That Night

Our Love Story

*YOUR POV*

“Fine just for today,” I replied and hung up the phone conversation with appa.

*Omo appa-ah why are you doing this to me now? Do you really have to spend the next one whole week with Kyungsoo’s umma at Jeju all of the sudden. You should have told me beforehand and now you want me to spend a week at this jerk’s place!* I whined and complained.

“What is going on, don’t you have any manners, don’t shout loudly at someone house” Kyungsoo ‘taught’ me a lesson as if he was my umma when he came into the kitchen to pour himself a glass of water.

“You are not my umma. If you are so curious, then why not call your umma and check it out for yourself?” I talked backed and rolled my eyes at him.

“Rude.” He dropped a negative comment then hit the side of my head.

“Hey you are the rude one!” I protested in pain.

“Shut up I am calling my umma now,” He instructed and covered my mouth.

 “Umma, neh it is me,”

“What-- no way! I already promise to go on this date and you promise me that after this you will let me have my own love life!” Kyungsoo yelled into the phone then the speaker before throwing his phone onto the table.

“Neh, I did promise you that but I think this girl is the one for you and I want you to married her! That is an order!” Kyungsoo’ s umma yelled through the phone. I was shocked and I took a slight glance at Kyungsoo’s face, he was angry.

Sensing that a fight will be emerging soon, I quickly cut into the conversation.

“Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Do, “I greeted.

A voice of angry and furious tone immediately changed into sometime so warm and kind hearted.

“Jung Min Joo shi,nice to meet you. How is my son, is he nice to you?”

*I wish he was*

“He is very nice and sweet, don’t worry I can go home myself till my appa come back from Jeju. There isn’t a need for me to stay at your house” I excused myself to go home instead of staying at the jerk’s house.

“No, I insisted that you stay with my son. It is safer since your appa and I would be gone for a week and I want you guys to spend more time together,” Mrs. Do denied my solution.

“There isn’t really a---“

“Umma, I would take care of her this one week have fun at Jeju,” Kyungsoo said and hung up the phone without even biding goodbye.

“How many rooms do you have?” I questioned.

“What do you think huh, my umma bought this house for ME and only me!” Kyungsoo replied with an annoyed tone.

*Geez, this guy one minute he was all kind and nice the next minute other cool and mean. One room huh. Guess someone got to sleep on the floor tonight.* I pouted.

“Come on, I will show you my room” Kyungsoo grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me to his room. His room was neatly packed and it was huge! There was one huge bathroom and a huge TV.

“Wah! This is so cool.” I exclaimed like a five year old as I looked around. Kyungsoo just smirked and took an over-sized pullover and a small size track pants and handed it to me.

“Wear this as pajamas and you sleep on the floor tonight,” He instructed then pointed at the floor beside his bed.

“No I am not going to! You are the guy so should you sleep on the floor instead?” I asked with a duh tone.

“Yeah, but this is my house, my room and my rule. If you are not happy you can go home,” He repelied coolly. I rolled my eyes.

“I rather go home then,”

“Andwae my umma said you need to stay here for one whole week,” He said and walked back to the living room.

*How I wish she didn’t such an not being a gentlemen at all. How does he have so many fans then, indeed one of the world’s wonder,* I followed him out.

Since I have nothing better to do, I decided to study and do my homework while Kyungsoo inconsiderately on the television to a loud volume to distract me. I managed to ignore somehow perhaps that is how much I hate him then.

I did my homework first since I was unable to study for my test as some idiot purposely made me lost all my notes.

*I did those overnight, such a waste of hard work* I sighed and mentally cursed him.

*Homework done and now some revision.* I thought and paused.

*How am I supposed to revise when I have no notes or textbooks with me?* I sadly place my head on the table thinking of how I am so going to fail the text tomorrow.

“Here, use these to study instead,” Kyungsoo said and handed me a pile of hand written notes.

“Korea History notes,” I softly read out and flipped through it.

*This is exactly what I need,* I was in joy!

“How did you know I have a history test tomorrow?” I curiously asked wanting to thank him but maybe not, since it wasn’t my fault at all.

