Never Letting Go

Be Mine: A WooGyu Love Story

 

It was somewhat of a free period for Woohyun and Sungjong who both worked in the school’s library during this period, so they took the time to discuss the recent events of the past weeks. “So hyung how about that win huh” said Jongie. “Oh I know right, it feels unreal. I still can’t get use to all the attention”. “Isn’t this what you wanted? Just think back to when you first got here though”. “That’s true Jong. To this day I’m thankful for the confidence you’ve given me with the new look. It definitely helps with getting over my stage fright”. “I can see, just look at you now. You’re glowing just as bright as me, but I still shine brighter” Jong said with a smirk. “I guess so Jong, no one can shine better than our maknae. Speaking of shinning, do not think you’re slick mister”. “What do you mean Woo”? “You seem a bit perkier and you’re glowing more than usual these days”. “I’ve just had extra reasons to be happy that’s all”. “Ok, so what is it….or who I should say”? “Who said it had to be a person”. “Come on, it’s me you’re talking to. I can see it written all over your face. The only thing that makes you smile like this is either new clothes or a guy, so which one is it”? “Well ok, come closer….” Woo slides a bit closer to Jong so their words would go unheard. “When ya think about it Woo, I guess you can say both”. “Both”? “Yeah. See I can’t lie, there is this guy and I guess you can say is that what he wears is what intrigues me. He’s not exactly what I normally go after, ya know the clean cut designer clothes guy like myself. He’s more like you, regular average Joe…no offense”. “Non taken. Soooooo who is it though”? “You know the small restaurant that’s near the record store you work at”. “Yeah. Let me see ummm….Tasteful Delight right”? “Yeah that one”. “Ok what about it”. “Well the guy is the nephew of the head chef”. “Oh you mean DongJoon”. “You know him” Sungjong asked. “Yeah, my dad and his uncle are friends. I met him once when we were young but then he moved to Busan. They came to visit me back when I was in the hospital and he told me he was coming to Kirin himself. How do you know him”? “I actually ran into him at the hospital the day we came to see you. I also take his uncle’s cooking classes. Man what a small world. This is good hyung, maybe you can get me some info on him..ya know, what he likes and dislikes, his favorite color, etc”. “I would like to do that Jongie but that would be a waste of time for you when you think about it”. “How”? “I mean getting to know someone is the fun part of building a relationship. Take me and your brother for example. I thought he was a rich, stuck up, jerk when I first met him but the adventure of finding out how sweet and soft he is on the inside was well worth taking. How about you just ask him out”? “We kind of already have plans this weekend”. “See there ya go, what are you guys doing”? “He just told me something simple, so I’m guessing just dinner and a movie.  He’s just so cute I hope I don’t make a fool out of myself”. “Stop worrying Jong, it’s natural to be nervous. You’ll be fine. Besides this is so not your style, what happen to that beaming charming charisma that can win over anybody” . “I can’t help it…he just SOOOO FREAKING CUTE”.

As the boys finished putting the last of the books on the shelves the bell had rung and it was time for lunch. Woohyun and Sungjong headed to the café to meet with the others. They grabbed their trays and selected what dishes they would dine on today. “Hyung, I thought your mom made you lunch like she always does”? “She did but it never hurts to eat lobster as the main course. I mean it is a part of my tuition and I’ve never had it before so why not give it a try”. The two chuckled while heading towards the lounge but the convo and laughs were cut short by Kyungmin. “Well look at what we have here. Looks like someone has come up in the ranks haven’t we”. “What do you want Kyungmin-ssi”. “Ssi? So I’m ssi now Woohyun”? “Don’t play dumb with me. You know our friendship went out the door the moment you tried to declare war, especially after you poisoned me”. Shocked from Woo’s statement, Jong’s eyes widen and jaw dropped. “So it was you”, Jong exclaimed, “Ohhhh you just wait until I tell my hyung. Gyu is so going to kick your ”. As Jong was preparing to tell Gyu the surprising new details, Woo stopped him. “Woo what are you doing”? “Listen Jong I don’t want Gyu to find out”. “What do you mean? This loser has to pay for what he did to you. He nearly took your life”. “But it’s fine Sungjong”, Woohyun then turns to Kyungmin to finish his statement, “Ya see dongsaeng what he did only made me stronger. I came back, kicked his and I’m standing before you the ultimate winner and feeling better than ever. You know what that makes him Jongie….a SAD PATHETIC LOSER. Now if you’ll excuse us Kyungmin-ssi, we have to go meet with our friends for lunch so how about you go run along to yours….opps I forgot, you have none, bye~”. Sungjong followed but not without leaving with a big “Meh-rong” as Kyungmin’s face turned sore. “Ok Woohyun, you win this time but one of these days I will have my moment” said Kyungmin.

