Agony

Heart of Ice

~The next day in Korea~

 

You should go to the airport first. Kai texted her.

 

Jen frowned as she read the text but knew it was for the best. Kai is in deep trouble – more trouble than he’s ever been in before. He couldn’t afford to be seen in public these days… especially not with her on his arm.

 

When are you coming back to America? She texted back, slightly biting her upper lip as she waited for his response.

 

Soon. Kai texted back briefly. Jen frowned yet again but this time because of his short response.

 

She was about to reply when she was interrupted by another text from Kai: I’ll miss you too much if I stay in Korea too long.

 

This time, Jen smiled. Don’t flatter me too much, lover boy. She texted back.

 

Why not call me oppa instead? ;) He texted back, making Jen blush. The phone slipped from her hands and she scrambled to pick it up and quickly texted back:

 

Yah! I’m not calling you oppa, Byuntae! She threw the phone down on her bed while biting her lip and kept glancing at it from the corner of her eye. She grabbed it up again and texted him: I’m going to the airport now. I’ll see you soon~

 

She was getting ready to put the phone in her purse when it suddenly vibrated again, receiving another text from Kai and it said: Have a safe flight. I love you.

 

“I-I love... you,” Jen read the text aloud and stared at for the longest time, not knowing what to text back. ‘Should I… no, I mean I do but…’ Jen thought as she paced her room, keeping her eyes glued on the text the entire time. It made her… happy. Three simple words… one sentence… yet it had the power to light up her whole world. She smiled almost in a dream-like state before finally finding the courage to text back:

 

I love you too.

 

---

 

Jen arrived at Kimpo’s airport, this being her third time here in such a short time. At one point in time, she never even dreamed she’d go back to America. She wasn’t the same person who absolutely resented going to America anymore… despite all the bad that’s happened, something good came out of it. She met Kai… that was enough good to outweigh the bad.

 

She reread the text from Kai one last time before happily walking to the correct terminal but… who’s that?

 

She saw a familiar looking person walking towards her but it seemed as if they noticed her too and they quickly turned away, heading in a different direction.

 

Jen quickly scurried after the mystery person, wondering why they were running away from her. “Wait! Wait a minute!” she called after them but they continued to walk away from her.

 

“Wait!” she called again but the person only picked up the speed but then – their hood fell off revealing a mop of bouncy blonde hair.

 

‘Is that…’   “…Luhan?” she called out hesitantly.

 

The person stopped dead in their tracks. It was true… the person was Luhan.

 

“What’s going on? Why were you running from me?” Jen asked as she approached him from behind but he didn’t budge… nor did he say a single word.

 

“Luhan…” Jen said quietly and gently grabbed his shoulder but he quickly shrugged her hand off.

 

“I just can’t seem to get away from you no matter how hard I try, huh?” Luhan questioned with a bitter laugh.

 

Jen stared at him in disbelief as she let her hand fall loosely at her side. “What-,”

 

“I’m so tired of always running into you wherever I go. I thought maybe just this once that I could get away… so that I could forget you…” Luhan sighed and turned around to finally face her, “but here you are again – ready to rip my heart to shreds.”

 

“Luhan-,” Jen began again, only to be interrupted by Luhan once again.

 

Don’t pretend you didn’t know about my feelings for you,” Luhan said sharply, “and don’t stand here and pretend like you care about my feelings either! Did you ever consider my feelings when you left, huh? Did you ever consider my feelings while you were cuddled up to Kai in your apartment building?!”

 

Jen felt tears prickling the corners of her eyes the more Luhan spoke, each word stabbing her like a knife. “Y-You-,”

 

“Yes, I know everything. It’s all over the news,” Luhan confirmed and shoved his hands into his pockets, “I hope you’re ready to put everything on the line to be with Kai because his family won’t let you date him so easily.”

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Jen finally mustered the courage to ask but found herself cowering back under the intensity of his stare.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Luhan retorted, “I was nice to you from the very beginning yet you go after the guy that made your life hard? What sense does that make? And to think I even-,”

 

“Thank you,” Jen interrupted him and grabbed his hand, holding it gently.

