Chapter 21

Rival Secret

 

Hyuna acted her best to stay calm. Curse his hawk eye.

"Oh, it was an address of the old house I used to live in. I didn't want to you to worry about it, so I asked oppa to secretly give it to me. I want to go and see how things are."

Hyuna prayed that he would believe her. She had no problem tricking other people, but Hyunseung always seemed to know when she was lying.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. I want to go take a shower."

Hyunseung nodded as she went into the restroom. She let out a breath she was holding and tried to calm herself. She had to hear what Jieun had to say. She turned the water on and stepped inside. 

After she was done with her shower, she got dressed in comfy clothes, but had a knife hidden somewhere. Hyunseung was sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hey, you done?"

"Yeah."

"Hyun. I'm going to go out. I don't think I'll be back for a few days. I'm hoping to be back in a day or two, but I don't know. You know JaeJoong right? He wants me for one of his private missions."

"Oh... That's fine. Just be safe and hurry back. JaeJoong only has the worst missions, and that's why he only uses boys."

She went nearer to him and hugged him.

"Be safe....please.."

He hugged her tightly and kissed her after.

"Definitely. You be safe too."

He kissed her one more time before leaving her. She expected herself to be happy, but she was worried in someway. She didn't want him to get hurt or do anything dangerous... Well, everything they did was dangerous. But still....

Hyuna sighed, she had to use this opportunity well. This may be her only chance. She took out the note and stared at the address given. It wasn't far, so she would walk. She grabbed another knife and a gun before she left. She locked the doors and blended in with the shadows. Most of her clothes were dark, so it was easy. After about 15 minutes, she finally arrived. It was a nail salon out on the east side. She hesitantly opened the door and stepped in.

Bright lights and music greeted her as soon as she stepped in.

"Hello! Welcome to Nail Secret! Do you have an appointment?" A lady asked her.

"I..um..no?"

"Well that's fine. You can still get your nails done. Who would you like to have your nails done by? Is it your first time here?"

"Yes...but I'm looking for a lady named Jieun."

"That's me."

A girl at the back of the shop stood up and walked over to the working station.

"Sit."

Hyuna obeyed and sat in front of her.

"What color would you like?"

Hyuna looked at the colors displayed in front of her.

"Black please."

Jieun got the black nail polish out and began to work.

"YongGuk called me already. I was wondering when you would arrive."

"Then you know what I want."

"You want answers. Well, it won't be all of them, but you'll get some."

"Did you find me?"

"Yes. Before all of this though... You should know that TASTY aren't the real bad guys, nor is Hyunseung. They are just doing it to get what they want. Yes, TASTY killed Hoya's parents, but it was only for the item they had. Your parents actually had the Moonlight first. After they died, Hoya's parents took care of it. TASTY only wanted that.  When you went to the hospital, TASTY sent some men to kidnap you. I didn't really know anything, I just was walking by the streets when I saw you. I knew your parents, and I saw you when you were very young."

Jieun finished one hand and worked on the next one.

"It didn't seem right for you to be with them. I went up to ask them, but they attacked me as soon as they saw me. That's when I knew something was off. I beat them easily and took you back. I didn't know where to go, but I knew Hoya's parents were dead, so I took you to YongGuk. It would have been dangerous for you to be with us. YongGuk accepted you and took care of you like you were his sister. Hyuna... There's someone else, not TASTY or Hyunseung, but someone else who wants you and the diamond. Be careful. I don't know who it is, but it's definitely someone close."

She finished her nails and looked over them.

"Perfect. Be safe when you go back. No need to pay,this one's on me."

"Um... Jieun...Unnie?"

Jieun smiled,"Yes?"

"Thank you for saving me that day...."

"No problem. I'm glad I did."

She went out of the shop. Jieun told her someone else very close to her wanted the diamond....and her. Hyunseung didn't really hate her.... After all, they did spend a long time together.

She walked back home and unlocked the door, but stopped in midway. There was no click when she opened it. Hyuna froze in her spot as she wondered who the heck might be in there.
 
She took her gun out and slowly opened the door. She stepped in to see Hoya sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Oh, you're here."

