=31=

My Dear Twin

===

Selina felt disgusted and sick as she felt him kiss the back of her head.

“You’re Selina aren’t you?”

Why was he changing so drastically? Shouldn’t he know who she was?

“You’re not Xuan, but Selina,” he seemed to say to himself as if assuring himself of the fact.

She felt him let go of her slowly. After being cooped up in his arms for what seemed like an hour Selina felt like screaming her lungs out.

“I’ll be back. I want to cook something delicious for you,” he said. “Selina…”

He pressed his finger to his lips as to quiet her from crying out. Selina glanced at him with her lips trembling in fear. Something about him seemed more than scary, if he was able lose himself so quickly anything unpredictable could happen. He closed the door after him and Selina felt relief knowing that she was finally alone. She slid off the bed as quietly as she could and locked the door. There had to be a way out. She looked around then recalled something. Pulling her phone out of her pocket Selina pressed a number.

===

Hebe rushed down the hallway as if her life depended on whether she was fast enough or not. Without waiting to knock she opened the door to see Jiro sitting inside. Relief flooded through her blood.

Jiro glanced up at her desperate face and found it even more surprising that Aaron was behind her. Before he could ask what was wrong Hebe threw herself in front of him.

“Selina’s been taken! I don’t know where she is! You have to go after her!” Hebe screamed.   

“What?” Jiro asked.

“Evan took her god damn it! Get your of the seat and start looking for her! He could kill her!” the words flew out of Hebe’s mouth as if she had already rehearsed them.

Jiro stared at her as if taken aback, of course Hebe was desperate. Selina’s sister had already died and if Selina died Hebe would be in a more than worse situation. If Evan had really taken Selina like last time Jiro was sure both Hebe and Selina were more than scared. The only time Jiro had witnessed Selina being so scared was when she came running out of the woods toward them. And the only time he’d seen Hebe so crazy was when something happened to Selina.

Did Aaron know anything about it? Jiro glanced at him, but before they could go on Jiro’s phone began ringing. Hebe jumped at the sound of it.

===

“Please answer. Please, please, please,” Selina whispered.

Within a second she could hear a key turning in the door knob. Evan had a key to the room?! How was that possible? Selina’s heart jumped as the phone dropped from her hand and landed on the ground.

Evan stared back at her as if angry clutching onto the fish fillet knife in his hand. Shivers climbed down her spine numbing her feet gluing her to the ground.

“You’re not Selina but Xuan! Why are you here?! Where’s Selina?!” he screamed.

Selina wanted to scream but wasn’t ready when he ran toward her pushing her to the ground. Selina screamed as he pointed the knife down at her. She held his hand pushing it up in hopes of pushing the knife further away from her. He was so strong Selina felt her muscles tiring out after a few seconds.

“Why are you doing this to me?!” Selina screamed.

“Where is Selina? Why did you come?” he asked.

Selina stared up at him scared and that was all she could feel. Had Xuan felt the same kind of fear when he tried to stab her? Right then Selina was sure Evan had murdered her sister. Selina let out a sob as tears began to pour through her eyes. Her hand slipped and instead of cutting her face the knife slit her arm.

Glancing up into his face she found a bizarre expression drawn around his eyes. It was as if he had done something he hadn’t meant to. He looked sorry and surprised at the same time. The knife dropped from him and Selina took the chance to toss him off her. As he landed on the ground Selina grabbed the knife and ran out of the room.

It was a short hallway and easy to find her way out. Selina stopped as she stood in the kitchen realizing he had brought her to the cabin…again…but why? Was he planning to dispose of her the same way he had of Xuan? Forcing the thought aside Selina pushed the door open and ran out the door with a cry entering the darkness.

===

Hebe stared at Jiro’s expressionless face as he held the phone to his ear. After he put the phone down Hebe felt an urge to kick him. Why wasn’t he listening to her? Selina could be killed any minute and no one would know!

“That was Selina,” Jiro said blankly.

Hebe’s eyes opened wide worriedly, “Trace the call! Trace the call damn it! Can’t you trace the call?!”

“You don’t need to. I know where she is,” Aaron said.

As soon as Hebe turned to him Aaron was already headed toward out the door and down the hallway. Jiro quickly followed him in a rush and Hebe followed.

“Where do you think you’re going?!” Jiro asked turning Aaron around.

Hebe felt surprised. It was as if she were watching a fistfight. Their faces were so grim and serious.

“He brought her back to the cabin,” Aaron replied. “Evan’s been talking about it nonstop.”

“It’s dangerous to just go there by ourselves,” Jiro told. “Your brother is mentally ill.”

Aaron glared back at Jiro as he shoved Jiro’s hand off his arm, “Don’t talk about him like that. You don’t even know him.”

Hebe had to agree that what Jiro had said sounded insulting. If he had spoken to her like that about her brother she’d explode. Rescuing Selina was first priority and the only thing that mattered to her at the moment, but it seemed as if they had a silent grudge against one another.

“That’s not what I’m saying. If we head there recklessly now we could provoke your brother and Selina will be in more danger than she is,” Jiro said. “If we surprise your brother we don’t know what he’ll do to her.”

Aaron’s expression became lost and Hebe felt confused with Jiro’s words. If they went there it wouldn’t be as if they’d find both Evan and Selina immediately. The woods surrounding the cabin was humongous and even though Hebe had tried exploring it many times she never made it that far into the woods and always had to travel back to the cabin before night fell. There were no trails in there and if a person wanted to go adventuring they’d probably need to bring a compass with them. Hebe felt shivers travel down her spine just at the thought of the place where Xuan had been murdered.  

“Your brother is obsessed,” Jiro stated the fact as if he’d known it for quite some time, “if he killed Xuan he can kill Selina.”