Stage Two

Heart of Ice

“I object!” Jessica practically yelled and rose up out of her seat, causing the entire class to crane their necks to look at her.

 

I object!'” Kai imitated in Jessica's whiny voice and chuckled bitterly before going back to his same bored facial expression, rolling his eyes, "this isn't a courthouse, Sica."

 

“Well… whatever! I demand a partner change!” Jessica commanded and folded her arms across her chest defiantly… she was determined to be Kai’s partner. She didn’t want to be stuck with Luhan alone for a whole day - not that she didn't like him but because well... he wasn't Kai.

 

“Me too!” Sunny said and rose out of her seat as well – her intentions were similar to Jessica’s however she wanted to be partners with Luhan. The idea of getting to spend a whole day with her crush Luhan was like her dream come true.

 

"You two are always complaining about something. Can't you both shut up for once?" Kai grumbled and ruffled his hair in his frustrated state. 'They better not mess this up for me,' he thought bitterly while glaring at both Sunny and Jessica. 

 

“Kai, watch your language. As for you two, there will be absolutely no partner changes; I’ve made my final decision,” Mr. Lee explained and pushed up his glasses that had begun to slide down his nose.

 

“But this is so unfair!” Jessica complained.

 

“Yeah! We should be able to pick our own partners instead!” Sunny chimed in while subconsciously imitating Jessica’s body language. 

 

“I've said my decision is final,” Mr. Lee snapped, “I’m not going to argue with either of you on this topic anymore. Now have a seat and settle down or I’ll have to send you both out.”

 

“Yes sir…” the girls mumbled before complying reluctantly with the teacher’s request, making them sit back down in their seat.

 

Mr. Lee clapped his hands together before smiling brightly. “Well now that that’s settled, we can finally begin class!”

 

---

 

Kai’s P.O.V:

 

Kai smirked when Mr. Lee announced that he would be partnered with the new girl Jen. ‘So Jen is her name, huh?’ he thought to himself as he leaned back in his chair. He wanted to use this opportunity to get back at her for making him look ridiculous in front of everyone at the airport. What’s worse is that he still didn’t get his suit cleaned and that dirt wasn’t going to come out easily either.

 

He looked across the classroom at the still embarrassed Jen and couldn’t help but chuckle mischievously to himself – he was going to have fun on this camping trip.

 

---

 

Luhan’s P.O.V:

 

Luhan’s eyes grew wide when he heard that he would be partnered with Jessica the Ice Princess… or better yet, his worst nightmare. “Ugh,” he mumbled and slid down a bit in his seat. He was hoping that he would’ve been paired up with either Kai or Kyungsoo or even Jen. He didn’t know why he was taking such a liking to Jen lately… Jen was different from the other girls at the school. She wasn’t snobby or conceited and actually stood up for what she believed in – Luhan admired that.

 

He scoffed as he watched Jessica and Sunny whine about wanting to change partners – they were always whining about something. This time, however, he wanted their whining to work. He couldn’t stand the idea of having to be around Jessica for an entire day. A whole entire day of having to hear about her problems and her infatuation with Kai.

 

Kai… Kai… Kai! Everything was always about Kai. He had to admit that a small part of him would get jealous when people only mentioned Kai but that was his best friend and he would stick by him no matter what.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V:

 

‘I’m paired with… Sunny?’ he thought and quickly glanced at her before looking away, his face slightly turning red. He couldn’t believe this was actually happening – it was exciting. He always wanted an excuse to try and get closer to Sunny but he never could. Sure she did seem obnoxious to others but she wasn’t always like that…

 

Kyungsoo knew Sunny ever since elementary school and they grew up to be the best of friends. They used to go everywhere together and do everything together… some would say that they were inseparable. Sometimes they would even lie on the beach and talk for hours about their hopes and dreams. But then… they began to drift apart – they drifted apart when Luhan came into the picture. Sunny developed this obsessive infatuation with Luhan and began hanging out with Jessica. Sunny then formed into an entirely different person – a person that completely forgot about her old friend Kyungsoo.

 

---

 

Jen’s P.O.V:

 

Jen couldn’t focus on what Mr. Lee was teaching the class anymore, all she kept thinking about was the camping trip tomorrow – the camping trip tomorrow while being partnered with Kai. Kai of all people in the classroom! UGH. Could her luck honestly get any worse? Ever since she landed in California she has had nothing but bad luck. But… not everything was so bad. At least she knew she could find some form of friendship with Luhan. Jen smiled a little to herself and wished that she could’ve traded partners like how Jessica and Sunny wanted to do. Jen would have rather paired up with anyone else other than Kai, with the exceptions of Jessica and Sunny of course.

 

---

 

SunSica’s P.O.V:

 

Jessica and Sunny exchanged looks of disappointment with one another – usually their complaining would work on teachers but not this time. “I bet she begged the teacher to be partnered with Kai,” Jessica whispered to Sunny.

 

“I know right! She’s doing all this on purpose just to ruin our lives,” Sunny bitterly whispered back.

 

“Well we’re not going to let her win, are we?” Jessica asked with a smirk.

 

Sunny vigorously shook her head ‘no’. “No way! She has got to go.”

 

“I feel so sorry for Kai oppa having a stalker already… it must be tough on him. I know he’s amazing and everything but some people just go way overboard,” Jessica said hypocritically and sighed while twirled her hair mindlessly.

 

“Oh my god, I so agree! We have to do something to help Kai oppa! Oh, and Luhan oppa too! I bet he just pities her because she’s poor and everything. My Luhan is too sweet,” Sunny sighed also but with a smile on her face.

 

Jessica’s eyes seemed to darken a bit as she leaned closer to Sunny. “We can’t see them suffer anymore with having to deal with this girl so… I think it’s about time to move onto stage two of our plan.”

 

 

 

 


 

Hello once again my lovelies :3 Such a short update, I know >_< mianhae!

Who's ready to find out about stage two? :o Poor Jen!

Anyways please enjoy and leave comments! ^w^ Upvoting is great too!

Happy Friday to you all!

heart

(A little Kai gif for you all <3 keke~ yes please! *0*)