Nine

Every 12th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun sat on the living room couch, tapping his phone on the arm rest. "Is Harry Lee, even working? Can't he track Luhan?"

"He already said he can't." Chanyeol says.

"Why not? Is he stupid? This phone ." He says before tossing his phone.

"Stupid maknae! Luhan only memorizes your number! " Kyungsoo yelled, snatching the phone in the air.

"Sehun, Harry Lee can only track it if he calls again. Stupid." Jongdae says.

"I'm not stupid."

"Oh yes you are." Kyungsoo smirked. Sehun automatically, hit Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kyungsoo, who was given Satansoo as a nickname, won't let that pass, so he hit him back.

"Dang it. Just stop!" I said. "Are you guys stupid enough to play like you're seven years old? Luhan just made a freaking phone call. Tao won't talk. And Harry Lee can't even find a lead. And everything's a mess right now. So just shut up!" Kris, who was sitting quietly on a bean bag, suddenly exploded.

Jongdae and Chanyeol lifted their faces off their phones, looking at their leader. Sehun and Kyungsoo froze, staring at him, too.

"Kris, go and take a rest." M's manager suggested, like nothing is wrong with Kris shouting like that. 

He guided Kris to his room, before shutting it behind him.

"Tao is currently in Mr. Lee's office. Don't get too worked up. You know these boys are immature, they just don't know how to act on a situation like this." He explained, hoping Kris would understand.

He didn't wait for an answer, and said, "Get some rest."

Kris sat on his bed, leaning on the wall, when he noticed Jongin and Yixing sleeping on Tao's bed. He threw a pillow to the two, waking them up, but not fully. Yixing sat down, trying to open his eyes.

"Why are you sleeping here?!" Kris growled.

"Joonmyun hyung won't let us turn on the aircon." Jongin answered, with his eyes closed.

"Ahhh." Yixing said, with his half lidded eyes.

"Are you on drugs?!" Kris, annoyed, asked Yixing.

"No, are you?" Yixing, still not fully aware he's awake, asked.

"Forget it." Kris gives up.

Sometimes, Yixing would clueless, and high. But he's not someone you can underestimate, and Kris knows that. He has this sleepy face, and he may answer you with 'huh' and 'oh' frequently, but at the back of his head, his brain is working, processing everything.

Kris lays down, toying with his phone, and realizing he ended up in his phone gallery, staring at Minseok's photo he had taken before. He never deleted their photos, he always made sure he has a picture of him in his phone. 

Kris smiles to himself, looking at the baozi faced man, he was too cute on Kris' opinion. Kris recalls how he loved to dance, and how he envied him, because the coach likes to always pick Minseok for special covers, and he was praised a lot. Unlike Kris, who really isn't into dancing.  

Kris looks around the room, and sees Yixing and Jongin back to dream land. Reflecting on what happened recently, he realized that everyone only cares about Luhan, now. They've totally forgotten Minseok. It's unjust to Kris. People -no- s specifically, shouldn't believe Minseok is dead, unless they see his cold body.

Kris will find Minseok, he will hold on to that. He's going to hug Minseok again, see him sing and dance like he used to. He'll do everything to bring him back.

-•-

After Tao's daily session with the psychologist, he was sent to Detective Lee's office, for interrogation, again.

"Tao, I never doubted you. Not even now. So whatever you'll tell me, I'll believe it. Tell me." Harry Lee says, sitting across Tao, his hands on the table. It's been a day, but Tao never talked, not even a word.

"Tao-ah." Harry Lee says, and Tao lifts his head and stared right into Harry's eyes. "Tell me.." He says, but Tao doesn't seem to care, he shifted his strong gaze to the window, staring at thin air.

"You can tell me if there's anything bothering you. You see, I'm better than the psychologist you see daily."

"I'm not mentally ill." He was still staring outside the window when he said his first sentence in days. 

"No, you really aren't." Harry assured him.

"Listen, kid. You have to talk. Tell us what you know." Out of frustration, Seunghyun, Harry's assistant, interrupted. They've been working nonstop for days but Tao won't just talk.

Tao stares up at him, with the same strong gaze he gives. Seeing this, Harry raised his left hand saying it's okay.

"Maybe Tao wants to rest, don't you, Tao?" Harry asked Tao, which he answered with a nod.

"Seunghyun, call his mana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter