Undeniable Attraction

Be Mine: A WooGyu Love Story

 

It was Tuesday at around second period when Kirin got an announcement from a special someone. “Will all Blow Wind Blow model contestants please report to the main lobby. Again will all Blow Wind Blow model contestants report to the main lobby”. A sleeping Woohyun doesn’t hear the person over the intercom but thankfully Gyu was there to awake him. “Did he really enter…no way he’ll win” one student commented. Sunggyu gives that particular student his deadly death glare which puts a stop to all the chatter.

The potential models all gathered in the lobby and awaited for whatever it was that they’re supposed to wait for. Suddenly the crowd of guys start screaming like a bunch of fanboys as two figures makes their way to the middle of the crowd. Woohyun can’t believe his eyes, it is the one and only….Jisun along with the dean. The red haired goddess took her position in the middle of the crowd as she began to make her announcement. “Ok hopefuls, after a long wait and some careful deliberation we have finally came up with the top 5 from the load of entries that we received. Will the following please come forward: Jason Choi, Choi Kyungmin, Lee Jihoon, Ahn Kibum, and Nam Woohyun”. The crowd becomes surprised as Woo comes forward but no one is as shocked as Kyungmin and Woo can see the Kyungmin is no happy camper. “You five have been chosen to move on to the next round. This would actually mean that all of you will film for my video and the best actor will have his parts edited to be a part of the final product. Here is some additional information”. Jisun hands the top five their papers. “Be sure to make it to the set at your assigned time, we wait for no one”. Jisun gives everyone a glowing smile and with that she is off. Immediately Kyungmin confronts Woo, not holding back any of this disappointment to his “friend”. “Yah, Nam Woohyun! How could you do this to me?! You told me you wouldn’t enter the contest and now you’re in the finals, you’re a total liar!”. “It isn’t what you think”. “So you didn’t enter after you told me you wouldn’t”. “Ok so it is what you think” Woo thought to himself. “I didn’t really want to but some outside influences encouraged me”. “Let me guess your stupid boyfriend Sunggyu”. “Hey don’t talk about him like that!”. “So it was him. Once again you let that get in the way of our friendship” “I said DON’T TALK ABOUT HIM LIKE THAT!”. “And, what are you going to do about it?”. Woo tries to control his anger but he forms two fists without thinking. “You better watch your mouth, you don’t even know him. I’d hate to ruin that pretty face of yours before you ever make it to the set”. “Is that a threat?”. “More like a promise”. “Look at you. Acting just like him, as if you’re any better than me. You two were made for each other”.

Back in the classroom of Dongwoo, he’s immersed in his own thoughts. As he was trying to stay focused on the teacher, a note had flown onto his desk. When he had looked up he was confused when that all heads were still turned towards to teacher. Dongwoo opened the note as it read, “To: Dongwoo-ssi, Meet me in the hallway outside the classroom once the bell rings. From:Hoya”. “HOYA!”, the choding thought, “What does he want with me?”. He thought why would Hoya send him a note but then he realized that he and Hoya never grew close enough to exchange numbers. Dongwoo grew nervous as time went by and before he knew it *RING* it was time to change classes. Dongwoo was so anxious that by the time he started to pack his things, he was the only student left in the room. Once he walked out the door he sees Hoya up ahead waiting for him. Hoya’s leaning on the side of the wall listening to his iPod and Dongwoo takes a second to gaze upon the dancing kingka’s looks. “Even when he’s just staring into space he’s still a thing of beauty”. Dongwoo took his time getting closer to the dancer but it didn’t take long for Hoya to snap out of his daze and recognize the choding coming closer to him. “Dongwoo-ssi” Hoya waved happily, and like always giving the choding another amazing greeting with that breathtaking smile. “Hi Hoya”. “Ya know, you can call me Howon if you like”. Dongwoo blushed a little; he likes Hoya’s gesture since it implies some sort of closeness or maybe even a step to get more casual. “So what is it that you wanted to see me about?”. “Well you know that you and I are in charge of the big dance routine”. “Yeah”. “Gyu had gave me the instrumental to the song that he and WOo worked so hard on so I was wondering if you wanted to meet after school so we can start…with Sungjong”. “Right. With Sungjong” the choding said in an awkwardly laughable tone. “We can use me dance studio at my house. How about you ride with me after school?”. “Sure. No problem”. This may not be the may not be the picture perfect moment that he wanted with Hoya but at least it was something.

It was after school and the three friends had met up to say their goodbyes and both Woo and Yeol are surprised when Dongwoo follows Woo to the parking lot instead of heading for the bus stop. “Hyung where are you going? Aren’t you going home?” the younger choding asked. “No. Me and Hoya are going back to his place to see what we can come up with for the BOTB”.  “Just you two? What about flower boy Sungjong?”. “I think he’s going to be there”. “Sounds like you don’t want him to be” Woo said eyeing his hyung suspiciously. Dongwoo just pretends not to hear his dongsaeng as heads for Hoya’s car once he spots him pulling up to his friends. “Bye guys, I’ll call you later”. “Bye” the dongsaengs said in unison.  “Do you see what I see?” Woohyun asked Yeol. “Oh I see it, and someone’s smitten”. “I’ll say”.

Hoya and Dongwoo pull up to Hoya’s house and Dongwoo, being just the average joe, is in awe over the lovely home. “This is really your house?”. “You like?”. “Uh YEAH”. Hoya parked the car and smiles at Dongwoo’s astonishment before getting out. Once inside Dongwoo is even more astounded at the interior. The walls decorated with paintings from all over the European continent, giant chandeliers made entirely out of diamond crystals, and the finest china set in the entire Korean peninsula. “The studio is down that hall, make a right and it’s the third door on the left. It has everything you need so just make yourself at home until I come down, ok?”. “Alright”. He began to walk but he didn’t make his way down the hall until Hoya was completely out his sight when he went upstairs. In the hall Dongwoo came across an old butler. “Hello there young master”. “No just call me Dongwoo”. “Well young Dongwoo, may I ask what business do you have with the Lee household?”. “I’m a friend, I guess you can say, of Hoya”. “You mean Master Howon do you?”. “Yes sir”. “What a delightful young man. You’ll do right to keep him as a friend. He doesn’t really have many friends other than the other three masters”. “Oh, I’ll be sure to do that then. I have to continue on my way, nice meeting you. I didn’t get your name by the way”. “Ok Bumsoo”. “Nice meeting you Ok Bumsoo-ssi. Bye”. Dongwoo walked along the long hall, admiring the family portraits along the way when he came across a painting of a young Hoya. “This one must be Hoya. He still has the same smile”. The choding takes out his phone to take a picture of the painting but he’s caught in the process. A tall skinny woman in a slim red dress with her hair pulled back into a bun walks up to Dongwoo with a cold demeanor. “Excuse me but what are you doing in my house?”. “Sorry ma’am, my name is Jang Dongwoo. I’m one of Hoya’s friends”. “Did you say Jang? As in Jang enterprises?”. “No just a regular Jang family”. “So what is a commoner like yourself doing here with my son?”. “SON?” the choding thought. “I’m just here to work on something for the school”. “Is that so? Well don’t break anything”. “Ok”. The woman walks past Bumsoo and she tells him “Be sure to keep an eye out on that one, I don’t want anything missing from this house”.

When Hoya had come down and into the studio with Dongwoo, the two didn’t get to work right away. They actually just spent a couple of hours just being regular teens and hung out. Watching TV, playing video games, discussing their hobbies, it was a meaningful couple of hours. They got to know each other a lot better and they found out that they had quite a few things in common. “Ok Hoya, I think we should start now”. “Yeah, we should”. Hoya puts on the track and the two instantly start bobbing their heads to the beat. The boys just start to move to the beat, doing some insanely awesome freestyle moves. Suddenly the boys hit one another and the impact sends them flying onto the floor with Hoya falling on top of Dongwoo. The two just look into each other’s eyes while the music is still playing. Hovering over Dongwoo’s face, Hoya slowly makes his way towards the choding’s lips. A few seconds before they were about to make contact “Hyung I’m here” Sungjong comes in the studio.