Chapter 27

Rival Secret

  There were many times in Hyuna's life where she was terrified, but something about WooHyun holding her terrified her above everything else. She didn't have a clear grasp of why, but she assumed it to be because of all her nightmares coming true into one huge nightmare.

 The buzzer told Hoya two things. If pressed once, Hoya would come to her. If pressed twice, she would go to him. She knew that he was making his way over now. She could feel it in her heart. 

 She wondered if a person could look so evil, but apparently, it was possible. Judging WooHyun's expression, he knew about everything awhile ago. Why didn't he stop them? Would it be too boring?

 He had picked the fallen gun off the ground and pressed it to her head. There was no way out. She didn't bother to struggle as she was cuffed to a chair or when he stuck a tape across . What was the point? 

 WooHyun's puppets came in after he left her in the room. They pointed guns at her head, telling if she made one move, they would shoot her. She wasn't stupid, she's been in the gang business for quite awhile now. They didn't have to give her directions, thank you very much.

 Hoya was coming and would arrive in less than five minutes now. Hyunseung was getting final check up, which should be near it's end. He would come in about fifteen minutes. Either way, she knew that this was the final fight that they would have.

 WooHyun didn't come back after leaving, which scared her more. Later, all his goons left her too, making the room vacant. In the distance, she heard the sounds of a car pull up, and she knew it was Hoya. Judging from the sounds of steps, he was alone for now. The car door closed and door to the house was opened. Damn the tape on .

 "Hyuna? Don't play tricks on me, where the hell are you?" Hoya's voice sounded distant still. 

 She could still hear his steps, so that meant one thing: he wasn't dead yet. His steps made their way over to the stairs, and he began to climb up. WooHyun was nowhere still, and there weren't any sounds of guns clicking or any other footsteps she could hear. If they were planning something, she couldn't hear it, and she had pretty damn well hearing.

 "Kim Hyuna! Where are you?" He yelled from frustration.

She was surprised that he didn't give up and go back to his car. That damn idiot. He was opening doors to every door now. He was dead close to hers. 
 
After the door nearest of hers closed, she knew it was time. The door to where she was at opened slightly, then opened wide, revealing her state. At first, he just stared, than he took his gun out right away. 

"Hyuna." His voice was barely audible. 

Her eyes didn't show him any clues or emotion. They were dull, and she was so still that she wondered if she was dead for a moment. The soft sounds of her breaths only helped him snap back. He had the gun locked and loaded quietly, like he was skilled to do.  

 It was a trap. A set up. He knew from that moment when he saw the best fighter in the country tied up and gagged. WooHyun knew everything.

"Wondeful isn't it?" 

 Hyuna snapped her head up to the sound of the voice. Hoya pointed his gun at the distance, but there was nothing. Hyuna looked confused, maybe even she didn't know.
 
He really wished he brought Infinite along with him. At least he would have more fire power. There was chuckling, it was definitely WooHyun. 
 
 He was nowhere in the room, but his voice sounded so clear. Hyuna's face didn't betray her emotions, which scared him even more. 

 Hyuna knew, only a few more minutes until Hyunseung gets here. Was WooHyun waiting for the moment where all three of them would be together? Maybe he was planning to kill them, but won't it be too easy? She knew that Hoya didn't plan to do anything until WooHyun showed his face to him. 
 
 Hoya never looked back at Hyuna's eyes after. He just aimlessly pointed his gun to whenever they both heard a sound.

 Hyuna counted backwards now. One minute, any minute now. Right then, she heard the car pull up the driveway. He was here, and it was time. 

 Hoya seem to have heard it too because he stared at her for the first time in awhile. She heard the clear bang of the car door closing. That familiar tune that Hyunseung would whistle whenever he was alone. The door opened, and the steps stopped.

~Flashback~

 A young girl waited underneath a large oak tree. She had been waiting for awhile now, but no one bothered to go and talk to her. The morning turned into noon. The noon turned into afternoon. The afternoon turned into evening. The evening turned into night. Still, the girl waited underneath the tree. 
 
 The wind blew, nipping at her already too cold skin. Her lips were blue, her teeth were chattering. Still, she didn't make a sound, didn't even try to warm herself.

The streets were still bustling with people, yet none of them came for her. Soon, even the streets were empty. 

 Her eyes were empty by then. No light, no hope, nothing. Finally, a voice called and she looked up. It was the only moment where her eyes were filled with pure happiness, only to be destroyed immediately.

 Two figures came to her, knelt by her, and covered her in warm blankets. One carried her while the other tried to tell her something. The words went through he ear, but she couldn't comprehend them, she wouldn't. 

