=16=

My Dear Twin

===

Selina opened the door and walked in slowly. She didn’t want to hurt her ankle in any way that would cause her to stay in the ace bandage another week. She stopped ahead of the stairs. If she recalled right Aaron had told her that he worked upstairs. Glancing around Selina climbed the stairs slowly.

At the top there were two long hallways one to her left and one to her right. Maybe she should have asked for directions at the front desk downstairs. Selina looked down the steps and decided against it. Going back down and coming back up would only injure her ankle.

Taking a guess Selina walked down the left hallway and stared at the signs. Main office, main lobby, journalism, printing room….Selina skimmed down the list. Well of course Aaron’s office wouldn’t be listed. Selina walked away from the sign and headed further down the hallway. Should she have come?

Two large doors stood out beyond the others at the end of the hallway. Would Aaron be at a meeting? Or was he having a conference in his office about something important? No one seemed to be around so Selina guessed it was alright to look inside. Selina pulled the heavy door open and glanced in. It was a large office with a closet inside and single sofas lined against the wall with a long table in front. Selina turned to see a large desk up ahead and someone sitting on the chair behind it.  

Selina glanced at the expensive carpet as she made her way over. When she got nearer she realized that Aaron had fallen asleep on his chair with his head back. Selina began to laugh then covered as not to make any noise. Her eyes landed upon his face and Selina could feel herself burn up. He looked even more handsome close up. Aaron’s eyes suddenly opened and he gave a shout as he saw Selina looking down at him. Feeling surprised herself Selina took a step back and ended up falling on the ground.

“I’m sorry!” Aaron said as he got up from his chair to pull Selina back onto her feet.

Selina got up embarrassed and glanced at Aaron shyly. They were silent for a bit then started laughing.

“Are you ok?” Aaron asked.

Selina nodded.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Well…I tried calling you, but I couldn’t get through,” Selina replied. “I was just wondering if you’d like dinner.”

Selina felt her hands began to sweat as she waited for his answer.

“You already made it?” Aaron asked.

Selina nodded slowly.

“Then lets go,” Aaron told. “I’ve been asleep the whole afternoon so I didn’t hear anything.”

“That tired?” Selina asked. “I thought you said there wasn’t much to do around here.”

“Well…you know…” Aaron said.

Selina frowned at him as they headed out.

===

Evan glanced inside the journalism office then walked back toward the stairs. If Aaron were in would it be alright to ask him? But he already knew Aaron would just tell him to hurry back home. Evan paced back and forth and paused. He turned to look up the stairs as he heard a familiar voice. He felt his heart come to a stop as she walked passed him.

She seemed to be smiling at him, but it only took a second for him to realize that she hadn’t been talking to him…but Aaron. Evan felt his face become an angry frown.

===

Selina placed one plate after another on the table. Aaron gazed at the food hungrily. Selina felt herself become nervous after sitting down.

“Sorry if it’s not that good,” Selina apologized.

Aaron took a spoonful of the food and chewed it around in his mouth making faces then smiled, “It’s definitely good.”

Selina let out a breath of relief and smiled, “Well that’s good! It’s my first time cooking for someone…well other than my friend.”

Aaron smiled as he ate continuously. After eating Selina piled the dishes into the kitchen sink and turned the water on to wash them.

“Can I do it?” Aaron asked.

Selina turned around.

“Dishes?” Selina questioned.

Aaron got up from his seat and walked over.

“I’m not spoiled just because I own a company,” Aaron told, “I’m good with a lot of stuff.”

Selina eyed him, “Yea…I’m sure you are.”

Selina stepped back and watched Aaron. Her eyes moved from the sink to his back. He looked good even from behind. She could dimly hear Aaron’s voice traveling through her ears, but she wasn’t taking in a thing he was saying. Aaron turned off the faucet and turned around.

“Did you hear me?” Aaron asked looking at her.

“Huh?” Selina asked lost.

Aaron stared back at her and silence followed for a second. Selina stared back at him feeling their eyes connect. Feeling flushed Selina began to turn, but Aaron suddenly placed his hand down on the table to her right stopping her. Selina glanced down at his hand and had no choice, but to turn back to him. She swore she could feel the heat emanating from his body. His shoulders seemed pressed against hers. She began to feel lost when she felt his breath on her lips.

“Do you fancy me?” he asked.

“What?” Selina said unsure if her ears were working right.

She could feel Aaron’s right hand climb onto the table.

“I like you,” he said before Selina could feel his warm lips against hers.

As she returned his slow kiss Selina could feel herself sinking deeper into his embrace. His left hand began to slowly climb up her back and stopped midway. Selina felt her body began to burn and something tell her to stop, but she didn’t want to. She rested her hands on his arms.

===

He stared at Aaron’s car which was parked in front of Selina’s new apartment. It was dark now and he was sure no one would be able to see him. Glancing around he slowly made his way around the path and behind the large green bushes that stood in front of the house. Letting his fingers rest upon the windowsill he glanced in and could see them through the small opening in the blinds. His heart raced with anger and jealousy as he watched them make out. He had a longing to toss Aaron away and grab Selina for himself.

From across the street a neighbor had just walked out of his house to throw a bag of garbage into his garage when he noticed something strange.

“Hey you!” he shouted loudly. “What do you think you’re doing?!”

Alarmed he immediately ran out from behind the bush and down the street.

===

Selina’s arms had slipped all the way around Aaron when sudden pounding on the door interrupted them. Pulling away from each other Selina hurried to the door to find the man from across the street standing there.

“Someone was peeking at you a moment ago,” he cautioned, “you should be careful.”

Selina looked at him then out to the streets.

“He ran away when I shouted,” the man told. “You should watch out for yourself.”

“Thanks,” Selina thanked then closed the door locking it.

She frowned as she stared at the window for a moment. Someone looking through the window? Could it be some random teenage kid? Selina spun around and her eyes landed on Aaron. She quickly turned away as their eyes met. What had just happened? Aaron walked over coolly and touched the blinds.

“I guess you’re going to need dark curtains,” Aaron said.

Selina still kept herself turned away. He was standing so close to her. Selina pressed her lips together and tightened her grip on the bottom of her shirt.

“I’ll call you,” Aaron said then paused.

Selina was certain she felt her heart leap when he gave her peck on the cheek before leaving. Selina watched as his car drove off then closed the door again making sure it was locked. She backed up in a daze and gave a loud shout as she ran against the fridge.

===

Aaron returned to his still home expecting a silent still house, but instead found that his house had been ransacked. The lamps by the front door were lying on the ground shattered. Frowning Aaron hurried into the house to find the telephone lying on the ground. Drawers and cabinets were left open in a mess and in the kitchen broken dishes laid on the ground along with half broken chairs. Feeling panicked and fearful Aaron rushed up the stairs to hear groaning and shouting. As he reached the top of the stairs he recognized the muffled voice belonged to Evan.

“Please stop! Evan!” he could hear his father’s voice.

Aaron rushed over to where the voices seemed to be coming from. He ran into the library to find it empty, his father’s room was empty, and rushed into Evan’s room. It was empty, but was in a mess as well as downstairs. Aaron immediately turned around rushing toward his room. Why had Evan entered his room again? What did Evan want from him?