Better Together?

Be Mine: A WooGyu Love Story

"But sir, I just got here. Surely there is someone else who should be on stage instead of me". "Well Woohyun, we all got to start some where right?". "But with him, really" he thought.

While Woohyun was dreading being on stage again, on the other side of the room was a different story. Sunggyu was happy about the situation but sensing that Woohyun is trying to ditch him, he takes matters into his own hands.

"You know sir if he wants out I think you should let him". Everyone including Woo turns in shock, just what is it that Gyu is up to?. "I mean we all know that the newbie is lacking, he'll only bring me down. That'll do nothing but embarrass himself even worse then what he's already done before. I'm sure I can carry this performance on my own". "HEY! You're not the only talented one in this room alright". "That's true but I"m sure that there are more talented people in here that'll do better on stage with me then you". "I'm just as talented as anyone else in here". "Are you sure about that?". "YEAH! I'm POSITIVE!". "Fine, perform with me then". "I will!". Sunggyu smirks and gives himself a victory fist pump, operation reverse psychology .. SUCCESS. 

After class was over Sunggyu and Woohyun goes to see the teacher for their showcase assignment. "Ok you two, I know this is last minute but this will be the song you'll perform for the showcase" "Sweet, I love this song!" Woohyun exclaimed. "Really, so do I". The boys smile at each other, excited at their mutual love this the song. Woohyun realizing that the two are having a moment, he awkwardly looks away trying to ignore what just happened. "Listen here you two, performing a duet is not about trying to shine brighter then the other. It's about being one. Two different people coming together to put on a magical performance. Now this showcase means more then just a regular performance for you two. You will be graded and it's counts for 30% of your grade so you better do well. Now go, get to practicing..you have today with the performance set for tomorrow".

Outside the classroom Woohyun begins to walk off but Sunggyu stops him before he can do so. The sudden physical contact makes his heart race as he looks into Sunggyu's eyes. "What's wrong with me" he thought to himself.  "Wh wh what" Woo said. "You heard what he said, we have to become one. That means we should be spending a lot more time together". "No that's ok" Woo retorted, "I'll just take my parts and practice on my own". Woohyun tries to walk off again but Sunggyu only pulls him in closer, this time Sunggyu starts to feel something. With them being chest to chest his heart begins to beat so hard that Woohyun picks up on it. "Do you feel that Woohyun? It's our hearts matching to each others rhythm. This is how we should be during to showcase, not two people but one". Woo starts to jitter a little. "I'll rent out a space for us to use for practice, ok?". "I don't think that'll be necessary" Woohyun tries to squirm out of Gyu's grasp but he wouldn't let up. "Woohyun if we're going to make this work, you need to stop being so resistant towards me". "F..f..fine" he says making his way out of Sunggyu's arms. "We'll just try this for one night and see how it goes" Woohyun says. They sit there just starring at each other without saying a word until Woohyun hastily turns and walks away. "What was that" he thought.

----

That night Woo meets Gyu as planned in the studio that Sunggyu has arranged for them to use...even if it means them being there all night. They immediately get to work on their performance but Woo has a rocky start, forgetting some of the lyrics. Sunggyu tries not to get upset but his frustration is written all over his face. Woohyun senses the tension in the room but keeps trying only to keep fumbling. "I thought you said you knew this song!". "I do it's just...I haven't sung it in a while". "Well try harder". "I am trying my best ok. I'm just tired, can't we take a break? We've been practicing since we got here". "A break. How do you think you deserve a break!" Sunggyu shouted. "We've been doing the same vocal exercises for hours, let me get a little rest. Please Sunggyu~". Sunggyu turned away from Woohyun, becoming powerless against Woohyun whining. "S..su..sure. Go rest". Sunggyu exits to room to go find them some snacks but he isn't sure of what Woohyun would like so he heads back to the practice room. "Yah Woohyun" he calls but doesn't get an answer. He finds Woohyun asleep on the floor on top of his jacket. Enticed by the sleeping beauty he makes his way closer and sits beside him. "Is this really the same person that I met that day on the stairwell". He starts to his cheek and is amazed at how soft his skin is. Tracing Woo's body with his eyes he moves in closer wanting to steal a kiss but he stops himself. "No I can't..wait what am I doing. I shouldn't be doing this". He clutches his heart, racing at a million miles a minute. "I can't let this happen this way". Checking his watch he sees that it's getting pretty late. "I see why he's so tired. Maybe we should call it a night".

----

The next morning Woo feels completely re-energized. "Wah~ I haven't gotten a good night sleep like that in weeks". He opens his eyes and is surprised to find Sunggyu sleeping next to him. 'WHAT THE". He sits up surprised to see that he isn't at the studio where he had fallen asleep. Looking around he is confused at his surroundings and jumps and the presence of Sungjong. "Morning" the magnae says sweetly. "What are you doing here?". "What do you mean what am I doing here? I should be asking you that, you're the one in my house". "HIS HOUSE" he thought. "Don't you see, you're in my hyung's bed". Woo's eyes dart straight at the sleeping Sunggyu. "Did you bring me here?" he said quietly. "You should be lucky Woohyun-ssi, you slept with the most popular student in school". "We didn't do anything I swear!". "I don't know if I believe that. Hyung usually sleeps with no clothes on and what he wants he gets". Woo jumps out of bed and see's that he's been stripped to a tank top and his underwear. "See I still have my clothes on, nothing happen". "But where are the rest of your things". He looks around but he can't find them, did Woo and Gyu really mess around last night. "Does your brother really sleep...". "Go find out for yourself, I'm going back to bed". "But wait. Sungjong why aren't you guys getting ready for school?". "Kirin is out today. We always have a day out before we hold our showcases. It gives them the day to prepare". Sungjong walks out and curiosity starts to get to Woo. He goes back to the bed and starts to lift the sheets. Slowly, parts of Sunggyu's body were being revealed. First there was feet, feet that seem well groomed, better then women feet. Next there was his legs but by the time anything else could be revealed Sunggyu had awakened. "What are you doing?" he questioned Woo. "Nothing" he felt his cheeks turn red from the embarrassment. "What did you do to me last night". "What are you talking about". "When I went to sleep I was clearly at the studio". "You seemed so tired so I brought you here". "Why didn't you take me home". "I don't know where you live". "You should have woken me and asked". "I couldn't do that you was sleeping so peacefully". Baffled by his niceness but he's still thankful towards Gyu. "Why are you being so nice to me". Sunggyu doesn't know how to answer his question so he just ignores him and gets out of bed. "WAIT" Woo covers his eyes. "What is wrong with you this morning". Woo hesitantly looks over his hand to find Gyu covered but just barely, all he is wearing is his boxers. Maybe nothing went on last night. "I'm going to go wash up. I sent your things to be washed so just ask one of the maids for your things". "Ok".

Once the boys had gotten washed up and ate breakfast, it was time for Sunggyu and Woohyun to head back to practice to brush up on some things for tonight.

---

The moment arrived. They had 10 minutes before they were up. Woohyun getting increasingly nervous he has thoughts of backing out before it was time to go on. Sunggyu saw that something was wrong with his partner so her rushed to his side. "Woohyun are you alright". "I don't think I can do this, I don't think I can go on" "Woo we've been over this a million times you can do this, try not to think so much about it". "Will the WooGyu team please take their places" said the coordinator. "Come on Woohyun" Sunggyu offers his had and Woohyun grabbed it as they both went on stage.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As they wrapped up their performance, Sunggyu looked over to Woohyun. "What is this? Is this love that I'm feeling. Am I in love?".