The Naughty Little Girl

Running Out of Reasons

(Taemin)

7:30 pm.

I realize I’ve been sleeping like dead for three hours straight. It’s late and we should be having our dinner by now, but Rae In decided not to wake me up. She’s probably in the kitchen, or in the living area watching some movies by herself.

Since we came home from that seafood restaurant this afternoon, her mood has been a bit low. She’s not that hyper and there will always be an awkward silence between the two of us. I hope she gains the mood back by being alone because I literally just lied unconscious here for several hours.

“Rae In?” I call while walking out of the room. The house is dimmed. Some of the lights are switched off. She normally likes a fully lighted living area so I wonder what’s up with her again right now. “Rae In, you should wake me up for di-“ I pause when I realize I’m actually talking to no one. I reach the kitchen and she’s not there. I’m not feeling good about this…

“Rae In?? Song Rae In?” I half run to the bathroom, then to the Jacuzzi, then to the laundry area just at the kitchen extension though it will be too weird for her to be doing the laundry by this time. I check at the seaside, maybe she’s taking a walk. However, she’s still not there.

“You didn’t go to that party, seriously.” I whisper to myself but I won’t lie about it, there’s a high chance that she really is there at this moment. My fault I should have taken those tickets from her, rip them apart, and throw them away so she won’t be able to go there no matter how she insists.

And there it goes, the other ticket placed on the coffee table near the sofa. She took the other ticket and went there, now I’m very sure of it.

I just decided that I should call her, but as soon as I dialed her number, I heard it ringing from the room. Damn, she didn’t bring her phone.

Wait, does she expect me to wake up so late that I won’t be able to figure out that she went there?

Song Rae In is making me angry, really. She should not go there when I say so.

Now, I change into a pair of shorts and gray sleeveless shirt. I’m going there to pick her up, not to party with any of them.

I’m still few meters from where the party is being held but I can already hear the loudness of the people. They literally occupy such wide space of that part of the beach. The place is the side Rae In and I always look at from the house every morning. So many people are hanging out together and they really look like they know each other so much. All of them seem to be close with each other.

I only raise my ticket and the guy at the entrance just nods with a smile.

It’s so noisy. People are shouting while talking, all of them have either wines or hard drinks on their hands. The crowd is too chaotic, how will I be able to find her here?

I just need to find any of the three girls we had a conversation with earlier, or that guy they pointed out as the sponsor of this party. For sure they know where she is.

Or maybe I can find her myself? All people here are on their swimsuits. Some of them obviously just got out of the water. Of course, the one who wears the least revealing or rather the most covered clothes here will be her.

But there’s no one. Clearly all the people here are the same.

It’s possible that Rae In is just fooling around. Maybe she really isn’t here, and that she’s just playing hide and seek around the house. I should go back.

“Wait there!” I pause and turn back to see that one of those girls from earlier saw me and is now walking towards me. I wait until she’s closer. “I thought you’re not coming!”

“I’m sorry, I have to go.” I say for I don’t really have time for this.

“Woah, why, don’t you want to have fun with your wife?” She cackles but it sounds like a shriek. I know she’s a bit tipsy. She’s holding brandy and I can guess that’s not her first glass. “You know what, I didn’t know high schoolers can enjoy this kind of party! She’s really having so much fun!”

So she’s really here.

“Where is she?” I ask in an irritating voice. She frowns a bit, but later on clings to me and laughs annoyingly again.

“Well, right now, your wife is enjoying her time with Mike. That boy really likes your wife. He has never left her side since the moment she arrived. That dude has some eyes for cuties.” She sighs before she continues. She really smells like alcohol now. “But I have to praise her for that body. I thought she has a body of a 12 year old but man, that small body really has the curves!!”

“What are you saying?!”

“There you go, Rainieee!!!!” She shouts and waves her hand in such a large motion.

Then as if the crowd has suddenly divided into two, the empty path leads to my wife, who doesn’t really look like Song Rae In. That’s another person out there that just looks like her.

But she’s wearing the same dreamy smile, the same innocent but already tipsy expression – and most of all, she’s wearing that same two-piece bikini my mom has bought for her.

At that moment she blends with them, not different, but standing out ily.

“Hey, are you okay??” The tipsy blonde girl says beside me, and I realize that I just got frozen on where I’m standing.

And I really can’t tell anyone that I’m like this because this is the first time that I see that much of her skin, right? The worse – these people saw her body first than I did.

She stares at me from that distance and then frowns. I can tell she’s really tipsy – or drunk. Now, the man beside her is getting on my nerves. He’s smirking at me as if he has scored on my wife already!

“There! There you go, my husband!” Rae In announces loudly while I take huge steps towards her. She’s laughing and dancing along to music. She has really gone out of her mind. “Oh, come here, my love…” She says and wraps an arm around my shoulder. I flinch with the sudden contact against her bare skin.

Her tummy is so flat and the rest of the parts of her body are proportionate to each other. I never realized until now that she is really fair skinned. Her s are curved in such a way that they really look….

What the hell, Lee Tae Min, this is not the right time to think about it!!

“Guys, guys, let me introduce my husband!” Suddenly, she talks like a real party girl. “This is Lee Tae Min, a doctor, but unfortunately, I never turn him on!”

Oh my Gosh.

People laugh. I am embarrassed.

“Wa-wa-wait! But he likes girls!!!!! He aced all of them well! And he likes red bikinis… so love, what do you think about this?” She suddenly spreads her arms and accidentally, I have a full view of her body. I am distracted but I should win.

“We should go.” I maintain my calmness. I’ll break this tomorrow with her when she’s not drunk anymore, and we’re not coming back here nor going out of the house because of this embarrassment she has caused me.

“Dude, she’s still having fun!” The guy whose name is Mike speaks.

“Is she on drugs?” I say straightly, but he raises his hands defensively.

“Oh no, we play clean here!” He says cutting me out. “She’s just drunk. I think she doesn’t drink too much so she’s just like that. Have you, two, gotten into a fight? She holds a pretty huge grudge against you, dude. You don’t touch her? Poor kid, but I can volunteer for your place. She’s a real hottie.”

“Shut up!” I yelled and he only laughs while still holding both his hands up. I have to take off my shirt and put it on to her so I’ll be more comfortable in guiding her back to the house. But she refuses irritatingly. “Rae In, we should go, you’re drunk!”

“At least guys here appreciate me more than you do! They like me in this bikini, Taemin~”

That’s when I hold her firmly on both her arms and in the middle of the crowd, pulls her closer for a kiss.

An aggressive kiss, something which makes the people around us cheer and go hyper. I kiss her in front of everyone just to show her that I appreciate her, she just misunderstood my respect. I kiss her like I’m gonna make out with her in front of everyone. I kiss her that soon enough she’s gonna beg for me to do even more than that.

When I stop, I look at her, and this naughty girl even smiles sheepishly at me, before finally collapsing in my arms.