=30=

My Dear Twin

“You’re here? I thought you said you wouldn’t be done with the meeting until late tonight?” Selina asked.

He smiled at her a scary smile. Selina suddenly remembered there was someone else that looked like Aaron. She wanted someone to tell her that he was Aaron, but she knew better than so. If Aaron were there Hebe would come running into the kitchen, but she was absent from that. Where did Hebe go? What happened to her friend?

Selina gulped as clutched onto the box of macaroni and cheese, “What are you doing here? How’d you know…”

Before finishing he hurried over pulling a wet damp cloth out of his pocket. He grabbed Selina who struggled with him. His arms did not feel soft like all the people she knew. His skin felt hard as if his muscles had swelled up and turned into stone. Selina tried screaming, but became helpless as she felt the energy draining from her after the cloth had been pressed tightly against .

Selina did not wake up until another hour later. Her head was spinning as her eyes opened. Everything seemed to be a blur at first and when her sight cleared she found someone lying on his side along with her on the bed. He was facing her with his eyes open. Suddenly recalling what had happened Selina sat up to find the wall against her back. They were in a small wooden room with no window, but a door at the foot of the bed.

He reached his hand forward and her cheek. Selina stared at his hand scared of him. He seemed to be calm at the moment.

“Just let me go to the bathroom,” Selina lied as she began to move off the bed.

Evan grabbed her back with full force throwing her against the bed. As Selina sat up he grabbed her shoulders shaking her roughly.

“You slept too long! You slept too long!” he screamed.

What was wrong with him? What did he want? Selina found herself speechless with fear as she stared into his black eyes.

“Let go of me!” she shouted throwing his hands off her and started running toward the door.

Before making a successful attempt for it he grabbed her waist lifting her up from the ground throwing her onto the bed again, but he didn’t let go of her. Selina felt amazed at his strength, he was stronger than he appeared.

She felt tremble as he crouched over her. His hands were around her so tightly she wondered if he’d squeeze her to death. He was too close…too close to her that she could practically feel his heart beating against her back.

“You’re mine. All mine Selina.”

===

It was finally dark outside when Aaron began making his way toward Selina’s friend’s house. He stopped his car before Hebe’s house and got out feeling excited to eat with Selina and also have the chance to talk to her friend. However, as he rang the doorbell no one came to answer. Wondering where they were Aaron looked inside the windows to see no one moving about inside. He hurried back to the door reaching for the door knob and was surprised to see that it was unlocked. As he opened the door and headed inside Aaron first saw the girl lying on the sofa. But before he hurried to her he could smell something burning in the kitchen. When he rushed in he found a pot on the stove with smoke coming out of it. He turned the stove off and moved the pot aside to see that the water inside had dried up and the macaroni lying inside was all burnt to a black color.

He hurried back out and glanced at the girl that seemed to be sleeping. Selina said she’d be there, but where was she?

“Miss, wake up, miss,” Aaron gently shook her.

Hebe’s eyes opened a little as she closed them again shifting her position on the sofa. After a second she opened them again and stared up at Aaron screaming as she began to pound on him with all her might. Aaron cowered back trying to defend himself and she finally seemed to stop after a second when she recognized he was in a business suit.

“You…you’re Aaron…right?” she asked sounding afraid.

He frowned at her wondering why she seemed so frightened.

“Where’s Selina?” he asked.

Hebe let out a cry and covered her face. She made a face and rushed into the kitchen recognizing the smell of Selina’s burnt macaroni. Her bottom lip began to tremble as she began fearing what had happened.

“He took her! He took her!” Hebe found herself screaming helplessly. “Why did I get knocked out so easily?!”

“What do you mean? Who’s he?” Aaron was confused.

“Your twin! Evan! He came here earlier!”

Aaron stared at Hebe feeling shocked and surprised. As he rushed out the door Hebe followed him.

“Where are you going?” Hebe demanded.

“To find them!”

An idea popped into Hebe’s head as she rushed to closed the door to her house. She hurried to his car as she had had no time to grab her car keys.

“Police station! If we tell him he’ll help us!”

Aaron frowned at Hebe wondering what “he” she meant. Without asking he did as told.