The Sweetest Dream

Running Out of Reasons

A/N: Realized the previous chapter was a bit short so here, a longer one for all of you! WARNING: So fluffy you may want to run away and hit me with your laptop or desktop computer at worst. LOL.


“Miie?”

I am drawn back to reality when Dannie calls me. We are in her room, on her bed, and I believe she was talking about some things they did in school before I completely spaced out. “Oh – yeah?” I’m trying to look like I heard everything and that I am with her in that conversation, but I know she does not buy it.

She pouts but smiles lovingly. “I know you’re not listening.” She says and I blush in embarrassment, ashamed that my daughter knows I was in a different world just a while ago. “Are you thinking about daddy?”

What? How does she know that? Does she notice anything? I mean, everything? Aah, I forgot Dannie is such an intelligent girl. She takes her habit of being observant from her mother. I remember how Danmi never failed to know when something was wrong with me before. I could not hide anything from that friend of mine for she just knew how to notice and realize every single thing.

“A bit.” I decide not to lie, but I think I should not tell her everything as well. After all, she is still young, and though she might know a lot of things, there are still those that she can’t understand at her age.

“Then go back to your room and talk to him.” She says with her most serious expression showing it with her sparkling eyes. I am a bit taken aback by her response. She seems to know more than I thought she knows. “If it’s about the lady last night then don’t worry…” Her smile grows wider. “I’m sure daddy loves you way more than her.”

Actually, Dannie, it was just my only worry at first, but after what happened just few hours ago, I have more conflicting thoughts running in my head right now. I can’t even explain this to you. Gosh, Danmi, this time I really can’t help but miss you and your presence.

“You know what babe? I promise to tell you all of these things in my head right now once you’re ready to understand them all.” I caress her hair as she leans on my chest and closes her eyes. This is so sweet of her.

“I’ll grow fast, mommy, so you will be able to tell me all your worries.” Then she looks up, smiles again and continues, “But daddy can understand you right now.”

“I know.” I say vaguely, not even sure what to add. Will he understand me? I don’t even understand him. I don’t even understand what we have. I don’t even understand why I’m thinking about him in this way. I don’t even understand what’s happening.

Eventually, she falls asleep in my arms. I place her head gently on the pillow making sure she is comfortable. Fixing up her blanket on her, I’m thinking if I should stay here tonight or should I go clear it out with him.

What’s there to clear with him anyway? I am so confused, and this is killing me.

However, I gather all my courage and stand up, deciding that I need to go there. I can’t run away from Taemin. And now, thinking about it, I agreed to this deal, so along with it are a lot of twist and turns. Why did I not realize that this won’t be as easy as what I thought it is? After all, a relationship with a guy, no matter what it is, is always complicated. Let’s not even mention Lee Taemin on it for he is surely a man with more chaotic personality.

Minutes later, I found myself standing in front of the closed door. I am staring at it as if waiting for the door to open on itself. Or maybe I’m expecting to have some mind power that I can open it using some mantra? I’m really going crazy over here.

Fine. Fine. Fine. Let’s get this done, Rae In. Sure you agreed to this. You are his woman now as what he says, and you are his, but you need to exactly know what he meant by that. You’re his? At to what extent? How far will you exactly go?

Oh no, I sound like a ert. But really, when he said he will make me mine, does he mean….

Please, I have no experience with it.

But the kiss, I remember it again, and the softness of his lips is unbelievable. I have never imagined myself feeling this way because of Lee Taemin. Now I understand why he can sway a lot of girls. He really has the skill to do it.

So, did I just admit it? That he successfully swayed me? Who wouldn’t? If anyone else right now would try kissing him, I swear she would get the same feeling, but hey, I do not allow someone else kissing him! But does being his possession comes with the agreement that he is mine as well? Can it be a mutual agreement?

Though he sounds like he only wants to manipulate me. Oh yeah, specifically, he wants to play with me. So that may mean I have no right to own him because after all, this is just a game he wants to play. Because we’re in a deal where it’s prohibited for him to flirt with other girls, so he thinks it’s useful to use me – yeah, redundancy not intended.

But am I ready to give away my body for someone to play with?

Oh my Gosh, what was I thinking? I’ve gone nuts, okay, let’s do this!

Slowly, I open the door. Acting like I’m not thinking of something so problematic in particular, I walk in so confidently.

Only to realize that the man I am scared of facing is actually there, sleeping on the bed. I don’t know if I should feel relieved or disappointed. After telling me all sorts of stuff like wanting to play with me, wanting me to treat him better, wanting to make me his, and now he didn’t even wait for me and just doze off like that? I can only roll my eyes on this guy, seriously, why did I expect so much anyway? As if he’s the serious deal. Psh.

I decide to just sit on the couch for a while, place my feet up on the table in front of it and lean back to look at the ceiling. It’s the same dim light which used to welcome me on my first day here. Now, this room is getting more and more familiar. The colors, the temperature, the smell, but the man over there, he’s complicated that I really don’t want to think about anything related to him right now.

I can feel myself starting to fall asleep until then, I found myself in a dream. A dream that looks like a real one, but it feels so good that I can sense it’s just a dream.

Suddenly, he’s sitting beside me on the couch, looking at me. “What took you so long?” He asks gently to which I only smile. After all, he is still waiting for me.

“Had to make the child fall asleep first.”

“Why are you sleeping here?”

“Why are you still awake?” I ask back.

“I’m waiting for you, obviously.” He says and shrugs his shoulders as I see him with that faint and sleepy smile. “Let’s sleep.” He invites to which I only nod though I don’t move an inch.

