My Son

BABY WHO?

Niel walked really slowly. He just wanted to be home but in the same time he doesn't want to face the reality. He can't lie the fact that he started loving Namjoo. He can't even hide the fact that he care so much for Jun. However, every kind of feelings started to take over his heart. He also realised that in 2 months, he would have to decide whether he wants to keep Jun or not. He's not ready to face the reality that he has a son at such a young age. It's like he can actually be in the front page of the newspaper for having a child when he was only a high school student. 

Niel walked pass by 7 Eleven near his neighbourhood. He went inside and bought himself 3 bottles of soju and just went straight home. Niel wondered if Namjoo even knew him from the very start. He kept on thinking Jun is really his kid but a part of him told him that it doesn't mean Namjoo actually gave birth to Jun just after that one night stand they had but even from the first time Jun met him, Jun was so sure Niel's his father. 

He reached his house. He stared at Namjoo's door and hesitated. Maybe just today, he's gonna drink and wakes up tomorrow hoping that this was just a dream. Niel drank all the soju he had and he felt like it wasn't enough. He went to his fridge and drank about 6 cans of beers. He was drunk but not drunk enough. Guided by his feelings, he went out and rang Namjoo's doorbell. 

"Niel? How much did you drink?" Namjoo could smell the alcohol from him. 

Niel looked at her. He cried, he laughed but Namjoo could see he must have felt miserable for some reason to be in that kind of situation. 

"6 years ago, we had ." Niel said like any drunk man. 

Namjoo's eyes were wide open when she heard that. How did he knew. The secret was safe with her. No one else knew. 

"I was drunk. Just like today." He laughed. "I was so stupid! How old was I? 14? 15?" Niel laughed again. "14! I just hit puberty earlier that year." Niel laughed again as if it was the funniest thing ever. 

"Niel, you drank too much. Just go home and sleep." Namjoo tried to cut him off. 

"No! No! Can you for once just let me speak?" Niel was suddenly mad and it shocked Namjoo. Namjoo tried to understand that he's drunk and suddenly he started crying and he touched Namjoo's cheek. "I'm sorry. I blew up. I, I'm having a hard time. I'm sorry." 

"Niel, just. Just go back and sleep. You need a rest!" Namjoo said again. 

"I remembered it all." Niel said. "That night when we were together but I didn't have any recollection of what happened because I didn't even know I was drunk." He tried so hard to talk properly but he managed to do so. Niel wanted to continue but he was losing his focus and he could feel his eyes closing. It was like he reboot himself and fell towards Namjoo. 

Namjoo was too shocked to know that Niel remembered what happened. She helped Niel to her bedroom where Jun was sleeping soundly. However, Namjoo was awake sitting in the living room drinking some beer. She stared at the window silently. 

Niel woke up and found himself in a room so differently decorated than his room. Then, he thought of the same feeling he felt when he woke up at Namjoo's hotel. Things were repeating itself. Only this time, his son is sleeping next to him. He looked at Jun who begin to move around, showing signs that he might wake up. Niel pats Jun softly and hummed a lullaby for Jun. When Jun stopped moving, Niel slowly got off the bed and walked towards to kitchen. Namjoo was too deep into her thoughts, didn't even realised Niel took a can of beer form the fridge and sat near her. Namjoo looked at him and felt really awkward. 

"How did everything happened?" Niel sighed. 

Namjoo was still silent. 

"I'm going to take care of Jun." The words that came out from Niel's mouth caught Namjoo's attention. She quickly turned to face him. 

"What do you mean?" Namjoo asked. 

"Like I have always been doing." Niel said. "He's my responsibility." 

"I'm his mother!" Namjoo cried.

"But you abandoned him." Niel stood up and said the words that hurt her more than anything else.

Namjoo was left speechless. If only Niel knew what happened to her. Not a day went by without her thinking about her child she named Jimin. No one knew how much she suffered. In fact, no one bothered to care. 

"What about you?!" Her eyes were teary. She stood up to face him. She shouldn't be the only one to be blame. "What makes me any different than you?" 

"I never abandoned him! I didn't even know he existed!" Niel gripped his hands tinghtly in anger. 

"You tried to abandoned him before." Namjoo's tears were rolling down her cheeks. "YOU HESITATED TO ADOPT HIM!" She was furious and screamed at him, forgetting that Jun was in the bedroom sleeping.

"I DID NOT!" Niel yelled back at her. "How can I even be sure if this child is mine? No one knows how many times you were knocked up." Niel wanted to win, he went with the worst thing a man could ever said to a woman. He knew, he would regret it. 

Both of them pushed aside the fact that they started to like each other and went with their ego. Hearing those cruel words from Niel, Namjoo felt very disappointed rather than feeling mad. It was like having rainstorms on a perfect sunny day. A few seconds later happened without her realising, it was like she forgot what happened a few seconds ago. The only thing she knew, her palm her red and Niel looked surprise. She saw Niel's left cheeks begin to turn red. She slapped him. Both of them froze. 

Jun's cries broke the silence when they saw him just in front of the living room crying. He heard them bickering and woke up feeling scared. He felt like seeing his parents bickering but all he knew for now was, both of them were neither his real parents but it was scary. It was even more terrifying when he saw Namjoo slapping Niel. 

Namjoo cried even more and looked at her palm. She looked at Jun again and cried even more. 

"I'm sorry." She cried. "I'm sorry for waking you up, Jun-ah." She looked at her palm again and looked at Niel who looked away from Namjoo to hide his hears that was falling along his nose. She crouched and ended up crying even worse. 

Niel stole the oppurtunity to grab Jun and carried him. Without any words, Niel left Namjoo's house leaving behind some of Jun's stuffs.

Namjoo really thought Niel left feeling terrible for the slap as much as she felt guilty for doing so. Little did she knew, Niel was too embarassed to face her after saying such cruel words to her. Like she didn't earn herself any respect from him. He felt terrible. He couldn't be there but a part of him, didn't want Jun to be away from him. He pushed aside his feelings towards her and put Jun his number one priority. 

 

================================================

hi guys~~~ I actually had a free time but lol i caught up with some really crazy event was unable to post it even when I've written this chapter long ago >< I'm sorry. But I hope you guy like this chapter. Please do comment and hiiii to new subscribers~ do click upvotes too^^