’t help but giggle, gaining Kai’s attention.

 

“Y-You aren’t supposed to be in here,” Kai muttered with a tinge of frustration in his voice. He wanted to surprise her with breakfast in bed but he managed to mess that up too – he felt he couldn’t do anything right. He always had someone do petty things – like cook – for him but that was the problem… he couldn’t even do the simplest of things himself and that aggravated him more than people would ever know.

 

“I… well, something smelled great so I had to check it out,” Jen said with a smile and walked up to Kai and scooped some batter off his face with her finger and then ate it, with Kai looking at her like she was crazy.

 

Kai tch-ed with a slight blush creeping up on his face and quickly went back to cooking. He cleared his throat awkwardly and quietly asked while still focusing on his task: “Are… are you okay?”

 

Jen gulped lightly and began helping by cleaning up after him. “I… yes… I’m fine.”

 

He sighed at her response and wanted to slap himself again for asking such an awkward question and ruining the mood.

 

As Jen was wiping off the kitchen counter, she noticed a pile of either overcooked or undercooked pancakes and laughed a little to herself. ‘It’s sweet that he tried though…’ she thought.

 

He glanced at Jen from the corner of his eyes and noticed her laughing at the pancakes. ‘I guess they are pretty bad…’ he thought disappointedly before turning to her. “Perhaps we should just call room service?”

 

“Ani…!” Jen exclaimed and shook her head, “I’d rather have what you cooked.”

 

“You’d… what?” Kai stumbled over his words while looking at her in shock. ‘This girl has got to be crazy…’ he thought.

 

“You worked so hard to make this…” Jen mumbled as she twirled her hair, “I’d hate for all that to go to waste.”

 

Kai laughed a bit at her child-like mannerisms and slipped his hands into his pockets. “Really… I don’t mind. I’m just glad you appreciate everything,” he assured her, “Go relax while I order the breakfast.”

 

---

 

After having breakfast (and Kai taking an extremely long shower to remove all the flour and batter covering him), the two walked back to Jen’s house and before Jen could even knock on the door, the door swung open and there stood her mother with agape.

 

“I was so worried, Jenny-ah! Where have you been? Are you okay? What happened? Who-,” her mother blurted numerous questions until her eyes landed on Kai and she became speechless, staring at him with eyes the size of soccer balls.

 

“Anneyonghaseyo,” Kai bowed with a charming smile.

 

“Y-You… you’re Kai!” Mrs. Park exclaimed in disbelief.

 

“Who is it?” Mr. Park called in the distance and he walked over only to also gain the look of utter disbelief.

 

Kai bowed deeply to him as well with the same charming smile. “Anneyonghaseyo.”

 

“He’s as handsome in person as he is on TV,” her mother squealed like a fangirl.

 

Her father’s look of disbelief changed to that of irritation. He stepped close to Kai in an antagonizing manner and looked at him closely through his larger-than-necessary glasses. “This is the guy that fired us.”

 

Mrs. Park looked confused for a few moments, her eyes flickering from Kai to her husband and then gasped, covering with her hand. “It is!” she exclaimed and pulled Jen towards herself, “How dare you be around him?!”

 

Kai was looking just as confused as Jen was and scratched his head. “But I haven’t fired anyone…”

 

“You big shots just love to walk all over the little people, huh? I’ve worked for W&M all my life and-,” her father said before being interrupted.

 

“-and we’ve never done anything wrong! All we’ve ever done is do our best for W&M and this is the thanks we get?! Just because your company merged with W&M doesn’t mean you should go around firing their employees!” her mother finished her husband’s rant and blew her bangs (much like Jen does).

 

“No, you’ve got it all wrong,” Kai stated defensively, still with a look of obvious confusion, “I can’t fire anyone at W&M… it’s against the law.”

 

“Then explain this,” Mr. Park said then took a letter from out of his back pocket and slammed it in Kai’s hand.

 

The letter said:

 

To Mr. and Mrs. Park~

 

Due to exceptionally low job performance, we sincerely apologize beforehand but we have been forced to fire you both. This extermination of your jobs is effective immediately upon notification of this letter. We hope you understand that this is for the betterment of our company and we need every employee to meet up with the standards of the other employees.

 

We hope you have a bright future and continue to support the new Seoul-W&M merger!

 

                                                                        Best regards,

                                                                                 Kim Jongin

 

Kai read the letter twice before crumpling it up in his hand. “This wasn’t from me… but I know who is behind this.”

 

Jen could see the anger on his face and reached out, gently touching his arm but he quickly shook her hand off and hissed “Aish!”

 

“Kai…” Jen breathed and quickly drew her hand away. ‘What’s his problem?’ she thought.

 

“I apologize for any inconvenience,” Kai said then quickly bowed to both her parents. He took out his checkbook and wrote a check for 11,000,000 won and handed it to Mrs. Park. “Is this enough money for now or should I give more?”

 

Her mother’s hands shook as she held the check and stared at it as if it were the Holy Grail or something. “A-Ani… I-I… This… this is… enough, definitely enough!”

 

Mr. Park joined his wife in being absolutely flabbergasted and they jumped up and down singing “11,000,000 won” to a random, made-up tune before running in the house to break out the celebratory wine.

 

Kai began walking off but Jen went after him and grabbed his arm – he, again, yanked his arm out of her grasp angrily.

 

“What is your problem?!” Jen yelled in a hushed tone.

 

“This isn’t the first time she has had someone forge my signature for something,” Kai said, jumping ahead of himself instead of explaining from the beginning.

 

‘What is he talking about?’ Jen thought to herself. “M-Mwo?”

 

Kai sighed, his jaw tightly clenched in frustration. He wasn’t in the mood to explain anything – he wanted to fly right back to California and give Jessica a piece of his mind but then again… Jen did deserve an explanation after all.

 

“Jessica… she had someone forge my signature on that letter just like she has done several things before with other things. She never thinks I’ll find out but I always do,” Kai explained quickly, his voice laced with obvious contempt, “She crossed the line this time and because of her, you got hurt. I don’t care about myself but you… No, I’m not going to go easy on her this time. I’m not going to let anyone hurt you anymore.”

 

“K-Kai…” Jen uttered quietly as she looked up at him. The spark of determination in his eyes made her feel protected and… something else – it made her heart flutter and she felt her cheeks burning as she broke eye contact with him and stared at the ground.

 

The he suddenly pulled her into his arms and inhaled deeply. “I can’t bear to see you hurt anymore Jen… I can’t.”

 

“Kai I-,” Jen began.

 

“Part of me wants to leave right now and never look back,” Kai continued, interrupting her mid-sentence, “That part of me hopes that someday you’ll fade from my memory with time but… the other part of me knows that isn’t possible.”

 

Before Jen could even open to ask him what he meant, he began talking yet again: “I’ve caused you nothing but harm since I’ve met you, so I want to leave and stop being a burden to you but… I just can’t leave Jen. I can’t because I… Well, I…

 

“I think I’m falling for you…”

 

 

 

 

​​​


 

Update time woohoo~ ^w^

Enjoy and don't forget to upvote <3 I will love you forever! keke~

I'll be bringing certain characters back soon but be patient, m'kay? (: I won't disappoint!