=18=

My Dear Twin

“This place…where are you taking me?” Selina asked. “We always stayed in the city.”

“I figured I’m getting bored of the city. I want to try something new,” he told.

“Are you alright…Aaron?” Selina asked.

She could see his grip on the steering wheel tighten till his knuckles turned white.   

“I’m fine,” he replied in a cold tone.

Nightfall had fallen upon the city when the car finally came to a stop on plain dirt. Shrubs and trees stood ahead awaiting them. Selina stared around unsure of why Aaron would bring her there.

“This way,” he said.

Selina followed him as he led her along a long thin trail. Trees and more trees surround them as if locking them within the woods.

“What is this place?” Selina asked.

Aaron didn’t reply, but came to a stop. Selina stopped behind him to see a cabin up ahead. She felt her heart jump. It was like the one in her dream.

“This is the place,” he told.

Selina turned to look at him wondering to herself if he was crazy. However, he walked ahead and opened the door then turned to wait for her with a creepy smile upon his face. Selina thought she’d seen his smile before…

“Dinner’s waiting,” he told.

Selina gripped her hand in a fist and walked in. Aaron walked after her and closed the door behind him.

The kitchen was a secluded area which made Selina feel isolated from the rest of the outside world. There were no windows, but a sink and a table. The table was bare and there were no such thing as food sitting on it.

“Aaron what are you…” she began as she turned around but he trapped her against the table as he closed in on her.

Selina could feel his thick heavy breath on her skin as his hand sat on the table to her right. It was exactly as Aaron had done last week.

“And then like this right?” he said as his left hand crawled up her back giving her the chills.

“What are you doing?” Selina asked trying to push him off lightly.

“Do you like it?” he asked.

Selina glared up at him and her glare quickly disappeared as she notice his pupils enlarge then shrink. Her eyes landed on his scar again. Aaron had no such scar on his head.

“Get off me!” Selina shouted trying to push him off, but he had already enveloped her in his long arms.

Selina struggled in his grasp for a moment.

“You’re mine! You’re mine!” he screamed.

Selina shouted as she threw him off angrily.

“You’re not Aaron!” she shouted. “Who are you?”

“Do you wish I was Aaron? I can be him if you want,” he said willing to compromise with his arms out ready to hold her again, “I am just like him.”

If she attacked him and ran she wouldn’t be able to get out of there. Selina thought quickly as his eyes stared at her intensely.

“I thought you said we were going to eat,” Selina said changing the subject. “Where’s the food…Aaron.”

“Aaron?” he repeated amused. “You have to wait for a moment.”

He stepped toward her trying to hug her again, but Selina stepped back calmly.

“Lets eat first and whatever you want to do we’ll do,” Selina said coaxingly.

He stared at her then pouted.

“You have to wait for me,” he said childishly then turned around walking off.

After making sure that he was gone Selina grabbed out her cell phone to text Hebe.

“Selina!” he shouted walking back in.

Selina turned around slipping her phone into her back pocket. She hoped he hadn’t seen her do so. Selina smiled at him.

“What’s that?” Selina asked.

“Strawberries,” he replied.

“For dinner?” Selina asked.

“You can cook for me,” he told. “Just like last week.”

Something hit Selina. Had he been the one that was peeking through her window?

===

Hebe had just gotten out of the shower when her cell phone beeped. Hurrying over Hebe pressed a button to open the message from Selina.

“Hebe some person has taken me out to the woods just outside of Taipei. He’s locked me in a cabin. Go get Wang Dong Cheng the cop and come get me, quickly!”

Hebe could feel her heart skip a beat as she hurried toward the door slipping on her shoes.

Hebe stopped outside of the police station. Was Selina in danger exactly like she had feared?

“I need Wang Dong Cheng!” Hebe shouted at the receptionist.

The woman frowned offensively at Hebe and dialed a number.

“He seems to be busy would you like to wait or like me to leave a message?” she asked.

“I need him right now! Get him right now!” Hebe shouted demandingly.

“He’s…” the girl began again.

“Where’s his office?!” Hebe shouted and found herself walking down a hallway a second later.

She was practically running. People who passed stared at her curiously, but Hebe didn’t care. Pausing in front of the door Hebe took a breath and opened it. A man sat inside with the phone pressed against his ear. He looked at her surprised then waved for her to come in.

“This is what they call busy?” Hebe snorted loudly.

Jiro frowned at her.

“Are you done yet?” Hebe asked rudely.

“Yes I understand that…” Jiro said.

“Hang up right now!” Hebe screamed.

Jiro glared at her, “Yes I’ll make sure to get back to you.”

Jiro then hung up a second later.

“Excuse me miss, but who are you?” Jiro asked annoyed.