Meeting My Chingu!

The Bet that Won Her Heart

 

Hyo Ri POV

It's been a few hours since I said goodbye to my parents and now I am already flying to Korea. After checking my Iphone and going over my to do lists, last goodbye messages from my friends from America and the new hello messages I have been getting from my friends from Korea, I decided it was time to fully explain to you guys who I am. So here goes...

Anyonghaseyo! Jeoneun Park Hyori-imnida

I am twenty four international age and twenty five in Korean age. I studied digital arts and media and my dream job is to be the best video designer for music companies like SME and YGE. I am part Korean, part Filipino, and part Japanese. (Yeah that's a lot of Asian in me... So, yeah you can call me an Asian roll) I was born in the Philippines but moved to America when I was one and a half year old. And there I grew up, got an education and met my long-time guy friend whom I asked for advice about Korea. And yes, this friend of mine is The Lee Sungmin of Super Junior.

We met when I was about four years old. You see back then I was bit of a cry baby.... Maybe until now... Anyway what happen was I sort of got lost in the mall that my parents had brought me to for Halloween. I remember zoning out and then suddenly when I came to, I was surrounded by a crowd of people. Being the young innocent child I was, I started crying my eyes out until I suddenly felt a tug on my kimono costume. I turned and saw a young boy dressed up as Kung-Fu master. I remember he had kind eyes and dark brown hair. He was also carrying a big bag of candy.

Suddenly he said, "Are you okay princess?"

As I rubbed my eye I replied," Aniyo, I lost my Umma and Appa. I don't know what happened." As soon as I said those words he smiled and knelt down.

"Then together your majesty, we will find you Umma and Appa together." he said like he was swearing his alliance to me. I smiled and he grabbed my hand to go look for my mommy and daddy.

"What's your name princess?" the mysterious Kung-Fu master asked.

"Hyori, Park Hyori. And what is your name, my Kung-Fu master?" I said truly did want to know his name, the name of the mysterious boy who offered to help me in my time of need.

"The name is Lee Sungmin." he said with a matter of fact tone. We continued to talk while searching for my parents and not fifteen minutes passed and I had already felt like Sungmin was my long lost brother. We were so different but somehow we were already the best of friends. Another fifteen minutes passed and right smack in the middle of the mall were my parents and what seemed to be Sungmin's parents as well.

"HYORI!!!" my parents called as I crashed into their arms. Enjoying my reunion with my parents I hadn't realized that my new found friend was being scolded by his parents. I plucked up my courage and headed toward where they were arguing.

"With all do respect Mr. and Mrs. Lee, Sungmin-shi saved me from never seeing my parents again. And I really don't think Mr. and Mrs. Lee, that he should be punished for helping me. Ummm... Not to be rude or anything... Mianhamnida, for causing and trouble in your busy schedules." I said in a confident but nervous voice. At my last statement I bowed past ninth degrees which I knew was the ultimate respect. After a few seconds of silence I realized that nobody was going to say anything so I lifted my head just enough to see what Sungmin's parents' expressions were. And boy, did I wish I had a camera back then. Their faces were changing from furious to astonishment to relieved and to finally understanding. They smiled and told me to lift my head. At that moment my parents walked in on the conversation apologizing to the Lee family.

"Your daughter here certainly knows how to persuade others at a very young age." Mr. Lee said to my father who was just standing there gaping at the situation. The Lee’s turned to me.

"Young lady for your bravery and strength I praise you. I had no idea my son would have taken time out to help a young girl like you. Thank you for clearing the situation out." Mrs. Lee said. My face brightened and I turned to face Sungmin while the adults discussed affairs about what happened.

"Your Majesty, thank you for that just now." Sungmin said.

"No problem! But I was wondering why do you keep calling me like I am from noble blood all this time that we were together?" I asked him.

"That’s easy. Firstly you are pretty enough to be royalty and secondly you are dressed like a Japanese princess aren't you?" he said as I blushed.

"Well thank you for the compliment but really don't call me that, even if I am dressed like a royalty." I said.

"Then what will I call you then?" Sungmin asked quizzically.

"Ummm.... What about lifelong friends!" I exclaimed as I held out my hand.

"Chingus!?! Ummm.... Yeah I like it! Lifelong friends then!" Sungmin agreed and took my hand.

From that point on we were inseparable. Sungmin even lived in my town and even across my street. We were joined by the hip. From elementary to high school we were never that far away from each other.

We were happy.

However thing changed in our third year of high school, he had to leave and move to Korea. He moved because he wanted to become an idol and his father got a really good job there.

Finally, the day came when my best friend was to leave me. After I asked my parents, I went to go drop off the Lee family.

“Hyori, I will miss you and your laughing voice in our house.” Mrs. Lee said to me and I blushed. Then Mr. Lee came in front of me.

“Hyori dear, do you still remember the first time our families met?” he asked me.

“Of course I remember Mr. Lee,” how could I ever forget that Halloween day.

“That day you proved to be a strong and worthy girl for any man in Korea. I want you to always remember to stay that way and maybe someday I will give my blessing to you and Sungmin’s wedding.” He said smiling as he patted me on the head like the four year old girl from before. By that time I was blushing. The Lee’s and my family always thought that Sungmin and I would get married one day buti never really thought about my chingu that way. However, I didn’t know what Sungmin thought of the idea. Then my best friend stepped in front of me.

“Chingu~ I am going to miss you so much! This would be the first time since we first met that we would be this far away from each other. I don’t know what I am going to do without you?” Sungmin whined. I just smiled and I took his hands in mine. I looked into his big watery eyes.

“Then let’s make a vow just so that we have something to look forward to arraso?”  I asked my bestie.

“Arraso, let’s vow to make all of our dreams come true and to meet each other again no matter what.” He said in a whisper.

“And that once we will meet again we will never leave each other’s side.” I continued in a strong voice but tears were already forming in my eyes. I nodded my head and pulled him into a bear hug. I didn’t want him to see the tears fall from my eyes. I didn’t want to have the last image of me as a cry baby he first met.

We pulled away from our hug and held each other’s hands once again.

The simultaneously we yelled, “FIGHTING!!!” and punched the air.

As the Lee family was walking away the tears uncontrollably spilled from my eyes. Suddenly Sungmin turned. He smiled and waved goodbye one last time. Before he could turn back, I held up my hand, smiled and waved back.

“See you soon my Minnie!!!”

That was the last time I saw my best friend in person.

 

So there you have it the story of our friendship.

Okay gonna take a nap now. Gnight! See you guys in Korea!

 

A/N

Just another chapter to satisfy your hungry needs :D enjoy!