Every Little Thing Is Going To Be Alright

Be Mine: A WooGyu Love Story

 

“Japan, hyung tell me you’re joking”. “I wish I could Sungjong but I can’t. When I came home my bags were packed as if she was ready to send me off today”. Upon hearing the news the boys gathered at the Kim household. There they sat in Sunggyu’s room wondering in thought, what could they do to prevent their friend from leaving thousands of miles away? No one could be more devastated than Dongwoo. All he could do was sit in silence as he rested his head on Hoya’s shoulder nearly on the verge of tears. “I still don’t get in Hoya. We made sure that we were careful”. “I guess we weren’t careful enough Dongwoo”. “But why”? “My mom is just a very complex person”. “It’s because of me”. “Shhhhh. Don’t say that Dongwoo”. “But you know just as well as I do that it’s the truth”. “But yeobo…”. “Just stop Hoya” ,Dongwoo interrupted, “If I would have stayed away like she said…”. “What do you mean like she said? Did my mom say something to you”? Dongwoo froze; he was unable to say a word. “Dongwoo tell me the truth”. “Fine. A while back your mom paid me a visit and during that visit she asked me to leave you. She didn’t specify what would happen but now I see what she intended to do. I should have just done like she said…..Hoya…..we have to break up”. Everyone looks to Dongwoo in shock. “Dongwoo what are you saying” said Woohyun. “Dongwoo you can’t mean that” said Hoya. “Your mom is going to do whatever it takes so why not comply”. “You listen to me, I don’t care what my mom threatens me with…She could threaten to send me to the States, I’m not going to let hear get in the way of our relationship”. “Well you tell me what else you are supposed to do then Hoya”. Dongwoo gets up and leaves the room. In the hallway he tries to keep himself from crying but the tears start to fall. The door opens and out comes maknae hoping to snap some sense into Dongwoo. “What is wrong with you Dongwoo? How can you just walk out on him like that”? “Jong you just don’t understand”. “No you don’t understand”. Jong grabs Dongwoo and he talks face to face. “I’ve known Howon for a very long time. I’ve seen all kinds of people walk in and out of his life, but I’ve never seen him look at someone the way he looks at you. He freaking loves you idiot so how can you just give up on him like that? If you let him go you will regret it, trust me you will…I did up until recently. Now come on get yourself together and let’s see what we can do to help him”. “For someone so young you just know all the right things to say”. When the choding and maknae return to the room, Dongwoo returned the Hoya’s side and apologized for his rash behavior. There the boys sat again, stuck.  The ideas were floating around in the room but it was cool boy Myungsoo who came up with the start of a brilliant idea. “I think I got it”! “Well….out with it” said Gyu. “Think about it for a second guys. Hyung you are at the age where you don’t have to be under the control of your mom”. “What do you mean Myungsoo? I’m not 18 yet”. “That is true, but you are still old enough to do so”. “Ok now I’m confused” said Woohyun. “Don’t you guys get it? Hello….emancipation. Hoya you’re 17 years old, the age requirement to get emancipated from your parents is 16. You can go can go file papers and be free from your mom forever. Technically you would be the first adult among us all”. “Yahhhhh Myungsoo you genius, I could just kiss you right now” Hoya said with excitement. “Yeah how about not” Sungyeol said. The guys were all smiles and excited over the winning idea. “Well guys I hate to burst your bubble, but you all are forgetting something big” said Woo “If Hoya does this, how will he survive? Neither of you guys has worked a day in your life”. “I don’t mind getting a job Woo”. “Getting a job isn’t as easy as it sounds”. “Don’t worry about it Hoya, you can always come stay with me and Jongie”. “That’s nice of you Gyu but I couldn’t possibly impose on your family like that”. “Howon-ah you know my mom loves you, it wouldn’t even be a problem. But if that’s how you feel, what about moving in with your dad or having him support you”.  “Hyung that isn’t a bad idea at all. I’m sure he will approve and be just as happy”. “What if your mom doesn’t like that yeobo”? “That won’t be too much of a problem Dongwoo. My dad is definitely not afraid of my mom and if that fails, thanks to Myungsoo, emancipation is the next best thing”. “And also hyung you forgot my dad is a lawyer so if you need help with the paper work, I’m all over it” said L. “Thanks guys. What would I do without you”? “Be shipped to Japan” joked Yeol.

