Jimin

BABY WHO?

D-3 

It was 3 days left before Jun's birthday. Niel was supposed to go and start buying the stuffs for Jun's birthday party but suddenly Niel's parents decided to come to his house to visit him since Niel have never made an effort to visit his parent's house after moving out with Jun. As usual, he had no one to turn to and Namjoo was always available next door. So, he rang Namjoo's door that morning, well, not really. He was knocking on the door like he wanted to crush it down. 

"Namjoo!" Niel cried from outside.

"Why are you knocking on the door so hard!?" Namjoo complained feeling tired and annoyed with Niel's knocking.

"I know you hate me and I know doing this would make you hate me even more but, I really need your help. Please help me take care of Jun for a while and here, my credit card. Please use it to buy stuffs for Jun's birthday preparation. Please~ Please~ I am really sorry." Niel said. 

"What?" She asked. 

"Here, I listed the things that I wanted to buy and even have pictures of them stapled together." Niel said hurriedly. "I'm really sorry."

Namjoo observed Niel's wake up face, messy hair, dried saliva by his mouth and also she smelled his smelly morning breath. She can't believe Niel is actually raising a kid by himself with that kind of personality. However she realized something different about Niel once he handed her two bags. One bag was filled with Jun's toilettries, and clothes. Another bag was filled with Jun's kingdergarten books, color pencils and also puzzle books. 

"What is this for?" Namjoo asked about the first bag. "You didn't give me any bags when you sent him to me last time."

"This bag is his toiletries and clothes, and this one is his school bag." Niel said hurriedly. "Can you please not let him watch TV that much?" Niel asked and surprised Namjoo

"I am sorry for looking down on you but I thought you enjoyed playing games with him and basically didn't really care about his activity." Namjoo said as Niel checked the bag he gave in case he left anything else. 

"I started caring when I realized he doesn't even recognize half of the korean alphabet and he doesn't even know the ABC song." Niel knew about it the other night when he happened to look at Jun struggling to spell out words in his books. "Everything is there. I'm sorry. Bye." 

Niel left and Namjoo closed the door. He looked at Jun who was watching the tv while lying down on the couch. He looked sleepy as it was 5 o'clock in the morning and it seemed too early for him to wake up in the weekend. Namjoo took the bags to her room. As she was walking out from her room, she realized that Jun was already fast asleep. She actually thought of going back to bed as well. Namjoo carried Jun and took him to her room. She puts him next to her on the bed. Namjoo Jun's hair and looked at him silently. 

"Jun's birthday is on the 24th. He can't be." Namjoo said to herself. Namjoo got up and walked to the bags Niel gave her. She was taking out the toilettries so that she could prepare for Jun to take a bath later. As she looked closely at the bag, she realized that the bag had an orphanage logo on it. Her hands trembled. She looked at Jun who was sleeping on her bed. "It can't be true." Her tears ran down her cheeks.

"Maybe I missed my Jimin too much." She said to herself. 

5 years ago......

"Namjoo-yah, why are you moving out all of a sudden?" Her friend asked her through the phone. "Your parents even contacted me and asked if it had anything to do with Dohyung." Her bestfriend said referring to her ex-boyfriend who lived in the same neighborhood.

"You don't have to worry. It's partially about him but most of it is because..." She touched her stomach that seems to grow each passing day. "I just feel like it."

"I hope you are not hiding anything from me." 

Namjoo didn't want anyone to know about her pregnancy. Especially when the baby belongs to a man she doesn't even know because it was a one night stand. She didn't realized things could happen so fast. Things like this could happen in just one night and it happened with a high school student. Even if she wanted him to be responsible, what can he do as a high school student? She thought about getting an abortion but she couldn't stop thinking the guilt she would live with each day if she does so. The guilt would be too heavy to live with everyday. She was out of solutions. The only option she had was to keep the baby without anyone knowing. Even if it means to cut off ties with her friends and families for 9 months. 

Namjoo's friend was constantly taking about her concern towards Namjoo until Namjoo stopped her. "Hyejung, I think I need a time for my own. Can we, stop talking to each other?" She ended her friendship coldly with a phonecall. 

Each day she hides as she watches the fetus grew. Every day, her love for the unborn child grew. She overlooked the future. She didn't thought of what would happen after the labor. Where would she hid the baby? Her family were getting more and more suspicious of her hiding away and shutting herself away from everyone else. Most of her closest friend blamed her ex-boyfriend and in the end, stopped caring and she lost each and everyone of them as days passed. In the end, she was alone as she wanted to be. She was depressed, sad and was alone. She only talked with the unborn child. It was what she wanted but, not what she imagined to feel like. 

The day she went to the labor room alone, the pain was even unbearable as she was alone. No one was by her side. No one was there to support her. She lost everyone along the way to keep the baby as a secret. She felt like giving up. The pain was taking away her life. She wanted to give up until she heard her baby's cries. It was somehow loud enough to accompany her quiet world. The moment she held her baby in her hands, she felt like she has never been lonely. A second with him was able to cover up her 9 months loneliness. She cried thinking how beautiful he is. She looked at her baby and cried of happiness. 

"It's a boy." The doctor said. "Congratulations." 

"Thank you." She said weakly. She looked at her baby. "Thank you, Jimin. For being here with me." She cried. 

However she went back to reality knowing that she couldn't keep Jimin with her. She had to send him away. To somewhere safe and somewhere she could find him again so that when the right time comes, she would be able to bring him home again. That exact night, she took Jimin and ran away from the hospital. She went to the House of Hope and put Jun in a basket. She couldn't remember a day she cried as much as she cried that night when she left Jun alone. She placed a paper in the basket and left, trying so hard not to look back. 

------

She looked at Jun who was sleeping soundly. 

"I named him Jimin." She said to herself. 

Sung Jun woke up to the smell of Namjoo cooking and walked towards the dining table. 

"Sung Jun, I have some questions to ask you." She smiled with her teary eyes. 

"Did you cry?" Jun asked. 

"No, the cat's fur got into my eyes." Namjoo reffered to the cat Niel gave. 

"That's the cat Niel gave to you!" Jun said smiling. 

"Jun-ah, how did you find Niel?" She asked. 

Jun looked at the cat and smiled. "The person who took care of me at the orphanage said, the person who left me at the orphanage left me a piece of paper." 

She was taken aback. 

"What did the paper said?" She asked getting even more nervous and her hands trembled. 

"Erm, it just wrote 'Ahn Daniel. Seungri High School' " Jun said and to her surprise, it was what she wrote that night. 

She remembered the boy's name and school logo. Just that she just realized. 

"The person that has been bugging her everyday, testing her patience, Niel. Ahn Daniel and she didn't even gave herself a second thought about the name Ahn Daniel." She took a breather and felt so angry with herself for not realizing it earlier. She looked into Jun's eyes and tears ran down her cheeks. 

"That's it?" She asked. 

"Yes."

"I wrote him a letter! I told him how bad I was feeling! I... I wrote him something... I wrote a letter for Jimin." Her inside was screaming out. 

She walked towards Jun and hugged him. 

"What's wrong?" Jun asked. 

"I... just feel like hugging you." She cried. 

"It's okay. I'm fine now."

"How difficult has it been for you to find him." She cried more. 

She wrote him a letter, but he didn't get them. She always thought Jimin was so far from her. When actually, he has been so close to her. Sometimes you look too far for something you long for and overlooked at the one nearest to you. 

=====================================================================

 

I'm sorry for the lack of updates >< but... i hope you enjoy this chapter ^^