=26=

My Dear Twin

Selina laughed and rolled her eyes, “Do I look like I can move around to you?”

“Use your crutch,” Jiro suggested, “or I can give you a piggy back.”

“Do you want to molest me? You always suggest piggy backs,” Selina snapped sarcastically.

“Chang Jiang’s been tested positive for drug abuse,” Jiro said, “and he’s admitted to killing his cousin. The other guy that attacked you is released, but is under police watch. Story all solved. Good news right?”

“Suits him.”

Jiro looked at her and couldn’t help, but laugh, “Do you have any real feelings inside you? You take everything so lightly.”

“You got a problem? If so get off my property!” Selina shouted and began to close the door, but Jiro was stronger than she’d thought.

He put his hand against the door to keep it open and smiled at her.

“You’re going to need some fresh air in order to relax,” Jiro told.

“No, I need some rest,” Selina retorted.

Jiro laughed at her sarcastically, “Are you playing hard to get? Cause I think you’re really good at it.”

Selina glared at him, “Who do you think you are?! Stop harassing me and get out!”

“I am standing outside of your home,” Jiro pointed out coolly.

Selina could feel her blood boil and she wanted to scream in his face.

“You’re really a grade A jerk,” Selina mumbled. “Stay there and you better not come in.”

Selina waited until Jiro’s hand dropped from the door and she slammed it in his face.

“Jerk, that imbecile likes to pester me huh? I’ll show him my foul temper,” Selina muttered under her breath as she searched through her clothes.

Selina found herself standing in an empty yard by Jiro’s driveway. She first stared up at her house that had been rebuilt. It looked a bit nicer than before, but other than that it was exactly the same.

Selina turned back to Jiro who came walking out of his house in rowdy jeans and a t-shirt carrying a bucket of water for him. Selina rolled up the sleeves of her plaid buttoned up shirt.

“Washing your car?” Selina asked. “You could have done this at the car wash by yourself.”

“It’s more fun with a friend,” Jiro replied.

Selina glared at him as she made faces to his back then slowly made her way over to the hose that he’d dropped on the ground earlier. An idea popped up in her head and she turned around mischievously to watch him begin to wash his expensive car with care. Selina held the hose up and pressed the handle of the hose causing water to shoot straight out at Jiro. He let out a shout and turned over to look at her.

Selina smiled back, “It was an accident.”

“The water’s cold! Put that down!” Jiro ordered.

“Is that so?” Selina said loudly then muttered to herself. “Cold eh? You’ll see how cold I can get too.”

Selina pressed the trigger again and shot water out at him. Jiro let out another shout and looked over.

“That was another mistake! I was aiming for the flowers by the sidewalk,” Selina pointed to the flowers that were growing nearby.

Jiro dropped the cloth he had been holding in his hand and hurried over. Selina bit her lip and turned around to start running, but her swelled up ankle prevented her from being as fast as she wished. Jiro pulled at her shirt from behind and tried to take the hose from her. Selina shouted and sprayed the water at his face. Jiro, however, grabbed the hose and turned it around spraying it at her. Selina gave a shout and wrestled his hands to get a hold of the hose. As they fought each other their legs got tangled up and Selina ended up falling backward onto the grass.

Selina could feel the pain from her ankle shoot up through her leg. She bit her bottom lip as she turned her head to look straight up into Jiro’s face. His eyes seemed to be searching her face for something. Selina frowned up at him with her hands against his chest.

“Are you going to get off yourself? Or do you want me to throw you off?” Selina asked coldly.

Jiro stared at her a bit more and got off sitting beside her.

“Aiish!” Selina moaned as she rolled to her side sitting up. “If you broke my ankle I’m going to kill you!”

“You shot me with water first,” Jiro pointed out.

“It didn’t kill you did it?” Selina snapped then glanced at the hose.

Before she could get it as if reading her mind Jiro grabbed it first.

“You loser,” Jiro mumbled and got up. “You clean my car yourself.”

Selina shot him a death glare, “It’s not even my car! And I have nothing to do with it!”

“Get up!” Jiro demanded not yet angry.

Selina looked away from him, “I can’t.”

Jiro frowned at her.

“I’m serious!” Selina screamed at him.

Jiro grabbed her arm and pulled her up from the ground.

“Great, look at the mess you put yourself in,” he said.

“It was you! Not me!” Selina pouted as he helped her into the house.

After sitting down in a chair Jiro disappeared off somewhere and came back with a towel and ace bandage. He wrapped the towel around her.

“Dry yourself and keep yourself warm before you find out you’re sick,” he said.

Selina made a face at him and began to dry her hair then her shirt. Without realizing Jiro grabbed her feet suddenly making her shout.

“What are you doing?!” Selina shouted.

Jiro didn’t reply as he rolled up her jeans to get a better look at her ankle.

“You’ve got a dirty bruise,” he replied, “how could all that running injure you? You must be weak or something.”

“Shut up! It’s all your fault,” Selina retaliated.

“Your ankle looks fat like you,” he commented as he began to rub something onto her ankle.

“Your compliment does not hurt me,” Selina said glancing down at what he was doing.

After putting the ointment onto her ankle Jiro began to wrap it with the ace bandage.

“The bandage won’t do much good, but it’ll protect you from bruises and cuts if you somehow hit a table or fall or something,” he told.

“I’m not that clumsy,” Selina replied then looked around. “Where’s your father?”

“He’s out of town,” Jiro replied then got up. “Thanks to you I have to do my laundry again.”

Selina made another face at him as he walked away then turned around to observe the room she was in. There was a semicircle window right behind her with some plants standing in front of it. The large table she was sitting at Selina guessed was where they ate. The walls were white, but the rays from the sun made them brighter than it seemed.

Jiro headed back into the room and began to walk pass her, but as he did he grabbed the towel from her and rubbed her hair roughly with it. Selina gave a shout as he did so then he laughed and walked away.

“Cold jerk!” Selina screamed.

She could hear pots and pans clattering together. After a moment she turned around with a deep frown.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“I’m making something to eat,” he replied. “If you want to eat something you can make your own food.”

Another glare came from Selina’s eyes, “Don’t be so selfish!”

“You’ve got your own legs and hands do it yourself,” he pointed out.

Selina bit her bottom lip. He really knew how to get on her nerves. Selina slammed her hand on the table and hopped up from the chair she’d been sitting in.

“If my ankle bursts you’re taking responsibility for it,” Selina complained as she entered the kitchen.

“What are you doing? You’re just trying to find a fault for me,” Jiro accused as he watched Selina hop in. “You’re going to break your tiny legs if you walk any further!”

Selina stopped in the middle of the room, “You’re just messing with me!”

Jiro hurried over from the counter dropping his knife onto the cutting board and grabbed Selina’s arm before she began to tilt over. Selina felt her heart leap fearing that she’d hit the ground, but Jiro’s grasp on her arm told her that it would never happen. She half hopped and he half carried her to the chair she had been sitting at.

“Don’t move you mouse,” Jiro ordered and walked back into the kitchen.

“Can you cook?” Selina called after him as he walked away.

Jiro did not reply to her, but she could hear the faucet running. Why was he being such a jerk?! Irritated that her day had ended up like that Selina had no choice but to stare at the walls around her.