 She was already num from the cold, but now she felt as if she was nothing. Nothing at all. She closed her eyes then, only to reopen them and never show her true feelings in them again.

~Present~

 Hyuna never realized that she had closed her eyes until she opened them again. The pictures in her mind looked so clear. She still didn't hear the steps continue again from downstairs. Hoya was still staring at her, but she didn't have a clue why the steps could have stopped.

 Then, the steps continued, and so did the whistling. The tune, the same tune that Hyunseung whistled, but Hyuna heard it, the difference. It was barely a difference, but Hyuna had heard it since she was young. She knew Hyunseung didn't blow like that. 

 Sure enough, WooHyun came in, whistling that tune ever so similarly. Hoya immediately pointed the gun at him, but WooHyun just chuckled.

"I wouldn't even bother. If you kill me, you die too." He told the two of them

WooHyun motioned the device on his hip,"This senses my heart beat. As soon as my heart stops, all the bombs in this beautiful house wonderfully explodes before you even have a chance to get out." He told them with a smirk.

 Hoya cursed and dropped his gun.

"Good boy." WooHyun said.

Hyuna looked at the two of them, desperately wanting to ask if that was Hyunseung that had come.

"Seems like our princess wants to ask something, doesn't she?" WooHyun said, coming over and taking the tape off.

 Her cheeks were stinging because of the sudden rip of the tape off . He eyes, ever so beautiful, glared at him with pure hatred.

"Where's Hyunseung." It really wasn't like a question. It was more of a 'if you don't answer, I'm going to kill you no matter what' kind of statement.

"Oh..... I don't know, why don't you take a guess? I'll tell you the choices: heaven or hell." He replied with a smile.

Hyuna felt her face get hot, anger and unbelief mixing together at once.  WooHyun motioned her to answer, but Hyuna only continued to glare.

"If you don't answer, I'll tell you. You think heaven's a place for people like us? Gangs live to kill and die to live. The only place we can fulfill that is hell. But don't worry my sweet Hyuna, you'll join him there real soon." He said, caressing her face.

Hoya aimed a punch at WooHyun after seeing his actions, but WooHyun caught him and flipped him to the ground. 

"Tsk tsk tsk, I thought I taught you better than this." He said kicking the other on the stomach.

Hyuna had frozen, her eyes were dull again, all the fire in them diminished. Hoya groaned from the repeated kicks that WooHyun gave him, but never took his eyes off of her. He finally stopped kicking him and traced his gaze back to Hyuna. For a moment, she could see his emotions in his eyes, clear as day, but they were gone as soon as they appeared. 
 
 Hoya was laying on the ground groaning, but he was looking straight at her. She had to trust her instincts that never failed her before. She forced herself to believe that she was a gangster, and she knew what to do.

"Are you ready to join him now?" He asked, holding a gun against her head.

 Heaven knows where he got that gun again. Hoya tried to stand and attack him, but WooHyun had kicked him repeatedly again, and HARD. When he reached for WooHyun, he was just punched in the jaw and slammed him to the wall. What surprised her was that WooHyun shot him right in the stomach.

That was when she showed her true surprise for once. Hoya was also shocked, and slumped down without able to do anything more.

"Don't worry, you won't die so soon. I aimed for the mid-section. It hurts like hell, but it won't kill you." WooHyun to Hoya.

He aimed the gun back to her,"He's going to watch you die, but I'll kill him right after, so don't you worry. You should thank me, I'm letting you die so easily, away from all your heart aches and problems."

He reloaded and glared,"Goodbye Kim Hyuna."

To escape a bullet only two inches away from the head, she had to move about two nanoseconds before he fired. Impossible? Not for her. The terror that had made her numb was gone. She saw his fingers twitch and rocked herself to the floor right as he shot the bullet. 

She hit the ground hard and hit her head in the process. She didn't even have time to register the pain before she had to wiggle in her binds to dodge the second bullet. 

 The only useful thing she found out during that little dodge ball game was that she was pretty fast wiggling around, she would always move at the last second to make the bullet miss her. Soon, WooHyun was out of bullets, and she was pretty worn out. 

 "This is fun. I like to see you struggle for your life. Interesting." He said as he reloaded.

 Hyuna was tired, flapping around on the ground, dodging bullets to live wasn't as fun as she imagined it would be. There was a pool of blood nearby, and she saw that Hoya's breathing was growing ragged.

She had to find a way out and fast, but she had nothing. He had finished loading the damn gun and was beginning to point it at her again. She wanted to let him just shoot her to death, but she heard it. The smallest click of a gun that only one person could actually succeed in doing without anyone hearing it. 

