Answers

Be Mine: A WooGyu Love Story

 

Hoya quickly backed off of Dongwoo while they were still lying on the floor. “Can’t believe I almost missed practice hyung. I’m glad Gyugyu hyung told me you wanted to get together” the magnae said. “Yeah thank goodness for good ole Sunggyu” the choding said with a hint of sarcasm. “Come on hyung, I was thinking you can show me how to do that breaking thing like you did in class that day”. “Sure come on”. The magnae was really excited to have his hyung teaching him the new moves, contrary to Dongwoo fuming over the ruined moment between him and Hoya. The boys spend a couple of hours practicing and Dongwoo hasn’t been able to have a moment with Hoya since, finally deciding to do something about it, he takes Sungjong aside and talks to him. “Hey Sungjong do you think you can possibly miss the next session, if you catch my drift”. “Why would I do that?”. “See I kind of like Hoya and I haven’t been able to tell if he likes me back”. “I’m sorry Dongwoo but…I just can’t do that”. “Why not? Sungjong I really like Hoya and it would just be awesome if you can sort of back off, just this once”. “I’m sorry but I can’t. See that would be fine but I’m in love…with Hoya”. “WHAT?!”. “You heard me right. He’s been there for me since the day I met him and he’s more like a brother to me than Gyu. Don’t get me wrong I love Gyu but Hoya’s been the one who was there when I really needed someone by my side. I can’t stop you from feeling the way you do but just because you may have feelings for Hoya now, doesn’t mean that I’m going to stop trying to win his heart”. The pretty boy walks away from Dongwoo, leaving him shocked at his declaration. 

--------

Sungyeol was the only person working at the record store today and Myungsoo had stopped by again to visit his partner. “Hey Sungyeol can we talk for a minute?”. “Sure just give me a sec.  Hey manager hyung, I’m going on my break a little bit early!”. “Fine. Pick me up some ice cream mochi from the store would ya?”. “Ok”.  The two made their way outside and began to walk along the sidewalk. “What’s up?” said Yeol. “I really wanted to apologize for what I did Friday”. Sungyeol immediately turns red in the face, “Yeah man what was with you?”. “I don’t know, it’s just that sometimes when I’m around you I get these urges. I can’t help it Sungyeol”. “It’s ok L, I know your type. It meant nothing to you right? That’s fine, I wasn’t really looking for a relationship anyway”. “But what if it did mean something” L grabbed onto Yeol’s arms making them face each other. “I can’t figure out what it is but with you I’m not just thinking with my tool, my hearts seems to come into play as well”. “Look L you’re not talking to another one of those naïve kids at Kirin ok. I don’t know what game you’re trying to play but I’m not about to get attached to you”. “Sungyeol I’m being serious here. Did you honestly not feel something between us that night? In that moment of passion, were you only thinking about the play?”. L pulls Sungyeol in for a kiss. “Don’t you feel anything? I know I’m not the only one that senses a spark here”.  Sungyeol turns red again and L takes his silence as a definite yes. “I knew it”. “So what L, what if I do have some sort of feelings towards you? I’ve heard about how you just throw away people like it’s nothing”. “Yes I did do things like that in my past but that was all before I met you. Just give me a chance please? I think I’m starting to go crazy because of you Sungyeol, won’t you go crazy with me?”. 

---------

 

Across town the Woogyu couple is working on the lyrics for the song at a fine porridge shop. “Woo tell me what you think about the chorus”. Sunggyu begins to sing, it was one of Woohyun’s favorite past times, he always enjoyed his boyfriend’s singing. “Be mine. I love you, okay? I worry about you, okay? I’ll take care of you till the end. Be mine. You know me, right? You saw me, right? I’ll protect you till the end”. “So Woo what do you think?”. “Gyu~”. “Yeah?”. “Did you write that….for me?”. Sunggyu had blushed a little and shyly looked away and gave a cute “Yeah” as his response. “Oh yeobo I love it so much. I never imagine that someday someone would write a song about me. It’s perfect”. “I’m really glad you like it” Gyu said ecstatic with happiness. Gyu’s phone began to ring, the caller never seemed to let up since the other day. “I thought you got a new number, how is that person still calling you?”. “I did. When I broke my last one I got a new number when I bought this one. Someone how they managed to figure out my new number”. “Why don’t you just use that money of yours to put an end to this?”. “It’s not a big deal Woo. Listen I’ll be back, I’m going to the bathroom for a quick second”. “Ok”. As Woo sat there and started to hum some random words to go with the song, he hears a ringing nose coming from the floor. “It’s Gyu’s phone. He must’ve dropped it on his way to the bathroom”. The I.D. says that it’s an unknown caller but out of curiosity he picks up the phone. “Hello?”. “Finally you decides to pick up my phone call again” says a female voice on the other end. “I don’t know who you are but you really…”, midway through his sentence Woo notices that he can hear his voice echo through the phone and he also can hear the same music playing in the restaurant as well. Woo gets up to look around when he sees this person with long hair holding their hand up to their head. “I take this to be Woohyun, am I right?”. “Yes you are correct and whoever you are, you need to stop blowing up my man’s phone”. Woo starts to walk up to the person. “Well Woohyun, I’m afraid that this has nothing to do with you. So you shouldn’t concern yourself with the affairs of other people”.  Woo comes face to face with the person on the other end and surprise surprise, the person that has been calling Sunggyu all this time was none other than Hyomin. “Wow. You know Hyomin, your inability to move on makes me feel so bad for you. Let me put this in the simplest form so you can understand *Clears throat* STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM GYU. HE DOESN’T WANT YOU ANYMORE NOR DOES HE THINK ABOUT YOU. YOU ARE THE PAST SWEETIE”. Hyomin just giggles, “If only you knew”. “What is that supposed to mean? You know what it doesn’t even matter but you better stop blowing up his phone or else you’ll have me to deal with”. Woo storms back to the table where he finds Gyu waiting for him. “Woo where did you go?”. “Why didn’t you tell me Hyomin was the one calling you this whole time?!”. “How did you know?”. “Wrong answer Sunggyu!”. “Look Woohyun the reason I didn’t tell you was because I knew you would react like this”. “But why is she calling you”. “I don’t know but Woo you know that I don’t want anything to do with her so it doesn’t matter”. “Yes it does Gyu”. “Why? You know that you don’t have to worry about me and her because you know that all that matters to me is you, don’t you?”. “Yeah I know”. “Alright then, so let’s just put this behind us and work on the song then”. “Fine Sunggyu, I’ll let it slide this time but I’ll going make sure this knows her place. Just you wait Hyomin, just you wait” Woo thinks to himself.