2008

BABY WHO?

It was Niel's first year in high school. Being a year older than all of his classmates because he had health problems when he was younger that forced him to delay a year of school and was forced to stay home for safety made him a loner. Because people somehow looks at him as an old person when he was just a year older. However, he was not bullied but was more to ignored. He was a nobody. His presence was not important. Whether he is absent, present or even sick, its still the same. 

Niel do have friends from his neighborhood who he knew since he was a child but only one of them went to the same school as he is which is Byunghun. Byunghun, is a friend but he always picks on Niel. Somehow, in Niel's opinion being friends with Byunghun was a cursed that his previous life committed and was sentenced to meet Byunghun in his current life. 

Niel's life was more like a story book he used to draw at home during his sick days. It was full of stories that was far from fairytale and was not logical or how Byunghun call it, bull.

It was reccess time when his classmates that was rather close but they just talked sometimes in class came to his table while he was looking out the window while eating his food that his mom packed for him.

"Hyung! Do you want to join us tonight? All the boys in the class are going!" Changhyun said.

"Tonight? What are we having tonight?" Niel asks

"A small party, they said they know this place that sell alcohols to underage. They said they wanted to try it out." Jonghyun said with a smile.

"Yah! Are you crazy? How can we drink? We are underage!" 

"That is why we are going to that secret place so that we can drink!" Changhyun made a gesture like he's drinking a glass of beer. "Kkkkkk. I can sense the strong taste of beer!" 

"..." This was seriously something that he would get kicked out if his father knew. "I don't think I can. My father are going to beat me up." 

"Aish, hyung. No wonder you're left out by a grade. It's because you're a scaredy-cat. Every man in this world would get whipped by his father. AT LEAST once in a lifetime. Fine, if you're not going. You're just so old-fashioned." Jonghyun said and starts to walk to his table.

"You're right, Jongjjong! Aish, hyung. It's already 2008! Your life should have been possible in everything you do." Changhyun said turning his back against Niel as he sits infront of Niel. 

"Yah, Changhyun-ah, you think Jongjjong suits my face? It's a puppy's name." Jonghyun said.

"That's right, my puppy!" Changhyun said who then got himself a -slap from Jonghyun.

Niel was thinking hard. He's not a loser just that he is so damn afraid of his dad. But he could not let himself be an outcast forever.

"Yah! Changhyun-ah, Jonghyun-ah. I'm in." 

That night, after school, Niel's footstep was heavy to walk with the boys of his class to that secret place. He rubs his necks in awkwardness. He thought that it might be the last time he would be able to have a neck before he gets chopped off by his father if he knew he went drinking underage. Jonghyun and Changhyun walks with Niel as they were too, somekind of the kids that aren't that favorable.

"Hyung, I can tell you're freaking out." Jonghyun said.

"The thing is, if you  ever meet my dad, you would also kill yourself rather than meeting him and getting caught doing something he forbids you to!" Niel said and widen his eyes.

"Just live with it, hyung!" Changhyun said. "I get whipped by my dad every once in awhile for doing stupid things." Changhyun said. "That is life!"

At the restaurant, when everyone of them was ordering beer, Niel was too afraid and he ordered coke instead. Everyone had their eyes on Niel when he ordered coke.

"What?" Niel said referring to those 'why-isn't-he-ordering-soju-face' "I'm COKE!" Niel hand gestured himself holding a bottle of coke.

As they were all tasting the soju and beers, all sorts of sounds came out. Some said its strong, some said its bitter. Some vomits on the spot and some passed out.

"Gosh it's bitter!" Changhyun said rubbing his tounge with his hand.

"Yah! Yoo Changhyun! Finish your soju!" Said one of the member of this hot group in the class that used to bully him.

"Changhyun-ah, I'm going out for awhile, my dad is calling."

"Oh" Changhyun nods. Knowing that he's unable to even drink one full glass of soju, it tasted so wrong to his tounge, he sees Niel's absence as a chance. Ge takes Niel's bottle of coke. 

Outside of the restaurant.

"Appa, I'll be home a bit late, Jonghyunnie and Changhyunnie told me they wanted me to teach them a topic we just learned today because they couldn't understand it. Don't worry!" Niel convinced his dad so that his lie won't be expose. Niel enters the restaurant and starts pouring more coke from the bottle into his glass.

Changhyun on the other hand looked nervous. Niel pats his shoulder. "Changhyunnie, you're okay?"

"..Oh..oh...I'm okay." 

One glass, two glass of cokes and Niel started to feel blurry. When Niel was pouring the third time, Changhyun stopped him.

"Hyung! Maybe you should stop drinking coke." Changhyun said.

"Ah! Why?" Niel ask.

"Cause..erm.. You know. It makes your stomach upset! You'll get stomach ache." Changhyun said nervously.

"You worry about things that even I don't care."

Jonghyun saw Changhyun's sudden change in attitude. "Yah, whats wrong with you? Just chill, Niel hyung just ordered a coke." Jonghyun laughs.

"Yeah, coke." Changhyun gave a fake smile.

As everyone was hitting the road for home, Niel hardly can even walk. He was falling and bumping into too many things. Jonghyun holds Niel's hand and offered a help.

"Hyung, you're okay? You seems...drunk? You ordered coke right?" Jonghyun asked.

"Oh, coke. I'm just dizzy. But this feeling is just funny." Niel gives a small laugh.

Changhyun suddenly seems to be in a hurry, and gives Niel some money. "Hyung, we're going! Here take this money and YOU MUST GO HOME BY TAXI! I'm paying for you! Let's go Jonghyun-ah!" 

Changhyun pulls Jonghyun and runs until they arrive at the bus station when Jonghyun force Changhyun to let go.

"What's wrong with you?" Jonghyun asked. "No, I mean what exactly happened to Niel hyung. Do you know what he drank?" 

"Coke."

"Really? You look like you know something." Jonghyun gave Changhyun a strong stare that made him anxious.

"Fine! I was unable to finish a bottle of soju! I was so scared that bastard would hit me again, so I pour my left over soju into Niel's hyung drinks." Changhyun admits his wrong-doing.

"Yah! We need to help him! We should at least send him home when he's a little sober! How much was your left over?" 

"I only drank 3 cups." Changhyun said.

"YAH! NO WONDER HE'S ALL DRUNK!" 

Niel on the other hand was walking at a road he was unsure either. 

"Aish, why am I so dizzy? I can't even see which way I'm going." Niel said when he bumped into a trash can. He knocks his forehead a few times before someone bumped into him.

Changhyun and Jonghyun tried looking for him but maybe he went home on a taxi and left.

The next morning....

Niel felt the heat from the sun greets his dizzy sleep and so he turned away. He wanted to sleep more. Last night was totally tiring he thought. Then he realized, sunrise? IT'S MORNING! He wakes up and realize he is not in his room.

"Oh , where am I? Aish! Who gives a damn! I'm late for school!" Niel said and starts to wear his uniforms. As he was leaving, he saw a letter on the table. 

You don't have to pay for the room, since you were so drunk, I thought you needed help. Study well!

The handwriting was hideous. He looked at his phone and saw 64 missed calls from his father. It quickly got his attention on the phone.

"He must be a good guy for helping me." Niel said and left the hotel.

The thing Niel didn't know was the room he stayed in was a deluxe room at a 4-star hotel.

===============================================================

So....how was the first chapter?? I'm quite nervous cause like...fuhhh i dont know... Please do comment and subscribe and click the upvote button too! Thank you~~~~