“I saw your notes that you lost,” He said not taking his eyes off the Television.

“It was your fault that I lost my notes though..” I protested in defense.

“Blame it on yourself for not holding onto the notes tight enough,”

“Ugh I—Thank you then,” I blurted out those meaningless words and began my revision.

-2 hours later-

It was already 5pm and since it was near dinner time, I decided to cook my own dinner.

“Hey! You want some dinner, I will cook” I asked emotionlessly as I kept my books and notes.

“Sure, hurry go cook I’m hungry,” He told me but still watching the TV.

*This guy is really--* I held in my anger as I started cooking.

*If I really marry him like how appa and Mrs. Do want us to, I don’t think he would be any nicer to me. We can’t be together we hate each other and we aren’t getting along well at all, should I--. No! I can’t break this deal. It will make appa looked bad and the Jung corporation might ‘fall’ again.* I thought as I cut the cabbage but accidently cut my own finger.

“Ouch!” An agonizing pain rushed through my whole hand as I saw blood oozing out. I panicked, not knowing what to do when suddenly, Kyungsoo came over and rinsed my wound under the cold water.

All the pain go away instantly as if it was magic, I was shocked by his suddenly caring action.

*Why is he so caring?* I looked at him, his perfect side view as I could feel my heart pounding really fast.

*Have I fallen just for you just by this slightest action, no I can’t—right?* I questioned my confusions but looking at Kyungsoo, never taking my eyes of him. He helped me clean and bandage my wound.

“Why are you so nice to me all of the sudden. I mean didn’t you hate me since we first met cause your umma forced you to marry me. Plus I am not your type too right?” I asked.

Kyungsoo remained silent.

 “Go rest, I will continue to cook,” Kyungsoo coolly replied ignoring my previous question.

I nodded not knowing why I want to know the answer so bad but, I just left the kitchen to rest.

 -During Dinner-

“Faster eat your dinner, so I can wash the dishes,” Kyungsoo nagged as he ate his dinner.

As much as I wanted to eat, I can’t. My finger felt so numb and it hurts so much that I can’t move them.

He looked up from his dish and looked at me while chewing.

“Can’t hold the chopstick?” He asked kindly, a little cute perhaps. He wasn’t cold anymore.

“Neh, I can’t,” I replied shyly, softly. D.O just scooped a spoon of rice with meats and veggie.

“Say ah,” He instructed and brought the spoon in front of my mouth while another hand putting below the spoon so the food won’t drop on the floor.

I just did as I was told and he fed me my dinner while eating his own. Unknowingly, we ended up using each other’s spoon and chopsticks.

-That Night-

“Tofu, sit! Hand! Roll over!”

“Aren't you a smart puppy and a good boy!” I complimented Tofu.

“Aren’t you going to sleep?” Kyungsoo questioned and jumped onto his bed.

“I am now” I replied and took the pillow and blanket then threw them on the floor.

“Wait!” He exclaimed and stopped before I could lie down on the floor.

*Is he finally becoming a gentleman? Letting me sleep on the bed and he sleep on the floor* I thought and smile.

“Go off the lights,” He instructed and pointed towards the light switch.

*My gosh of cause he is not. What was I thinking?* I walked grumpily to the light switch and off it.

“Goodnight,” I said since I had a habit to do so.

“Don’t say goodnight to me, having you to live with me every day is going to be a horrible night,” He said.

“Psh you think I like it?” I replied with the same tone.

“You are a lucky ugly duckling that doesn’t know that how many girls would like to share a room with me,” He said arrogantly.

“Lucky? Maybe before they see the real you,” I said and slowly fall asleep.


*Kyungsoo’s POV*

*This isn’t the real me, Min Joo. I just acted like this so you would hate me and break the deal but no matter how I treated you. You just tolerated it all and acted as if nothing has happened, why did you tolerate it? What is the reason? You kept on showing your cute side unintentionally and it is making me fall for you every second,* I thought as I took a little glance at Min Joo who is sleeping on the floor.

*Cute,* I silently whisper out and smile to myself. I notice Min Joo was shivering and notice that the A.C. was blowing directly at her. Without hesitation, I gave her my blanket instead.