Chapter 25

Rival Secret

They all got up, especially WooHyun, and stared at Hoya in shock. Hoya just ignored their stares and walked to the room. He threw the knife in front of them.

"Like you wanted right?"

WooHyun said nothing and looked at the knife. SungKyu and L were busy checking over his body to make sure he was okay. The others began to shoot questions at him. About how he killed her, where's her body, where's Hyunseung, and etc. Hoya just answered all their questions calmly. They all seem to fit perfectly. 

"You should have thrown away the knife too. It was hers anyway." SungYeol told him.

"I thought someone would like proof." Hoya said looking at WooHyun.

WooHyun chuckled,"You know me so well. Great job, you're really not a traitor."

"See! How could Hoya be a traitor to Infinite? He's our best shooter." SungJong said hitting his back.

"Well, I can throw away this knife right? Since you guys all saw it and everything." Hoya said standing up.

WooHyun nodded,"Come back soon. We're the number one gang now with Trouble Maker gone. Also, I want to talk to you alone."

"Sure."

Hoya stood up and walked out to where the dumpsters were.

"I hate you."

Hyuna emerged from the cans surrounding them and shook the dust off.

"Nice. I've been hiding here for like an hour, and it stinks if you haven't noticed. Just give me back my dagger."

"Here." 

He threw it to her.

"How's your hand?" He asked her.

Hyuna had cut her hand to make evidence of her death. Hoya had protested against it, but Hyuna told him to shut up, so he had no choice.

"It's fine. Cuts aren't anything to me anymore. Be careful okay?" Hyuna told him as she over him.

"I'll be fine. You're puppeteer remember? I trust you. But... Can I ask you one thing?"

"Umm.... Sure?"

"A...are we still awkward after that kiss?"

Hyuna's cheek started to blaze up,"W..what up do you mean? T..that kiss was nothing. We...we're fine! There's no reason to be awkward!"

He smiled,"Good."

Suddenly, he pulled her into a quick, but loving kiss and ran inside. While Hyuna stood still, in shock again. Quickly, she snapped herself out of it and hid herself.

Meanwhile, Hoya had gone back to the house and went into a room with WooHyun.

"I'm proud of you. You didn't let your stupid feelings overflow and take control."

"You underestimate me too much. You should have seen the look on Hyunseung's face when I killed her. You're right. Kim Hyuna is a trickster, and I should have never fallen for her." Hoya told him.

"Perfect. Everything's perfect. Go outside first, I'll follow." WooHyun told him.

"Sure."

Hoya went outside to see only SungJong in the room.

"Where's the others?"

"Went out. They want to get some food. WooHyun! They want you to go with them! They're outside by the car! Hurry!"

"Got it!" WooHyun yelled from the room.

Soon, WooHyun was out, ready to go.

"You guys keep the house safe okay? Don't go into the kitchen, don't set the house on fire, and don't kill eachother."

"Yes sir." SungJong nodded.

Hoya's anger had boiled up. How could he act this caring when his true self was something completely different? Hoya locked the door after he checked the car leaving and sat down next to SungJong.

"SungJong. Do you trust WooHyun?"

"Why? He's our leader, of course I trust him."

"All righty then. You're my first target."

"Wait...want do you mean first-"

SungJong never got to finish his sentence when a loud bang was heard, and SungJong slumped forward. Hoya stared in shock as he saw Hyuna with a frying pan.

"H...Hyuna..."

"I'm gonna deal with you later for kissing me again! Meanwhile, I thought you would need some help, and we don't have much time. Help me move him."

Hoya silently got up to help her move SungJong for the van they Hoya had brought near the house. It was easy to disguise it because one of the people had a van near by. 

"How much time do we have until they come back? Average it from their normal ones and cut at least ten minutes." Hyuna told Hoya.

"Um... Well, it's not a 'let's go raid the market' type of market trips, so that gives us about 45 minutes at the fullest."

"All right. Hyunseung already messaged me that the doc is ready to go. They made the fastest solutions to get those stupid chips out. We'll get them out, explain the damn situation to SungJong and get him back. Sounds good?"

"Does my opinion even count?"

"No."

"Then why bother....."

"I thought you would want to feel important."

Hyuna pressed the pedals as fast as she could, and they got there in less than ten minutes. They dragged SungJong in the operations room and that took another twenty minutes.

"About 18 minutes left! Wake him up!"

"I tired everything!"

"Did you try a pan?"

"No! Why would I-.... Oh... Wake him up with the same thing that knocked him out... Okay, I got it." 

Hoya ran to get the pan and in a flash, he hit SungJong with it again. The whole room was silent for a moment, then SungJong groaned loudly as he stirred. It took another six minutes to explain everything to him. They had to skip all the questions, ignore all the gasps, and he eventually believed in them. Then they rushed to the car and explained the plan during the ride there. It took the same to get there from when they left. To think, they had about five minutes to spare, but as they were about to pull up, they saw Infinite's car come down the other road. Yelling inside, Hyuna moved to the back, threw them out and disappeared without a trace. 

Without wasting a moment, the two hurried in and flew to the couch, accidentally tackling eachother during the way. The members found them all tangled up, trying to stand up. As soon as WooHyun saw this, he groaned.

"I told you not to kill eachother!"

SungJong put on his beautiful fake smile and laughed.

"I guess we couldn't help it."

Hoya looked at him like he was crazy, but soon played along. SungJong was better than he was at this. He helped the other members put the groceries away and helped DongWoo try to cook. Key word: Try. After the little fire in the stove, dinner was ready. SungJong was acting so calm throughout this, that it surprised Hoya. 