 She was so glad that she wanted to hit him, but it really wasn't his fault. Hyuna silently prayed that WooHyun didn't hear the click, which was pretty hard to hear. She could only do it because Hyunseung always did it around her and taught her how.

 "Giving up? Well, that's too bad, but it was fun. I guess it's time for you to go." WooHyun said.

Hyuna glared at him,"The only one that going anywhere is you, and I'll make sure its hell."

He chuckled,"Be my guest."

She never broke her eye contact with him. Even when Hyunseung came bursting in with the rest of Infinite shooting everywhere. Even when WooHyun was shot repeatedly. Even when he lay on the cold floor bleeding. She never looked away.

Hyunseung rushed to her when Infinite rushed to Hoya. He was so pale now that they even wondered if he was alive. Hyunseung helped Hyuna get rid of the bounds. Infinite quickly carried Hoya out and decided that the hospital was the only option. Hyuna and Hyunseung would stay.

Hyuna was still staring at WooHyun, mostly for two reasons. One: she couldn't bear to look at Hoya's ghostly pale face. Two: she felt as if WooHyun would disappear if she didn't.

"W...what are you waiting for? Go ahead, I don't care." He spitted out.

Hyuna sighed,"I'm waiting because I want the full story. Why, just tell me why." She told him.

He softly chuckled,"You're forcing a bleeding man to talk?" 

"You're talking just fine now."

He smirked,"I did it because I wanted revenge. Well, at first....." He coughed some more.

"At first it was for revenge, but then, I found some joy in it. Haunting you guys, seeing Hoya trust in me that greatly. I have to admit, it was fun."

Hyuna felt anger rising up inside her again and wanted to kill him there, but she felt Hyunseung's hand firmly grab hers, pulling her back to reality.

"Is it still fun?" She asked.

He never lost his smirk,"It will always be."

"Hyuna. We have to go." Hyunseung said as he nudged her.

Hyuna lifted the gun that Hyunseung had given to her and aimed for his head.her arm was steady as ever, and she was still staring into his piercing gaze.

"Go ahead, but remember, as soon as my heart stops, this house goes boom." He reminded them.

"I will gladly die to see you killed." She told him, then she dropped her arm,"But I'm not like you. I'm not going to do all those horrible things you did for revenge. Do me a favor and die on your own." Hyuna said.

WooHyun chucked as the duo left the room. He lifted his bloody hand and picked the gun off the ground,"Now this should be interesting."

 Hyunseung pulled Hyuna through the doors of the house and into the car. He pressed on the pedals as soon as the engine started and drove away from the house. Soon enough, it exploded into pieces of brick and glass.

 Hyuna looked back at the ruins of the house and turned back. Hyunseung still had their hands intertwined,"I'm sorry." He told her.

She looked at him in disbelief,"Hyunseung! Why are you sorry? You out of all these people shouldn't be telling me sorry. No one knew that the bastard would have been there. At least it's over now." Hyuna responded.

"It's all over." He repeated.

She assumed that he was driving towards the hospital. While going, she thought about all the things WooHyun did to her, to Hoya, to Hyunseung.  She wondered  if it would have been pleasing to all of them, to their parents if she had killed that crazy bastard herself. 

 Hyuna shook her head, she wasn't going to be like him. She wasn't going to aim for revenge. Either way, he was dead and it was over.

"Thinking about something?" Hyunseung asked.


She gently shook her head,"How did you barge in like that with the rest of those goof balls?" She asked him.

He smiled, a soft, but a real one,"I'm not sure, but Infinite came to me first. I was at the parking lot about to go to you, but they suddenly appeared and asked if Hoya was with me. They said that he hadn't been able to be contacted. Of course I sensed something was wrong."

 "Nothing felt right after that. I parked the car five miles away from the house with the rest of the boys. I went in first. The guards were there, but they were out of the house, guarding. It was easy taking care of them. I heard him whistle that tune I did. It made me angry, but who knows how he knew that tune. The rest is easy. I heard the gun shots, had a little freak out then calmed myself, then went in to save you." He told her.

She smiled gently,"My hero."

The rest of the ride was silent. Even as she said 'my hero', she was worried about Hoya. He had lost a lot of blood while there, and she didn't know if he would be safe or not.

 She rushed in as soon as they got there and found he rest of Infinite waiting in front of one of the rooms. She searched their faces, trying to find any sense of sadness or panic, but she found none. Letting out a breath, she collapsed on the ground.

