Chapter 16

Rival Secret

Hyunseung carried her on his back the whole way back home. She felt safe for once on his back. 

"Hyunseung, this isn't the way home."

"I know. We're going to a safer place. I know that TASTY attacked you guys there. I know you don't keep the the house unlocked, and the windows were broken. I saw enough clues to figure things out."

"Oh..."

Hyuna hugged him tighter as the memory replayed in her mind again. 

"I've never been scared that much before. Seeing them just brought back memories."

"Don't worry,I won't leave you alone again. Not after this serenade."

"Aw, is your protective side rising from the dead?"

"It's only resurrected for you my love."

They talked the rest of the way home. Hyunseung tried to make he forget about Hoya and what happened while he was gone. 

"Oh, I have a little surprise for you when we get home."

"Eh? A surprise?"

"You seemed down lately,and I just wanted to cheer you up."

She smiled, Hyunseung was the perfect guys to fall for. He knew everything about a girl, and what she wanted. He knew how they felt in any situation, how they would react, and what makes them fall for him. He knew her too well. They finally arrived, and Hyuna looked up to see their knew house. It was well hidden in the shadows, and perfect for the two of them.

"Like it?"

"It's perfect."

Thye went inside, and Hyunseung showed her the rooms. It was everything any couple could imagine. Hyunseung had really gone out with this one. After the last room, he escorted her back to the living room.

"Wait here."

She nodded as he went to his room. 

"Okay, close your eyes now."

She obeyed.

"Open your beautiful eyes for me now Hyun."

When she did, she saw a twinkling of a gem. It was the Moonlight Diamond. She gasped and looked at him in shock. The actual diamond was in front of her. How the heck did he get it?

"Hyunseung.... How?"

He smiled and shrugged,"I wanted to make you happy, so I pulled some strings. Well, I kinda pulled a lot of strings, so you better be happy."

She hugged him,"I am. Thanks. Oh, and how many did you actually pull?"

"Eh, about 200."

"New record."

He handed her the diamond, and she looked down on it. It was finally in her hands, the diamond they tried so hard to get. It seemed as if they diamond was alive and its twinkle made it dance. Hyuna laughed and hugged Hyunseung once again.

"Now, we show the world who really is number one. Infinite doesn't stand a chance."

Her laughter ceased, and her smile was gone. How will she face him again? Can she even fight him now? She guessed that since the diamond was theirs, they would no longer have to fight. She doesn't need to compete with them now.

"Great, we don't have to see their faces anymore."

She needed to act as if nothing happened. Hoya told her nothing. Her past was nothing, and it would still be buried in her memories. Hyunseung was with her and that's all she needed right now.

"Oh, and nothing happened with you and Hoya right?"

She smirked,"You idiot. You really think I can get along with that guy? He was annoying me the whole time I was with him. Seriously, I was counting the days you were gone."

"You missed me that much?"

"I missed you from the moon and back."

He smiled and kissed her on the lips.

"Good."

(Infinite)

Hoya came out of the shower and walked into the kitchen. Most of the boys had gone in for the night, but the few surviving were watching TV. Since Hoya was back, they decided to keep pursuing the diamond. Tomorrow, they would make plans to get it no matter what. He opened the fridge and took about a water bottle. He walked to where SungJong and DongWoo were watching TV.

"What are you guys watching?"

"The news. Some of the boys uptown told me that something went missing a few days ago. They finally found out what was stolen, and they're gonna reveal it right now." SungJong replied.

Hoya nodded and sat down next to them. He watched in curiosity as the news castor showed up with a serious face on.

"About 3 days ago, it is said that the Moonlight Diamond was stolen from its home. Its keeper, Kang Minhyuk, was found dead. The police are assuming it to be a gang activity and are investigating as we speak. If you find any information of this precious gemstone, please contact the police immediately."

The three boys looked at eachother.

"DongWoo...."

"Yea...."

"This is recorded on the system right?"

"Yup."

"Call everyone now."

In less than a second, all the boys were assembled in the living room and were watching the replay. After it ended, they all had the same expression the earlier three had. 

"The only gangs that are looking for that diamond are Trouble Maker and us. If we didn't do it then...." SungYeol trailed off.

"No. Hyuna didn't leave the house without me. The announcer said three days ago. I was with her the whole time."

WooHyun looked at him,"Are you sure? Neither Hyuna nor Hyunseung went out while you were there?"

He froze. Hyunseung never came back.

"H...Hyunseung. He went out the day I came, and he never came back."

L sighed,"There's our answer."

Everyone groaned. Trouble Maker had the diamond now. They won.

"But Hyunseung doesn't kill without reason. Killing Minhyuk to get the diamond isn't a reason enough. Especially not for him." SungKyu pointed out.

"But that's the only reasonable explanation here. Hyunseung went to get the diamond, Minhyuk was in his way, and there you have it."

"It still doesn't make sense. Did you think Hyuna knew about this?" DongWoo asked Hoya.

"No. Hyuna didn't know anything in this part. She told me that she doesn't know why Hyunseung disappears like that sometimes. I don't think she had anything to do with this situation."

The group nodded, each member deep in thought. If Hyuna didn't know anything about it, and Hyunseung acted alone..... There must be something.

"I don't see why Hyunseung will leave Hyuna like that."

"Maybe it was because of Hoya. They needed someone to look after him. After all, he was their hostage."

"But that doesn't explain why Hyunseung will kill Minhyuk. Usually Hyunseung knocks them out, make them forget everything, and so on. It's not like him at all."

Everyone said their suggestions, but no clear answer came. SungKyu ordered everyone to go to bed, and get some rest. Hoya stayed awake and thought for a long time. He wondered it Hyuna was okay right now. She had nothing when she ran away. If she was still out in the night....

No.

She's Kim Hyuna for goodness sake, no one can come near her. In a small corner of his mind, he prayed that Hyunseung had somehow come back and rescued her from this nightmare. If anyone can to that, it was Jang Hyunseung. He also wondered about TASTY. Where were they now? Why did they just suddenly appear and disappear? 

He tossed and turned in his bed for a long time. Millions of questions flew inside his mind, but most of them weren't answered. When he finally let sleep consume him, he dreamt about the days he had spent with Hyuna. He was in serious trouble.

(Hyuna)

Hyunseung told her to get some rest for tomorrow. She prayed that everything would  be like the way it was soon. She was tired of surprises, but maybe pleasant ones were an exception. She laid down in her new bed, but it didn't feel right. She wanted her old, comfortable, and messy bed back. Stupid TASTY, they had to comeback now.

"Go to sleep Kim Hyuna. No more thinking."

She whispered to herself. After awhile, she eventually fell asleep. The bad thing? She dreamt about the days she had spent with Hoya. 

A/N

Finally an update from me. Sorry to keep you guys waiting, but I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'll try to update as fast as I can next time.