Fade And Bloom

My Beautiful Roommate

The wind breeze was very cold but that was not a hindrance for Ricky to run away. He ran away and away, so far that his feet started to get numb. Unaware, he ended up in a very memorable place in the park. He forced a smile on his face when he looked up and found out that he was standing in front of the tree, the tree where he fell asleep and Changjo woke him up. Tears were still on the go on Ricky's cheeks. Tears that were warm all because of Changjo. He wasn't able to control himself anymore and loud sobs erupted from him along with the unmeasurable pain in his heart. At the end, he ended up breaking down on the ground.

Changjo hurried back to his room, anticipating that Ricky will be waiting for him inside but he was wrong. He opened the door and found no one. He checked their bathroom but still, no Ricky was found. He sat on the couch and stared at the ceiling, thinking where could Ricky be. Few minutes passed and a single tear threatened to form on his right eye but it was quickly vanished when Changjo thought where Ricky could be. A small smile formed on his face, happy and assured that he knew where Ricky was that time. He went out of the room and made his way to the park.

Changjo walked around the park. He kept walking around, looking for signs of Ricky. A few more walks he spent and he heard soft and familiar sobs coming behind a tree. The tree where he caught Ricky sleeping before. He smiled, a hundred percent sure those were Ricky's sobs. He walked to the other side and he met Ricky, who was sitting on the ground. Changjo did the same and he started a conversation.

"Ricky."

Ricky didn't reply and ignored Changjo.

"Ricky, please talk to me."

For the second time, Ricky ignored him. Changjo sighed, knowing that he really needed to explain and that's what he did.

"Well, I didn't really mean those words. I'm sorry."

And for the third time, Ricky ignored him. Changjo thought that Ricky might be demanding for more explanation and that's what he did.

"Ricky, what I mean is that you're the only one I love. I like you and I don't like Chanhee anymore. But as a friend, I still love him and my love for him is all about concern. That's all. Please believe me."

"Changjo ... I ... I feel I'm a ... burden to you."

"No, you are not. Don't think like that."

"But you said ... that ... if ... if I didn't confess to you ... you won't give up Chanhee. I'm really sorry."

"That's all in the past, Ricky. Right now, I love you and only you. And ... and I just said those words to motivate Byunghun to take back Chanhee."

"I don't know Changjo. I don't know anymore."

"Let's go back to our dorm now. It's getting cold in here."

"Please leave me alone. Please?"

"But I can't leave you. I'm afraid that you're gonna run away again."

"Please Changjo. Just ... just give me some time ... to think."

"Think?"

"Yeah. Alright. If you don't want to leave, then I'll do it. But please, don't try to follow me."

"Alright, alright. I'll leave now. Be back soon and I'll buy you your favorite cheesecakes. I love you Ricky!"

Even though Changjo gave Ricky a cheerful and energetic smile, the latter was still not in the mood. Ricky didn't even opened his mouth to say I love you too to Changjo. Ricky stayed still on his position but the tears on his eyes were just relentless. His heart was still in pain, knowing that Changjo was not really true with his words. Changjo was finally away from Ricky and he sighed in relief. Relieved that he managed to calm down Ricky. Little did Changjo knew that Ricky was starting to become different ever since the latter heard those painful words from his mouth. Ricky changed, to the point that he was about to say something to Changjo, something that might hurt Changjo's feelings.

Few more time were consumed by Ricky and he decided to go back in his room. He opened the door and he was welcomed by Changjo's smile.

"Perfect timing! I just arrived from your favorite bakeshop! Here, I bought a box of the cheesecakes just like what I promised!"

"Gomawo."

They sat across each other at the mini dining table. Ricky's face was pale and he wasn't able to smile. He felt his cheeks got numb probably due to the pressure he had awhile ago. Changjo noticed Ricky's current situation and decided to become cheerful, hoping that it would lighten up the mood. Changjo opened the box of cheesecakes and Ricky was still like before. Changjo placed a slice on Ricky's plate and he did the same to his plate. While they were consuming the cheesecakes, Ricky gathered all his force and strength to say something to Changjo who kept on blabbering noises about their future, studies and even about the food's taste.