Inside the lounge, the guys were eating and laughing it up all while trying to come up with ideas for the next showcase. WooGyu being the vocalist of the group, they were trying to find the right concept for the new song but Gyu was a bit distracted. “Yah SungGyu! If you keep eating all my food I’m going to starve to death”. “Yeobo sharing is caring” Gyu said while taking his fork yet again snatching food from Woohyun’s lunchbox. “Why don’t you just ask my mom to make you one”. “No need, I’ll keep eating from yours. Take it as a compliment, Mom’s cooking is amazing”. “Aish you greedy bastard”. “But you still looooove me” Gyu says making kissy faces towards Woohyun. “Eww you’re so annoying” Woo laughed. “Ok guys so what about the next showcase” Myungsoo interrupted. “Well you all know the usual pairings, Me and Woo have lyrics, You and Yeol for the look, and Hoya, Dongwoo, and Jong on the dance moves” Gyu instructed “So how about we get started asap, say my dad’s recording studio after school”. “I can’t”, said Hoya, “My mom said she wanted him home directly after school, she says it is something extremely important she has to talk to me about”. “Yeah yeobo and me, Yeol, and Dongwoo have work today”. “So I guess that leaves me, Jong, and Myung”. “Make that you and Myung. I kind of have somewhere to be afterwards” Jong said giving Woo an insider smile. “Just forget it, we’ll have to reschedule when we all have the time. The showcase isn’t until another month so we have plenty of time”. As the clock strikes 1:00 it was time for the last class of the day. The guys all head for the door but Gyu grabs a hold of Woohyun before he can leave. “What is it Gyu”? “Nothing I just wanted to walk you to class”. “Well come on I don’t want to be late”. Sunggyu hurriedly got his things together as he grabs Woo’s hand and headed out the door. “There’s been something on my mind Woo and I’ve been meaning to talk to you about it”. “Oh no what is it”. “Calm down babe it isn’t anything serious. I was wondering since Spring break is around the corner how about we head to Jeju Island”. “That sounds great yeobo but, why was that something to stress about”. “The thing is … I was wondering what if I bought along Sunghyun. I know you haven’t been to Jeju before and obviously neither has Sunghyun so I wanted my two special guys to share this first time together”. “Sounds like a great idea Gyu, I would love to have him but…”. “But what”? “What about Hyomin? You know she hates me around the little guy. I doubt she would be thrilled about me and him going on vacation together”. “You don’t worry your pretty little head about that, I can handle Hyomin”. Before they knew it they had reached Woo’s destination.  Gyu had given Woo and gentle kiss on the forehead and just as he was about to part ways he gives Woo and nice smack on the . “Aish you jerk, you always have to ruin the moment”. “I’ll be waiting out in the parking lot after class dear”.

------------

 

 

The day had come to an end and the boys were all parting ways. L had taken Sungyeol and Dongwoo to work and Gyu had done the same with Woo, he also decided to join Jong much to his protesting. Only one left was Hoya. Just what was it that Hoya’s mom has to tell him?

The dance machine pulled up to the front of his house and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. As he opened the door he saw suitcases aligned along the staircase.  Confused, Hoya screamed for his mother. “Umma! Ummmaaaa! Where are you”? “In here hun”. Hoya followed the sound of this mother’s voice to the living room. There his mother was, sipping on a cup of tea. “Umma what’s with the suitcases in the front”? Still calm and collected, his mother still didn’t say a word. She took her hand and patted the seat cushion instructing her son to come sit next to her. “Umma can you tell me what’s going on? Bumsoo why are my things not in my room”? The butler could only remain silent as he held his head down. Hoya’s mother pulls out an envelope and hands it to her son. “What is this”? “Open it Howon. Open it and tell me what you see”. He took the envelope from his mother’s hands and nervously started to open it as he was told. Once the envelope was open Hoya’s heart dropped to the bottom of his stomach. He was so stunned of the contents inside. “It’s….it’s….it’s” he repeated. “Yes it’s you and that bottom feeder”. “How did you … I don’t understand”. “You didn’t listen Howon and I’m disappointed. I’ve had a feeling you were going to do as you pleased so I had someone follow you around for a couple of days”. Hoya still can’t believe his eyes. Before him are pictures from the day at the peroro factory, their picnic, a kiss he shared with Dongwoo on his front step, and even one of Hoya’s trips to the record store to see Dongwoo. “So what does all this mean Umma? Why are my things down stairs”? “Simple. I’m sending you away for your disobedience “. “Sending me away! You can’t do that”. “Sure I can. You don’t listen so you have to pay the consequences”. “And this is what you come up with”! “Howon why are you so upset, you love Japan”. “I’m not even fluent in Japanese yet, how do you except me to live”? “I wasn’t going to send you alone”. “I’M NOT GOING TO JAPAN! Why are you doing this to me! You went through all this trouble just because I’m in love! Umma you’re crazy”! “You’re in love that’s ok, but why of all people did it have to be HIM. I told you never to see him again and you deliberately disobeyed me. That is something I will not tolerate Howon and you know that. When you told me that you were bi I didn’t mind at all, I supported you. But I will not have you ruined your designer labels with such flith. What about SungGyu's little brother SungJong, I’m sure he has a little crush on you. Or what about that wonderful darling Hyomin, I heard she’s single these days”. “You can’t help who you fall for. If you still had a heart you would know that umma. I won’t stop seeing him and I’M NOT GOING TO JAPAN” he shouted. Hoya storms out the room and drags his bags back up stairs. “I’m afraid this isn’t up for discussion Howon” says Mrs. Lee.

