I Stand Alone

Be Mine: A WooGyu Love Story

 

Locked away in his room, Woohyun sits on his bed as his phone constantly beeps from all the missed calls. “Woo-yah, still feeling ill” Mrs. Nam asked her son. “Yeah, I can’t make to school”. “Ok son. Appa and I are heading to work. Don’t forget to take your medicine ok”. Woo had missed a couple of days of school and work but the only thing he had suffered from was no physical sickness but a broken heart. He hadn’t talked to any Gyu, the chodings, or any other member of TWL since that shocking day. “How could they all have knew and not told me? I mean a little heads up would’ve been better than nothing. And Gyu, a baby and with Hyomin…it doesn’t matter because now I see that in the end I’m the only one I can depend on”. The phone rings again from a missed called and Woohyun gets so upset when he sees that it’s Gyu he picks up the phone and throws it against the wall. “Why won’t this bastard just leave me the hell alone?”. Woo curls up back into bed and drowns out the rest of the world.

--------

 

At Kirin all the guys gather in the lounge. “Has he answered any calls or texts from any of you” Gyu asked. Everyone shakes there head “no” and Sungyeol grows irritated. “Yah SungGyu this is all your fault!”.  “Sungyeol” L tried to calm Yeol down. “If it wasn’t for you, my best friend wouldn’t be acting this way!”. “I understand. This is all my fault Sungyeol and I promise to make things right again”. “I think you’ve done enough”. “But it’s not like I knew about the baby myself”. “You did know! We all knew about it. I should’ve never persuaded Woo to ever come here”. “You may regret that now but doing that was the best thing you did for the both of us Sungyeol”. At the sound of the bell the guys gather their things and head off for class. The mood from the meet at the lounge carried on to each of the guys classes. Gyu was clearly the worst of the bunch but he didn’t let it show so much when he was around the guys. On the inside was a completely different story. The past couple of days he’s been crying alone in his room waiting for Woo to answer his calls.

 

As the gives instructions for the next assignment a light bulb goes off in Gyu’s head. “For the next assignment I’ll need for you guys to come up with a song. Not just any song, a song that expresses your honest emotions. You will sing your songs at the next assembly in 2 days so you better  work hard. Here’s your rubric for the assignment. Sungyu”. “Yes”. “I’ll need for you to give this to Woohyun so he won’t fall too far behind on the assignments”. “Sure thing sir”. This was the perfect chance that Gyu was looking for. He’d been working up the nerve to go visit Woohyun but he just couldn’t bring himself to do so. “I’ll be sure to deliver this as soon as school lets out”. 

-----

 

“What am I going to do? Woohyun has been my dongsaeng since he and Yeol were in Pre-K”. Dongwoo was sitting with Hoya in dance class pondering over the current situation. “Everything will be ok Dongwoo”. “No Hoya you don’t know what it’s like to be a subject of Woo grudge. Once he ignored both Yeol and I for a month for forgetting about a movie night and going to a party that he wasn’t invited to”. “Really?”. “Yes really. Woohyun isn’t one to get over things so easily. I can only hope he doesn’t do anything to drastic this time. He must be so hurt”. “Well try to get your mind off the situation, for example what are we doing tonight?”. “I don’t know, you wanted to get together tonight?”. “Why not? I was thinking your place with movie and pizza”. “Why my house. I’d rather go to your mansion then my little shack”. “You’ve been to my house plenty of times; I want to see where my dancing machine lays his head”.  “You sure?”. “Come on babe I’m sure it’s not that bad”. “You say that now, just wait until you see it”.

------

 

During the lunch break the guys spotted Sunggyu headed for the door. “Hyung!”. Gyu stops and notices Sungjong and the others. “Hyung where are you going?”. “I’m going to Woo’s place”. “I don’t think you should do that” Yeol says. “Why shouldn’t I?”. “I know Woo and I doubt that he wants to see any of us, especially you for that matter”. “Well I can’t just sit around and wait for him”. “Will you just listen to me, you can’t go”. “I’m sorry Sungyeol but this isn’t up to you. This problem is between me and Woo”. “That’s where you’re wrong. You brought all of us into this mess with you”. “Since I’m the cause of all this mess then allow me to fix this then”. Gyu heads for the car and makes his way to Woo’s house.

