I Don't Know the World

BABY WHO?

Namjoo has been thinking about a lot of things lately. Eversince she knew Jun was Jimin, she didn't have anything else on her head. Well she did actually, sometimes before she start her day, she would wonder what time Niel would come out from his house. In case they would meet in the morning and have small arguements or wondering what kind of excuse can she give Niel to see Jun again. Sometimes, she would think about if she really is beautiful as Niel said she is. Sometimes, she thinks about if Jun is thankful towards her. 

Namjoo entered her office the following week and spent a lot of time spacing out thinking about everything. She looked at her desk and felt empty. She had empty frames on the desk and it has been that way since the day she entered the office for the first time. She looked at the frames and thought that it would be great if she would have just a piece of picture to represent a great part of her memory with Jun. She smiled as her fingers touched the empty picture frames. 

--

"Is Namjoo in?" Niel asked.

"She is but may I know who you are?" Namjoo's assistant who sits at the front desk asked. 

"Nah, I'm like the only friend she has." Niel said and just entered Namjoo's office. 

"Namjoo-yahh~~" Niel called. 

"Who are you?" Namjoo asked before she looked at the rude person who entered her office by just calling her name like that. 

"My name is N-I-E-L! NI-~" Niel pointed at Namjoo hoping she would cheered out "EL" for him but she didn't instead she gave him a death glare. "Fine, you don't have to be this cold." 

"What do you want?" Namjoo asked as Niel walked closer to her desk and grabbed her picture frames. 

"Are you kidding me? You have these piture frames as if you would look at your family pictures all day. They're empty. What do you look at everyday? This empty board?" Niel said.

"Ahn Daniel, you do have a lot of time in hands. Why don't you use them to enroll yourself into some college?" Namjoo said. 

"I will. I got my results and I will be enrolling soon. But I came to give you this." Niel put an envelope on her desk. "I had it printed. I thought that you would like to have some copies of it for yourself." 

Younjoo took out the pictures in the envelope and saw the picture they took during Jun's birthday. She smiled. 

"I had the same picture framed in the house." Niel said.

"Why?"

"Cause, I have never seen you smiling so happily and your smile looked really honest. Glad we were able to capture that moment." Niel smiled. 

Namjoo didn't know she looked really happy that day. It was her first time celebrating Jun's birthday anyway. All these years, she has been crying on Jun's birthday but this year, she is able to celebrate Jun's special day. She looked at how she held Jun's hand in the picture and it made her feel so happy. She turned to look at Niel who stood on her left. Niel was giving her the 'lets-go-out-for-lunch-face' . 

"Are you secretly asking me to have lunch with you?" Namjoo asked in disbelief. 

"I was thinking of coffee actually but it's pretty much the same thing. My treat!"  

--------

As they entered the cafe, Namjoo knew by Niel's face he was going to dig up on her life. Trying to get to know her more. To her surprise, she has seemed to know more about Niel than she realised. She knows his expression, his atittude. Everything about him was so readable to her. Like she is fond of him. The feeling was as if, she opened up to him, she wanted to know more about him too. 

"What do you want?" Namjoo asked since Niel has been stealing glances at her. 

"Nothing." Niel laughed. "You know, I am always so curious of you." 

"I have questions for you too." Namjoo said. 

"I'm an open book. You can easily read my feelings by the expression I gave you but if you insist, hit me with questions." 

"First question, did you really moved in next door beacause of Jun?" Namjoo asked. 

"Well, that's easy. Of course. My dad will kill me if he knew I am raising a child at my age." Niel answered easily. "My turn." He said. "Am I your only friend?" 

"I have been lonely for quite sometime. My world is silent, you alone cause so much noise." 

"Something happened to you." Niel guessed. 

Namjoo looked into Niel's eyes and realised, it was what happened between them that happened. It changed it all. Basically, Niel ruined her life without him knowing it. However, Niel came back out of nowhere with their child and have completely no idea of it. The person who ruined her life came back into her life and is reshaping it again, putting her life back pieces by pieces. She knows this rare feeling really well. The feeling she gets when she know she is starting to let someone into her life.

"I was about your age. Something did happened to me and it changed everything." She said looking at her cup of coffee. "Why are you here? Why are you trying to put the pieces of my life back together when you destroyed it?" Her mind was killing her to ask him those questions. 

Niel looked at her back and held her hands. "If I reach out for my hand to help you, would you hold it?" Niel looked serious.

"What can you do? I mean, you're way younger. You barely know the world." Namjoo pulled her hand and laughed. 

------

Chorong went to the orphanage to help out as usual that day. She went into the office to arrange the files and she saw Jun's file was on the desk. Niel was already getting ready to adopt Jun. She happened to read some of it and was pretty happy with Niel's decision. Jun has always been her favorite since she was the one who found him. 

"Oh, Chorong. I see you're pretty busy reading something about Jun." The head of volunteeree said. 

"Yeah, just happened to check on it. I'm glad Niel decided to adopt him." She smiled. 

"Jun is pretty interesting lately." 

"Why?" Chorong asked out of curiosity.

"Well, a lady came with Jun a few days ago. Asking me if there was any other boy who was born on the same day as Jun." She smiled. "How could there be. Jun's arrival here was the most memorable. A brave heroic action by you." She smiled to Chorong feeling thanful. 

"A lady came? What else did she said?" Chorong grew curious because she was already thinking of someone. "Could it be his biological mother?" 

"Who knows but the lady was the one who invited the kids here to Jun's birthday party but you know, Jun doesn't have friends here. So none had any interest to go." 

"I'm feeling suspicious." Chorong said. She knew the only person Niel trusts to take care of Jun is her, his other friend and Namjoo.

"I'm not pretty sure. Though, you know every year on Jun's birthday we get a big donation from a mysterious lady. Up until this year, once Jun left the donation stopped. It is somehow suspicious too."

Chorong knew the puzzles were already complete. It has been solved. It is her. Namjoo. The person who abandoned poor little Jun at the doorstep of the orpahange. If it is her, why did she left Niel's contact information with Jun. Why is it Niel? She seemed like a stranger to Niel. Chorong felt painful because she liked Niel and one sided love wasn't what she signed up for. She can be the mother to Jun if Niel wants her to. Jun knew Chorong all his life. She cried. This is her first time crying over a guy like this.

--------

"I don't know the world, but I do know you. That's enough." Niel said. 

===================================

 

Hi guys~~~ things are getting intense right??? (or is it only me?) please do click the upvotes, and comment down below!^^ and as usual, I am sorry for updating. Please hate me T_T