Is this... love?

Heart of Ice

A rather short chappie but it's better than nothing. ^^ It's dedicated solely to Kai and Jen but the "new kid" situation will be back next update!

Thanks in advance for reading! <3 

Also, I am taking a bit long to update this so if you want (and I would reaaaallllyy love if you did ^^) check out my KaiLu fanfic I Can Make You Smile ^3^ (its completed so yeah)

I'm also working on another fanfic with a friend called Evolution of Our Love and I just love the storyline  she planned! <3 Check it out!

Okay, now you can read xD

 

 

 


~Night time in Korea~

 

“Jenny!” her mother called at the top of her lungs, “there’s something out here for you!”

 

“Mmm…” Jen groaned in annoyance as she rolled out of bed and slipped her feet into her cozy little slippers.

 

Sulk.

 

Sulk is all she did since Kai told her to go inside… she couldn’t bear to know how he was holding up now. His “scandal” with Jessica was now the new popular topic everyone was talking about… and not in a good way either.

 

‘They don’t know him like I do…’ Jen thought angrily to herself the more she thought about all the mean things being said about him, especially on message boards… the netizens were unrelenting with their vicious comments:

 

I can’t imagine how many other hearts he has abused for power.

 

I knew he was no good all along. Kekeke~

 

Poor Jessica, I think he was lying to cover up the fact that he was cheating. What a bastard.

 

Jessica was too good for him anyway…

 

Down with Seoul Enterprises!!

 

Netizens were blowing the whole thing out of proportion and the worst thing was, it all was spreading like wildfire. Some were even making ridiculous rumors saying that Jen was a e and other things like that…

 

“Jenny!” her mother called again, more impatiently this time.

 

“Coming! I’m coming…” Jen grumbled and trudged out to the living room to where her mother stood with a small box in her hands.

 

“It’s for you,” her mother said and handed it to her.

 

“Gamsahamnida,” Jen murmured and bowed shortly before taking the box from her hands and turned to go back in her room.

 

“Wait! Aren’t… can’t you open that here?” her mother asked, the obvious spark of curiosity shining in her eyes.

 

Jen made an unidentifiable noise before trudging back to her room, leaving her nosey mother behind to ponder what was in the box.

 

She shook the box a little and didn’t hear anything even when she pressed her ear against it. ‘What could it be?’ she thought as she began delicately peeling off the wrapping paper, ‘And whom would it be from?’

 

When she finished, she saw that it was a brand new Iphone with a little sticky note stuck on the box, which read: “Call me as soon as you get this. 555-648-0127”

 

She didn’t recognize the number at all but she figured it couldn’t hurt to call… after all they did send her a new phone. With this in thought, she took the phone out of the box and dialed the number and a few rings later, someone picked up:

 

“Y-Yeoboseyo?” Jen said in a questioning tone.

 

“Jen…” a male voice muttered.

 

“Kai…?” Jen inquired, it sounded like him but the tone of voice was… off. She didn’t know how else to put it than “off”.

 

“Can I see you?” Kai asked quietly, making it difficult for Jen to hear him.

 

‘It is him,’ she thought, ‘but why does he sound so… different?’ 

 

“When?” Jen asked.

 

“Now. I just… I need to see you,” Kai answered, a hint of pleading in his voice.

 

“Tell me where and I’ll be there,” Jen said, already pulling on a coat so she could get ready to head out the door.

 

“The coffee shop nearest your house,” Kai said before hanging up the phone.

 

---

 

Jen walked into the coffee shop closest to her house and looked around for any sign of Kai but… nothing.

 

‘Where is he?’ she thought with a slight pout adorning her face as she scanned the faces of those sitting in the café until she landed upon a face that looked fairly familiar but the facemask and sunglasses made it hard for her to be sure.

 

“Hello…” Jen said shyly as she approached the stranger’s table. She figured it couldn’t hurt to see whether it was him or not.

 

The stranger looked up from his phone and peeled back his facemask, revealing him to really be Kai.

 

“You’re here…” Kai breathed.

 

“You seem surprised… I told you I would come,” Jen assured with a small smile and sat down across from him.

 

He sighed and glanced back down at his phone. “I saw what they said about you and I just thought-,”

 

“Stop,” Jen said, interrupting him mid-sentence, “I don’t care what they say about me… the real person who is struggling is you.”

 

Kai didn’t say anything after that for an almost unbearably long time before slowly drawing a shaky breath. “I feel as if I’m dying inside, Jen. It’s as if I’m alive somehow yet my heart is frozen still. I’m cold… I’m so cold inside that it h-hurts.”

 

“Kai…” Jen began softly.

 

“And what’s more is that I can’t even be with the girl I’m falling for without burdening her,” Kai continued, his voice cracking every so often.

 

“You’re not alone in this,” Jen promised and held his hands over the table, “No matter what they say about me, I’m going to stick by you through to the end… I promise. I won’t let them drive me away from you.”

 

“You won’t… leave me?” Kai asked softly, his voice having a glimmer of shock.

 

“Never,” Jen guaranteed with a gentle squeezing of his hands and a small smile.

 

“I want to show you something,” Kai said and slipped his hands out of her grip only to grab her hands instead and led her out of the coffee shop.

 

The two walked down the street in complete silence – no words were really needed. The silence said it all. The heat between their intertwined hands contrasted the cold feeling inside Kai’s heart but it was slowly warming… warming thanks to Jen’s pure, loyal love.

 

“This,” Kai said with they arrived at a gazebo decorated with colorful twinkling lights and sat in the perfect view of the bright full moon. Lets just say… it was practically a scene out of a fairytale yet Jen was no princess and Kai definitely wasn’t your typical “perfect prince” – but they were happy with one another and in the end, that’s what truly matters.

 

Love is what truly matters.

 

“It’s… how did you do all this?” Jen questioned in awe of the beautiful scenery.

 

“I didn’t even hire anyone to do it either,” Kai said with an awkward chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand.

 

“That makes it even more special,” Jen said with tears in the corners of her eyes.

 

“Y-Yah! Why are you crying?” Kai sputtered in confusion as he looked at her.

 

“They’re tears of happiness, pabo,” Jen said and nudged him playfully before wiping her eyes.

 

“Oh…” Kai muttered almost inaudibly and led her into the gazebo. She took a seat on the bench inside the gazebo while Kai kneeled down in front of her.

 

“What are you-,” Jen began, her eyes widening with each second.

 

“It’s okay… I’m not proposing just yet,” Kai smirked slightly and pulled a small red box out of his pocket, “but… I do have something I want you to have.”

 

He gave her the box and watched intently as she opened it. ‘I hope she-,’ he began to think until Jen’s voice interrupted his thoughts.

 

“Oh… Kai, it’s absolutely gorgeous!” Jen gasped when she opened the box. It was charm bracelet with charms with their initials and other symbols revolving around the theme of love.

 

“It’s nothing compared to what you’ve given me,” Kai responded with a slight blush.

 

His blush, however, was microscopic when compared to that of Jen’s whose entire face was beet red.

 

“Yah… hajima,” Jen said shyly and turned her head away.

 

“No, I have to finish what I’ve started…” Kai said as he gently turned her head to face him, “to do what I’ve been wanting to do for a long time…”

 

He edged closer to her and slowly leaned in, closing the distance between her lips and his until finally… they met in the middle. A sweet kiss, a loving kiss, their first kiss… and it was the most meaningful kiss either of them had ever experienced.