"What the hell Hoya. I could have killed you. What the heck are you doing here?"

"Oh... That part. TASTY came to SungKyu."

She widened her eyes,"WHAT!! Why???"

"Shh... Close the door first."

She slammed the door shut and locked it. She walked over to him and sat down.

"Why?"

"They actually wanted to see me too. SoRyong and DaeRyong said that they are going to retire now. They told us that we don't have to worry about them anymore...."

"The heck.... Why would they retire now?"

"Well, they are veterans.... Most of their time's gangs have already retired. Plus, they said they already have all they wanted, which I thought was weird because their target was the diamond... And you."

Hyuna remembered what Jieun had told her,"TASTY aren't the real bad guys Hyuna."

"Real bad guys..." She muttered under her breath.

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

"You sure?"

"Yes. By the way. How the heck did you get in here?"

"Magic hands." Hoya said shaking his hands in front of her.

"Get your filthy hands away from me."

"Offensive. So, where's Hyunseung?"

"He's on a mission. He'll be back in a few days."

"Oh.... You want me to stay with you?"

Hyuna thought for a moment.

"Yes."

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Hyunseung kind of felt bad about lying to Hyuna, but he had to. He a corner and stopped. He took out his gun and slowly resumed walking. He turned again to see a familiar figure.

"Hyunseung."

Hyunseung pointed the gun on his head.

"I did what you wanted me to do and scared her, but that was only because you said it would be done after that. You are hurting her."

"I guess you really do love Hyuna then."

"Took you long enough. Stay away from her. I don't want to see your face ever again."

"Then why don't you pull that trigger of yours?"

"You know why."

"Hm... Tell me, are you afraid that she's going to leave you for Hoya? You do know that he's with her right now. I have eyes everywhere."

Hyunseung gritted his teeth,"Just stay away from her."

"My eyes find beautiful women. It's just seems that Hyuna is a prettiest of them all. Word of advice, I won't force you anymore; however, remember what I told you? The princess always falls in love with the knight in shining armor, while she slowly forgets the prince. Do you think Hoya was the knight or the prince? Or did you think yourself as the knight? Be careful Jang Hyunseung. You never know what kind of balls I can throw."

"Shut your mouth. You're a bastard that tricks everyone that cares about you."

"Didn't you do the same to Hyuna?"

Hyunseung felt a pang in his heart, but he ignored it.

"I. Was. Forced. Plus, it was the only way at that time that I could keep you from killing her. You, on the other hand, are the worst kind."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Bastard." Hyunseung growled out.

"Go. It's going to take awhile, so why don't you get a head start?"

Hyunseung stared at him for a moment more. Then, he lowered his gun and walked away. Was he the prince? Or was he the knight? He felt like his feet weighed a ton. She has to understand that what he was doing was for her.... 

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Hyuna felt like she was reliving the past. Hoya was with her like the time when she kidnapped him as an hostage. Hyuna didn't know when Hyunseung would comeback, but she secretly wished that he would take awhile. She kind of liked having one and one time with Hoya. Hesitantly, very hesitantly, she rested her head on his shoulder.

At first, Hoya was very surprised by her action. It's been awhile.... To be honest, he missed her next to him. Hyuna snuggled closer to him and sighed. 

"Are you hungry? I'm hungry. I'm going to make some food."

She had asked that before, so he gave the same answer.

"Why do you bother to even ask."

He helped Hyuna put her apron on. She walked to the refrigerator and got a bunch of ingredients out. She dropped half of the them in the sink and half on the cutting board. She washed the vegetables and peeled them. She sliced all of them to bistable pieces.

"What are you making?" Hoya asked come up behind her.

"Kare. (카레, curry)"

"Oh. Make it good." He said walking back and sitting on the couch.

Hyuna hummed in response. Hoya watched her as she moved around the kitchen and cooked. For some reason, she looked prettier than ever. He was amazed by her beauty. After awhile, when Hyuna was staring at the pot waiting for it to cook, Hoya got up. He went to her and spinned her around.

"Huh?"

Before anything, Hoya kissed her on the lips.