 

“What the-,” Luhan began.

 

“I’m grateful for your kindness,” she replied with a smile, “and now I hope you will accept my apology.”

 

“Apology?” Luhan grumbled, breaking eye contact with her.

 

“My apology for not being able to accept your heart,” Jen answered softly and let his hand go, “I’m sorry… I’m really sorry.”

 

Luhan looked back at her with tears in his eyes. “Will your apology fix my heart, huh? Will it make this pain go away… huh?! If not, save your sorry for something else… I don’t want it.”

 

He began walking away and Jen started after him. “Luhan!”

 

“Stay away!” he spun around with angry, hurt tears spilling from his eyes, “Take a good look at me because this is the last time you’ll see me.”

 

“Luhan…” Jen sobbed as she watched him walk away and fell to her knees, breaking down in the middle of the airport, “I never meant to hurt you…”

 

---

 

“Aish!” Luhan hissed as he closed the airport’s bathroom door behind himself. He had to find someway to pull himself together… for his sake and for the sake of his health.

 

He walked up to the mirror and bent down to splash water on his face yet his hands were still shaking. ‘Damn…’ he thought as he reached in his pocket and pulled out a pill bottle. He was almost tempted to take them all… he’d done it before a while ago… but he promised Kai to never do something so reckless again.

 

He took a deep breath and exhaled trying to calm his hands enough in order to be able to pour the pills properly but his heartbeat kept rising and it only made him dizzier. He began feeling like everything around him was spinning faster and faster until he finally collapsed… right into someone’s arms~

 

“Whoa, are you alright?” the stranger asked as he cradled Luhan in his arms.

 

“Pills…” Luhan muttered and placed the pill bottle in the stranger’s hands before closing his eyes.

 

“N-Ne,” the stranger said and looked at the pill bottle. ‘Only take two with a glass of water,’ he thought as he read the instructions and quickly poured two pills in his hand and shook Luhan awake.

 

“Here,” he said and placed the two pills in Luhan’s mouth then let him drink from his water bottle. “Are you okay now?”

 

Luhan nodded slowly and sat up. “I’m sorry for causing you trouble.”

 

“You didn’t cause me any trouble,” the stranger said with a strained smile, “but I’m still worried so… mind if I stick around?”

 

“Don’t you have any other things to attend to?” Luhan asked, his tone slightly bitter.

 

The stranger tapped his chin with a small sarcastic smile, trying to look as if he were actually thinking and to be honest, it irritated Luhan. It irritated him how nonchalant the stranger was being especially since he was miserable at the moment. ‘I guess misery really does love company,’ Luhan thought, despising the look of the stranger’s smile. He hated how everyone around him was happy yet he was the only miserable one.

 

“Hmm… nope. I have nothing planned today,” the stranger said after “thinking”. “Looks like I’m all yours today.”

 

“Aish…” Luhan grumbled then stood up with the help of the stranger and smoothed out his outfit, “What do you want?”

 

“I couldn’t help but notice that you take anxiety pills…” the stranger began and ran a hand through his rainbow colored hair, “And I also witnessed you get your heart torn to shreds-,”

 

“Get on with it,” Luhan snapped.

 

“Well, seeing how your life is in pretty bad shape now… I want to help,” the stranger proposed with a half smile.

 

“Help?” Luhan repeated, looking confused.

 

“I want to help you smile again but… try not to fall in love with me in the process,” the stranger replied, “however… I wouldn’t mind if you did.” The guy winked, completely flustering Luhan.

 

“W-What?!” Luhan stuttered.

 

The stranger laughed before looking back at Luhan. “If you fall in love with me, then I’m sure to fall in love with you and… I don’t plan on sharing with that girl.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Luhan mumbled. The stranger’s boldness had totally thrown Luhan in for a loop.

 

“How about we start from the beginning then?” the stranger suggested and stuck out his hand, “I’m Oh Sehun… nice to meet you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A little Sehun cameo for ya ^w^ I actually debated a lot whether to use him because I see so much HunHan but whatever xD

It's hard to deny how cute these guys are together <3

 

Anyways... enjoy! (: