Chapter 17

Rival Secret

"Hoya."

Hyuna?

"Hoya."

Wait... Hyuna can't be here....

"Lee Hoya! Wake up!"

"Wha?!?"

Hoya opened his eyes to see WooHyun in front of him. He groaned and stole a glance at the clock. It was 6:00 A.M.

"The heck WooHyun. Why did you wake me up this early?"

"I always have my reasons. Anyway, tell me everything that happened between you and Hyuna."

He spazzed.

"What? Why?"

"Like I said, I always have my reasons. Just tell me and keep your voice down. I don't want to wake the other members up."

Hoya eyed him suspiciously. However, it was true that WooHyun always had a reason behind his actions.

"I found out something.... Hyuna... She's the girl in my past WooHyun. You remember right? The little girl who saved my life that day when mom and dad died. It was her all along."

"So I was right...." WooHyun mumbled to himself.

"WooHyun..?"

"Ignore the last part from me. You can go back to sleep if you want. I'll wake everyone up in about an hour."

"No...I'm awake already, so I'll make the best of it. You're gonna make breakfast right? Let me help."

WooHyun nodded,"Wash up first and change."

WooHyun stepped out of the room as Hoya went to the bathroom. He grabbed his toothbrush and started to brush his teeth. In midway, he stopped for a minute and thought. Why did WooHyun ask about what happened? Couldn't he have done that when all the members were awake? Of course, Hoya would have never told the rest of the members... Maybe that was it. He resumed his brushing and quickly finished washing up. When he went out to the kitchen, WooHyun was already scrambling the eggs.

"Here, let me do that."

WooHyun gave Hoya the pan and moved to the sink.

"WooHyun? Why did you ask about Hyuna?"

"Just curious to know what happened."

"Why couldn't you ask when all the members were awake."

"Cause I know you're gonna be stubborn and not tell me. I'm not stupid you know."

"Oh.. Yea.... But why did you say you were right?"

WooHyun stopped all his movements and froze for a second or two. Hoya lifted his gaze off the pan and looked at him.

"Hoya... I knew Hyuna was the girl from your past."

Hoya almost threw the pan at him.

"YOU WHAT?!?"

WooHyun shook his hand at him,"Lower your voice, if SungKyu hears this, you and I are both dead."

"NO! TELL ME. WHAT THE HECK DO YOU MEAN?!?"

WooHyun dropped the apple he was washing and dragged Hoya to his room. He closed the door quietly and locked it.

"When you guys were attacked, I heard the noise and came to the park. I ran as fast as I could, but it was too late. Your parents were already dead. This happened when you were seven or so? Hyuna was about five. Anyway, I was ten back then, and I could perform decent emergency care. I looked for you and Hyuna everywhere. Apparently, TASTY was no where in sight. I was about to give up when I heard her crying. I ran over to see her bleeding from her stomach. I got my kit out and did my emergency procedures. I think she passed out during the process. My parents came after me, and we took care of Hyuna together. While Hyuna was resting, I went out to look for you. Remember anything? I found you pretty far from my house. You were in a bush crying."

Now Hoya remembered.

(Flashback)

"Hoya! Hoya!"

The little boy lifted his head up as he heard his name being called.

W..WooHyun?"

The bush he was hiding in rustled and reveled WooHyun.

"Hoya thank God!"

"WooHyun... They...they came and killed my family...."

WooHyun picked Hoya up and ran back to his house. His parents quickly took him in and calmed him down. While his mother was taking care of him, WooHyun went with his father to look at Hyuna's situation.

"We might have to take her to a bigger hospital. She has such a weak body that... It might be hard."

"Will she live?"

"I don't know. I tried my best to stop the bleeding and patch it up. One thing is certain, if she doesn't go to the hospital, she'll die. Go tell your mother, I'll get her ready."

WooHyun ran back to the living room where his mom was.

"He fainted from shock."

"Mom, Hyuna might die. Dad said that we're going to take her to the hospital. He needs you to stay home and take care of Hyuna."

His mom nodded, and his dad quickly came out of the bedroom with Hyuna in his arms. They quickly got in the car, and his father drove as fast as he could. WooHyun was pressing down on Hyuna's wound. They finally arrived and Hyuna was treated right away. They decided that surgery was the best. WooHyun and his father sat down, waiting for good news.

"Hoya fainted from shock?"

"Yeah.. Is..is he going to be alright?"

"He will be, but he might loose some memories. Even his family and Hyuna."

"But Appa! If he looses his memories about Hyuna... Then..."

"Look Son, if he looses his memories about Hyuna, then we'll just remind him again. He'll remember, we just need to give him time."

"Mr. Nam?"

His father stood up immediately,"Yes. Is she alright?"

The doctor smiled,"Yes, the surgery was a success. She will be fine after a few days of rest. She'll wake up about tomorrow. The painkiller and the other shots to do the surgery took a lot of her. You may go see her now, we'll check her from time to time."

WooHyun and his father smiled and sighed in relief.

"Thank you Doctor,"

They rushed to her room and found Hyuna sleeping soundly.

"She'll be fine WooHyun. No need to worry anymore."

They called Mrs. Nam to tell her about the situation and told her that they will be staying at the hospital.

"Umma, how's Hoya?"

"He's fine. He woke up, but I think he lost some of his memories. He remembers us though, I asked about Hyuna, and he remembers her."

"Yay..."

"Stay safe. Gang activity is rising."

"Yes Umma. You too."

"I have everything I need. I even shut the doors and locked everything that can be opened. Don't worry too much hon."

"Okay. Bye."

He hung up and looked at Hyuna. She had already lost her real parents...now the closest people she had to a family were gone too.

"Appa... I feel bad for her."

"Me too. I'm thinking about adopting the two of them."

He's eyes shone like the stars as soon as he heard the news.

"Really? Hoya and Hyuna can be my little siblings?"

"Yes. We can train them too. You will become a doctor just like your mother and I. Maybe the two of them can learn to fight. Your mother and I used to be great at fighting you know."

"I like that idea!"

His father chuckled,"Good."

The hospital had a separate room for them to sleep in. His father didn't want to leave, but the doctor somehow managed to convince him. Night had fallen, and the stars were brighter than usual. Long time ago that meant a good thing, now, it meant bad luck.

"Stars? Why are you so bright today? The bad thing has already happened. Please, I don't want anymore bad things to happen. To anyone." He whispered to them.

Before he fell asleep, he silently prayed that everyone he loved would be safe from now. When he finished, he let sleep pull him under.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"WooHyun-ah! WooHyun! Wake up!"

He jerked his eyes open to see his dad crying.

"Appa? Wha, what happened?"

"They...they took her.... They took Hyuna."

"Who? Appa! Who took Hyuna?!?!"

BANG!!

"WooHyun! Duck!"

He did as he was told. More shots were heard and screams arose. WooHyun was scared, more than that, he was shocked. He felt his head get lighter and lighter.

"WooHyun! Stay with me! Woohyun!"

(End of Flashback)

"So then what happened?" Hoya eagerly asked.

"I woke up in a damaged hospital room. My dad was crying and I had no idea what had happened. He never told me anything else about that day. We never mentioned Hyuna in front of you, and you began to forget eventually. You would remember her from time to time. You asked me who she was."

"I asked who is the girl with dark long hair and pale skin. I remember that part."

"And I would just say a childhood friend that died saving you. I wanted to say she was alive, but my parents told me not to. I always believed though. I knew she was alive somewhere. The day when we first met Trouble Maker, I knew from the start it was her. As we became rivals and to much bigger things, I couldn't possibly tell you. I knew you wouldn't have been able to focus at all. Now that you know, it makers things a whole lot easier, but also a level harder."

"Did you ever find out what happened to her that day?"

"No."

WooHyun sighed,"Only Hyuna will know that."

"Does Hyuna know who you are?"

"Of course not. She was five and shocked. Even if I played with her before, she doesn't remember me."

"Were you ever planning on telling me?"

"No. I wanted you to find out yourself. Perhaps I was hoping that you would never find out and just stay as you are. The infinite symbol on you? It will burn each time you look at it. You love your rival don't you? Your mind is hesitating, but your heart already knows. When your mind finally realizes that you love her, it will also realize that you are betraying your family."

WooHyun pointed to the gang picture he had on his desk.

"They are your family. We are one group together until the last."

WooHyun turned to leave, but Hoya grabbed him.

"What about you? You loved Hyuna as your sister. Isn't that the same thing as my love?"

"To betray me family hurts my heart more than betraying a girl I knew and loved as a child. I'm glad in someways  though, that she doesn't remember me.I acknowledge that as fate and bury her in my mind. To me, she's just a girl I knew long ago. Your love... I loved Hyuna as a little girl that would always smile and be cheerful. I loved the five year old sister. You love her like she is everything to you. You don't see her as another gangster girl out there. You can see every special talent she has. Hoya, you love her from the bottom of your heart, but..."

He knew it already, that was betraying he's family. All of a sudden, the tattoo on him was starting to feel burdensome. The thought of having to protect his gang, his family. The weight of betraying them... No matter how much people may say that it's not betrayal, in his heart he will know. He's heart will also know, he loves her.

"You're right WooHyun... About everything."

CLANK

They turned around and opened the door. The kitchen was filled with smoke and L was holding a fire extinguisher. 

"L! *cough* what the heck is going on?" WooHyun shouted.

"Don't ask me! I came down because of the smoke!"

L finally got it to work and sprayed it on the pan. The rest of the members hurried down and helped clear the smoke. When it finally did, the seven boys found severely burnt eggs. WooHyun groaned and Hoya only looked up.

"Guys? What happened?" SungKyu carefully asked.

"Captain Eggs forgot to kill the fire." WooHyun replied surprisingly calmly.

The members looked at the two quizzically, but WooHyun ignored it and opened the fridge.

"Okay boys, pick out anything you want to eat and do whatever. I'm too lazy to make another plate of breakfast. It's self serve!"

Infinite looked at each other before rushing in and grabbing anything. The kitchen was usually off limits because they destroyed everything they touched. Coming from WooHyun, this was a miracle.

WooHyun walked back to where Hoya was and sighed.

"Well Captain Eggs, go pick your food."

A/N

I have no idea what to say about this chapter... Sigh... I hope it's okay though. Thanks to those who read this! Of course, thanks to my subscribers and commenters too! ^^