Hurt

(un)optional [EDITING]

“We meet again.” Kyungmin purred and he tightened his grip around her forearm as she hissed in pain, only to put a statisfied smirk on his face.

Great, she thought. Now there was an even worse bastard than the Oh Sehun she knew. And right at this moment, she wished anyone, just anyone, even the obnoxious Oh Sehun would found and rescued her from this demon of a human. She’s scared, less honestly that if not for the amount of people around her, she would visibly shook like a leaf. The close body contact only worsened her self-control. She tried to keep her front strong and hopefully, the bastard would go away. She willed herself to spit back an isult which she found incredibly difficult to keep her voice from quivering.

“ you.” She gritted through clenched teeth.

Kyungmin only laughed at her attempt to throw him off. He liked it, discretely of course. Fiesty women were never his type, until now. He’s a little narcissistic, just a little. He’s tall, handsome and suave. Girls would be blind to pass him. They threw themselves at him and submitted like an obedient pet. But there’s some about this girl excited him. She might appear to be strong and fearless but she’s a mush of goo if you managed to get through her. And the strong front she put on was literally seen through. He’s in contact with enough females to know when they tried to hide something and he didn’t miss that little fear that she desperately tried to hide, radiated from her eyes.

“What the are you laughing at?” Jamie growled, anger boiled at the bottom of her stomach. The situation was not one bit laughable for her.

“You’re so cute, you know that?” He smiled, a genuine one but was completely ignored by the now enraged cat girl who was ready to bare her claws at him.

“Stop ing around and let me go.”

“No can’t do.”

“Let me go before I screamed.”

“Oh hoh. I’m kinda scared. Go ahead.”

“Yo-“

“Of course you won’t. You are the type that hate troubles. You don’t seek help from anyone because you think you could handle it all. You gave off a mean, cold and heartless kind of image but actually you’re sensitive, easily hurt and kind-hearted. You hid your own feelings but straightforward about things you dislike. You love your family but you have slight trust issues. That’s why Tao has been following you around to sway you into trusting him as a friend.”

Jamie was lost for word. It’s so true that she didn’t want to acknowledge how well he could read her. He knew she’s scared of him, he knew she’s trying to keep her front strong but inside she’s withering away along with time. Her front was crumbling down but she’s keeping it up with that little willpower and that little hope that any of the EXO member would find her.

“I don’t care what the you’re trying to achieve by telling me that. Just ing let go of me before you got yourself in big trouble.”

“You didn’t know did you?”

“I told y-”

Kyungmin cut her off “That he was once an outcast.”

“What-” Jamie began but soon found her voice stuck inside .

opened and closed a few times but nothing came out. Tears threatened to fall but she did a good job holding back from streaming down her red cheeks. She felt angry, sad, torn but mostly pitiful. Did he just pity her since she’s that kid in the corner, all by herself, struggle to fit in? Did he just feel guilty seeing how she reflected himself when he’s was an outsider? And now he accomplished his objective, would he throw her away just like that since she’d been lost for a while now but no phone calls came? She averted her eyes to the ground below her feet, her walls started to fall apart. With clenched fists, she shook a little from rage as she bit her lower lip enough to draw blood.

On the other hand, Kyungmin knew that would throw her off. Though it was hurtful, it was the truth. But he never expect her to react this way. He could see how hard she’s trying to keep herself from bawling right then and there, how she angry was but more at herself other than the mentioned male and how her defenses were decreased dramatically but he didn’t want to take advantage of that like he had planned to. Kyungmin knew how old-fashioned and cliche it was but he found this particular girl so fascinating. His thought was cut short though when a tall male stood in front of them with a confused frown on his face. His eyes flicked over to Jamie whose gaze never left the ground then back to Kyungmin and finally landed on the loosen grip he had on her forearm. Kyungmin realized that male as Oh Sehun, the maknae of EXO. The dude was popular among the trainees and due to that intimidating poker face he usually had on, no one liked to get on his bad side.

Kyungmin released his hold on Jamie’s and put both hands up into the air and shrugged. He should back away when he had the chance but didn’t forget to lean in and give a to Jamie’s earlobe, so slightly he thought the other wouldn't notice but he did. And that made the creases on his face to increase. Sehun narrowed his eyes at the retreated back of the unknown male before shifted his attention back to Jamie whose eyes were so red from trying to keep those tears in. She knew Kyungmin had left but not before her earlobe ever so lightly though she still found herself shuddering from the contact. She never notice Sehun’s arrival since her mind was a jumbled mess of thoughts that get her own head spinning. She squinted her eyes shut as dizziness kicked in and she found herself clutching her own head, swaying a little while trying to keep herself balanced. The dizziness didn’t stop though and Jamie’s legs were giving up on her. The next moment was hazy but she could somehow make out a strong arm wrapped around her waist, keeping her from falling to the hard ground. The hold around her waist wasn’t gentle but it saved her. The grip was strong, almost too painful for her to bare, right on one of those bigger bruises she had, but she felt safer than ever when she caught a worried gaze and panic in that voice calling her name over and over again. She let out a helpless whimper as the first tear made its way out of the corner of her eyes. Tears after tears followed one another like they broke through the dam.

Sehun’s panicked when Jamie started to sob quietly. He was clueless as what was going on. The girl now clung herself to his chest, the hem of his shirt with both hands and proceed to sniffle against his white shirt. Usually he would be disgusted getting tears and possibly snot onto his shirt but those thoughts never came. Instead he was comforting her with small pats on her back while clutching her head with his other hand, occasionally smooth down her soft hair. People gave the pair weird glances but Sehun didn’t let them get to him as he tried his best to calm the crying girl currently settled herself in his arms.

Jamie didn’t know who she was holding onto but her brain told her she needed it. She needed those arms around her, that heat from the broad chest and those occasional comforting pats. She wished so bad those were Tao’s before snapping out of it when it hit her. She fell and not to mention hard for the tall Chinese male. She came to adore him to the point she felt angry that she was the reason he took his time off trying to befriend her, that she was the reason others view him differently when he hung out with her, that she was just a pitiful and pathetic kid who never deserve his attention. She found so many faults in her existence but she never knew how she return to this phase. She broke out of it so long ago and willed herself to believe she would never fall into this same state again. But now she was sinking, slowly but deeper and deeper. Like quicksand, the more she struggled, the sooner she was buried. She wished so bad for a hand that could pulled her out of that hellish place.

Jamie’s sobs died down after a good 15 minutes. Sehun noticed how only sniffles were heard as the grip on his shirt was released. Her hands fell to the side lifelessly while willing herself to get out his embrace. He sensed the hesitance as she pushed him away and wiped the stray tears b at her eyes. He then sensed how reluctant she was to look at him, hanging her head low but eyes darted around nervously.

“What happened?” He asked and almost regret when she flinched a little. He needed to know why the girl was crying so hard when she was indirectly flipping him the middle finger with her glare most of the time they made eye contact.

“I’m sorry.” She croaked out in a raspy voice.

“For what?”

“For dirtying your shirt. I'm sorry. Please tell sunbaenims that I wasn't feeling very well so I'm going back.”

"But-” 

Jamie shook her head before running off. “Whoever you are. Thank you and I’m sorry. I really am.”

Sehun watched as that puff of purple hair disappeared into the sea of people. He stared off at the disappearing figure, propping onto his tiptoes when he lost sight that tiny cat girl. But then again, she’s too small to spot among the flood of people who would tower her over her by a head. Sehun sighed and stuffed his hands into his jeans pocket only to take one out and pull the wet patch of his shirt off the surface of his skin. It’s a little gross honestly, now that he noticed it. He didn’t feel angry though strangely. Sehun shrugged before walking off to find a shirt he could buy and change into.

Halfway to his regular shop, Sehun caught sight of a sweaty Tao, breathing heavy, looking around frantically that he assumed he’s looking for somebody. It hit him then Tao was looking for the feline girl. Tao saw Sehun and ran immediately to the younger boy while pushing through people and apologizing when they scowled at him unapprovingly.

“Have you seen Jamie? We kinda lost her among the sea of people. My phone is out of battery so I couldn’t call her. I’ve been trying to search for her for half an hour now. I’m so worried since she’s really bad at direction.” Tao blurted out just in one blink of Sehun’s eyes.

Sehun thought about it. He could either say he saw her with a guy he didn’t know but looked oddly familiar, her ear which may or may not be the cause she was bawling her eyes out against his chest for nearly 15 minutes. Or he could say he saw her and she said she was going home since she wasn’t feeling very well. And Sehun’s settled for the latter, remembering how she refused to even look at his face before running off without giving him an sort out explanation.

“She said she wasn’t feeling very well so she went home first. She tried to call you but she couldn’t. She tried to call you but she couldn’t reach you so she told me to relay the message.”

Tao blinked as the information processed itself in his head. He knew how the two didn’t get along that well and now she would actually tell Sehun to relay him a message. Now isn’t that strange. He didn’t want to press the matter though knowing if the maknae will spill sooner or later.

“Why is your shirt wet?” Tao raised an eyebrow at the wet patch at Sehun’s chest area.

The maknae gulped visibly. He couldn’t lie even if he bet his life on it. But his brain just told him to speak the first thing came to his mind.

“I spilled some water when I went to eat some dukbokki.” He lied. HE LIED. Ouch. And he felt super guilty about it. He regretted it so much but he would rather do that then telling Tao about what actually happened earlier and he didn’t why he wanted to keep Jamie’s secret. The secret that he actually didn’t know a clue about.

“I see.” Tao replied at that underlying tone he actually knew the maknae wasn’t truthful.

Sehun, of course, knew his lie wasn’t one bit believable but still sighed in relief when Tao decided to let it go.

“I was thinking about buying a new shirt right now. Do you wanna come along and ask them if they could charge your phone for you?”

“That’s a good idea. I need to know Jamie’s safe.” Tao smiled before following Sehun’s to his favorite shop with a curiosity that was eating him away.

He wondered to himself as to why Sehun would lie like that when he never did with such purpose before. Did something happen to Jamie that he wasn’t supposed to know? That made him even more angry at himself for taking his eyes off her that one second. He was scared she would get lost. He was scared she would hurt herself somewhere along the way and she would hate him for not noticing she was gone a little sooner.  

Please be safe. 

 


Author's Note

BAMMM!! The drama! I know how high I still sound but trust me, I'm not anymore. I'm having a hard time writing the end of a chapter. I want to make it interesting but I have the feeling that all my conclusions are very boring. :(( I'm gonna improve along the way I guess. 

Anyways, end of rant. Next chapter will be up as soon as I finished my assignment for next week. HWAITING!!~