 

At the cooking class Dongjoon was a bit distance than usual. It could’ve been due to Gyu’s presence in the room. Sungjong begged and pleaded for his hyung to leave but Gyu wouldn’t listen. “Hyung why did you have to come today” Jong whinned. “I am a father now ya know. I need to learn how to cook for your nephew” Gyu responded. “I could have shown you once I got home”. “I’m fine here. Why are you trying to get rid of me, I’m not in your way am I”? “Sort of now beat it”. “Nope”. Jong just pouted and continued to stir his sauce. He could see out the corner of his eye Dongjoon stealing glances and he wondered, “Why isn’t he coming over? I bet it’s cause of hyung”. He hoped, no prayed that Dongjoon would come over to taste a sample or offer his assistance but, the longer Gyu stayed around the further Dongjoon went. Sungjong grew irritated and decided to take a breather outside. “Freaking babo. I wish he would hurry up and leave”. The door opens and Jong feels the cool breeze from the AC inside the building. He looks up and sees the face of Dongjoon staring down at his face soaking up the sun’s rays. “You ok out here Sungjong”? Jong quickly gathers to his feet. “Yeah, I’m fine. You seem pretty busy in there”. “Yeah so do you. I see you back there chatting it up with that guy”. “Trying to get him to leave. My hyung is so annoying today”. “Hyung”? “Yeah, he’s my brother. Kim SungGyu, he’s on the cover with me on our school uniform catalog. You haven’t seen him before”?  “No…I thought…never mind. I was gonna come talk to you earlier but your hyung is kind of intimidating”. Jong laughed. “You’re kidding right. My hyung intimidating, that’s real funny Dongjoon”. “Well he kind of is to me”. “Aww that’s cute, you’re scarred of my brother. Trust me he wouldn’t hurt a fly. But if you are afraid of him, brace yourself for me”. “I’m sure I can handle you”.

Back at the record store Woohyun decided to share the Jeju Island news with his chodings. “Ok guys so get this…pack your bags because in a few weeks we’re going to Jeju island”. The chodings jumped for joy. “Oh my gosh hyung I get to go deep sea diving in the crystal clear waters like in the drama Life Is Beautiful” said Yeol. “And the food Yeol, the delicious Jeju food” Dongwoo said with his mouth drooling on the spot. “But get this guys, Gyu wants to bring Sunghyun along”. “But why? Why bring a baby on a Spring break trip when he can see him when we get back and party instead” questioned Yeol. “He said wanted to make it a special bonding moment for the both of us since neither of us has been. I can see his point though but I’m just worried about Hyomin. She’s such a devious that will do anything to ruin something between Gyu and me. Who knows what she will do”? “Woohyun you can’t worry about that”, said Dongwoo, “We’re about to be in Jeju Island for the first time in our lives. We should be practicing how to surf and be as stress free as possible”. “You make a good point hyung”. In the midst of all the excitement Dongwoo phone starts to ring. “Oh it’s Hoya”. “What’s he up to” asked Woo. “I don’t know......Hello…..wait Hoya what’s wrong….calm down you’re not speaking clearly…..WHAT……Your mom is sending you to Japan”. Woohyun and Sungyeol looked in shocked and said in unison “HIS MOM IS SENDING HIM TO JAPAN”?!

________

A/N: Woooow, what do you guys think about that curveball. How dare Hoya's mom do that to him, she's being quite the if I say so myself. Poor Hoya, I'm sure his friends got his back...they can pull off something, right???

Sorry for the chapter being a little bit on the short side guys, I had to get an update out there asap. It's been a WHILE since I've updated and if you're even still reading this, I'm thankful. So it's summer and I have a month left until I leave for school again but I should be updating more until then so look forward to that. Also my mind has been coming up with ideas for a new fic and since I LOVE B.A.P I'm thinking of having them star in the new one so be on the look out for that