----------------

 

Days have passed since the issue with Hoya’s mom and things seemed to have died down. It was just another day at the record store and today Woohyun and Sungyeol were scheduled to work. Ever since they clocked in Woohyun could see that Yeol wasn’t his usual self. He wasn’t as social with customers, when you spoke to him you could see words go in one ear and out the other, and he practically moped around all day. Once their boss was out of sight Woo went over to see what was going on with his friend. “Hey Yeol” he nudged “what’s wrong buddy? Is everything ok”? “Woo”. “What is it”? “It’s Myungsoo”. “Oh no what did he do”? “It’s kind of embarrassing. I’d rather not say”. “Come on…it’s just me here. You know you can tell me, go on spill it”. “Well….I think he’s starting to lose interest”. Woohyun gives Yeol a mocking stare. “Is that all’? “Woohyun I’m serious”. “You can’t be. Myungsoo likes you a lot”. “Yeah but…but”. “But what”? “Ok but promise you won’t tell”. “Pinky promise”. “Ok well the last night Myungsoo came over to my house. At first things were normal but then you know…things were starting to get…intimate.  We were only making out and then out of nowhere he calls me Sungmin”. “Who the hell is that”? “Remember the person I mention when I first met him and he confused me with someone else”. “Yeah”. “Well turns out mister Sungmin is his ex”. “W-w-w-what a minute. So he called you the name of his ex while you two were getting busy. That is beyond crazy”. “Trust me I know. What do I do Woohyun? I think I’m losing my grip. I knew it was only a matter of time before Playboy L return to his old ways”. “Don’t say that Yeol. Maybe it isn’t as big of a deal as it seems”. “You tell me how can this not be a big deal. This isn’t the first time this has happened. How can I not think that every time when I’m with him he’s thinking of someone else? This is bad Woo. Maybe I should change my look. My hair is getting longer these days. What if I let it get grow instead of getting my usual cut. Or what if I dye it? It seemed to work for you”. “Slow down man. I’m sure you don’t have to change your looks to keep him. I’m not sure what to tell you but you’ll figure it out Yeol”.

Across town was a completely different vibe. At Yeonin Park it was the scene for Dongjoon and SungJong’s date. Sungjong stepped aside as Dongjoon laid out the blanket. He offered his assistance for the layout of the food but Dongjoon declined. “You just sit there and look pretty. You relax while I take care of everything”. Jongie melted as Joon flashed him a smile brighter than the sun. He had a twinkle in his eye that wasn’t all due to his date’s good looks. Jongie made sure he didn’t eat hours before the date so he could devour any and everything Dongjoon made for him. Maknae’s mouth started to water as he watched Joon reveal their meal.  There were tuna kimbap, seasoned broccoli, pan-fried beef, papaya salad, and Joon’s personal favorite treat, macaroons. He couldn’t keep his eyes focused on a single dish for more than a second, but as hungry as Jongie is he still keeps his cool composure. “Well what are you waiting for? Go ahead and dig in. Here try this”. Jong opens his mouth as Joon feeds him a piece of kimbap. Maknae didn’t know what to be more excited about, that fact that he finally had something to eat or was it because of the hot guy feeding him that delicious piece of food. “How is it”? “ic”. Dongjoon laughed at Jong’s satisfaction. “I’m glad you like it. I made it all myself”. “Please give me more”.  Happy that Jong was enjoying his food, Joon did just that. With a smile on his face he happily fed Jong more and more food. The two seemed to be having a great time. The conversation flowed well and they discussed various things from school, music, food, and even favorite hair products (mostly Jongie’s doing). Time had flew by and with only the macaroons left, again thanks to Jong’s appetite, the two were on the topic of dating. “So what type of guy would you say you are when it comes to relationships” asked a curious Sungjong. “I’m the guy that likes to give and that usually got me screwed in the past”. “What do you mean”? “Well like now, I like to do things. I’m a romantic and I like to romance. Every now and then I like for the feelings to be return or appreciated, but a lot of times they weren’t so it ended”.  “Well it’s a good thing you didn’t let it keep you down”. “Well I’m here aren’t I”? “True. So you would consider yourself a one guy type of person”? “Most definitely. Ya know since became so easy, relationships have become harder, but even so I still commit myself to one person. Even during the process of “talking” to someone I only commit to that one. I’m not big on mind games so when I like someone I let them know”. “So is there anyone you have your eyes on”? “You really want to know”? Sungjong nodded his head, “Yeah, I do”. Dongjoon leans in closer towards Jong and maknae becomes increasingly nervous as the distance between them gets shorter and shorter. Joon stops just inches from Jong and looks him directly in his eyes. He lifts Jong’s chin and gives him a soft tender kiss. “Does that answer your question”? “I guess you can say so”.