Then I feel him tugging me out of the bed carrying me bridal style. I wrap my arms around his neck and rests my head on his chest as he walks back to the bed. I am really sleepy and his comforting embrace makes me want to sleep even deeper.

Soon I felt my back touching the soft bedsheet. He places me there carefully and lies beside me so silently. He pulls me closer, embracing me again as I lie on his chest. I look like Dannie when she leaned on me on her sleep just a while ago. I look like the opposite me. Someone who thought that could never be tamed by someone else, feels actually so weak and dependent towards the guy beside her. It’s Taemin, as in “taming” me.

He nuzzles on my hair and I lean even closer, my nose already touching the upper part of his chest. This feels relaxing and natural. Actually, I’m surprised by the warmth his body could give me. It’s not even that cold but I feel like cuddling with him like this to feel more comfortable.

Now I can feel his hand travelling on my back, sending me voltage of electricity that makes me want to wake up and see if this is for real. But what if I wake up and realize that he’s not really in here beside me?

At my back just beside my armpit his hand stays and the touch brings me this ticklish sensation. I moan softly and feels how his chest rises and falls a bit intensively.

“Stop it.” He commands, but I’m confused what has to be stopped. What does he want me to stop? I moan again as I could not say anything at all.

“I said stop it.” He says even stronger than the first command.

Stop what?

His other hand goes to my chin and lifts it up for my lips to meet his. I can feel it again, his soft lips pressing against mine. But unlike the first kiss when I was awake, this kiss feels more intimate and sincere. Perhaps it’s because my dream is portraying him as a good man. I can feel myself smiling the moment he retreats and in between my closed eyes, I can see him staring back at me.

What kind of dream is as good as this?

“I won’t do anything else just because I don’t want you to accuse me of you as soon as you wake up.” He says playfully as he brings me back on his chest, hugging me even tighter so I could feel his body even more against mine.

His words sound so funny, but it makes me disappointed that this situation only exists in my dream. If this is true, then maybe we would be more than this.

It’s like I can’t control my mind. It keeps on wanting Taemin to stay closest to me. I realize how hard I’m starting to fall for him and it’s unstoppable.

When you fall, you won’t be able to get hold of anything to stop you. The fall just gets deeper and deeper until you hit the ground or someone catches you. It’s good if it’s the second one, but if you end up hitting the ground then imagine how broken you will be. For sure your body, with your heart, are scattered into pieces, and because you’re wounded, you won’t have any strength to collect them back to you. That’s how difficult I view love as. It’s a very complicated matter, and when you love, it means giving everything away without even expecting something back.

Because loving, though it’s hard and complicated, and suffocating at times, it is comforting and could bring you happiness nothing else would provide. Loving is like stabbing yourself with a dagger brought by someone else. You hurt yourself, but the pain and the wound brings you pleasure you could not even explain. Love is the pain you would rather choose to have.

And this painful yet wonderful feeling, I have it right now.

I could not remember anything else after that. Maybe I have fallen into a really deep sleep that my dream has stopped.

“Rae In-ah.” I hear his voice calling me out so I gently open my eyes.

It’s morning and I’m on my bed still cuddling with the pillow and blanket. He is standing beside the bed looking down on me as he wakes me up. There’s a towel on his shoulder. He’s probably preparing to take a bath.

“What time is it?” I say while rubbing my eyes.

“6. Dannie’s awake. Don’t you need to make her some breakfast?”

“Right.” I remember and slowly moves to help myself rise up.

“Had a good sleep?” He asks to which I smile and nods.

“I had a good dream.” It was you and me. As I sit up, my eyes directed on the couch. Isn’t that where I slept last night? Why am I on the bed? Who brought…

“How good is your dream? I’m curious.” When I look back at Taemin, I see that naughty and playful smile on his face.

“How did I get on this bed?!” I ask in panic. It’s rather dangerous to ask him if I was just dreaming last night or it was true. What if it’s indeed a dream and he asks me to tell the details to him? He will end up forcing me to tell him and what happened in the car yesterday will probably be repeated.

Oh, but don’t I like the idea?

Hey! But that’s still embarrassing! Isn’t it enough that you almost had a wet dream with him?!

He shrugs his shoulders, chuckles and starts walking towards the bathroom. I quickly hop off the bed to follow him. “Hey, Taemin, tell me. I remember I was sleeping on the couch last night!” I say desperately.

“Maybe you crawled yourself up to the bed.” He teases.

“I don’t sleep walk!” I say defensively and he stops to look at me again.

Smirking, he sighs. “You don’t remember anything from last night, do you?”

“What?!” I bite my lips automatically in frustration. He sees it so he pulls me to him by my waist and makes sure I have no strength to get myself back.

“There are two or more things you do that put you into danger.” He says with his alarming smile. “Want me to tell the first two to you?”

Nervous, I nod.

“One is , the other one is biting your lip.” As soon as he says that, his head leans in to kiss me.

His lips now feel even more familiar. Then maybe…

“It will be nice of you to remember everything. I’ll be happy.” He says intimately as he releases me.

I only follow him with my sight. My mind spacing out and my heart in its fastest heartbeat. At the doorway of the bathroom he pauses again and looks back at me. “In case you are forgetting, I’ll just remind you that you’re mine.” Winking at me, he proceeds inside and I could feel my cheeks burning.

It’s a not a dream. Oh my Gosh, it’s not. 


A/N: If anyone of you has the time to make this story a banner, I'd really appreciate it. I have no enough time to make one on my own and I don't have any good idea of some poster shop that could provide me a good one, so someone kind enough? Hahaha.