A Little Too Late

BABY WHO?

Niel brought Jun home and put him to bed as he sit next to Jun thinking about things that needs to be done or things that he should have done. He wasn't quite sure of why he let himself fight Namjoo. Like Jun was a prize and both of them were running towards it. Niel sang Jun a lullaby while thinking of the fact that Jun is really his son. He wasn't sure if the feelings he had was a feeling every other fathers felt but it felt like something was blooming inside his heart. Love like none he has ever felt before. 

Niel was unable to sleep even after hours thinking of things he wasn't even sure of. Like for one, how will he ever tell his family about Jun. Two, how will he actually raise him perfectly. Three, is he really ready to become a father. What's more interesting after knowing Jun is his biological son is that Niel realise, that he had gained a new fear. A fear greater than any of his current fears. The fear of losing Jun, the fear of disappointing Jun. He has love Jun as much as he fear for him and now he has to decide whether he would be able to live with the fear forever.

Namjoo sat on the floor of her living room and cried terribly. Her son slipped out of her hands again. This time it was Niel who took Jun away from her. She felt deceive for him to do that. It was two pains felt at once. The pain of losing Jun again and the pain of losing Niel's trust. She never knew how much he meant to her until he did such things to her. 

Namjoo looked at her palms and held them together. She has never believed in God but right now, she doesn't even know to whom should she ask for help. There was no one by her side. She was all alone and she guessed if God is real, she's praying towards Him for guidance. For whatever it is for her to just have her son back. 

"Dear God, I, have never prayed to you before. I- I don't really know how to actually pray to You but I am in a very difficult situation and maybe things has never gone the way I wanted them to be was just because, I have never prayed to You. So, please help me." Namjoo cried. 

Namjoo fell asleep on the couch as the night passed by. Although it was an uncomfortable position for her, she felt as though it was the deepest sleep she has ever been in. Worry-less even when she was in a terrible situation. She felt at ease. She had a dream that night. She was smiling, very brightly and happy like how she used to be before everything fall into pieces. She had never felt so happy in her life. She was with Jun in her dream but it was as if it wasn't her point of view. She was seeing herself, like she was watching herself from a camera and someone was recording it. The dream was long but it was just of him and Jun playing. The view really shook like someone was holding the view and it was indeed true. Before she gave Jun a kiss on the cheek, someone went to her and recorded them together. It was Niel and he gave Namjoo a kiss on the cheek the same moment she did to Jun. They were all smiling and playi-

"Hold on." Namjoo woke up from the loud alarm of hers. It was a bad way to start her day. Regretting the fact that her dreams ended so soon like it was only a 2 hour sleep when she slept the whole night. She felt tired. Namjoo looked at the reflection of her from the TV screen and she could clearly see how swollen her eyes were from crying.

She got ready as usual. She checked herself in front of the mirror and realise how her face can barely smile. How did she actually smile in the dream. How did she managed to be that happy. Namjoo continued thinking while fixing her colars. Namjoo's movement slowed down and she looked at her hands. She clasped her 2 hands last night and prayed to God for signs to help her and she dreamed of an impossibility. She stared at the terrible swollen face of hers. She forced herself to draw a wide smile the way she did in her dreams but it lacked sincerity. 

Namjoo didn't even have any apetite to eat because she was thinking hard. 

"I can have Jun." Namjoo said to herself. "and I can have Niel by my side." 

Namjoo started talking to herself. "Why would I need Niel? He's like, he's just.. how old is he? 20? 21?" She know she was denying the fact that she didn't want to accept. "Would Jun be happy with me alone? He's always happy with Niel around and I am only best at keeping him well fed, putting him to bed and making thinsg right for him. But I can't make him happy." Namjoo's tears ran down her cheeks again. "I can't even be happy with myself. He's, somehow always there to make me smile." 

"Did I chased him away too much? Is it the time for me to hold onto him?" Namjoo asked herself. "We're afterall, a real family. Jun's parents." 

Niel was getting Jun ready for school and he wore his best attire. He wasn't going to adopt Jun, he was going to earn himself his parental rights over Jun. He doesn't even know where to begin but he knows he gotta start good. He came out from the house the same time Namjoo did. However, today it was different. Namjoo seemed to be more friendly than he is. 

"Good morning." She gave an awkward smile and a wave to greet him. 

Niel on the other hand just looked at her. He wasn't going to let her win. 

"Niel, I want to talk to you." Namjoo begged. 

"We have nothing to agree on." Niel said seriously. It was the first time she sees Niel having such stern face. She was somehow afraid. Maybe this was how Niel felt when he dealt with her stern face. She took a deep breath and looked into Niel's eyes. 

"We do have. I can assure you." Namjoo said. "Jun, can you help me get some, um, some snacks from your house? I feel a bit hungry." Namjoo said trying to excuse themselves. 

"I'm going to claim my rights over Jun and you're not going to stop me." Niel stood firm. Namjoo was still afraid but she stepped closer and felt his breath close to her. 

"We can do it together." She said slowly and calmly. She ran her hands down Niel's sleeves before holding his hands. "We're a family. We're his parents." 

Namjoo felt Niel was a few inch closer to her. Getting closer for every breath he took. Close to her lips but he resisted. 

"But we're not in this together." Niel said. 

"We are and we're gonna be! He's our child." Namjoo protested and pushed herself away from him. "We're- We are." 

"What?" Niel asked. "Family?" Niel chuckled. "You have never let me in and suddenly we're a family? I'm tired of running my ways to you. You might be his mother but, we can't be families." Jun came out right at that moment with some snacks. Niel took it from Jun and gave it to Namjoo harshly before walking away. 

Namjoo turned around and she could feel that she has never been this desperate in life. "Don't run your way to me. If you are tired. I am going to come to you. Either slowly or running or whatever it takes." Namjoo said and she felt her heart beating so fast. It was as if she just confessed her feelings at him. 

"You, don't even like me. Let alone love me." Niel looked so over her. 

"And you don't even have a slightest idea about how I feel about you." Namjoo smiled.

Niel was silent. 

"I'm going to work hard for you, and for him." Namjoo said looking at Niel and looking at Jun.

=================================================================================

I am so guilty for putting this fanfic on a long hiatus. Anyway, the first week of January is almost over, I hope everyone started their year well and please comment on the fanfic!^^ Thank you so much to new subscribers! Tell me what you guys think~ Do you think Niel will accept Namjoo again?