The Way I Want Us To Be

Running Out of Reasons

“Hey, why do you keep looking outside?” Taemin asks and I realize I look like a criminal hiding from the authorities. I chuckle awkwardly and sit properly beside him as he drives.

“Just wondering if they are still following us.” I say.

“Who?”

“The spies.” I answer and he frowns. “You said you are being followed by the spies so you picked me up.” I remind him but Taemin even frowns at me, as if he doesn’t know what I’m saying. “Didn’t you?”

“Did I say anything?” Taemin asks. From the sound of his voice, I’m getting that he’s starting to be more irritated. “I never said anything about spy. You were the one who opened it up a while ago.” He says and I notice him changing the gear and holding on the steering wheel a bit tighter that we suddenly starts speeding up.

“Are you okay?” I ask. He was in a light mood a while ago but now he looks like something just made him disappointed. Maybe he’s speeding up because he wants to get away with this spies.

“Why weren’t you talking to me?” He completely changes the topic and asks me something I am not expecting to hear.

“Huh?” As if I didn’t hear what he just said, I act like I become a deaf person. Seriously, I’m still thinking what to tell him.

“You stopped talking to me upon reaching the house last night. I want to hear why.” He speaks again without looking at me. Eyes set on the road.

“Uhmm…” Will I really say it or will I make some petty excuses? What excuse? Wow, Lee Taemin completely gets me off guard now I am not really prepared to reason out.

“What?” Taemin glances at me quickly, waiting for my response.

“It was because…” I hate to disclose this to him, really, do I need to do this? Why can’t he just let this pass? I am talking to him now anyways, “Do you still need to know?”

“Should I not know?” He asks me funnily, and again I feel like I want to burry myself under the ground.

“WHY, TAEMIN, WHY?!”

Opps. That was supposed to be said in my mind only, why did I shout it?! I’m so stupid!

“Yah! Stop it!” Taemin immediately gets hold of my hand, too, making me realize that I am stupidly hurting my forehead. “Can you just tell me what’s up with you?”

“Promise you won’t laugh?” A tamed Rae In appeared and I swear to heaven and Earth that I will never act like this if I am in my right thinking. Right now, I’m just embarrassed of myself, and really want to go out of here. “Fine. It was because of what I said last night.” I say closing my eyes. Okay, here we go, my doomsday.

“You said?” Taemin raises an eyebrows and looks at me quickly again. “What was that?”

“That girl. She said something about….”

“About what? Come on, stop making me frustrated.”

“About playing with you on bed.” I bite my lower lip. This is so hard, I am gonna melt myself in embarrassment. Seriously, he has to understand, I am not really used on talking about this.

“And?” I think Taemin is starting to figure out what I’m saying as he starts to smile teasingly as he look on the road. His arms start to relax and our speed starts to slow down.

“What I replied to that is a bit…”

“I can’t remember what you said…” Taemin says trying to be innocent but I definitely know he’s not. Really, Lee Taemin cannot fool me. I know him. I know him very well from head to toe.

“You do. You just want me to repeat what I said.”

“Then what was it?” He asks again, making me frustrated this time.

“Nevermind. I told you why I was not talking to you last night. Now that I’ve said it, there’s no point going on with that topic – ohh!” I was surprised when he turned left and stops the car on the side. “Yah! What are you – yah!”

He unfastens his seatbelt and towers on me, making me force my back against my seat. I should lean as far as I could, or else we would switch faces. “Tell me, or I’ll kiss you.”

WHAT THE HELL

“Yah!”

“One.” He warns. “I’ll count to three.”

YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH. I don’t know. Oh my gosh.

“Two.” He adds.

“That the times you did it with her is way lesser than the countless time we did it!” I say out of frustration. Really, I could die here now.

“Three.”

I feel his lips pressing against mine.

He kisses me.

He is kissing me.

He is still kissing me.

I found myself responding to his kiss.

I am kissing him back.

What the hell, I’m kissing him.

Why are we not stopping?

How long will this kiss last?

My mind is starting to go blank.

His kiss seems to be taking all my energy.

No, wait, why is he… oh.

I could taste his tongue.

I never imagine this to feel this great.

Oh, my…

He slowly lets go and I could see the smile on his lips.

Oh those lips, they were one with mine just milliseconds ago.

“What do you think about being my woman?” He asks during the time when I’m not in my strength to say no.

Obviously, I nod.

“I-is this about…”

“The spies?” Taemin nods. “I can’t do serious acting, Rae In, unless we become a couple for real. So for real, I’ll make you mine.” This is Lee Taemin being the Taemin that he is.

His playful, dominating, naughty, and controlling aura… it’s what I was afraid of.

“I won’t allow you to be the bad girl you are. I’ve had enough of it already. It’s time for you to treat me better, don’t you think so? Like treat me good for real.”

The sound of his voice makes me want to cry. I am scared. I am not comfortable of this feeling. I am… his?

“If you want to keep Dannie with us then you need to be mine, or else they will discover the truth… and besides…” He slowly caresses my hair and tucks them behind my ears. “Marrying you forbids me to play with other girls. You’re not bad, afterall.”

I could slap him right now.

I could shout at his face right now and leave his car and run away.

I’m scared. I don’t like him to have this kind of authority over me. I hated this kind of Taemin. I hated how he just told me he wants to play with me.

But despite hating it, I think I’m being impossible because I like it, too.

The idea of being his, I don’t know why it feels so great.

And the kiss…. I want it again.

And everything between us... why did it suddenly change?


A/N: LOL. Where am I going with this story?