Savior

Heart of Ice

Jen ran down the hallway feeling along the wall to guide her somewhat but she ended up crashing into the wall in front of her. “Ah!” she yelled as she stumbled backwards. Her head was throbbing and she almost wanted to pass out from the blow but instead she forced herself to keep going.

 

She took a deep breath and turned to her left continuing down the hallway with her shoes making loud squelching noises with each step she took.  Jen noticed that the liquid was beginning to dry and she peeled some of it off – she discovered that the liquid was glue.

 

She peeled away some of the glue that was dry on her face so that she could see better and she was able to make it back in the elevator and pushed the button. She then slid down to the floor and covered her face with her hands finally spilling the tears that threatened to fall a little while ago. Her sobs rang out loudly in the elevator. “I just want t-to g-go home,” Jen whimpered between choked sobs.

 

Ding!

 

The elevator arrived at the first level of the school and Jen flung herself out of the elevator. She had hoped that no one would be around to see her like this but instead she ran right into someone…

 

“Yah!” shouted a familiar male voice.

 

Jen gulped – she knew that voice from anywhere. “M-Mianhae,” she said quickly with a bow, backing away from the male.

 

“Aish!” Kai hissed as he shook the hot coffee off his hand that he spilled when he collided with Jen, “watch where you-…” He then looked up at Jen to see that she was covered with glue.

 

“What… what happened to you?” he asked while looking at Jen intently.

 

“N-Nothing,” Jen muttered and attempted to go around Kai but he grabbed her arm.

 

“Tell me who did this,” Kai demanded, his grip on her arm was firm but not firm enough to hurt her.

 

“Why do you care? Isn’t this what you wanted?” Jen wept and turned away from him, “you want me to leave so now you’ll get what you wanted. I’m leaving.”

 

“Yah Jen…” Kai said not really knowing what to say to her.

 

“Just leave me alone!” she yelled and tried snatching her arm away from him but he only tightened his grip.

 

Kai started to drag Jen off somewhere and she protested the entire time. “Hush!” he hissed, “I’m not going to hurt you.” He led her outside around the back of the school where they had a water hose. “Don’t go anywhere okay?” he said when he let go of her arm and the sincerity in his voice kept Jen from leaving.

 

He the water hose to a gentle water pressure and held the nozzle above Jen’s head, allowing the water to pour over her. He noticed that water alone wasn’t helping so he took off his school jacket and used that to gently wipe off her face and hands.

 

‘He’s actually… helping me?’ Jen thought confusedly. She had initially suspected him of being part of the plot against her.

 

Kai finished getting a good majority of the glue off of her and turned the water hose off. Jen stood there shivering and Kai put his jacket around her. The jacket wasn’t completely dry but it was dry enough to keep Jen warm.

 

“I’ll take you back to your dorm,” he said quietly but it sounded more like a question. He looked at Jen with skepticism in his eyes – he wasn’t sure if Jen wanted his assistance or not.

 

Jen slowly nodded and then began walking with him back to her dorm. ‘Why is he being so nice to me all of a sudden?’ she thought and looked over at him only to see him looking back at her.

 

---

 

Kai’s P.O.V:

 

‘Aish… this pabo,’ Kai thought as he wiped the glue from Jen’s face. He didn’t too much care for people in general, especially people that defied him, but he couldn’t stand to see Jen like this for some reason.

 

As he was wiping away the glue he noticed that she had a huge bruise on her forehead. ‘Now where’d she get that?’ he thought and avoided touching it so he wouldn’t hurt her.

 

When he finished, he stared at Jen for a moment. She was trembling and wouldn’t make eye contact with him. This wasn’t the Jen he knew. The Jen he knew was a fighter – she didn’t get walked over by anybody. Now as he stood looking at her, she was the complete opposite from that.

 

She looked scared… defeated… and alone.

 

“Aish!” he muttered under his breath and put his jacket around her. He saw how she looked surprised by his nice gestures and to be honest, it surprised him too.

 

“I’ll take you back to your dorm,” he said quietly, unsure of how Jen would respond seeing as how he had been a total to her from the very beginning.

 

Then he saw her nod and again he was surprised but he tried not to show it. They began walking to her dorm and he found himself staring at her. He gulped awkwardly and before he could turn away, Jen looked up at him.

 

“Y-Yah! What do you want, Tarzan?” Kai sputtered and quickly looked ahead, jamming his hands into his pockets.

 

There was a long stretch of silence before Jen spoke. “I… wanted to thank you.”

 

He looked at her with surprise and then cleared his throat before looking forward again. “Yeah? Well… don’t get too used to this.”

 

“To what?” Jen asked, looking back up at him.

 

“To me… you know… being nice,” Kai mumbled, avoiding looking back at her.

 

“Ah, I see,” Jen said with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

 

The two walked in awkward silence the rest of the way back to Jen’s dorm hall. Jen took off Kai’s jacket and held it out to him but he refused to take it back.

 

“Keep it,” he said with a smirk, “consider it as a souvenir.”

 

Jen rolled her eyes and held the jacket back out. “I don’t want it.”

 

“What?” Kai asked with surprise and his eyes grew wide, “Yah Tarzan! You don’t want to accept my kindness?”

 

“Not if your kindness is going to be a souvenir,” Jen said blatantly.

 

Kai smirked slightly in amusement but also in annoyance. ‘Ahh jinjja…’ he thought as he ran his hand through his hair. “Look, it doesn’t have to be a souvenir… just keep it.”

 

“Fine,” Jen said with a small smile and stopped holding out the jacket. She could tell that her defiance was irritating him.

 

“Catch you later then,” he said then turned around, walking away to his own dorm hall.

 

---

 

Jen’s P.O.V:

 

‘Pabo-ah,’ Jen thought but couldn’t help but smile again as she walked into her dorm hall and into her room.

 

She laid Kai’s jacket on her bed before she went into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Glue was still clinging to her hair and was all over her school uniform. ‘Oh… mom is going to kill me,’ Jen thought worriedly, ‘I can’t afford another uniform!’

 

Jen sighed and stripped off her clothes and hopped into the shower. She stayed in there for a good two hours trying to get off all the glue from her hair and body – the task was exhausting.

 

She stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body and another one around her hair. When she was finally finished everything in the bathroom, Jen heard a knock at her door. “Who is it?” she called and went to answer the door.

 

“Delivery!” a female voice said from the other side of the door.

 

Jen opened the door to see an unfamiliar female standing at her door. The girl was holding a new uniform in her hands. “Are you Jenny Park?” she asked.

 

“Ne…” Jen responded.

 

“This is for you,” the girl said with a smile and handed Jen the uniform.

 

“Oh… oh wow, thank you!” Jen exclaimed.

 

“I didn’t buy it,” the girl said with the same bright smile, “you should thank whoever sent it.”

 

“Who sent it?” Jen asked curiously.

 

“I don’t know,” the girl shrugged, “it was sent anonymously.”

 

“Ah, okay. Well thank you for delivering it,” Jen said with a short bow.

 

The girl looked slightly amused when Jen bowed to her. “Sure thing!” The girl then left back down the hallway and down the stairs.

 

Jen walked back into her room with the uniform and took it out of the plastic. She held up the uniform and out fell a note card that said:

 

“You’re welcome, Tarzan.”

 

 

 

 


 

Sorry for keeping all my subbies waiting :((((( forgive me, ne? 

I'll be updating regularly again next week so please anticipate it! ^w^

I love you all for standing by me! 

heartheartheart