"And after ten years, I want to have a huge house. Let's make a dozen of kids! Or maybe ... two dozens! Hoho! That's too much, right? I will be a professional dancer and I will be famous! And when I become rich, I'll buy all of the bakeshops around the world just for you!"

"Changjo."

"Hmmmm?"

"I don't know if I should trust you again this time. From the very start, I put my trust on you but in the end, I'm always hurt. I'm afraid to get hurt anymore. It feels like my heart is being torn apart. Every night, I cried just thinking about you and the other people surrounding you. I'm a little jealous that I'm just ... a friend. Changjo, I can't do this anymore. I want to be free from this one-sided love. I know you're just saying that to cheer me up."

"What are you saying? You are my boyfriend, Ricky. I love you so much!"

"No, you know what I mean Changjo. Just be true to yourself. Follow your heart. We ... we can still be friends, right?"

"Are you breaking up with me?!"

"I'm sorry but ... I think I'm really tired of loving you now. Just ... just give me some space and more time."

"Ricky ... I'm sorry if I am not a very good boyfriend. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay. Maybe ... we are destined to be just ... friends."

"Yeah ... friends."

Ricky immediately went up on his bed. He lied down on his bed, trying to forget every pain he felt because of Changjo. He was so kind and pure that he never thought of doing something evil to Chanhee and he proudly smiled when that thing entered his mind. Changjo also went on his bed. He was really in pain. He just couldn't believe that Ricky was tired of him. Even though he did not want Ricky to break up with him, he gave the latter what he wanted. He thought that it's best to have a cool-off that time so that Ricky would be able to recover his torned heart. When Ricky is fine and well in the near future, he promised that he will change and ask the latter again to go out with him. Because Changjo believed that he and Ricky are meant with each other, contrary to what Ricky said to him awhile ago.

The next day.

Everyone didn't notice but the class was finally over. Ricky immediately stood up from his seat and left the room. Changjo noticed Ricky who already left and he secretly followed the cutie. Byunghun stayed, thinking about what should he do with Chanhee. Meanwhile, Chanhee was busy putting his things inside his bag. Chanhee noticed that he and Byunghun were the only persons left inside and he fastened his pace. Just before he opened the door, a sudden force held his wrist. Byunghun. Byunghun shut the door, preventing Chanhee to leave. Byunghun softy and carefully pushed Chanhee back to the latter's seat. Of course, Chanhee was confused and a little ... annoyed.

"What are you doing? I really need to go now becau-"

"Because what? Because Bang Yongguk is waiting for you!"

"Eh? What's with him?"

"I heard that you and that jerk are now roommmates. Is that true?!"

"Yeah, w-why? And ... why are you ... mad?"

"OF COURSE I WILL BE MAD!"

"O-Okay. Can I leave no-"

"NO! Not yet. Chanhee ... are you going out with him?"

"EH! We're not dating! Who said that?! Omo! Is that going to spread around here in Pledis High! Eotteokhae?!"

"But ... someone told me that ... you ate with him at the cafeteria yesterday."

"Yeah so what? I think it doesn't mean that we're dating, right?"

Chanhee stood up and went towards the door. Byunghun picked up his bag and he walked towards Chanhee. Before Chanhee opened the door, Byunghun stood from his behind. A comforting hug from behind was felt by Chanhee. A comforting hug that he really missed so much.

"Chanhee, I love you so much."

"I love you too Byunghun but with Hyeri inside this scho-"

"Arasseo. I'll do something with that. But please, you will wait for me right?"

"Of course I will. I will wait for that handsome face again. I will wait for your hugs again."

The two stared at each other's eyes. Byunghun leaned closer to Chanhee's lips. Then Chanhee's tummy suddenly grumbled, completely destroying the moment.

"Byunghun."

"Aish! I know, I know! Let's go eat something to fill that empty tummy of yours."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't worry I can still kiss you next time right? When two of us are alone."

"But you have a girlfriend. She will be hurt."

"I don't love her. Anyway, let's stop this argument because this is nonsense. Let's go now and eat."

The two smiled at each other before they held hands and interlaced each other's fingers. The two merrily walked along the hallways until they reached the cafeteria.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHANGRICK fading? CHUNJOE blooming again?! OMG. I don't know if I should be happy or whattttt :D But anyways, please comment and subscribe :D Thanks for reading! :D