 Hyuna was forced to go through a doctor's check up because Hyunseung was worried about her. It turns out that she only needed a little rest and a shot to feel better. Hoya was unconscious still, so all they could do was wait. 

 It was late into the afternoon when he woke up. The doctors and nurses went in first to make sure if he was okay. Then, the rest of Infinite members went in. They asked Hyuna if she wanted to see him first, but she declined.after they came out, Hyunseung and she went in together.

 Hoya was still pale, but it was better than the last time she seen him. He looked up and did a smile grin at the two of them. Hyunseung did most of the talking.

"It's over Hoya. Hope you feel better." Hyunseung told him at the end.

Hoya smiled wider,"Guess you don't hate me as much now."

Hyunseung grinned back,"Don't press your luck boy."

Hyunseung turned to face Hyuna,"I'll leave you two alone for now." He said before walking out the door.

There was an awkward silence after he left. Hyuna didn't know what to say, and neither did Hoya. However, it was Hoya who spoke first.

"Did you kill him?" He asked her.

"I would be dead if I did. He killed himself. Don't get me wrong though. I would gladly die to see him dead, but I'm not going to be like him, at least in some sense. The house exploded. It's all over." She told him.

"Our parents must be happy." He muttered.

"Do you think they will be? WooHyun didn't do anything to them, it was his parents. TASTY killed mine. But I guess if WooHyun wanted revenge for his parents dying out of their ambition, then I guess our parents can be..." She trailed off.

Hoya looked at her,"I thought we were going to die. I thought you were going to die, and I couldn't protect you." He told her.

"But we didn't. If you keep thinking a gang girl's life is that short, you better start rethinking. Plus, you have to at least pay me back once for all those times I saved you." She replied, earning a chuckle from him.

"Someday Kim Hyuna, I will repay you for all those times from the very beginning. But I have a question for you."

"What is it? It better not be anything stupid." She told him.

He chuckled again,"Not really. What were you thinking about then? Your eyes when WooHyun was coming in the room were distant. It was like you were some place else." He told her.

"I was... I had a flashback to when my parents were killed. They told me to stay at the oak tree and that they were going to get icecream. I was actually a obedient child then, believe it or not, so I listened. They never came back. I still sat there, waiting. Finally, I saw two figures coming towards me. It was freezing cold, but I was happy. I thought they were my parent. They were yours."

"They told me that my parents were dead, and that they were my parents now. I didn't say anything, I'm even surprised I even remember what they said. I don't know why, but when WooHyun came in, I was just reminded." She explained to him.

"Did you hate my parents for replacing yours?" He asked.

She looked at him,"Never. But, I did miss my parents from time to time. Even when you play with me. Even when they loved me like I was their real daughter. I will always be grateful to them. Always." 


Hoya nodded,"That's a good thing I guess." 

Something felt empty to her. Since WooHyun was gone, there's was nothing left but to be happy. Was that possible for her?

"There's nothing left now." She mumbled.

"Nothing left to be unhappy about. For us, paradise starts now. As soon as I get out of this hospital, Infinite and Trouble Maker will be dueling again. This time, we'll even search for something better than the Moonlight." Hoya told her, making her crack a grin.

"Let's see who wins now. Once and for all." 

Hoya smiled back, but he reached for her hand and pulled her right in front of his face,"May the best gang win." He said, kissing her softly after.

 When they broke away, Hyuna whacked him hard with a pillow, so much that he groaned. She left him attended by the nurses and doctors that came running when the beeper started beeping and whatever.  She still didn't know what to feel about his kisses. Love? Annoyance? Anger?

 What did she feel when Hyunseung kissed her? Love? She didn't remember now. Everything was making her dizzy. Hyunseung had surprisingly gotten them another house while she was talking to Hoya. Hyuna pretended to be asleep while they were going back. She needed time to think.

Hyunseung started to whistle that tune again. At first, she had the picture of WooHyun coming in the room, but soon relaxed after remembering that he was dead.

 She felt her strong and confident gangster girl in her slipping away again. She didn't like feelings weak and helpless, but that was just what she was feeling now. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't realize that Hyunseung had parked the car and was shaking her gently to wake her up.

"Hyuna."

She slowly opened her eyes, only to stare at a huge house in front of her."Whoa." She breath out. 

 They went in, and Hyuna found that everything they needed was already there. Washing up and changing clothes, she collapsed onto the bed, still thinking about Hoya and Hyunseung.  

 Hyunseung soon laid in bed next to her. Closing his eyes and sighing gently. "I'm more tired than I should be." He told her.

She grabbed his hands in response and stayed still. Hyunseung reached forward and hugged her sweetly. 

"I love you."