The Invitation

Running Out of Reasons

A/N: Early apologies for the lame construction of this chapter. I'm trying to get my attention back to both stories. Semestral break has started, anyways, so I may be updating quite more often since I'm free for like a month. >.< I promise to write better next update! Oh, and maybe I'm gonna try my luck soon on making a poster for this on my own (or if one of u who can spare time and create some cute poster for this then that's even better!) . :))


(Taemin)

I just realize that I never have any erted thoughts about her, so seeing a set of underwear that supposedly belongs to her weirdly shocked the hell out of me. I don’t know. I think it’s weird, too. I am not a – like that’s really obvious with the amount of ladies’ underwear she had seen in my unit. But right when I saw and imagined her in my mind with those pieces of undies – I got so embarrassed of myself – like I just committed a sin.

Like it was not okay to think about with her. Like it was a sin to think about naughty things with her. I, myself, can’t believe this. Just how many women have I slept with for me to still act so sensitive about it?

Yet again, I realize. It is her. It’s Rae In, and not the other women. She’s different, she’s the most precious one. Maybe that’s why the reaction was very different.

Honestly, though I may sound like a hypocrite on this, I don’t want her to wear that. Granted that it was given by mom, I’d rather have my mom disappointed than have her force herself to wear something she might feel uncomfortable in. Knowing Song Rae In, she is definitely not the type to go out flaunting her body with that outfit. She’s not that type of girl, and she’s not going to be like that just because someone handed her such kind of gift.

And I saw her reaction, too. She even felt awkward when I held those. At first, I thought conservative women were hard to deal with. They are so sensitive and I think they just don’t show themselves off because they’re not proud of themselves. But now, I think it’s really wonderful. It’s like a miracle for me to be attached to a woman with a conservative mind. I love that about her. I love how she’s always conscious of being proper and wholesome.

Yeah, I know, it might really sound weird coming from me, but really, that’s the truth.

Now I wonder, does she guard herself from me as well? I know she once saw me as a ert man who makes out with anyone he has the interest with. I may not realize it, but does she try to protect herself from me? I hope not. I hope she finally realized that I treat her very differently, because I love her, and I don’t want to disrespect her.

It seems that she has already forgotten about that awkward moment a while ago as she is very hyper while making the breakfast. There’s a music player on the living area and she turned it on to some party music, perfect for a sunny day in Brazil.

I walk toward the living area and I can still her from there. She keeps bobbing her head to the music. Rae In knows how to enjoy herself. I just stand there looking at her, thinking how childlike she is – very different than the past women I knew. She acts like she’s still in the middle of her teenage years, but when we argue or when she orders me for something, she seems like she’s older than me by years.

Hours have passed by so quickly and she is very hyper while we catch a lobster from the huge aquarium in that seafood restaurant. She keeps on laughing as the lobster kept on escaping at first. I see several men looking at her with enthusiasm, as if they are delighted by how cheerful she sounds.

Ah, I know this type of guys. They are the ones who think that cute girls are easy victims, and they are not wavered even if the girl they like is with her boyfriend or in our case, her husband. These people should not play the game I used to enjoy.

But really, though, she stands out in this place. Other women wear some revealing outfit while she wears something only kids would wear in this place. That’s what makes her an attention getter. That’s the trend – the ones who seem to be more unfamiliar and unique will always get the eyes from all the people.

“Hi.”

I was busy looking at those guys who obviously show direct interest to Rae In that I haven’t noticed some girls walking on our area. Three blonde girls just approach us, all looking at me. Honestly, though, I also know what these girls are up to, and I can sense Rae In knows it, too, though she smiles and acts like she’s being friendly.

“Hello.” I greet back politely.

“On vacation? Where are you from?”

“Korea.” I answer again with a smile as I secretly glance over Rae In checking if she is starting to change her mood on the sudden unwanted conversation with the females whose chests are almost all bared.

“Nice. Your little sister’s so cute. We hear her laughing over some lobsters a while ago.”

That’s the cue. Rae In’s smiling face turns blank, then her eyebrows start meeting in the middle as she frowns. She never looks on the females’ direction. Rae In only looks down and suppresses her mood.

“Actually…” Trying to calm her down and make her feel better, I pull her closer to me and wrap an arm around her waist. “She’s my wife.”

The three girls look at each other weirdly as they exchange glances. They look confused until one speaks again, “Your wife??? But… isn’t she a minor?”  

“I’m 23.” She speaks almost flatly.

“You’re… you’re even older than me? I’m just 20.”

I can notice the surprise in Rae In’s expression, too. She looks at the girl in front of her from head to toe, like judging her. Rae In swallows when her eyes reach on the girl’s chest, then I see her looking at her own, even unconsciously touching them. It’s obvious. My wife is comparing herself to these women in front of her, and I can sense that soon enough, she’s going to feel bad about it.

“He’s married, girls. Off limits.” One of them whispered to the other two, and they nod in disappointment. However, I notice the three of them giving her the dirty looks before leaving the two of us alone again.

To my surprise, the women in this area came first to me before those bunch of erted guys approach Rae In. Maybe they already realize a bit earlier that this girl is mine.

“Rae In, forget them, please?” I break out to tell since I can’t stand her silence anymore. She is being quiet all throughout our meal. It’s supposed to be an exciting lunch, but the girls from a while ago just ruined her mood, and I’m really trying hard to take it back.

“Do I really look like your little sister?” She asks when she looks up to meet my eyes.

“You just look so young, that’s why they said that. Isn’t that a compliment? You look like my little sister, which means you’re baby faced. You’re cute.”

“Yeah, right.” She says flatly, obviously not convinced, which only left me sighing.

“Come on, Rae In, don’t ruin your day just because of them, okay?”

She nods, forces a smile and continues eating. I know settling it with her won’t work anymore. Somehow, girls are the same when it comes to this part – comparing themselves to other girls. Guys do that, too, of course, but girls tend to see it as a bigger deal.

Although at times, Rae In acts like she doesn’t care about other girls, I don’t think it’s totally that way. She’s different from them in a very good way, but I don’t know how she thinks about it.

We are about to finish our meal – not as good as how I planned it to be – when suddenly, the same three girls went back to our table. One of them places something that seem to be a pair of tickets on our table. “You must be on your honeymoon, but why don’t you try hanging out with us for a while? There’s a beach party later sponsored by that cutie.” She points at one guy who playfully salutes at me. I only nod. “It’s fun. Your wife might enjoy it.” She says and the two other start giggling. They leave right away after giving those.

“We’re not going there, don’t worry. I’m not interested.”

“We are.” She announces, which leaves me with a surprised look. Does she mean we’re going there?

“You won’t enjoy it, Rae In.” I insist. “It’s a wild party, and you can’t leave unless you’re drunk already. People there are so good at that.”

“That sounds fun!” Rae In answers as if she’s very excited.

She’s unbelievable. I can’t figure out where she’s heading with this. Are we fighting again? “Rae In, we have so many better things to do than hang out with them. How about we go swimming tonight?”

“Let’s try that party out.” Her mind doesn’t change at all. She still wants to go for it. “I’m taking these tickets.” Finally she stand up, takes the tickets with her and walks out of the restaurant.

I am not going to allow her, though. We are not going there.