------

 

Woo finally gets out of bed and heads for the kitchen. He eats the meal that his mom prepared before work and poured the medicine she laid out for him down the drain. When he sits at the table he drops his phone; he picks it up and notices the screen is the picture of Sunggyu.  He rubs the screen as if he’s rubbing Gyu’s face, “Why did you have to be such a loser”. He deleted the pic as his own way to say that he’s moving on.

 

There’s a sudden knock at the door. “Who is it!?”. No one answers so he asks again. “Who is it!?”. Still no one answers so he goes up to the door to look through the peep whole but there is on one in his sight. When he opens the door Gyu pops from the side of the house. “UGH! It’s just you”. “Woo wait”. Woohyun slams the door in Sunggyu face. “Woo please just listen. I wanted to bring by your homework but I need to talk to you”. “What else is there to say Gyu. You and Hyomin have a kid and I can’t be a part of that”. “That was before you and I and I didn’t even know about the kid until recently. The past few days have been rough for me Woo and I’m sure it’s been the same for you too. Please open the door”. Gyu waits outside the door but he gets no response. What he doesn’t know is Woo is actually sitting on the other side of the door crying. “Woohyun-ah please open the door, I’m sorry”. Sunggyu still gets no answer as Woo continue to cry on the other side. “Ok Woo I understand, I’ll just go. Take this, you can’t fail this class”. When Woo hears Gyu’s car takes off he finally opens to door and picks up the assignment off the ground. “Song writing assignment? I know exactly what I want to write about”.

-------

 

It’s finally night time and Dongwoo has been cleaning since he’s gotten home. Hoya’s on his way over but what he doesn’t know is that his mom has hired an investigator to tale Hoya and he has no idea. “There’s no way I’m letting mom do this to me” he thought to himself as he makes his way to Dongwoo’s house.  When he arrives the investigator parks the car with just the right amount of distance. He snaps his camera, taking multiple pictures including the golden shot of Hoya giving a Dongwoo a peck on the lips before entering the house. “Waaaaah, Dongwoo this is nice. I don’t know why you were so worked up”. “But it’s nothing like your mansion”. “So I love it just as much. Now….lets see your room”. Hoya heads for the door but Dongwoo beats him to the door. “No”. “Come on~. I want to see it”. “Fine”. Dongwoo opens the door leading Hoya into his bedroom. “It’s like the size of my closet”. Unknowingly that comment dampers Dongwoo’s mood. “Dongwoo what’s wrong?”. “That’s why I didn’t want to bring you here”. “What did I do?”. “Did you have to point out the big difference in our homes? I know I know the size of my house I probably the size of only one room in your entire house”. “Dongwoo I swear I didn’t mean anything by it”. “I’m sure you didn’t. Listen I’m not really feeling like having a movie night anymore so I think it’d be best if we just reschedule”.  “Dongwoo I said I was sorry”. “I heard you, its ok. So can you please go”. “Ok. See you tomorrow”. Hoya gives Dongwoo a kiss on the cheek and exits the house.

----

 

It’s time for the assembly and no one has still heard from Woohyun. Will he show up to performance, that’s the question on all minds of the guys. Woohyun is actually backstage preparing himself. He had remained undetected the entire day and wanted to keep that way until the assembly. “Is this really what I want to do? Do I want to sing this song to them?”. Woohyun thought long and hard but he ultimately decided to go for it. “Up next, flower boy Nam Woohyun” the announcer said. “Hi. For our assignment I wanted to write a song about one of my recent experiences so here it goes…”.  

 

As the chodings and TWL listen to Woohyun's song, they realize what he is trying to say...Woohyun no longer wants to have anything to do with him. The chodings look at one another. "He can't possibly mean what he is saying right?" asked Yeol. "I'm not sure Yeol". Gyu stands backstage trying hard to fight back the tears. "This can't be the end Woohyun, I won't let it end like this". Hyomin appears backstage with Gyu but he's not so happy to see her. "This is all your fault! Why did you have to come back huh, WHY!?".

 

_____________

A/N: So how about our boys huh. They managed to get another win the following week after their first win, YAY..So happy for them. And Guess what I got....I actually got it like 2 weeks ago but I finally got my physical copy of "Over The Top". I was so happy when I went to my mail box. An unnie of mine went to Korea over the summer to teach English and she bought it for me. I was so busy with school that I forgot about checking my mailbox on campus but I was happy you have no idea. Anyhow tell me what you think of the chapter...COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT