Into A New World

Be Mine: A WooGyu Love Story

The clock striked 7:00am and his Gabriel clock loudly sounded the alarm. Woohyun loved waking up to his favorite Gabriel song but today was different. He cut off the alarm quickly to see if he could hear the sound of his parents during the morning rush. Not hearing anything he sheepishly snuck under the bed to pretend that he was asleep. 

 "Maybe if I say that I 'over slept' they won't make me go back today. Yeah, that's what I'll do..this plan can't fail, right?". 

Remembering the words of the King Kingka the other day, Woo prayed for a miracle. Time went by but you know how it is when you want something to happen...each minute seemed like an hour and it was starting to get unbearably hot under the covers. There was suddenly a loud knock at the door.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* "Woo" *KNOCK KNOCK* "Woo Woo, honey are you up?" ... "Oh no I knew it was just to good to be true". 

Woohyun's mom was like a robot. Mrs. Nam would get up every morning at the same time, not a minute later or earlier but just simply right on the dot. She grabbed the door knob to find that Woo had locked her out. "Woo get up. It's time for school sweetie" she yelled from the outside. Realizing that he was all out of options he did the last thing he could think of.. "NO, I refuse to go back". Resist resist resist was his course of action. "Aish, what a stubborn boy". One step ahead of her son, Mrs. Nam pulled out a set of keys and made her way into his room.

"Come one Woohyun, out of bed". "NO. Umma I don't wanna go back~" Woo whined. "Woo this isn't up for discussion. You've received an opportunity to go to school for free, why would you want to give that up". "But Umma all the kids there make me feel bad because I'm not from a well family". "Well son you just go in there and show them, you don't need money to have talent. Besides you love to sing. You sing at family events all the time". "Singing in front of a bunch of snobs is different from singing in front of my aunts and uncles". "Well none the less, you're going to Kirin and that's that. Going to a performing arts school will be good for you Woo. Maybe you can finally get over your stage fright". "BUT UMMA~". "NAM WOOHYUN! Now you stop with all this whinning. Your father has to get a few more hours of sleep before he goes to work today". "Fine" he sighed.

Before he knew it Woohyun was already dressed in his new school uniform and on the bus headed to Kirin.

------

Woohyun arrived but only got more nervous as he got closer to the door. "Maybe I could play hockey for a day....No umma would just call the school to make sure I was in attendance". Giving himself a sudden burst of courage, he closed his eyes and opened to door but to his surprise....no one was there. "Great now I'm late". Woo roamed the school in search for his class. He never really got a tour of the building so he was as lost as he was the first day he arrived. 

He continues to scroll along in the hall until something catches his ear. It was the sound of an acoustic guitar and a familiar angelic voice. "NO WAY.. IS THAT .. IS THAT....GABRIEL! GABRIEL GOES TO KIRIN!" Woohyun starts to dash in search for the star. He seems to search every corner but his ears are only playing tricks on him. Each hallway seems to get him closer and closer but he still can't find what room the noise is coming from. As he runs the singing stops but then he notices a figure coming out a music room mid stride. "Gabriel!?" he says smiling gleefully.  His brain isn't fully clicking with his feet, he wants to slow down but he is too excited and before you know it, his chase ends in a HARD CRASH. 

"AAHH my head". "But wait what about Gabriel" he thought to himself. He turned behind him to see a person rubbing their aching body parts. "Oh I'm so sorry" he kneeled immediately. When he lifted his head he was in for a quite a surprise. "See now that is more I like it. Now was that so hard". "Huh". Woo picked up his head and when he looked up "YOU!". He quickly hopped up on his feet and dusted himself off. "How dare you yell at a sunbae when you're the one how ran into me". Woohyun pushed him aside to search the music room. "Yah! Nam Woohyun, what are you doing?". "Damn. Now I lost him". "Lost who, what are you talking about". "I was looking for this person, someone with the voice of an angel". A sly but satisfying smile crept upon Sunggyu's face but it went unnoticed by Woohyun. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I heard nothing". Woo was puzzled. "So you didn't hear anything...Anything at all?". "Nope". "I could've sworn I was so close". The look of disappointment flooded his face as he started to walk back up the hall and Sunggyu followed behind. "Yah! Where do you think you're going?". "I'm going to class if you don't mind". Sunggyu grabbed Woo by the arm and they became uncomfortably close. "We still have unfinished business". "Listen here guy..". "Guy? I do have a name ya know and it's Kim Sunggyu". "Well listen here Sunggyu-ssi. If this is about the other day, I'm not afraid of you if that is what your about to get at. I've heard about you since the last time we met". "Good then you know not to get on my bad side". "You may be the king of this school and you may have the most money but your attitude nor your money can touch my talent". "A feisty one this time huh? So is that right, well how about you back it up today at lunch..lets see what you got". "Fine, you're on". "See ya then". The two parted ways but Woohyun realized he still didn't know where to go. "Aish why does he have to be the only one here" he thought. "HEY, butthole". "Excuse me!". "How do I get to perfect pitch 101". "This way". "Great now I have to keep being near him" he grumbled.

---

Slowly making his way into the cafeteria, Woo feels as if he's walking on pins and needles. He looks to his left and looks to his right before he takes a seat that's in his sight. "He doesn't seem to me around, maybe he forgot". He goes to take his seat to enjoy a nice lunch that Mrs. Nam made for him the night before. Suddenly 3 students walk up to Woo while he's stuffing his face. "Newbie, what are you doing?". "What does it look like". "Is that a...lunchbox". "What's it to ya". "Now your just making yourself look bad. Why don't you just go in line and have the lobster like everyone else instead of lowering our school with you kimchi". Woohyun's head slowly went down as he look at the difference in students. Everyone around him going to town on lobster and avocado stuffed crab cakes while all he has is the left overs from last night's dinner. "I'm perfectly fine but thanks anyway. All this fancy food isn't my taste". "Poor scholarship kids" and with that the kids walked off. And as if things couldn't get any worse. "Attention everybody, it's time for another lunch room throw down" the magnae kingka announced. "Today's opponents would be my hyung Sunggyu" the crowd cheers loudly, "and the new kid Nam Woohyun" and there was no applause. "Come on up Woohyun-ssi, everyone is waiting". Woo felt frozen to his seat. All eyes were now looking at him as everyone waited to see if he was really about to go against Sunggyu. "I think he needs some encouragement you guys. L hyung Hoya hyung, go help him out". The two kingka came directly for Woohyun and he tried to make his escape but it was too late.

There he was, center of the cafeteria in front of half of the school going against the number one student. "So who's going first?" Sungjong asked. "Heads or Tails?" Sunggyu suggested but nothing would come out of Woohyun's mouth. "Call it" Sungjong threw it in the air. "Tails!"....."Tails it is. Your call hyung". "I'll go first, show the new kid a thing or two". Sunggyu starts out with a bang. This time he performed and amazing dance routine that drew the oohh and aaaahh's of the crowd. "KIM SUNGGYU KIM SUNGGYU" they shouted his name. With that it was Woohyun's turn. His dance skills wasn't as good and Gyu's so he had no choice but to sing. The music began but nothing came out. As hard as he tried nothing came out. He only saw one thing and that was the hundreds of eyes looking at him all at once. "LOOK EVERYONE HE'S CHOKING", everyone began to laugh. The tears started as he ran out the cafeteria door.

He ended up in the bathroom stall crying. "Go to a performing arts school she said. It'll help your stage fright she said. Only thing this school has brought me is pain. I don't belong here. I wanna go back, I have to get out of here". Woohyun collected his things and ran out the school and skipped for the rest of the day.