Eleven

Every 12th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris had an iron will, and a clear plan of what he's going to do when he goes out. He's going to trace the path that Luhan always takes when he jogs, and maybe find anything helpful there. However, as he walks, his mind was clouded with obscure thoughts. What can he possibly find? The police have done this before, but it led to nothing. He even doubted himself, is he only doing this to look good, so people will say he's a responsible leader? And that was when he heard his name. 

"KRIS!" Someone shouted behind him.

He knew who it was, it was someone who would stop this silly idea of him. He freezes on his spot, and he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Let's get you home." A not so familiar guy tells him, and he looks past him, and sees more of the security team.

 

He received such a warm welcome from the managers, by warm, that includes heated arguments, and lots of scolding. 

Kris sat on his bed, while the two managers stood before him, after locking the door.

Their speech started from repeatedly asking-slash-nagging Kris why he went out, when the first unspoken rule is to never go out alone. Then it continues on to them, reminding Kris that he is a leader, who sets good examples to his dongsaengs.

"You are the last person who should break the rules." M's manager says.

And that did it for Kris, it's his turn to speak now. It's all clear to him, he's not doing this to avoid people's criticism.

"Hyung. As a leader, do you expect me to sit around here bored to death, while two of my brothers are out there, probably trying to barely survive."

The managers get where Kris is coming from, they're on the same boat, afterall. But what Kris did was something, they're against at. 

"Going out there alone, isn't helping." K's manager reprimanded him.

"You're not making it easier on any of us." M's manager added.

"Neither is Harry Lee." Kris said, his voice slightly lower.

Both managers looked at him, not sure if they heard it right.

"I feel that Harry Lee isn't doing enough." Kris looks up at them.

"What do you mean?"

"What?" They asked him.

"It's been two years since Minseok disappeared, and another member was taken already, but he's still on step one."

They didn't know what to say, the chinese leader had a point, a meaningful one, to be precise.

"It's not just him. All of you are forgetting Minseok." He said, almost whispering. "We are losing hope, believing Minseok isn't alive. We're wasting time. Can we not do this? Every second since Minseok disappeared, is important. Who knows right this very minute, they might be breathing their last. Let's not do this again to Minseok, and not to Luhan, too. Let's not rely on Lu's phone calls, let's do more than that, can't we?"

 

Silence enveloped them for a few seconds, all of them thinking about what Kris is saying. With a sigh and a nod, K's manager "We can, and we will." He took a step closer to Kris, and squeezed his shoulder.

As for M's manager, he said nothing and headed straight out of the room, hanging his head low, on the verge of crying. K's manager followed, already thinking of what to do first. Through Kris, both managers went to a point of realization. 

Kris was only left alone for a mere second, because when the door was shut, it burst open again, revealing his noisy members, who no doubt, were sticking their ears on the door to eavesdrop.

They filled the room, bombarding Kris with complains and questions.

And of course, the phrase "We were scolded!" will never be forgotten by the immature boys.

"Keep it down!" Kris had more than enough of the noise pollution, and he did what most of them do to make them shut it, scream.

"Where did you go?" Kyungsoo realized that his question was a little late, so his last words were softer.

Kris looks at the the small boy, and sighs. "To find clues. To find anything. The guilt is killing me big time."

He turns to Yixing, "And with Yixing yawning with his worried face," 

Then to Baekhyun, "Baekhyun acting like a different person."

He raises his brow to turn to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, "Chanyeol acting really immature, and Kyungsoo loving to pick fights. It makes me feel worse. What are we doing? Can't we be one, like we used to?"

Kris scans the crowd around him, everyone was looking down.

"Let's bring back Baozi and Lu." Kris says, reluctantly stretching out his hands.

Baekhyun lifts his eyes, and notices Kris' hand, he places his hand on top of Kris' large hand, and slowly, the members did the same.

"Let's bring them back! 1 2 3," Kris starts when everyone's in.

"We are one!" They shouted, regai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter