Why?

BABY WHO?

"Where are we going?" Namjoo asked. 

"Somewhere. Just, I thought you needed a friend." Niel smiled.

Niel led her to the place he was taking her. They took the subway instead of the bus since Namjoo were to used to using cars instead of public transport, she doesn't have enough coins for the bus fare nor she owns a transport card. They took the subway because at least they can buy tickets seperately. It was lunch time and people were swarming in the subway. Niel saw the look on Namjoo's face. How uncomfortable she looked. Slowly Niel grabbed her hands and held it so that he won't lose her. 

"You might lose me." Niel said and gave her a warm smile. 

As they entered the train, Niel was still holding onto her hand. She wanted to refuse but she didn't know why she didn't. She was supposed to but somehow she just let it be that time. She tried to peeked at Niel who was taller than she is and the moment she looked at his face, he looked at her face too. They were having a 3 seconds eye contact but they quickly ended their eye contact when the train stops. 

"This is our stop." Niel said and guided her out. 

As they were walking, Namjoo felt weary and hated the feeling she was currently feeling. She stopped walking so that her hands would be free from Niel's. She looked at Niel with a cold expression and Niel could feel the chill she was giving to him. She looked uneasy unlike how she looked at the cafe. 

"I am capable in following you without having any contact." She said strictly. "Go on, lead me the way. We only have 40 minutes until Jun finishes his class." She said. 

"Up to you then." Niel said and smiled. 

Niel brought her to a pet shop which Namjoo thought was useless. Namjoo entered anyway and looked around at the cat section. She really loves cat but she just find it troublesome to take care of them and she has never had the time to actually look for one. Niel was also looking at the kitten inside the cages. Suddenly, she saw how Namjoo was smiling. Her smile was pretty and he felt warm looking at her smile. It was unlike her other smile that always looked arrogant and insincere but today, she smiled beautifully. 

"You know, if I happened to switch bodies with you, I would have killed so many guys with that smile. Not your usual arrogant smile but the one you just did. A sincere one." The moment she heard what Niel said, she stopped smiling and looked at him. "And, your smile disappeared. Fine. You're ugly." 

"You're so immature." Namjoo said. "If you're not buying any, we should go. Coming here was a bit pointless."

"Wait! I got you something!" Niel went to the counter and settled the payment. He came with a cage and inside was a cute kitten. "Thank you for taking care of Jun." He said. 

She froze when Niel handed her the kitten. It was her first pet. She has never had the experience having a pet. It was something she never imagined she would do. But today, Niel gave her a cat as a gift of appreciation for taking care of Jun. She slowly reached out her hands towards the handle of the cage and she lifted the cage to see the cat inside. It was sleeping.

"Take it. Sincerely from me." Niel said. "You should get yourself some company." Niel said smiling.

Namjoo didn't know what to say next because she has never really received such gifts. She wanted to stay silent. She didn't even want to stay thank you. She tried to find something else to diverge the attention away from her or the cat or Niel. Any attention was unnecessary for her that time. She quikly thought of Jun and remembered that they had to pick Jun up.

"Hey, we're already 10 minutes late. Jun might be waiting." She said and exit the pet shop.

Niel walked faster to catch her up and laughed. "I know you won't say thanks because that's just so you. But... your welcome." Niel laughed. 

After they picked Jun up from his kingdergarten, Niel and Namjoo went to treat Jun for lunch. He hasn't stop playing with the cat since he saw them. He kept trying to feed the cat the prawn snacks that Niel bought for him before he arrived at the kingdergarten. They went to a cafe nearby before Chorong suddenly came in and join them. She just finished her class and went inside the cafe right away when she saw Jun and Niel. She saw Namjoo and wondered who she was. A part of her felt uneasy by her presence. 

"Junnie!!!~~" Chorong called out for Jun excitedly before hugging him as she sat next to him.

"Oh? Chorong-ah!" Niel smiled at her. 

"Hee~ Hi, Niel oppa!" She blushed. She looked at Namjoo who had a really cold expression and smiled. "Hi, my name is Chorong." She offered her hand for a handshake. 

"Hi, my name is Kim Namjoo." 

"Oppa, why are you here? I just finished my class and suddenly I saw you here from accross the street!" She said excitedly. She hasn't been able to meet them for a while because she was busy volunteering at the orphanage. 

"I just picked Jun and we thought of bringing him here for lunch. Ah! Chorong-ah, can you accompany me to the orphanage? I have to do something!" Niel remembered about the warning he received from the welfare. He wanted to know more from the orphanage. Maybe at least the orphanage personnel would help him look for Jun's biological parents. "Jun-ah, can you stay here with Namjoo?" 

"Niel, I have works to do at my office and, I think I would take him to my office and I will bring him home." Namjoo realized she had few paperworks to read and she was running out of time. She understood that Niel wanted to go to the orphanage to know more about the custody and maybe look for Jun's biological parents.

Niel and Chorong talked about alot of things while they walked to the orphanage. Chorong told Niel more about her and told more about Jun when he was younger. However, Chorong couldn't hide the fact that she was wondering who Namjoo was. She wanted to know more than just 'neighbors'. She felt as if her feelings were threathened by Namjoo's presence. 

"Are you close with Namjoo-sshi?" Chorong asked. 

"Me? Oh, she hates me. My existence seems to be her life's biggest distraction." Niel laughed. "But I like people who hates me. I would leave a really memorable mark in their lives." He laughed again. "Why?"

"Oh, nothing! She just seemed so familiar. Her voice sounded nice." Chorong wasn't lying about how she thinks Namjoo seemed familiar. 

"Her voice? That's weird to have those kinds of thoughts." 

Niel arrived at the orphanage and Chorong brought him to the woman in charge of the orphanage. She seemed old but not too old to seemed boring. Around 40s but looked lovable with the kids. Niel entered her office and talked over things about Jun.

"You must be Ahn Daniel then." She said and offered a handshake. 

"Yes, I am."

"How's Jun doing?" 

"Well, he's perfectly fine." Niel was in an awkward situation because he never really been in such a serious issue and Jun's issue involved laws and so many facts and he didn't know where to start. Luckily, Chorong was there to help. 

"He wanted to know the details about the custody." Chorong said.

"Yes. Just like what she said." Niel smiled awkardly. 

After the meeting, Niel's expression wasn't as cheerful as when he came. Everything was too difficult. The procedure, the steps. Everything was. Even if he wanted to keep Jun, there would just too much for him. The burdens he had to bear with. Why did he get himself caught up with Jun in the first place. Why did it all happened to him? Why did Jun had to suffer like this. Jun is a good boy but why does he had to face the cruel truth that he was abandoned. Why?

=======================================================

UPDATED!!!^^ HEHEHEHHEH