"So. I was wondering if we can go the park after dinner." SungJong told them.

They all looked up in surprise, even Hoya. They hadn't been out a lot in public in the light unless it was for food or a mission.

"Aw come on! Trouble Maker's DEAD! All the others know that we're number one now. They won't dare to bother with us anymore." SungJong said smirking.

He was one scary kid.

"Um... I guess so. What about you WooHyun?" DongWoo asked.

"Sure. Why not. Let's enjoy it." WooHyun said smiling.

Hoya looked uneasily at SungJong, who just ignored him.

"But we will need two people to guard the house right?"

The members nodded.

"I'll stay. I don't like sun light." Hoya told them.

"Me too. I'll help him." L volunteered.

"Well it's settled. Let's hurry." SungKyu told them.

After dinner, the members that were going rushed out. Of course, WooHyun was the last one to go.

"Stay safe. Lock the doors. Shoot anything suspicious."

"All righty." L told him.

WooHyun went out, and they could hear SungJong screaming in happiness, which was rare, and SungYeol telling him to shut up. 

"Soooooo L~~~~~" Hoya said smiling.

"Ew, what's wrong with you?"

"I'm gonna try this before she arrives, but it may be hard."

"Wait, what are you talking about? Who's she? Don't tell me.... YOU DIDN'T KILL HYUNA, AND YOU'RE STILL TRYING TO BETRAY US?!?!?"

L jumped up and took  his gun out of nowhere. Startled, Hoya took a breath in to calm himself. Hyuna was right, he really couldn't do anything but shoot.

"No you idiot, you got one part wrong. I'm trying to save your stupid bird brain from getting controlled by WooHyun." 

Hoya lunged for him, with his hands it before him.

-----------------------------------------

"Aish.... Lee Hoya, why do you make everything complicated?"

Hyuna pressed the pedals harder, which she seemed to do a lot lately. She parked at the same spot and ran inside the house. Seeing the door open, she quietly got out her gun and stepped in. The sight inside didn't surprise her one bit, although she was relieved no one was dead.

"Get up."

"You're so kind."

You see, when she came in, she found Hoya on top of L, who was unconscious, and holding a gun and a pan.

"Tell me what happened later. Where did everyone else go?" Hyuna said getting L up with Hoya.

"Park. They left about five minutes ago. If we're lucky, SungJong will be able to hold them off for about another twenty minutes. That's the longest we have." He told her.

"Not long enough. How about you stay, and I take L to the hospital?"

"Eh?"

"Just tell them he's in the shower."

"But!"

"No buts. I thought we went over this. Oh, and I still haven't forgiven you for kissing me that suddenly." Hyuna told him as she started to drag L out.

Hoya, not wanting his friend to be dragged, picked him up and carried him over to the car with he's face blushing. He went over the excuse with Hyuna and planned how to sneak him back in.

"Promise me Kim Hyuna. No matter how annoying L might be in the few moments you are with him, promise me that you won't kill him. Don't even do anything that might cause him to kill you too."

"I'm not going to promise that. Give me the stupid pan." Hyuna said getting in.

Hoya handed her the frying pan,"Oh, and make sure of one thing. I don't regret kissing you again, and I won't mind if I have the chance to do kiss you another time."

Hyuna hit him lightly, but enough to hurt a bit with the frying pan before driving off. He looked at the clock and saw that he had about fifth teen minutes left. He prayed that this would go along smoothly as they planned. SungJong needs to stall.... For a long time.

Hyuna got to the hospital in no time. She was too used to this road by now. The doctors helped her haul L into the surgery room. It took time, longer than SungJong to get the chip out, which made her restless. L woke up after five minutes.

"Where the hell am I?" He said groaning as he got up. 

He soon spotted Hyuna looking down at him."WHAT THE HELL?!?!"

"Well, you seem to fine."

"W...wait. I thought you were dead. No...wait... We got attacked... WooHyun?I'm so confused." He said looking up at her.

"So shut up and let me explain everything. We don't have a lot of time okay?" Hyuna took less than three minutes explaining everything and getting him back to the car. L was fuming at WooHyun for tricking them and at Hoya for hitting him with a pan. Hyuna just ignored him and tried to drive home without crashing the car or killing L.

Back at Infinite, the gang had come back with SungJong on WooHyun's back, and the others were trying to pry him off. Hoya panicked a little, but manage to calm down.

"Hoya? Where's L?" WooHyun asked after finally getting SungJong off.

"He's in the shower." He replied. He had the water so that it looked as if he was really there. He eyed SungJong, who nodded. 

"I'm hungry now! Who wants icecream?" He said clasping his hands together. The members filed into the kitchen, and SungJong and Hoya got the icecream out. Before, Hyuna had given Hoya a buzzer that told him if she had arrive or not. When he was in the middle of scooping SungKyu's icecream, he felt it buzz. He eyed SungJong, who nodded again.

"I need to go use the restroom." He told them.

"Isn't L still in there?" SungYeol asked.

Hoya almost had a mini heart attack,"The water's still on. It won't matter." He said as he quickly got out of the room. SungJong started to sing loudly so that the members couldn't hear well. Hyuna opened the door so quietly that even Hoya couldn't hear until she buzzed the thing again. L jumped into the shower, and Hyuna disappeared right away. Saving a few moments, Hoya went back. After three minutes, L came out with a towel and drying his hair.

"Hey! Give me some too." He said joining them. 

Hoya could see fire hidden behind those dark eyes and was glad to have L back again.Two down three to go.