----------

 

The weekend had past and Jong was still on a high form his date. He had a smile stretching from ear to ear from the moment he woke up out of bed. He kept this smile all the way to the school parking lot. “What’s up with him” Hoya asked Gyu. “I don’t know something about food ”. Woohyun takes Sungjong aside as they step into the school. “Oh my gosh Jongie so tell me…what happened? Come on out with it”. “Hyung it was GREAT! At first I thought it would be lame since he made me walk to the location but it was a nice little scroll to the park. We enjoyed a nice lunch date there, which he completely made himself. Don’t even get me started on the food hyung. It was delicious; it tasted just as good as it looked. Speaking of looks… Dongjoon was ovary busting y, his arms in his shirt unfffffff. I swear I wanted to eat some of the kimbap off his chest. He fed me and we also shared a kiss, and what a nice kiss it was. Dongjoon has the softest lips ever”. “Wooooooow, sounds like you had a very good time”. “Yesssss and a very good time it was”. The boys were now separated as they head for their classes. In the hallway Sungyeol and Woohyun walk past Kyungmin who gives them a devilish stare. “What is with that guy”? “I don’t know. It’s kind of sad really. He was my first friend here and now he hates me. I don’t even know how all this started”. “So why don’t you try to patch things up”? “And what am I supposed to say, ‘I know you tried to kill me but I’m willing to look past it’. Reconciliation sounds like a nice idea but honestly we are way past that point. He tried to kill me there’s no coming back from that, and besides if anybody was going to do the reconciling he was going to have to come to me.  While in class Sunggyu sent Woo a text to inform him on asking Hyomin about taking Sunghyun on vacation with them. “Hyunie, after school I’m going over to Hyomin’s to talk to her about the vacation. You want to come with me”? “Ummmm I don’t think it’s a good idea. If you even want to have a smooth conversation with this girl, I should be nowhere around. I don’t even thank you should mention me in the conversation” Woo replied. “Don’t be silly Woo….but I get your point. You want a ride after school”? “Yeah, that’ll be ok. Now will you stop texting me and stay focused lol…your teacher is going to catch you”. “Ne~”.

Sitting alone in one of the vacant music rooms, Dongwoo sits at a piano. He’s there alone with his thoughts and starts to practice. With no other way to express himself, he puts his heart into his fingertips and the piano’s melody engulfs the room. You can feel his soul, the music was beautiful. It was his best run at the piano by far and even Dongwoo knew that once he was done. “Man that felt great. I wish I had recorded myself just now”. Suddenly he feels a pair of hands caress his shoulders. “Don’t worry I did”. Dongwoo looks up, “Oh Hoya you startled me”. “I’m sorry. That was a nice piece Dongwoo” he said massaging his choding boyfriend. “Hoya, you never told me about what happened”. “You mean with my dad”? “Yeah, how did it go”? Hoya takes a seat next to Dongwoo. “Well…..it went surprisingly well.  There were lots of questions, and I mean a lot. I told him about you and our situation and he was supportive. He kind of hinted that he wanted to meet you too but I couldn’t tell if he was serious or not. He told me that I kind of have to wait on moving in with him because he’s in the process of moving himself, but all in all he’s behind me all the way”. Dongwoo gives Hoya a hug, excited from the good news. “Oh this is just great Hoya. I’m so happy for you”. “And I’m happy for us. I told you Dongwoo, I won’t let my mother keep us apart from each other”. “I’m sorry for wanting to give up so easily Hoya. I should have had more faith”. Hoya fixes Dongwoo’s hair out of his eyes, holds his face in his hands, and gives him a soft kiss. Their foreheads meet, “It doesn’t matter now Dongwoo. Everything is going to be ok”.

_______

A/N: Ohhh the maknae couple is so cute. How lucky of Jong having a guy that can cook up a meal and is easy on the eyes. 

Also just wanted to let ppl know that if you haven't go watch Hoya's new drama Answer Me 1997 aka Reply 1997. I know I'm late b/c gifs have been floating on tumblr for a couple of days but after reading a recap of this weeks episodes, I just LOVE Hoya so much more. He's playing a gay character and his character has a crush on his BFF. I'm going to try to keep his short, but i absolutely applaud Hoya.

 I applaud Hoya for taking this role. It’s no secret that South Korea isn’t so LGBT friendly. Some might say it’s not a big deal, there are Gay theme Korean films (No Regret) and shows featuring gay characters (Life Is Beautiful) but it kind of is though. Do you know how much pressure it may be for him to be an idol with an image and risk the fact that ppl may treat him differently after this. He could have took on typical roles like Sungyeol or Myungsoo (I still love you both) but he didn’t. The fact that he got the role and his company Woolim Ent didn’t stop him (when I’m sure both knew the character would be gay) shows how awesome they are and the height of Hoya’s idgaf-o-meter. People could try to ruin him by making up rumors of him being gay, which has ended career’s and lives, but do you think Hoya gives a ….i think not since he took the job. He is showing kids and ppl his age, who probably have delusional parents who thinks watching gays on tv turns you gay and then you die of AIDS, that it is ok for you to like someone even if they happen to be of the same gender. Hoya is an idol and of a popular group at that, and we know how idols are worshiped. His fans and others are going to watch this and it can have a positive impact because whether he knows it or not he supporting tolerance of homouals…and for that Hoya I love you even more than what I did before.

Oh and if those anti-gay parent who did that dumb BS against Life Is Beautiful tries that against Hoya and this drama, I hope K-Inspirits open up a world of hell on them.