=10=

My Dear Twin

===

Jiro watched Selina hop off on her crutch. She sure was aggressive; however he was glad that she was safe. He wondered what would have happened if he hadn’t been curious enough to have gone after her.  

===

“Selina!” Hebe shouted as she rushed through the hospital doors. “Why do I always come to find you here?!”

Selina smiled at her friend as she stood up from the chair.

“What the?!” Hebe exclaimed as she stared at the foot cast around Selina’s right foot. “What happened?”

“I fell down the stairs?” Selina said in a question statement with a nervous smile.

“How can you go to that place alone?!” Hebe screamed in the car. “You should have asked someone to go with you! The article sounds scary enough and you went alone?! Are you out of your little mind?”

Selina had expected lecturing from Hebe.

“It’s not the first time I’ve gone to a place alone,” Selina protested calmly, “it’s just the first time…I got injured.”

“You look so helpless,” Hebe said glancing at her friend. “Why don’t you come to stay with me until you get better?”

“Why?” Selina asked turning to look at Hebe.

“You won’t be able to get around alone like that!” Hebe told. “I’ll send you to work and pick you up! Lets just go stay at my house!”

Selina found herself laying in bed next to Hebe that night. She wondered to herself how many times has it been since she’d slept over at Hebe’s since she was a child. Plenty of course, and too much to remember. Selina couldn’t help, but feel lucky to have such a good friend.

===

“Jiro?” his dad said as the door opened. “Where’ve you been? I thought you said your shift ended early today.”

“I went somewhere,” Jiro replied, “and saved someone’s life.”

Jiro smiled to himself as he closed his bedroom door. Selina was the first person he’d ever carried in his life and the first he’d shared a room with. She was his firsts. Jiro laughed to himself as he thought of that.

===

“Are you sure you’re ok?” Hebe asked. “Why don’t you just call in sick?”

“No,” Selina protested as she began to open the car that Hebe had parked in front of Prescon.

“But you don’t have anything to do anyway,” Hebe told. “You’re just waiting for police reports.”

“Which I should read over and try to think over why a man had been hiding in the house,” Selina told. “I’ll call you to pick me up.”

With that Selina opened the door and stepped out. Hebe watched as Selina slowly made the way toward the large black doors and wondered if Selina would be able to open them. Hebe watched as Selina pressed a button and the doors automatically opened for her. Selina turned back flashing Hebe a smile and went in. Hebe couldn’t help, but wonder how crazy her friend became sometimes. Selina was too obsessed with her job.

===

Selina was halfway to reaching the journalism office when Aaron came walking down the stairs. He glanced over surprised.

“What happened?” he asked hurrying over.

Selina turned toward him with a bright smile.

“Good morning!” she greeted.

He looked at her worriedly. Noticing Selina glanced at her crutch then looked back at Aaron.

“It’s nothing,” she told, “the stairs weren’t able to hold me and I fell through a hole.”

“Are you sure?” he asked.

Selina tilted her head as if thinking, “Well a man attacked me and I kicked him back.”

Aaron stared at her.

“Ok, he just almost killed me, but lucky that cop came to the rescue,” Selina told, “but I’m saved and it’s alright. Not very injured except for the bruise that formed at the back of my head and my broken ankle. Better than you think.”

“It doesn’t look like you’ll be able to make it to your office,” he told, “let me help you.”

Selina felt her heart flutter as he gently put his arm around her. Selina slightly let go of her crutch as she leaned against him. People stared at them as they made their way into the office. After Selina sat down she looked up at Aaron.

“Thanks Ev…Aaron,” she said.

Aaron smiled back, “I’ll go now, but if you need something don’t be afraid to come get me. I mean I’ll come look for you later.”

Selina smiled as she watched him walk away.

“What happened?!” her boss exclaimed walking over.

“I got attacked,” Selina replied, “but don’t worry I’m alright.”

“Did that cop get you?” he asked.

Selina frowned, “Jiro?”

“He came to give you the reports yesterday,” her boss started, “I think you impress him really well.”

“I know,” Selina replied, “I impress a lot of people and scare them.”

Her boss laughed.

===

“I swear I’m telling the truth!” the man protested against Jiro that sat in the secluded room with him.

They sat at a small squared table. Security stood inside to make sure that he didn’t attack anyone and securities were also stationed outside the door in case anything happened.

“There hasn’t been a thunderstorm for months so I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Jiro stated folding his arms, “and it doesn’t cover the reason for trying to kill someone.”

“That girl attacked me first!” the man lied.

“Why would she attack you when she just came to look around?” Jiro asked.

“Can’t you see she almost broke my arm?!” the man protested.

“It looks like that was self defense,” Jiro replied, “anyhow seems like questioning you won’t help right now. We’ll have to keep you in custody until someone can get something out of you.”

Jiro got up from his chair and walked out.

“Make sure he stays locked up,” Jiro demanded and walked away from the door.