Eight

Every 12th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan hid in a dark closet, sweat rolling down his white skin, as he let out deep sighs, trying to catch his breath. This place he is hiding, isn't anywhere safe. Luhan knows he will be found out any minute now. And when heard his name, he knew he's dead. He sees the man through the cracks on the closet's door. Knowing what's next, he closed his eyes, praying hard. But it wasn't granted, when the closet door opened, revealing the man, standing, an evil smirk painted on his face, making Luhan think it'll be the end of him. 

"Luhan," he says smiling creepily, sending shivers down the idol's spine.

But, a part of his prayer worked. The man took him by the collar, and dragged him down the stairs and into the room he is very familiar with. 

"Why do you disobey me like that?" He said as he threw the boy on the floor. "Don't make it hard for yourself." He kicks Luhan, to lay on the floor. 

Having no decent meal, and being beaten for several times, Luhan couldn't fight him, he couldn't even stand. He lost much liquid, just from sweating, and he hasn't drank any water since the first one given to him. 

Luhan lays lifeless on the floor, staring blankly at the man, kicking him, countless times. Luhan groans with every kick he receives.

"You're not getting out of here, alive. Don't dare to fight back!"

 

-•-

"I don't think Tao is involved in any of these things." Jongdae says walking out of the kitchen, and sitting on the couch, next to Yixing, drinking a bottle of sparkling water.

As a fellow chinese member, Yixing repeatedly asked them if they doubt Tao, which he opposes, telling them how good Tao is, and what kind of person he is. And how Tao is innocent, and all that. He's been going on about it for a day already, and it's clearly annoying the other guys.

"He's still suspicious, no matter how you put it." Kyungsoo comments before standing up and going back to his room. On the contrary, Kyungsoo pushes Tao on the guilty side. 

Kris, who looks like he had just woken up, emerged from his room, standing infront of his door, drinking from a water bottle.

Apparently, Yixing is not done yet, and he sees Kris as his next target.

"Kris, do you believe Tao's guilty?" He asks from the couch.

Kris closes the water bottle, "You've asked me for the 10th time in hours. Yixing, knock it off already."

Disappointed, Yixing turns to him,

"I can't believe I'm hearing that from a fellow chinese member, Tao's bestfriend to be exact. How can I let you guys doubt Tao like that?" His usual droppy eyes widened, reflecting what he is really feeling.

"I just don't want to take any sides." Kris explained.

"But I'm not asking you to take sides. I'm just reminding you guys, that we can't neglect Tao like that. Let's say it's true, let's say Tao has got something to do with the abductor. We will let him take the punishment, but never neglect him."

Jongde shifts his gaze from the carpet, to Yixing. He has never heard him speak like that. Well, maybe not with him, because you can't really talk about serious things with Jongdae. He stares, deep in Yixing's eyes, and all he sees is sadness.

By instinct, some members came out of their room and heard Yixing say, "Let's not forget that, Tao has been suffering twice our pain since he came to Seoul." 

Sehun sits next to Yixing saying, "We know, hyung, we know."

It was true. If the korean trainees had a hard time, it was much harder for the foreign ones. Imagine leaving your family and country to chase a vague dream. You are considered lucky if you debuted and became successful, but if you don't, you lose everything. 

But for Tao, his pain is probably more than the other foreign trainees. The boy was only good at wushu and rapping, making him one of the coach's favorite. By favorite, that means, getting punished often. He has been shouted at for countless times, because he couldn't reach the note properly, or getting hit by a stick because you can't do such a simple popping. Tao has suffered really hard, but the young boy didn't give up. Because he has a certain dream, a dream he is now living.

Realizing what Yixing was trying to say, Jongdae let out a deep breath, "I don't believe Tao is involved. But if he really is, I'm sure he did it because he can't refuse."

Yixing looks at him, a flicker of hope visible in his eyes. Jongdae squeezes his shoulder, muttering a faint, "It's going to be fine." to the chinese dancer.

-•-

EXO members wearing uniform black suits gathered in the waiting room, behind the huge forum hall.

Baekhyun has arrived from the hospital, just several minutes ago. He sat on a corner, where s alternately sit beside him, asking if he's alright, and he j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter